Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glopop11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Way to go on the chin-ups!!!

mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Glopop11! I can do mulitple chin ups now, I'm hoping to be able to do just 1 pull up!!! One of these days!!!

Saturday - I ran 7.5 miles with my local running group, the weather was perfect for running!!!

Sunday - I did a lot of nothing! my hubby was sick so I tried to help him feel a little better. I was going to go out for a short run, but it never happened!

Back to the gym tonight for back squat day!!!

mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2sethc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello,

back in the gym yesterday. Our coach is just back from a training seminar so he has instituted some tests that we have to pass in order to earn the use of the barbell in back squats, bench press and deadlifts. I passed the two tests yesterday for the back squat! yippee!!

Monday's workout:

warm up - usual plyo stuff - our warm up is awesome! It is very similar to how my son warms up for all of his cc races. It is a mini workout in itself!

3 sets:
    db Clean and press - 5 each side
    1 arm ring rows - 8 each side
    heavy farmers carry

5 sets:
    back squats:
    1x5 - 75 lbs (kept things light today to work on form)
    1x5 - 80 lbs
    1x5 - 80 lbs
    1x10 - 65 lbs
    1x10 - 65 lbs

box jumps - 3 (I did a few on a taller size this time!)
    hanging leg raises - AMRAP

3 sets:
    1 arm deadlift with heavy kb - 8 each side
    banded good mornings - 20

20, 16, 12 Ladder:
    Burpees
    alternating lunges
    butterfly situps

It was a good workout!

Our BA meal last night was delish! It was chicken breaded in panko, and topped with drizzled honey! I never had honey on chicken before but wow!!! The roasted japan sweet potatoes were Meh! regular sweet potatoes are much better!!!
    Attached Images

Hello,

Wednesday's workout:

warm up - usual stuff

3 sets:
    barbell row - 10 w/ 55 lbs
    KB Snatch - 5 each side
    push ups AMRAP (I can do 5 per set, today we tested for the use of the barbell in bench press, a woman had to do 5 full chest to the ground, good form pushups, and a set of 10 db bench press with 25 lb db's, I did the push up test and passed! woohoo!)

10, 8,6,4,2 Ladder:

DB Bench press:
    1x10 - 20 lbs (I will do 25 lbs next week for a set of ten to pass the test for bench press)
    1x8 - 20 lbs
    1x6 - 20 lbs
    1x4 - 25 lbs
    1x2 - 25 lbs

V ups - 20
    sled pull

3 sets:
    bike sprint - 30 seconds
    KB tater squats - 15
    Turkish Get ups - 6

1 set:
    100 band pullaparts
    100 band tricep pulls

Off to Cbus area tomorrow afternoon to meet up with other Allegheny College CC parents for drinks and dinner!!! The NCAA Regional CC meet is on Sat! My son is in varsity this year so he will be running on Sat! Can't wait!!! The team has a shot at getting to Nationals, it would be awesome!! If they get through, we'll be heading to Illinois the following Sat for Nationals! Go Seth!!! Go Gators!!!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome workouts, keep kicking ass! Good to see people having a squat day focused on form, that's the way to do it!
    Originally Posted by mom2sethc View Post
    push ups AMRAP (I can do 5 per set, today we tested for the use of the barbell in bench press, a woman had to do 5 full chest to the ground, good form pushups, and a set of 10 db bench press with 25 lb db's, I did the push up test and passed! woohoo!)
    Before I read the other comment about the coach I thought you and another woman in the gym threw down with push ups and db bp to see which one of you would win the bb bench station.

Enjoy hanging out in Columbus and best of luck to your son and his team!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 195x1
    OHP: 105x4
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

SizeSlim Rep

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Hello!

Thanks Hobbes! I'm a stickler for form, and fortunately so is my coach!

We were in Cbus Friday night and Sat. We had dinner with other parents of Allegheny runners, we had a great time! Sat was the regional meet, and it was COLD! The men's team finished 9th, and the girls finished 3rd! The girls will move on to the National meet in Illinois this Sat. My son ran OK, but not great and he is overall not happy with his season. He remained in varsity all season (top 7), but did not run to his potential. Nothing physical going on, we had his blood work done and checked for iron, mono, etc. He ran a lot of miles this season, and his workouts indicated that he could race much faster than he was. So, now he gets some time off before indoor track starts. We'll see what he does in track, which he loves more!

I was supposed to run a half marathon on Sunday, but decided not too, I did go out for a nice, quick 6 mile run and felt good. Today I will be back in the gym. I also wanted to do the Spartan Virtual Challenge this past Sunday, but my shoulder is still bothering me a bit from my last day in the gym, so I'll wait until this coming weekend to do the challenge. The challenge is to run 400 meters, do 30 burpees, then repeat for a total of 4 rounds.

My shoulder is off and on, it gets irritated with a lot of overhead repetitive stuff. Which we did a lot of last Wed.! It started bugging me before the end of my workout. I know enough to let it chill for a few days and it will improve.

Our last 2 BA meals were both very good! One was a pork burger with a chorizo seasoning, I served it with chips and guac instead of the kale salad that came with the meal! The other was a steak, mashed potatoes and roasted carrots. yum!
    Attached Images

Hello,

Yesterday's workout:

warm up - usual plyo stuff

3 sets:
    DB Clean and Press 5 each side (using 25 lbs dbs)
    1 arm ring rows - 8 each side
    farmers carry - heavy

5 sets:
    back squats:
    1x5 - 85 lbs
    1x5 - 90 lbs
    1x5 - 95 lbs (still working on good form and depth, coach happy with my squats!)
    1x10 - 60 lbs
    1x10 - 65 lbs

box jumps - 3 (moving up to a higher box now!)

hanging leg raises - AMRAP - 15-20 for me

3 sets:
    suitcase (1 arm) deadlifts - 8 each side
    banded good am's - 20

20, 16, 12 Ladder:
    burpees
    alt lunges
    butterfly situps (double ladder, 40, 32, 24)

Today will be a run day, now that the temps are cooler, I can run in the afternoons! Which is nice when I find it hard to get out of bed in the am!!!

I finally jumped on the scale! I picked a day that I felt really pleased with how I looked, I found that I am up 5 lbs! I'm hoping some of that is muscle! My hubby says I look good, and he can see the extra weight on my rear and glutes, and that it looks good! I feel good in my clothes and I am not noticing the weight. Right now I'm sitting at 129, at 5'3.5". I plan to drop a vanity few pounds before our trip to Mexico in Feb, but will let things ride until then.

Last nights BA meal was a burger, with provolone cheese and pickled beets on top! YUMMY! served with roasted potato.
    Attached Images

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yay for muscular glute gainz! How's the shoulder coming along? Those can be so freaking touchy, brb pick up a pencil the wrong way, someone get the arm sling.
    We were in Cbus Friday night and Sat. We had dinner with other parents of Allegheny runners, we had a great time! Sat was the regional meet, and it was COLD! The men's team finished 9th, and the girls finished 3rd! The girls will move on to the National meet in Illinois this Sat. My son ran OK, but not great and he is overall not happy with his season. He remained in varsity all season (top 7), but did not run to his potential. Nothing physical going on, we had his blood work done and checked for iron, mono, etc. He ran a lot of miles this season, and his workouts indicated that he could race much faster than he was. So, now he gets some time off before indoor track starts. We'll see what he does in track, which he loves more!
    Sounds like a fun time, and oh yeah it was freezing up here too all weekend, that's tough to run in. Congrats to your son for competing in varsity all season, that's impressive in itself. I bet XC at that level is brutal. Good on him for recognizing he can do better and striving to get it done. Hopefully he still had a fun season with his teammates.
    Current PRs:

SizeSlim Rep

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Hello!

My shoulder is "iffy", I have found that if I over do a lot of 1 arm presses, along with push ups, landmine presses, etc It gets irritated. If the volume isn't too high, it does OK. But at least now as soon as I feel it, I stop, It is usually fine by the next gym workout, and since we do a push/pull kind of program, I get a break before I'm stressing the shoulder again. It hasn't stopped me from doing anything, so that is good! I just have to baby it.

it was FREEZING on Sat! I think it was no higher than 29 when my son ran. He loves his team, and his "friend" is the #4 runner for the girls and she is going to Nationals. He is happy for her. We were at the Liberty Park in Powell. It was a really nice cc course!

Seth will meet with his new sports performance psychologist next week when he is home! He has a face-to-face meeting with the Doc, then he will do an evaluation to determine where his mental strengths and weaknesses are. He is anxious to work on this and be ready for track! He comes alive on the track! He is much more consistent on the track than cc. He'd rather race a 10K on a track vs an 8k cc course.

I ran 3 speedy miles this am with my local running group! We really have 2 groups, we are called the RATS and the RATS of Leasure! RATs and ROLs for short! The RATs are running a lot of miles and working hard on speed, the ROLs are doing less miles (but some are running more), and run a slower pace. I run with the ROLs, I don't run as much miles as I used to, and I don't run as fast as I used to either! I just want to run enough and fast enough to keep up my cardio fitness, not looking for pr's, medals, etc.

Back to the gym tonight for bench press!!

Last night our BA meal was a pasta dish, with broc****, scallions, garlic, spicy chili paste and mascarapone cheese! It was delish!!
    Attached Images

Hello,

Wednesday's workout:

warm up - usual plyo stuff!

3 sets:
    barbell row - 10 at 55 lbs
    push ups - 8
    KB Clean - 5 each side

4 sets:
    DB Bench Press Ladder: 10,8,6,4,2,
    1x10 x 25 lbs
    1x8 x 25 lbs
    1x6 x 25 lbs
    1x4 x 30 lbs
    1x2 x 30 lbs

Sled pulls
    V Ups - 20

3 sets:
    bike sprint 30 seconds
    Tater Squats - 15
    Turkish Get Ups - 3 each side

1 set:
    100 band pull aparts
    100 band tricep pull downs

My shoulder didn't cause me any grief yesterday, since this was a heavy workout for my shoulder, I took it somewhat easy with my push ups, I did them from a bench instead of doing them from the floor. I can do 5 full pushups (chest to ground) per a set, but it does tax my shoulder a little.

My gym has set up a few strength/form tests that we all have to pass to be allowed to use the barbell for bench, squat and deadlift. He says he is seeing too many people sacrifice form for weight, and he wants it to stop! So...now we have to earn the barbell!

The test for earning the barbell for squats was to stand facing a wall less than a foot away, and perform 10 perfect air squats, then do the same thing holding a 35 lbs kb. I passed these tests already and have earned the barbell for squats. There were 2 tests for the bench press, one was that a woman had to be able to perform 5 complete, perform form, chest to the ground push ups, and be able to bench press a set of 10 with the 25 lb dbs. I did my push up test last week and my 25 lb db press yesterday, so I have now earned the barbell back for bench!
    I'm not sure what the test is for deadlift, but I will find out on Sat!

I'm happy to see that my gym is focused on safety and form. It is almost my 1 year anniversary at my gym and I can see the improvements I have made in that year!

Good job on the db ladder, that's a cool idea. That'd be sweet for bb bench press too.

Sounds like a very responsible gym. You see so many people at my gym do some crazy, horrible form, unsafe crap that makes you cringe. I have rescued a few guys from a bench press gone wrong. If I ever see somebody suffer a horrific injury in person in there, ugh, I'll probably puke in the fake tree in the corner.
    it was FREEZING on Sat! I think it was no higher than 29 when my son ran. He loves his team, and his "friend" is the #4 runner for the girls and she is going to Nationals. He is happy for her. We were at the Liberty Park in Powell. It was a really nice cc course!
    Lol at his girl "friend." That's badass she made it to Nationals!
    Current PRs:

SizeSlim Rep

Hello,

my gym is small, but since we moved to a new bigger facility, it is getting bigger! But we usually have 2 coaches in a class of about 10 or less people. The owner/main coach won't let us go without spotters on any lift higher than a warm up set. Both coaches are very focused on our form and injury prevention, it is really nice! I pay for it though...my gym is $147 per month to go 3 times per week, if I wanted an unlimited membership it would be $157 per month.
    But for me, it is worth it! They plan the workouts and we workout in a group (similar to CrossFit). They will also work with you on any individual goals you have.
    We also have special programs here and there, for example: from now until 1/1, we have a (don't gain any fat over the holidays) program, since so many people go crazy over the holidays! We pay $50 to be in the program, and if we don't gain any body fat or lose body fat by 1/1 we get our money back. If we gain body fat, then we lose our money and it is donated to an organization of need. Just something to "put your money where your mouth is" motivate. I think I'll do it, I love sweets and I could use something to give me a reason to fight the urge!!!

Dead lift day tomorrow am! can't wait!! Then on Sunday I am running an 8-10 mile long run with the ROLs, one of them is training for a half marathon and wants someone to do his long run with him, that would be me!

Hello,

Need to update!

Sat workout:

I can't remember the entire workout so I will only post the main lift for that day:

Deadlift:
    1x5 - 125 lbs
    1x5 - 145 lbs
    1x3 - 150 lbs
    1x3 - 150 lbs
    1x3 - 150 lbs

Pretty happy with my progress on the deadlift!!

Sunday - I ran 5 miles with my RAT friends!

Monday workout:

3 sets;
    push ups AMRAP (I do 5 full each set)
    jumping lunges - 20
    ring rows - 15

back squat:
    5 sets:
    1x10 - 75 lbs
    1x6 - - 85 lbs
    1x4 - 95 lbs
    1x4 95 lbs
    1x3 - 105 lbs (how in the world do you women back squat heavy weight??? I think 125 lbs would be a miracle for me! Is it size? weight? age? all of them?

KB Clean and Press - 6 each side
    KB halos - 16

3 sets:
    battle ropes - 45 sec
    sled pulls
    KB swings - 12
    Hanging leg raises - AMRAP

This am I ran 3 miles with my RAT friends! I felt great!

My son comes home for Thanksgiving today!!! I can't wait!!!!

Last nights BA meal was awesome!! It was a sliced beef with a soy glaze served over garlic and persimmon rice! YUMMY!!!!!!!
    Attached Images

Good job on the DL!

As for squats I think it's more mobility and getting really comfortable with the form. There are a lot of ladies over here who are smaller and/or older than me that can kick my ass in squats. Squats appear to be more complicated than they really are. It's more of an A to B type thing. Don't overthink all the moving parts. I imagine myself as a giant frog - down, up, down up, that's about it.

Lots of running miles happening up there! Enjoy having your son home for Thanksgiving!
    Current PRs:

SizeSlim Rep