Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Hobbes!!

Wednesday's workout:

warm up - usual plyo stuff

3 sets:
    sled pull
    chin ups
    jammer press - 5 each side

5 sets:
    Bench Press:
    1x5x 65
    1x5x 70
    1x3x 75
    1x3x 80
    1x10x 65

Double KB rows - 10
    Sand Bag over Shoulder - 3 each side

Ladder 20, 15, 10, 5:
    KB Swings
    Burpees
    sit ups (double the above so, 40, 30, 20 and 10)

I'm searching for a pair of trail shoes! I need them for the Spartan race, and I will need them for the trail running I plan to do in training!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ooooo new shoes! Have you ever tried Hoka shoes? I've wondered if they really have some extra awesome support or if it's more of a gimmicky thing. I would like my huge hammy ass to be able to glide over the road like I'm running on a cloud.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello,

Hobbes, with regards to Hoka's, my trust worthy running store feels they are "gimicky". My son has a pair, he thinks they are comfortable, but he doesn't really train in them. Your best bet is to go to your local running store (not sporting goods store), and have a knowledgeable person put you in the right shoe.
    Having said that...I am a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" person myself! If you are not having any issues with your current shoes, don't change them.

Monday - just to darn nice outside so I moved my gym day to Tuesday and went out for a nice, fast 4 mile run in my hood!

Tuesday's workout:

3 sets:
    KB swings - 12
    ring rows - 15
    overhead kb carry

5 sets:
    Back Squats:
    1x5x 95 lbs
    1x5x 100 lbs
    1x3x 105 lbs
    1x3x 105 lbs
    1x10x 75 lbs

banded plank rows - 10 each side
    push ups - now doing 6 full per set!

3 sets:
    goblet split squats - 8 each side
    band pull aparts - 20

3 sets:
    bike sprint - 30 seconds
    hollow hold - 30 seconds
    shoot thrus - 15

I've been so busy and haven't been able to post as often, but I am still getting my workouts in!

Below some recent BA meals: maple glazed carrots, potatoes and chicken w/ pan sauce, and a quiche with collard green, mushrooms, scallions and goat cheese! yummy!
    Attached Images

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome job on the squats, solid pyramid rep scheme! Nice push up progress as well.
    Originally Posted by mom2sethc View Post
    Hobbes, with regards to Hoka's, my trust worthy running store feels they are "gimicky". My son has a pair, he thinks they are comfortable, but he doesn't really train in them. Your best bet is to go to your local running store (not sporting goods store), and have a knowledgeable person put you in the right shoe.
    Having said that...I am a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" person myself! If you are not having any issues with your current shoes, don't change them.
    Solid advice, been meaning to go to a Fleet Feet around here to have somebody take a look. I have very flat feet with a few minor issues from that, going through different insoles like crazy.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Hello,

again, I've been so busy both at work and home that I have not been able to keep my log updated. Hopefully that will get better soon so I can be more regular! Still getting in my workouts though, both lifting and running.

Saturdays workout:

I don't remember my entire workout but it was deadlift day:

1x5x125
    1x5x145
    1x5x155
    1x2x160
    1x2x165 pr!!!! I've hit 165 for 1, but not for 2, and not following a set of 5 at 155 and a set of 2 at 160!!!!

On Sunday I ran 5 miles. Then went to see my son at his campus.

We're heading to Akumal Mexico on the 17th!!! I can't wait!! This resort has a gym and spa as well as daily yoga and pilates classes, so I intend to keep active! Not to mention snorkeling and stand up paddle boarding daily!

Some recent yummy BA meals: spicy black bean and rice enchiladas (awesome!!!!), mushroom, kale and smoked gouda pizza, and my own pizza made with mushrooms, turkey pepp and gouda cheese. YUMMY!!!
    Attached Images

oops...missed the pic of my pizza!
    Attached Images

Congrats on the 165 double!!

Perfect timing for a trip to a place with nicer weather. Looks like Feb in Ohio is going to SUCK! :/ Those activities sound like a blast.
    Current PRs:

Hello!!!

Still working out, but still busy busy busy!!!

Taking off for Mexico in a few days!! I can't wait, but at the same time bummed as I will miss one of my sons college track meets! boo hoo! I am sending my mother in law to take pics and cheer for us though!

Monday's workout:

Ladder: 5,4,3,2,1:
    DB Snacth
    chin ups - 5x4 (I can now do 5 unassisted singles for 4 sets! 20 on Monday! )
    Keg carry - 75 lbs

5 sets:
    Back Squats - Pause squats 3-1-0
    1x5x80
    1x5x85
    1x3x90
    1x3x90
    1x10x85 (no pause)

side planks 10 each side

12 minute AMRP: (This was fun!)
    Kb clean and press - 5 each side
    tater squats - 5
    bear crawl
    5 burpees
    run

Some pics below: recent BA meals: pasta w/ broc**** (yummy!) , roasted chicken with rice and chick peas (DELISH!!!!), french bread pizza w/ roasted cauliflower (yummy!)

Also a pic my running peeps took of me at the track during our run workout. They were all impressed that I could do chin ups and took my pic!!! hee hee!!
    Attached Images

^^^That's a badass pic on the chin up bar!
    Current PRs:

Thanks Hobbes! My peeps were very impressed!! hee hee!

Got a quick 3 miles in this am!

Yesterdays workout:

4 sets:
    Barbell clean and press - 5 ( woohoo!! coach is now letting us do this lift with the barbell or kb's or db's. I'm happy to use the barbell, working on getting the form right, only about 50 lbs right now!)

push ups - 10 (wow...these are hard to do after the C&P above! I did first set of 5 full, then used the bench for the other 3 sets)
    body weight squats - 20
    1 arm kb farmers carry

5 sets:
    Floor Bench Press
    1x5 - 60
    1x5 - 65
    1x3 - 70
    1x3 - 75
    1x10 - 60 lbs

handing leg raises - 15
    sled pull (hand over hand)

4 sets:
    bike sprint - 30 seconds (I SO hate the bike!)
    turkish get ups - 3 each side
    shoot thrus - 15

Off to Mexico in the am!!! yoga, stand up paddle boarding, some walking, running, and a gym!

Hello,

We had a wonderful time in Mexico!! I didn't run the entire week I was there, but I did go to yoga all but 1 day! The yoga classes at my resort were top quality. The yoga studio was an open building facing the ocean, what better way to start every day!!!
    We also snorkeled everyday too, our resort was on a natural reef, so we were able to walk into the ocean from our own beach and see tons of fish, stingrays, and sea turtles! It was amazing and the snorkeling from our beach ability is the reason we picked this particular resort/location. We were 1 hour 20 min south of Cancun on the Rivera Maya, in Akumal. We loved this place and resort and will return!
    My husband played volleyball every day with an Austrian fitness/body builder model! The guy is Felix Stryker. My hubby wants to know what it takes to look like him! hee hee!! I do not enjoy team sports, so I contented myself with being a spectator!!
    Back home now and just got back from a trip to Indiana! My son ran the 5k in his indoor track conference meet and hit a pr of 15:50! He was a little upset about the race as he says that he knows that he could have went faster! He is a little like me, he struggles with pushing himself into the "hurts really bad" zone! He wants to break out of this as he feels that if he did, he could hit some much faster times. I hope it works for him, for me...nope! I don't like to hurt!!! hee hee!!

It is now time for my running miles to start increasing, I plan to race a half marathon this fall, and I'd really like to run a decent time. So, I plan to increase my miles and add some speed work/training. I'm also doing a Spartan Sprint in early June, so I have a 30 day training plan for that, however I plan to start this early so that I can get through the entire program, as I know that I won't be able to do these workouts daily as the plan calls for, they are just too intense, and I plan to continue with my 3 days in the gym and running as well.

Some pics attached of me in Mexico, I'm flexing some muscle on the beach (Felix inspired)! I'm liking how my rear view is changing! I can see changes in my butt and back. I'm happy with my weight, I dropped a few pounds on vacation, I haven't weighed myself in weeks, but was 128 last week at the doc, and that was mid day after eating, and fully clothed! So, I'm estimating that I am around 125 again, which is where I feel best.
    Also a pic of me and my speedy son!
    Attached Images

Hello,

Monday's workout:

3 sets:
    barbell clean and press - 8
    sled drag
    banded plank rows - 10 each side

5 sets:
    Back Squat ladder:
    10x70 lbs
    8x85 (oops! I skipped 8 and did 6!)
    6x90
    4x95
    2x105
    2x110 (felt good and wanted to make up for the 8 I missed above! even at this 2nd set, I still felt strong and had more in the tank!)

ring rows (low) - 15
    Banded pulls to chin - 15-20

4 sets:
    Slider backward lunge with kb - 10 each side

3 sets:
    bike sprint - 30 seconds
    KB rack hold - 30 seconds
    KB swing - 30 seconds

Hello,

Wednesday's workout:

3 sets:
    push ups - amrap (5 full per set)
    chin ups - amrap (5 unassisted per set)
    battle rope - 30 seconds
    jump lunge/jump squat - 30 seconds

5 sets:
    Bench press Ladder:
    10x60 lbs
    8x65 lbs
    6x70 lbs
    4x75 lbs (failed the 4th rep, but rested and got it)
    2x75 lbs

Double KB rows w/ 25 lbs db's - 10
    Keg carry - 75 lbs

3 sets:
    Double dB bench holds - 30 seconds
    kit kats - 30 seconds

3 sets:
    band pull downs - amrap
    crush curls - 12
    face pulls - 15
    iron cross - 12

Good workout! I was concerned with doing both push ups and chin ups in the same workout, but still managed to hit my usual full and unassisted reps on both of them! woohoo!!

My son is coming home from college for his spring break tomorrow! I am so excited to have him home for the week! He has a track meet on Sat, but the weather looks a tad cold! 22 for the low, 43 for the high!! It is the 1st outdoor meet of the season.

I haven't ran since Sunday because I am SICK of this cold weather!! During the week I run in the early am before work (around 5:45), and it is just so hard to push myself out of a warm bed when the weather outside is so cold! grrr!!!

Hello,

Friday - I managed to push myself out the door and run 3 miles with my running group, still angry about the 22 degree temp!!

Saturday's workout:

3 sets:
    Ladder 2,4,6,8,10:
    1 arm KB:
    swing
    clean
    squat/thruster
    rows
    rack carry
    Then Repeat with other arm (this was a tough, but fun workout!)

5 sets:
    Deadlifts:
    1x5x135
    1x5x145
    1x3x155
    1x3x155
    1x3x155

3 sets:
    barbell rows - 10
    band pull aparts - 25

Sunday - waited for the temps to reach high 40's and went out for a nice 6 mile run!

My son is home from college for spring break, so I am enjoying having him home! We went to a track meet on Sat where he raced the 1500 and 800. His 1500 was in snow! pic attached! This coming Sat we are heading to another track meet, but in warmer climate! we're heading for Atlanta!! We plan to go to the aquarium after the meet on Sat and fly home on Sunday.
    Attached Images

Great job on the deadlifts!

Wow that is some crazy weather for track. Stupid bipolar Ohio weather, one weekend it's like 50 and I go yayyyy Spring is HERE, then the next weekend it's 21 and I'm like ohhh... I have to move to Florida now. Hell yeah, Atlanta weather will be much better! Props to your son for going with shorts and a tank in that. Did a lot of runners whip out compression clothes to put under their uniform?
    Current PRs:

it is usually the sprinters that pull out the compression gear, the distance kids tough it out!

Hello,

Got out this am for a very snowy 2 mile "hike" with my running group! Followed by coffee afterwards! Fun am!!!

Tuesday's workout:

3 sets:
    barbell clean and press - 8
    sled drag
    banded plank rows - 12/12

5 sets:
    Back squat ladder 10,8,6,4,2:
    1x10x 80 lbs
    1x8x 90 lbs
    1x6x 95 lbs
    1x4x 100 lbs
    1x2x 110 lbs (this is a slow progressing lift for me, I am a stickler about form and depth, happy about my squats today!)

ring rows - 15
    banded high pulls - 15

3 sets:
    glider backward lunges w/ KB - 12/12

3 sets:
    bike sprint -30 seconds
    KB rack hold - 30 seconds
    KB swing - 30 seconds

Great work on the squats!!

I am so over this dumbass snow.
    Current PRs:

Hello,

Hobbes - I'm so over the morning temps of 22!!! yuck!

Thursday's workout:

3 sets:
    push ups - amrap (I can do 5 full per set, more if I move to a bench)
    chin ups - amrap (I can do 5 unassisted per set!)
    battle rope - 30 seconds
    KB dead swings - 30 seconds
    jump lunges/squats - 30 seconds

5 sets:
    Bench Press Ladder: 10,8,6,4,2
    1x10x 60 lbs
    1x8x 65 lbs
    1x6x 70 lbs
    1x4x 75 lbs
    1x2x 80 lbs

Keg carry - 75 lbs
    KB rows - 12

3 sets:
    bench row holds - 30 seconds
    kit kats - 30 seconds

Now, I'm off to Atlanta to watch my son race the 10k at Emory U!!!!

3 sets:
    band pull downs - amrap
    kb crush curls - 12
    face pulls - 12
    iron cross - 12

Big accomplishment on the 5 chin ups, keep up the great progress!

How did your son do in the race?
    Current PRs:

Hello!

Hobbes my son ran well! He didn't hit the time he wanted, but still finished 9/32 (8th place scored, so he is mad that he didn't grab that last scoring spot) and ran a 33:21 10K! He won't run another 10K until the end of season, it will be at his conference, and he should score points then. He wants to hit 32:XX. Pic attached, he is bib #17 (yellow/blue uniform).

We had a great time in Atlanta!!! We spent Sat at the track meet at Emory U, then headed to the Georgia Aquarium in the late afternoon. WOW! What a mess of traffic and people parking and going to the aquarium. NOT my comfort zone! But so glad we went as Seth was so excited by the large beluga and man-a-wars (?). It was worth the stress!!!
    Afterwards we walked over to the olympic park and got to see the olympic ring fountain show. Had a nice dinner afterwards, and flew back to Cleveland Sunday am!
    Short, but so sweet!!!!!

Sunday when my son headed back to campus, I shed a tear (or few! as I usually do!), then went out for a short 3 mile run to clear my head. When I got back I did 5 full pushups (my coach say to do them everyday, that way they get easier and easier. Instead of just doing them 1-2 times per week in the gym. So, I will give that a go!!!

I then decided that it was time to try that elusive pull up that I have wanted for the last 2+ years! I can do chin ups now, I still do them as singles, but they are full unassisted, not jumping either, I make sure that they are a full pull! I know I could string several together, but instead I do 5 singles per set, and plan to work up to more per set.

Anyway...down to the basement I go and grabbed the bar and did it!!!!!! WOW I am so excited!! I ran upstairs and told me husband. I asked him if I should try another one, just to make sure that it was true, that I really did it! He said, go ahead!!! So, I went back down and did another one!!!

You all need to understand that years ago (about 4 total years now, with the last 2 years being solid) when I first tried lifting, I don't think I had enough upper body strength to pull myself up out of a swimming pool!!! I couldn't do a chin up or push up if my life depended on it!!!

I'll never accomplish huge numbers on dead lifts, squats or bench press, but I'm proud of the numbers I can hit, and I'm tickled pink about my progress on push ups, chin ups and NOW pull ups!!!!!!

pics below:

last nights BA meal - burger with honey marinated jalopeno (sp?)pepper and goat cheese, roasted carrots and mac/cheese..oh and organic chocolate stout (OMGosh!!!!tried this in Atlanta and LOVE it!!!!)

my son's 10k race in Atlanta - Emory U

Our "3" family at the olympic ring fountain
    Attached Images

Hello,

I had a great week in the gym! main lifts all feeling strong.
    I don't remember my full workouts from last week but my main lifts below:

Monday - Back squat day - pause squats - worked up to 95 lbs for sets of 5

Wednesday - Bench Press day - worked up to 80 lbs for sets of 3

Sat - Back Squat day - 1x5x135, 1x5x145, 2x3x155, 1x2x165

I also got 4 running days in!! yippee!!

On Sunday I ran a nice hilly 6 miles, then followed that up with my first Spartan workout! (I'm doing a Spartan Sprint race on June 3):

Spartan workout: 100 meters on the track

5 rounds for time:
    10 pushups
    25m army crawl
    25m bear crawl
    25m sprint
    25m skip
    10 jump squats
    100m jog back to start

It probably wasn't wise to use my 6 mile run as a warm up, but I needed to get in both my run and my Spartan w/o, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

I finished in 18:31.

Congrats on the pull up!!! You are cracking me up about going hmmm I should try to do it again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating that. You are putting in a ton of work and making awesome progress - be proud!

Holy ham, he ran a 33min 10k?! Why are there so many insanely fast people around, I'll never make it past the zombies now lol!

Great job on all the lifting and running, you're killing it!
    Current PRs:

Thanks Hobbes!!! that 33 minute 10K is on a track, it would be slower if it were on roads/cross country, etc. His goal is 32:XX for his next 10k. I have never been blessed with speed! In all my years of running my fastest half marathon was 1:57 (9:07 pace), my fastest marathon was 4:24. My husband has the speed, he was a talented runner in college, and is still competitive. His last half marathon was done in 1:24.

Monday's workout:

3 sets:

single DB clean and press, backward drop lunge, row - 8 each side

5 sets:
    Back Squats - tempo/pause 3-2-1
    1x5x85 lbs
    1x5x95 lbs
    1x5x95 lbs
    1x10x80 lbs (no pause)
    1x10x80 lbs (no pause)

Push Ups - 5 full per set
    DB KB rack carry

3 sets:
    yoke push
    band pull aparts - 30

3 sets:
    bike sprint 30 second
    burpee/ snatch - 10
    sit ups - 20

I'm taking a rest day today, I'm trying to add in some Spartan specific workouts, while staying steady with my 3 days in the gym, plus 3-4 days of running. It is hard to find the time!! The Spartan workouts are fun, but very intimidating to me. I got trough the 1st one though, so that is a great feeling! The next one will be on Thurs, it is a bucket ladder.

Hello,

last night I did my 2nd Spartan workout:

Bucket Ladder:
    400 meter run
    400 meter carry with bucket 1/4 full
    400 meter carry with bucket 1/2 full
    400 meter carry with bucket 3/4 full
    400 meter carry with bucket 100% full
    400 meter run

woohoo! workout done!!! I could feel this workout challenging my core and my stabilizer muscles in my hips!

I ran 3 miles on Wednesday am with my running group, and another 3 miles this am with my running group.

Back to the gym tomorrow am for dead lift day!!

Thanks Hobbes!!! that 33 minute 10K is on a track, it would be slower if it were on roads/cross country, etc. His goal is 32:XX for his next 10k. I have never been blessed with speed! In all my years of running my fastest half marathon was 1:57 (9:07 pace), my fastest marathon was 4:24. My husband has the speed, he was a talented runner in college, and is still competitive. His last half marathon was done in 1:24.
    You guys are a serious running family. That's very cool, I don't think I knew you've done a full marathon, that is majorly impressive to me. I hope to work up to a half at some point, even that seems daunting with the amount of weekly mileage people claim to be putting up to get that experienced.
    Current PRs:

Hello,

Hobbes - yes, all 3 of us run! I've ran 14 full marathons, twice that many halfs. I no longer do the full marathon distance because I don't want to spend that much time training anymore! My highest weekly miles was around 45, not enough to really be "good" at a marathon, but enough to run them. However, I don't desire to run that many weekly miles anymore!!!

Saturday's workout:

3 sets:
    Barbell row - 10
    Stone carry - 72 lbs
    push ups - did 7, 7, 10!!! (rep pr for me on these!!!)

5 sets:
    Deadlift:
    1x5x 145
    1x5x 155
    1x3x 165 (this is my pr weight!)
    1x3x 165 (woohoo!!! another set at pr weight!!!)
    1x2x 165 (Yeah baby!!!!)

band pull aparts - 30
    Knee Ups - 15

3 sets:
    Skull crushers - 12
    bicep curls - 12

Ladder:
    20, 15,10, 5:
    Tater squats
    Abs (I substituted burpees for Spartan training, so got a total of 50 in!)
    shoot thrus

On Sunday, I did another Spartan workout:

60 minute easy pace run - I ran 1:09, easy 10:42 pace
    60 burpees (I didn't do these right after the run as our group went for coffee! I did them when I got home)

We went to a track meet on Sat, my son ran a pr in the 5K, 15:47!! He was happy, but a tad bummed because he says that he knows he can still go faster!! pic attached of my gorgeous son!!!
    Attached Images

Hello,

Monday's workout:

4 sets:
    Snatch Ladder 5, 4,3,2,1 (each side)
    push ups - now up to 7 per set!
    KB rack carry
    rows - 12

5 sets:
    Back Squat:
    1x5x 85
    1x5x 95
    1x5x 105
    1x8x 85
    1x8x 85

L sits - 30 seconds
    KB swings 10

4 sets:
    bike sprint 30 seconds
    Goblet drop lunges - 8/8
    plank touches 30
    KB Halos 8/8

I love the variety of workouts in here - lifting, running, Spartan training, very inspiring.
    Hobbes - yes, all 3 of us run! I've ran 14 full marathons, twice that many halfs. I no longer do the full marathon distance because I don't want to spend that much time training anymore! My highest weekly miles was around 45, not enough to really be "good" at a marathon, but enough to run them. However, I don't desire to run that many weekly miles anymore!!!
    Humans are freaking amazing, srs. Jeez 45 miles a week would have to be running nearly every day. My "long" run is only 6 or 7 miles currently. I'm trying to take it slow, it blows my mind that some people can train up to 40+ mile weeks and not fall apart from injuries every time they get close to that. Not sure if I need more flexibility or patience.
    We went to a track meet on Sat, my son ran a pr in the 5K, 15:47!! He was happy, but a tad bummed because he says that he knows he can still go faster!! pic attached of my gorgeous son!!!
    Wow, congrats to him!! Yeah, I see the snow on the side of the track, urgh!
    Current PRs:

Thanks Hobbes! I love my gym! I get a lot of variety there, currently adding the Spartan workouts has actually been fun! There are 30 of them in the book that I have, not sure that I will get through all of them before my race, but I am trying to! Some of them are running related, so I've got that covered, and some are "rest" days, which I can also cover! hee hee!!

As far as the 45+ mile weeks, yes that is running every day, maybe 1 day off. But you build up to it, I have had very few running injuries. My plantar fascia in both feet, and a tendonitis once, IT band once, and that is about it, in 25+ years of running.
    In marathon training I've trained up to a 22 mile long run, it's hard to imagine that, but again, it is something that you gradually build up to. I used to love my long runs! Currently I have NO desire to be out there that long!!

Tuesday workout:

Spartan w/o #4 - Fast 20, run/bike/row/etc for 20 minutes at a hard effort:
    I wasn't planning to do this workout when I went out for my run yesterday, but mid-way through my 1st mile, I was feeling pretty good and decided that I wanted to "get this thing done!", so I picked it up! results below:

1st mile - 10:10 (considering that I picked the pace up after I started, and that the first mile is hilly, and my current easy pace is around 10:20-10:40, I'm pleased with this!)

2nd mile - 9:33 (SWEET!!!! I haven't seen 9:xx in quite some time!)

3rd mile - 10:20 cool down mile

Wednesday:

3 miles this am with my running group, a solid 10:00 pace!

Dinner last night was BA roasted chicken and cous cous, it was delish!
    Attached Images