Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi!!

Thursday workout:

3 sets:
    KB swings - 15
    Hanging leg raises - 15-20
    1 arm KB waiters carry

5 sets:
    Bench press:
    1x5x 65
    1x5x 70
    1x5x 75
    1x10x 60
    1x10x 65

driveway run
    hand over hand sled drag

3 sets:
    fat bar barbell row - 10

5 rounds:
    tater squats - 10
    plank kb pull throughs - 20
    sit ups - 20

It is still hotsy totsy here and my gym is not AC'd, so I take it a little easy on myself on these days!

Friday workout:
    3 miles with my running peeps!

Last night I did some more practice on my motorcycle in the parking lot!!! I made a breakthrough on the sharp left and right turns! My hubby told me to actually focus on something while I am making the sharp turn instead of just focusing on nothing but air. This worked! The next 4 turns I did I nailed!!! woohoo!!!! parking lot progress!!! As soon as I title and license my bike (today hopefully!), I plan to do short rides in my neighborhood. Nothing too daring, just a small course around my house for a while.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mom2sethc View Post
    I'm an ATGATT girl!!! All the gear all the time!!!! I'm also very cautious and will take my time before I get out on the road. We stay off the highways and busy roads, we just cruise around on back roads and look for ice cream shops!!! hee hee!!
    LMAO at looking for ice cream shops. Sounds like you're taking the right approach.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello!

My gym was closed this weekend, so I just ran instead:

Sat - 8.5 miles (way too sweaty and humid to consider this fun! just get it done!)

Sun - 4.5 miles in trails (still way too sweaty and humid to consider this fun! just get it done!)

I went out on the roads with my motorcycle both Sat and Sun!! Just in my neighborhood, but stops/starts, right turns, left turns, traffic, etc!!! On Sat my hubby had me follow me, if was my 1st time out on the road and I will admit I was so nervous!!! But I followed him and did really well! Then yesterday he had me lead, we did several loops of my course, and then on the last 2 he ditched me and made me do it by myself!!!! Yikes!!! Still... I did really well, didn't freak when traffic was involved, had no trouble with my turns!!! Exciting stuff!!! Going to add a little bit more to my course this week!!!!

Hello,

It was HOT and SWEATY in my NON-AC'd gym yesterday!!!! Yikes!!

Monday's workout:

3 sets:
    Double KB Clean and Press Ladder 5,4,3,2,1
    sled pull
    heavy carry

5 sets:
    Pause Squats:
    1x5x 75
    1x5x 75
    1x5x 85
    1x5x 85
    1x5x 90

push ups- 5 full + 5 on bench per set
    banded row pulls 10/10

3 sets:
    split squats or drop lunges - 10/10
    band pull aparts - 30
    KB dead rows - 10/10

3 rounds:
    bike sprint - 30 seconds
    Double KB Cleans - 10
    shoot thru's - 15

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hot and sweaty gym workouts are my favorite!
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Yikes...been so busy haven't been posting much! I'm still working out though!!

7/21 - gym day - deadlifts! earlier in the week I strained a muscle in my back, nothing serious, but it was enough to irritate me for a few days! So I took it easy on Sat, but actually felt quite good during entire workout! yippee!! I worked up to 150 for sets of 5 on my deadlift and felt strong.

7/22 - warrior dash with my sister!!! Oh my, the WD is SO EASY compared to the Spartan!!! What a fun time though!!!! It is a 5k course with about 12-15 obstacles. All of the obstacles are simple, nothing hard. The course was a really nice trail, so it was a nice run for us as well. Pic below of me and my sis.

7/23 - Monday's workout:

3 sets:
    Double KB Clean and Press Ladder 5,4,3,2,1
    sled pull
    heavy carry

5 sets:
    Pause Squats:
    1x5x 75
    1x5x 75
    1x5x 85
    1x5x 85
    1x5x 90

push ups- 5 full + 5 on bench per set
    banded row pulls 10/10

3 sets:
    split squats or drop lunges - 10/10
    band pull aparts - 30
    KB dead rows - 10/10

3 rounds:
    bike sprint - 30 seconds
    Double KB Cleans - 10
    shoot thru's - 15

7/24 - run 3 miles with running peeps (HUMID!!!!!)

7/25 - run 3 miles with running peeps (STILL HUMID!!!!!)

7/26 - Hobbes...I am a "maybe, leaning towards a yes" for showing up at the trail race tomorrow. I have the Burning River 100 mile relay race this Sat. Our team could win, we are an all women 8 person relay, came in 2nd last year by a mere few minutes. My leg is a 9.7 mile tough, big hills, no flat leg. No one else wants it so I get stuck with it every year! ANyway...as long as I feel that tomorrow's race won't interfere with my Sat BR, I'll be there.

With the rest of my spare time I have been learning to ride my bike! I took the MSF class on 7/7-8, and have been practicing a lot in the parking lots, then progressed to my immediate neighborhood. However this past weekend my hubby took me out into our CVNP (Cuyahoga Valley National Park), and also into a neighboring town. I did great!!! We had lots of turns, hills, traffic, etc. I thought I would freak out, but I kept my composure and did quite well! Every time I ride my bike, I feel more comfortable. Pic below of my bike. Her name is Stormy! I have plans to personalize her soon!!! I want fringe for the clutch and brake handles and saddlebags!!!
    Attached Images

Ok, hopefully I'll see you there, either way good luck on that Saturday relay! It's crazy how again it's supposed to rain/thunder for the trail race. That's the only kind of race where I DON'T want it to rain because it can get a little dangerous with slipping in mud. I think everyone had to slow down a ton in the last one to get through the mud pits. If it's rainy I shall waddle on carefully. Hopefully one of these will be dry so people can go all out on pace.

Sweet bike! Stormy!! Lol

Does all that mud on the race bibs interfere with the chips? I always see the warnings "do not fold" "do not wear under garments" blah blah blah, but I assume the chips are tougher than people let on.
    Current PRs:

Hobbes - yikes! it does not look good weather wise for tonight's race! I will pass for sure if it is raining/storming. I can't take a chance due to Saturdays race.

I don't even know if the bibs had chips! Or if the race time was recorded??? I'll have to check! I did the race for fun though, not thinking about time or placement.

Hello!!

What an awesome weekend I had!!!! We had the Burning River 100 mile trail race on Saturday. There are options to do the full 100 miles, 50 miles, 4 person relays or 8 person relays. I am part of an all women 8 person relay. I take one of the shorter legs (9.7 miles) as I spend more time in the gym vs running anymore! My leg is shorter, but it's one of the most challenging legs as it is VERY HILLY, nothing flat and pretty much a steady incline over the last 5 miles of it.
    It was tough for me this year, but I got through it!
    Our team finished 2nd again this year. The 1st place team finished about 10 minutes ahead of us, they are all younger than our team though, most of us are masters (we had 1 over 60, and 3 in the 50's, 2 in the 40's and 2 in the 30's!).

My hubby and son were part of an 8 mile all men relay team and they finished 1st and set the course record!!!! their team and ours are all from our Canal Rats running group. Their team name was RATS and ours was Lady Canal RATs.

On Sunday, my hubby and I rode our motorcycle to Geneva on the Lake! I'm not ready to ride solo on my bike over that distance yet, but one of these days I will be!!! I practiced doing cone weaves in a parking lot on my bike in the afternoon and surprised myself by doing great!! I did both straight cones and offset cones. My hubby told me that the offset cones was a tough exercise and that I did great!! yippee!!! Slow manuevering is somewhat scary on a bike, but I am getting to know my bike better and starting to feel less afraid! woohoo!!!!

pics below of my relay team, I am on top row, furthest left. Also a pic of my hubby and son.
    Attached Images

Hello!

I'm fighting a little bug, came down with something earlier this week. Just feeling a little tired, feverish and a minor throat irritation. It hasn't gotten any worse, so hopefully it will pass on quickly! Still able to get my workouts in though!

Wednesday am: I did a 3 mile hill workout with my running group.

Wednesday pm: at the gym!

3 sets:
    battle ropes - 45 seconds
    kneeling jammer press - 6/6
    KB 1 arm farmer and 1 arm rack carry
    1 arm ring rows - 10/10

5 sets: Bench press ladder 10,8,6,4,2:
    KB clean - 6
    KB row - 12

Bench Press:
    1x10 - 60 lbs
    1x8 - 60 lbs
    1x6 - 65 lbs
    1x4 - 70 lbs
    1x2 - 75 lbs

band pull aparts - 30

3 sets:
    1 leg drop lunges with a pause - 8/8
    band pull downs - 20
    ring T pulls - 12

3 sets:
    sled pulls
    keg carry

Congrats on the team second place finish, that's awesome! And great job on the husband/son team setting a record, you guys are a speedy running family haha.

I hope you feel better soon. It's summer, no one is allowed to get sick in summer.
    Current PRs:

Thanks Hobbes!!!!

Yes, feeling better! I've been busy so haven't updated lately, but I did get to the gym this past Sat, and I got in an awesome 10 mile run on Sunday! I felt great!!! Which is good as I have registered for the Akron half marathon on 9/29. I'll most likely also do the Cbus half too. So, got to get my running miles in!

I'll be back at the gym tonight.

I'll admit I'm fighting "my son is going back to campus in 10 days" depression/blues. It hits me and I don't feel like doing anything, I just want to be home with my son! I still can't get my head around the fact that at some point, he won't be living at home with us anymore. It's so hard to let them go! waaaa!!!

Anyway...I NEED to get back to my usual activities, I know this.

Hello!

Tuesday workout:

4 sets:
    barbell clean - 5
    push ups - 5
    push up plank hold - 60 seconds
    Farmers carry

4 sets: Pause Squats:
    1x5x 65
    1x5x 75
    1x5x 85
    1x15x 65

ring rows - 12
    L sits - 30 seconds

3 sets:
    lunges - 12/12
    band pull aparts - 30

Ladder 20, 16, 10:
    driveway run
    KB swing (1 arm switch)
    Shoot Thru's

Then I had a nice dinner with my son!!!!

Wednesday workout:
    4 miles at 5:40 am!!! (HUMID!!!!!!!)

Hello!

Thursday workout:

4 miles at 5:20 am!!!! (still so HUMID!!!!! Yuck!)

I plan to lift in my basement when I get home from work today, It's bench press day! I may try for a pr.
    I plan to knock this out quickly as I want to ride my motorbike around my hood! I am going to go on my 1st longer ride this weekend so I want to practice a little first!!!

Hello!

I've missed a few gym workouts over the last 2 weeks, but getting back on track now! I went to my gym today at 6:30 am. I usually go at 6 pm, but I really hate that time frame and want to try getting to the gym in the am. I can go as early as 5:30 and that is the time frame that I need to make happen in order to get to work on time. So..starting Thursday, I'm going to give it a whirl!!!

Tuesday am workout:

4 sets:
    barbell clean - 5
    push ups - 10
    push up plank hold - 60 seconds
    Farmers carry

5 sets: Pause Squats:
    1x5x 65
    1x5x 75
    1x5x 85
    1x5x 95
    1x15x 60 (no pause)

ring rows - 12
    L sits - 30 seconds

3 sets:
    lunges - 12/12
    band pull aparts - 30

Ladder 20, 16, 10:
    driveway run
    KB swing (1 arm switch)
    Shoot Thru's

I've still been running! I ran a strong 10 mile run this past Sunday. This coming weekend I'll bump my long run up to 11-12 miles. I've ran 10's the last 2 weekends and they have felt good.
    I'm getting in 3 other days of running as well, anywhere from 3-5 miles on these other runs.

My son goes back to college this Friday (waa!!!! boo hoo!!!!), I will miss him.

Wow, 5:30 workouts! Our gym opens at 4:30 I think, used to be 24/7 but I assume nobody really came in midnight to 4. I bet there is at least one crazy person pissed off that had a 3am workout schedule though lol.

I've still been running! I ran a strong 10 mile run this past Sunday. This coming weekend I'll bump my long run up to 11-12 miles. I've ran 10's the last 2 weekends and they have felt good.
    I'm getting in 3 other days of running as well, anywhere from 3-5 miles on these other runs.
    Mind=blown, this is so close to my run schedule lately. Wahoo 11-12, BRING IT!!
    My son goes back to college this Friday (waa!!!! boo hoo!!!!), I will miss him.
    Awww... I can picture you sending him off with a 3 month supply of home-cooked food and like 15 freshly knitted sweaters.
    Current PRs:

I miss him tons when he goes back to campus Hobbes! But I know he is where he belongs and he loves his teammates, campus, etc. It's just such a tough adjustment, especially that first work day when I come home to an empty quiet house. boo hoo!!!!

I got up for 3 quick miles this am with my running group! Felt pretty good too!

Also got out last night for a little practice on my motorbike! At first I was afraid to go out without my hubby, but now I'm not! Although for now, I won't go far solo. Soon enough!!!!

Tomorrow I'll see how 5:30 am gym goes!!! My coach said to give it 3 weeks to adjust. I go to my gym 3 times per week, one of those days is Sat am at 7. So, really, it would only be 2 work days at 5:30 am.

Hi!!

I got myself up and to my gym at 5:30 this am!!! It feels great to have my workout done for the day. I normally workout at 6 pm, but really hate that time frame.

Thursday workout:

3 sets:
    landmine jammer press - 6/6
    landmine squats 10
    chin ups - 5
    1 arm rack carry

5 sets:
    KB deadlift row - 8/8
    Floor press: (I'm not really sure on the weight as these were done with our "fat" bars which aren't very heavy)
    1x5
    1x5
    1x5
    1x10
    1x10

Sand bag cleans to shoulder - 6

3 sets:
    bench row holds - 30 seconds
    kit kats - 15 seconds each position x 2

3 sets:
    bike sprint - to reach a 10 calorie burn on the bike
    yoke push

SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for stopping by.

I was skimming your thread the other day. You've had really great progress over the last year and a half. Especially with all the running and stuff you do. Wish I had 1/2 your energy.

Great work.

Hello!!

We dropped our son off at Campus on Friday, tough day for this mom! I always get a tad depressed the few weeks surrounding his departure. It does get better each year, but it is still there lingering in the background and sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything. Like getting to the gym when I should!! Anyway...I've managed twice per week these last couple of weeks, but I really need to get back to my 3 day per week schedule! Especially since I am paying for it!!!! yikes!
    So...that is where I am heading today after work!

I have been steady with my running though, funny how the depression doesn't affect my running! I can ALWAYS run! hee hee!!

Friday - 3 miles

Sunday - 11.25 miles!! I felt awesome on this run! I was done before I realized it, it was one of those days where I felt like I could have kept running forever! They don't happen a lot, but I do have them from time to time! I'm registered for 2 upcoming half marathons, the first is Akron on 9/29 and the next is Columbus on 10/21.

Motorbike - On Sunday we went out for my longest ride yet! It was about 40 miles in total. Lots of stops, right turns, left turns, hills, curves, a roundabout and a U turn!!! I did really well! No major issues at all.

SSD - Thanks!!! I've been a runner all my life, I think that has really helped me keep up my energy level. Keep the good work going, you'll see benefits!!! Once you see results, it's really motivating to continue.

Hello,

Got to the gym last night!

Monday's workout:

4 sets:
    DB clean and press - 6/6
    DB squat - 6/6
    Chin Ups - 5 unassisted, 5 on jackknife
    Farmer and Rack carry

5 sets:
    Back Squat Ladder 10,8,6,4,2
    1x10x 65
    1x8x 75
    1x6x 85
    1x4x 95
    1x2x 100

Keg carry

3 sets:
    1 leg step ups 10/10
    ab roll outs

It was hot and humid last night, but still got through the workout! This afternoon will be a run.

SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glad you are feeling a little better and are able to get into the gym. Kids are hard, no matter how old they are or we are.

I see we have something in common, sorta. We both want to ride. For you it's bikes and for me it's horses. The same, but different.

Hello!

yes SSD, going through the empty nest stuff hurts! Since we are a "3" family, we are very close. It's really hard on me when he goes back to college after being home for the summer. But, he is doing great and happy, and fortunately he is less than a 2 hour drive away! Plus I see him every 2 weeks during the fall semester due to cross country meets. His 1st meet is on 9/1 in Pittsburgh. He turns 21 on 9/2!!!!

I didn't run last night as planned, I had an old tattoo "redone" yesterday and the artist told me that I should wait 24 hrs before I ran (since it is on my right thigh), and wait at least 48 hrs before I hit the gym (due to all of the sweat/bacteria)!

So...I ran this am instead! Just a quick sweaty/humid 3 miler with my running group. I'll go to the gym tomorrow.

SSD - horses! cool! I have a close friend that has ridden horses all her life. I've been on a horse once in my lifetime! I'd love to get another ride someday soon. My sister in law has horses now and her hubby has promised me a ride.

Great work in here as always! Oooo you're running the Akron and Columbus Half - sweet! I bet the Columbus one is HUGE.

A couple of times I run across a park ranger on a horse on the trails, and holy crap a horse up close is the size of a building haha! I think it would freak me out to try to ride one, but galloping along on a little donkey, yeah, that's more my style.
    Current PRs:

Hello,

Hobbes - the Flying Pig is huge too!!!! So exciting!!!

Thursday workout:

10 minute EMOTM:
    barbell clean - 3
    push ups - 5
    jump squats - 5

5 sets:
    Bench Press Ladder: 10,8,6,4,2
    1x10x 65/60 (I struggle with ladders on the bench, the 65 felt heavy for 10, so I did 7 at this weight and 3 at 60)
    1x8x 65
    1x6x 65 (not feeling strong tonight, sticking with this weight!)
    1x4x 70
    1x2x 75 (this felt easy enough, could have done more weight)

Sled pull - hand over hand
    Burpees - 10

3 sets:
    1 arm KB rows 10/10
    band pull aparts - 20
    2 arm KB overhead carry

3 sets:
    bike sprints - 30 seconds

Way to hammer out the bench press ladders. Sometimes you gotta adjust the wt and power through, but the days you don't feel amazing are the most valuable building days IMO.
    Current PRs:

Hello,

Saturday's workout: (I don't remember the entire workout, so there are blanks!)

3 sets:
    pull ups w/ pause - 10
    dips - amrap
    KB rack carry

5 sets:
    Deadlift Ladder 5,4,3,2,1:
    1x5x 125
    1x4x 135
    1x3x 145
    1x2x 155
    1x1x 165 (this is my pr weight, I have lifted it for a set of 3, but happy to hit it again today!)

sled drag

3 sets:
    db bicep curl - 10/10

3 sets: 20, 15, 10:
    goblet thrusters
    sit ups
    bear crawl

Sunday:

11.5 miles - more humid than my last long run last week, but still felt good despite the humidity, which usually kills me!

We got out on our motorbikes both Sat and Sun! Both were decently challenging rides for me, pretty exciting!!

Didn't see you at the race Monday night, you alright? Just making sure you didn't get attacked by a gaggle of geese.
    Current PRs:

Hello,

Hobbes - hee hee!! that lake gets horrible from geese! They have had to come in from time to time to clean it up! I'm sorry I missed you! I ran 3 miles and called it a day! I posted the details in your journal. There are so many trails like that around my home, miles and miles of them. I run in them sometimes, but truthfully, I don't like taking the time to do it! I can run the same distance on the roads or towpath, in much less time that it would take me in the trails. So, since I already spread my training time between the gym and running, time is critical.

I haven't gotten to the gym this week! Just too darn hot and I am a whiny baby about it! No AC in my gym and my workout is tough. I will be there tonight for torture though!

Monday:
    3 miles in trails

Tuesday: NADA!!!!

Wednesday:
    3 miles in towpath this am
    gym workout tonight (will post workout details tomorrow!)

Hello,

Wednesday workout:

10 minute EMOTM:
    barbell clean - 3
    push ups - 5
    jump squats - 5

5 sets:
    Bench Press Ladder: 10,8,6,4,2
    1x10x 60
    1x8x 65
    1x6x 65
    1x4x 70
    1x2x 75

Sled pull - hand over hand - from a seated position, pulling w/ upper body only
    Seld drag - in bear crawl position

3 sets:
    1 arm KB rows 10/10
    band pull aparts - 20
    2 arm KB overhead carry

3 sets:
    bike sprints - 30 seconds