Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Registered User nas_is_illmatic's Avatar
    nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a question for anyone who has gone through cancer and survived. Basically, I have NHL Stage 1 and have completed all my scheduled chemotherapies. Thankfully, I only needed 3, unless my next PET shows that the treatment isn't working, and I have managed to do really well with the treatment (no vomiting, still can work half-time, etc.).

Even though I'm thankful that things have been manageable so far and that I should be nearing the end of the treatment journey, barring any unforeseen setbacks, I still find that I'm somewhat anxious about my future. The fact that doctor's have no idea why this happened is kind of discomforting and I feel like there's going to be a small part of me that always wonders if this will ever come back to haunt me, or if I've been misdiagnosed, etc.

Has anyone else ever felt things like this? I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack every time I go in for a PET scan now because of all that has happened.

lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nas_is_illmatic View Post
    I have a question for anyone who has gone through cancer and survived. Basically, I have NHL Stage 1 and have completed all my scheduled chemotherapies. Thankfully, I only needed 3, unless my next PET shows that the treatment isn't working, and I have managed to do really well with the treatment (no vomiting, still can work half-time, etc.).

Even though I'm thankful that things have been manageable so far and that I should be nearing the end of the treatment journey, barring any unforeseen setbacks, I still find that I'm somewhat anxious about my future. The fact that doctor's have no idea why this happened is kind of discomforting and I feel like there's going to be a small part of me that always wonders if this will ever come back to haunt me, or if I've been misdiagnosed, etc.

Has anyone else ever felt things like this? I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack every time I go in for a PET scan now because of all that has happened.
    every dr.visit, every precautionary test, trust me you're not alone. I had ptsd pretty bad. for me it's not as bad now, but I always can't sleep before appointments.

edit: if you're getting treatment that means they tested for cancer cells. Idk why a part of you feels you don't have cancer . I mean am i missing something here?
    Last edited by lolwhatthefuk; 03-08-2017 at 01:11 AM.

nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lolwhatthefuk View Post
    every dr.visit, every precautionary test, trust me you're not alone. I had ptsd pretty bad. for me it's not as bad now, but I always can't sleep before appointments.

edit: if you're getting treatment that means they tested for cancer cells. Idk why a part of you feels you don't have cancer . I mean am i missing something here?
    I meant misdiagnosis as in they got the wrong type of cancer and I have to start all over again (i.e. said it was lymphoma, turns out I actually have colorectal cancer or something), the cancer morphing despite treatment, etc. Believe me, even when the doctors thought that I had an infection and not cancer, I knew in my heart that I had cancer, so I'm 100% not in denial about that.

bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    first time caller long time listener here...

My mom was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer 2 months ago today she did her first radiation treatment 3 weeks after her lumpectomy. The doctors have said that we caught it very early besides she's a tough old bird so I know she's be OK.

heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You will go through the motions, I admit i was a bit depressed. But like everything we first have to accept it in order for us to move on. If it happens it happens, but in the mean time I am going to live my life to the fullest, take care of it and treat it good.

Prognosis for us NHLers is pretty good, the more you worry the more it will affect you. So just wake up, be thankful you have another day, friends, family, your 5 senses etc and just take it day by day. You may want to incorporate a more holistic approach to life then you are used to.

Redraider and I went back and forth in this thread a bit, pm me if you have any questions brah

edit cancer is just your cells mutating, it can be random. I blame mine on stress but it is random. Don't think too hard on it. Just take care of yourself. every little thing worries me and i think it has come back, but it hasnt. just be mindful and seek a physician if there is a problem but dont have something that you have no control over on your mind all the time. its unhealthy.
    Last edited by heatbags; 03-08-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    ***Positive Crew***

My Cancer Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162942391
    Cancer Support and Survivors - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173272371

redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I meant misdiagnosis as in they got the wrong type of cancer and I have to start all over again (i.e. said it was lymphoma, turns out I actually have colorectal cancer or something), the cancer morphing despite treatment, etc. Believe me, even when the doctors thought that I had an infection and not cancer, I knew in my heart that I had cancer, so I'm 100% not in denial about that.
    It's definitely something that's always on my mind. Especially the "Hey, no big deal, just a few more rounds" conversations, and my fear being that in one week it'll suddenly morph into some metastasized super insane cancer bug thing. Though I don't worry so much about having melanoma and then brb jk it's pancreatic cancer! I mean if that happens, I'm done, lol. Bye Felicia.

My friend, I really don't know what to say. It's such a funky thing. Granted I have panic attacks pretty consistently, but cancer and dealing with cancer stuff will always make you feel that way.

heatbags is right. Worry about the stuff you can control. You can't control cancer, but you can control your response and the life you have. *hugs and casseroles*

Originally Posted by bezarker View Post
    first time caller long time listener here...

My mom was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer 2 months ago today she did her first radiation treatment 3 weeks after her lumpectomy. The doctors have said that we caught it very early besides she's a tough old bird so I know she's be OK.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/SdHmjNI.jpg[/ img]
    She WILL be okay, I believe that. Make sure she's taking care of her skin, radiation burns! *hugs and casseroles*

If anyone ITT is currently going through treatments and would like a care package, please PM me. Seriously I have so many packages of Gin-Gins I don't even know what to do with them.

No, I will not send you 'herbs'.
    @The_Cannavore

#MMGA

lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most drs act like idiots . They think they know it all which leads to narrow mindedness. Thankfully my cancer team was an exception. Something like 30% of deaths are from medical mistakes.

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dennis71 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lung test
    Heart test
    Port procedure
    Pet scan/Ct scan
    bone marrow biopsy/aspiration
    lymph node biopsy

finally hoping to start chemo this next week. My original start date was delayed due to my original hospital taking a biopsy that didnt even have sufficient tissue (according to my cancer team)... Hoping the most recent biopsy supports my original stage 2b/e classical Hodgkin's diagnosis.
    Misc'in since '07

Diagnosed with Cancer January, 2017.
    Still Fighting.

redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most drs act like idiots . They think they know it all which leads to narrow mindedness. Thankfully my cancer team was an exception. Something like 30% of deaths are from medical mistakes.
    Ruh roh, where did you go?

Originally Posted by Dennis71 View Post
    Lung test
    Heart test
    Port procedure
    Pet scan/Ct scan
    lymph node biopsy

finally hoping to start chemo this next week. My original start date was delayed due to my original hospital taking a biopsy that didnt even have sufficient tissue (according to my cancer team)... Hoping the most recent biopsy supports my original stage 2b/e classical Hodgkin's diagnosis.
    Good luck...let us know. Did you start? Feeling okay?
    @The_Cannavore

#MMGA

☮INFJ♞6w5(so/sp) IEI-INFp lnvictus's Avatar
    lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dennis71 View Post
    Lung test
    Heart test
    Port procedure
    Pet scan/Ct scan
    lymph node biopsy

How's it going brah. Keep us updated on kicking ass
    Disclaimer: There's a 75% chance the post above is not serious.

Would impregnate/10

The 400lb hacker

StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What were some of your preferred ways of staying hydrated during chemo?
    Felix Sater Crew (Very curious character; look him up srs)
    Texas Crew
    Non sequitur Crew
    Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke, Kurt Russell Crew
    Phở đặc biệt Crew

"If he wasn't my father, I would spray him with Mace" - Ivanka Trump

TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StoliFun View Post
    Purple kool aid and purple gatorade, it's what I could tolerate.

Anybody else get attached to certain color foods and drinks?

Originally Posted by StoliFun View Post
    Pickle juice! Don't laugh! A lot of my running buddies also drink/eat them after long races as well.

These tablets:

Originally Posted by TheSteve39 View Post
    Purple kool aid and purple gatorade, it's what I could tolerate.

Anybody else get attached to certain color foods and drinks?
    I'm not sure that I get attached to any, but I have a strong aversion to the red gatorade. Let's just say it tastes particularly acidic both times you may taste it.
    @The_Cannavore

#MMGA

HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoustonMiscer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My next door neighbor got diagnosed with lung cancer. She's a really nice woman, I am visiting her in the hospital tomorrow
    Deshaun Watson Crew
    Houston Texans
    Houston Astros
    Houston Rockets

***HOUSTON ASTROS 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS***
    Tfw CHAMPION Crew

Originally Posted by redraider86 View Post
    Pickle juice! Don't laugh! A lot of my running buddies also drink/eat them after long races as well.

These tablets:

I'm not sure that I get attached to any, but I have a strong aversion to the red gatorade. Let's just say it tastes particularly acidic both times you may taste it.
    lol at both times. My parents picked up a multi flavor pack of gateraid when I was going through it and that stuff is nasty. Pickle juice sounds nasty.

newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000) newmemberforlif is just really nice. (+1000)
    I work in the healthcare field. This post is not to discredit the pharmaceutical and chemotherapy approach used against cancer, but I've had a number of patients tell me about their experience with increasing their intake in high potent foods and herbs and saw faster then normal recovery rates. Juices and smoothies with beats, celeries, carrots, broc****, etc...and powerful herbs like numeric, cayenne pepper...they told me how they consumed these daily and multiple times a day and saw faster then normal recovery rates. The point is to really go with a powerful diet when you are fighting this disease.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The term I've heard used is "scanxiety". Oh hey we're going to do these tests on you and if they come back bad your life is going to be flipped ever more upside down and you'll be in hell. I don't know how anyone could not be freaked out about that.

I don't think I'll ever get over the fear of it coming back but with time I've gotten much much better at controlling/suppressing those feelings.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

I think I might have a serious heart issue from past chemo. Seeing a cardiologist in the afternoon. Going to drive all night. **** sucks.

TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think I might have a serious heart issue from past chemo. Seeing a cardiologist in the afternoon. Going to drive all night. **** sucks.
    This is a real possibility depending on the regimen one goes through. Certain chemo can cause late term issues to the heart like a hardening of the heart walls which causes a decrease in the ejection fraction. I believe a healthy adult is supposed to have something like a 50% or 55% ejection fraction during each heart beat.

It's reversible with the right class of medicine. It's diagnosed by EKGs and echocardio grams and they take a lot of extra images during the test to confirm the diagnosis.

My EF dropped to like 40% and within a couple of years of medication my heart was back to normal and it even improved my kidney function to 100% which was slightly damaged from chemo, too.

Best of luck!

Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000) Thorsson7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First time posting but the messages and support in here is superb.

I'm waiting for results for a potential melanoma. My doctor was pretty concerned and suddenly I'm ****ting myself. Reading the messages here has helped significantly though and maybe I'm acting too soon, but it's helped with the nerves significantly.
    **Misc Cigar Crew**
    **Scandinavian Misc Crew**
    **Iceman Appreciation Crew**

Travelbrah

We are the predators, we are the hunters. They are the prey. Til Valhal!

Anyone have thoughts on this article? I'm somehow finding this really unsettling, especially because the dude who did the study is a lymphoma expert, which is what I'm dealing with currently:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/health...udy/index.html

Originally Posted by HoustonMiscer View Post
    My next door neighbor got diagnosed with lung cancer. She's a really nice woman, I am visiting her in the hospital tomorrow
    How was she doing? I hope your visit went well.

lol at both times. My parents picked up a multi flavor pack of gateraid when I was going through it and that stuff is nasty. Pickle juice sounds nasty.
    I'm literally deepthroating a pickle for breakfast this morning. An actual pickle hnnnnngggggg

Hey whatever works man

Originally Posted by newmemberforlif View Post
    I work in the healthcare field. This post is not to discredit the pharmaceutical and chemotherapy approach used against cancer, but I've had a number of patients tell me about their experience with increasing their intake in high potent foods and herbs and saw faster then normal recovery rates. Juices and smoothies with beats, celeries, carrots, broc****, etc...and powerful herbs like numeric, cayenne pepper...they told me how they consumed these daily and multiple times a day and saw faster then normal recovery rates. The point is to really go with a powerful diet when you are fighting this disease.
    Yeah, anecdotally I find this to be true as well. I try to juice on my own but also buy this funky green concoction at a market nearby. I feel more energetic through the day and am not as susceptible infections. Which combo do you recommend?

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    The term I've heard used is "scanxiety". Oh hey we're going to do these tests on you and if they come back bad your life is going to be flipped ever more upside down and you'll be in hell. I don't know how anyone could not be freaked out about that.

I don't think I'll ever get over the fear of it coming back but with time I've gotten much much better at controlling/suppressing those feelings.
    Never heard "scanxiety" before but I love it and am using it!

Well. Did you at least get to enjoy your weekend!?

This is a real possibility depending on the regimen one goes through. Certain chemo can cause late term issues to the heart like a hardening of the heart walls which causes a decrease in the ejection fraction. I believe a healthy adult is supposed to have something like a 50% or 55% ejection fraction during each heart beat.

It's reversible with the right class of medicine. It's diagnosed by EKGs and echocardio grams and they take a lot of extra images during the test to confirm the diagnosis.

My EF dropped to like 40% and within a couple of years of medication my heart was back to normal and it even improved my kidney function to 100% which was slightly damaged from chemo, too.

Best of luck!
    That's awesome to hear. I feel like sometimes stuff won't 'go back to normal.' How long would you say it took you?

Originally Posted by Thorsson7 View Post
    First time posting but the messages and support in here is superb.

I'm waiting for results for a potential melanoma. My doctor was pretty concerned and suddenly I'm ****ting myself. Reading the messages here has helped significantly though and maybe I'm acting too soon, but it's helped with the nerves significantly.
    Any news yet? When melanoma is caught early it's very, very, very survivable.

Anyone have thoughts on this article? I'm somehow finding this really unsettling, especially because the dude who did the study is a lymphoma expert, which is what I'm dealing with currently:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/health...udy/index.html
    That's not terribly surprising. I think as a society we do a whole bunch of lifestyle shaming when the reality is that chronic illnesses, including cancer, are sometimes just because of bodies being weird. To me it's almost reassuring. Yeah, eat healthy, stay fit, don't be dumb, wear sunscreen etc. but also have fun sometimes.
    @The_Cannavore

#MMGA

That's awesome to hear. I feel like sometimes stuff won't 'go back to normal.' How long would you say it took you?
    I'd say it took between one and two years. I didn't notice much of a difference since it dropped to about 40%. I'm just lucky I've got a good long term follow up team.

I have to wait for my dr to see the tests/scans. I hate the wait.

fortunately got my tests done much closer to where I live. Only a 4 h round trip. Hng.

Best of luck!
    i fear that because my dad has.congestive heart failure that I won't be as lucky. How are your parents heart genetics ?

Got my PET back today and it already looks like the lymphoma is clear from my body! I still have to do radiation just to make sure it's gone for good, but it looks like I'm well on my way to being over this soon. Thanks for the help throughout this process, everyone!

I'd say it took between one and two years. I didn't notice much of a difference since it dropped to about 40%. I'm just lucky I've got a good long term follow up team.
    Indeed. I'm happy for you in that regard.

I have to wait for my dr to see the tests/scans. I hate the wait.

fortunately got my tests done much closer to where I live. Only a 4 h round trip. Hng.
    That's not terrible. I'm a weirdo that likes long drives, gives me a chance to clear my head and catch up on podcasts. The waiting game stinks but that's like, still lol'ing at 'scanxiety.'

Got my PET back today and it already looks like the lymphoma is clear from my body! I still have to do radiation just to make sure it's gone for good, but it looks like I'm well on my way to being over this soon. Thanks for the help throughout this process, everyone!

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! I am so delighted to hear this, words can't even convey. I am just thrilled to pieces for you. Well done.
    @The_Cannavore

#MMGA

Tomorrow seeing heart doc. Docs office called me today after reviewing stuff. Scary. 8-9 h drive tonight starting midnight
    4pm appt
    Hope you all are having a good day.

Indeed. I'm happy for you in that regard.

That's not terrible. I'm a weirdo that likes long drives, gives me a chance to clear my head and catch up on podcasts. The waiting game stinks but that's like, still lol'ing at 'scanxiety.'

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! I am so delighted to hear this, words can't even convey. I am just thrilled to pieces for you. Well done.
    you ever have scan anxiety? It's a seriously ****ty feeling. I am not good with small spaces or dying young. I always peak a scans before the docs see them and work myself up. All I know is this thing feels serious. I pass out all the time. Coffee knocks me out. Etc etc. I feel like I'm dying most of the day. Haven't been to the gym in like a month

I'm such a ****ing weirdo. I've Been looking st heart transplants all night. I'm scared ****less that the worst is going to happen. Anyone else freak out to the extreme? I feel like such a pussy. Looks like I'm going to drive till 10 am and then MAYBE get 5 hours of sleep before my 4pm appointment.heading out now