Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Registered User BrofessorXavier's Avatar
    BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lolwhatthefuk View Post
    how do people in remission cope with the reality there cancer will likely come back?
    Not all cancers are likely to come back. I know the doctors told me that once I broke through two years (I did), that they likelihood of it coming back is basically the same as the likelihood of getting it in the first place (very small odds).

So I just treat it as something that won't ever come back. I'll probably get some form of cancer later in life thanks to the chemo I went through, I know I have a higher chance of testicular cancer but it's no use worrying about that now. I'm just living life.

Registered User BrofessorXavier's Avatar
    BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000) BrofessorXavier is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nas_is_illmatic View Post
    I never thought I'd post something this personal on the misc, but I've been starting to worry about my future and I figure this is about the best place to vent a bit while staying anonymous.

Right before new years eve 2016, I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Stage 1. While I"m not nearly as aesthetic or whatever most people with avi's on this site, I definitely thought I took care of myself (i.e. ate a lot of fruits/veggies, clean meat, avoided processed foods/grains/sugars, etc.) and exercised regularly, so I never really thought that something like this could happen to me. I saw all the stats about how 1 in 4 people or whatever got cancer, but I seriously never thought it would happen to me. I thought that it was because so many people live unhealthy lifestyles in America that obviously the proportion of people overall who get this is high, but it shouldn't happen to people who are careful like me. The doctor even told me that my bloodwork and all the test he ran showed that I was healthy and he was shocked that someone as young and healthy as I was got this.

It's amazing how fast life can hit you in the juggular. Here I am, 2 chemotherapy treatments in and with my hair falling out daily, it's becoming all too real for me and starting to get depressing. The ironically good news about my NHL type is that it's aggressive, which means it's curable. I'm only in Stage 1, and the doctor told me that even if I were in Stage 4, it'd still be treatable and have a decent prognosis. However, I'm worried overall that my life is going to be dramatically changed even if I beat this thing. I have to get 3 cycles of chemo + radtiation. Chemo and radiation are both super toxic to the body, and the doctor has already told me that there's a chance that I'll get cancer again in the future. It seems stupid to me that I'm getting treated with stuff that will make me sick with an even worse cacner in the future, but what can you do? I'm also worried that I may never get my hair back again and that I'm never going to be able to live a normal life now (i.e. get married, etc.) because people will see me as damaged goods.

Chemo overall hasn't been too bad so far. As I mentioned, I just got done with my second therapy and have pretty much been able to continue working and live as normal a life as possible (aside from the hair loss, which has been crushing for me to deal with mentally). Like I said, my bigger concern is what's next? Will my hair ever grow back, or am I going to look like George Costanza for the rest of my life? Am I doomed to die from a secondary cancer anyway after 20-30 years? I feel like a whole new can of worms has opened up, and I'm wondering if anyone has more information about some of this stuff.
    Alright I'm gonna take a little time to address some of your concerns.

First of all, it feels like the end of the world when you're going through chemo. You see your hair fall out, you lose your muscles, suddenly everyone and everything feels so fake, it sucks. Some of that is the circumstances you're in, but those negative feelings are multiplied by the chemo drugs. Chemo brain, at least for me, made me feel so low and depressed, it was ridiculous.

Your hair will grow back. It might be a little different than it used to be, but it'll grow back. It'll look like **** when it first starts growing back, but just power through the fuzz.

There's always a chance that cancer will come back or that you could get a different type of cancer from the chemo. A lot of the time, getting another form of cancer from the chemo is very rare. I'm not a doctor so you should probably talk to him/her about your odds of these things happening, but mine told me that my chance of being infertile was much higher than my chance of getting leukemia from the chemo drugs. My chance of being infertile isn't even very high, I still have to get a fertility test one of these days to see if I'm fertile.

So yeah there are some long term side effects. It's nothing that'll make you hate your life though, don't stress about the side effects.

You still have a future once you beat this, you aren't "damaged goods". If anything, girls love the cancer story. Once they see my scars on my chest, they love to feel them and ask about how I got them, stories about my time in the hospital, stuff like that. It's really not bad, I've never felt that I've been considered damaged goods. Outside of the scars, if you looked at me you'd never know I had cancer.

Try not to stress about the future and just take everything one day at a time. It's been a little over two years after chemo for me and I look better than ever, I know you can too. It's all about dedication and willpower, hang in there.

lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BrofessorXavier View Post
    Not all cancers are likely to come back. I know the doctors told me that once I broke through two years (I did), that they likelihood of it coming back is basically the same as the likelihood of getting it in the first place (very small odds).

So I just treat it as something that won't ever come back. I'll probably get some form of cancer later in life thanks to the chemo I went through, I know I have a higher chance of testicular cancer but it's no use worrying about that now. I'm just living life.
    thank you for reminding me about the 2 year mark thing.
    ****St. Jude/FedEx Classic Donation Thread****
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173739861

Having a big dick sucks

heart surgery 4-6-17

RR86 is gonna make it.

lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000) lolwhatthefuk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got let go today from my job unemployment here I come! Currently trying to start up a business. This should help. They will be mailing me a check for paid time off too. Summer of George winter edition.

Having a big dick sucks

heart surgery 4-6-17

RR86 is gonna make it.

StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you guys have a favorite color/flavor jello for chemo?
    Non sequitur Crew
    Texas Crew
    Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke, Kurt Russell Crew
    Phở đặc biệt Crew
    Gets anxious when characters on tv stop looking at the road while driving Crew

"If he wasn't my father, I would spray him with Mace" - Ivanka Trump

Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StoliFun View Post
    red jello/10

also In on thread, finished my delayed intesification phase about a month ago. And finnaly getting back to livin life

Originally Posted by Iamasupersayin View Post
    red jello/10

also In on thread, finished my delayed intesification phase about a month ago. And finnaly getting back to livin life
    epic

Having a big dick sucks

heart surgery 4-6-17

RR86 is gonna make it.

fidélité à la mort MajesticLion's Avatar
    MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Peace and blessings.

StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StoliFun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My friend just finished his fifth day of temodar. Now he has 23 or so days off. It really started to hit him yesterday and today.

He's going through 12oz of ginger syrup a day in water/tea.

Can anyone recommend any particularly helpful foods while the chemo does its thing over the next few days?

red jello/10
    Just put a batch of strawberry in the fridge. Thanks.
    Non sequitur Crew
    Texas Crew
    Ray Winstone, Mickey Rourke, Kurt Russell Crew
    Phở đặc biệt Crew
    Gets anxious when characters on tv stop looking at the road while driving Crew

"If he wasn't my father, I would spray him with Mace" - Ivanka Trump

ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloVilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You guys are all fukkin warriors. I'd rep each and every one of you if I could. I lost my grandma to this garbage disease... All you bro's have my respect.

today's been a good day. been growing out my poverty hair. I'm going to donate soon. any suggedtions? havent cut my hair in 1.5 years

Having a big dick sucks

heart surgery 4-6-17

RR86 is gonna make it.

Registered User nas_is_illmatic's Avatar
    nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000) nas_is_illmatic is just really nice. (+1000)

First of all, it feels like the end of the world when you're going through chemo. You see your hair fall out, you lose your muscles, suddenly everyone and everything feels so fake, it sucks. Some of that is the circumstances you're in, but those negative feelings are multiplied by the chemo drugs. Chemo brain, at least for me, made me feel so low and depressed, it was ridiculous.

Your hair will grow back. It might be a little different than it used to be, but it'll grow back. It'll look like **** when it first starts growing back, but just power through the fuzz.

There's always a chance that cancer will come back or that you could get a different type of cancer from the chemo. A lot of the time, getting another form of cancer from the chemo is very rare. I'm not a doctor so you should probably talk to him/her about your odds of these things happening, but mine told me that my chance of being infertile was much higher than my chance of getting leukemia from the chemo drugs. My chance of being infertile isn't even very high, I still have to get a fertility test one of these days to see if I'm fertile.

So yeah there are some long term side effects. It's nothing that'll make you hate your life though, don't stress about the side effects.

You still have a future once you beat this, you aren't "damaged goods". If anything, girls love the cancer story. Once they see my scars on my chest, they love to feel them and ask about how I got them, stories about my time in the hospital, stuff like that. It's really not bad, I've never felt that I've been considered damaged goods. Outside of the scars, if you looked at me you'd never know I had cancer.

Try not to stress about the future and just take everything one day at a time. It's been a little over two years after chemo for me and I look better than ever, I know you can too. It's all about dedication and willpower, hang in there.
    Thanks a lot for your post man. I unfortunately think for me this is going to be one of those things that only time can heal and is something that I just need to man up and face. I'm still honestly shocked that this is happening to me. Like I said, I'm not Mr. Olympia, but I always took good care of my body and if you asked any one of my friends who would be the first to get a serious illness, literally nobody would have bet on me.

I think the only silver lining of this whole ordeal is that I'm starting to realize that a lot of things in life really aren't in your control no matter how hard you try. I have always tried to plan and prepare for the future throughout my time, but I guess it's true that life is short and all you can do is try your best and hope the stars align. Hopefully I can use this as a wake-up call to stop worrying and start living more.
    Last edited by nas_is_illmatic; 02-14-2017 at 07:56 AM.

regarding women that definitely checks out. I have dealt with far less kunty women in my life post cancer. Idk maybe they finally see its morally wrong to be a kunt ot maybe thry realize I won't put up with it. the scars almost feel like a knife cutting through all the bull**** once my shirt comes off. it can offer a quick leap to closeness . it can go both ways though. some people don't want to deal with it. if they are one of them they are ****ty people and don't need to be in any relationship or have any chance at procreating.

that said I ****ing hate my hair!

on another note:

I've been staying with my uncle taking care of him for a little while noe. it's a small town with lots of processed ****. what vitamins should I be adding via supplements right now for muscle and overall health?

Having a big dick sucks

heart surgery 4-6-17

RR86 is gonna make it.

Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000) Iamasupersayin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    regarding women that definitely checks out. I have dealt with far less kunty women in my life post cancer. Idk maybe they finally see its morally wrong to be a kunt ot maybe thry realize I won't put up with it. the scars almost feel like a knife cutting through all the bull**** once my shirt comes off. it can offer a quick leap to closeness . it can go both ways though. some people don't want to deal with it. if they are one of them they are ****ty people and don't need to be in any relationship or have any chance at procreating.

that said I ****ing hate my hair!

on another note:

I've been staying with my uncle taking care of him for a little while noe. it's a small town with lots of processed ****. what vitamins should I be adding via supplements right now for muscle and overall health?
    Green veggie shakes and str8 carrot juice will helped me more than any supplement. Has to be all freashly juiced and drink within 15 min tho.....whenever i got a week off this stuff i felt like absolute ****, even during chemo i drank this a couple times a day and the effects of chemo to my body were a lot less.

heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heatbags is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Was able to do a full squat 260x1 yesterday, felt really good man.
    Has been over three years since I could squat anything over 2 plates.
    ***Positive Crew***

My Cancer Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162942391
    Cancer Support and Survivors - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173272371

Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000) Gios is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thought I should post in the hope of getting any ideas, advice or relating to my situation. My elderly father was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer bout a year ago and seemed grave. He had tumor removed and radiotherapy sessions but was a very uncooperative patient. Refusing treatments, not eating or taking meds etc. He took most radiotherapy sessions and somehow recovered but not the cancer is obviously back and he has same symptoms. But he refuses to return for even a check up. Now he knows what would happen and just doesn't want it. Even getting blood taken he says makes him scared. He is actually in denial about the cancer and doesn't properly understand. He takes pain killers a lot and that keeps him over. He has dementia and another mental disability from a serios accident long time ago. This all compounds the problem. Furthermore he is just a stubborn traditional Italian old man. I believe he has strong survivor genetics and could actual overcome this. Last time I thought he was gone but his genetics pulled him through as well as when he almost died from the accident that caused him brain damage. I wonder if anyone can relate to this? Thanks for reading and God bless all.

redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Peach or strawberry.

red jello/10

Good for you!!! *happy dance*

My friend just finished his fifth day of temodar. Now he has 23 or so days off. It really started to hit him yesterday and today.

He's going through 12oz of ginger syrup a day in water/tea.

Can anyone recommend any particularly helpful foods while the chemo does its thing over the next few days?

Just put a batch of strawberry in the fridge. Thanks.
    Lasagna...nothing tastes better (to me) after chemo than lasagna. For foods that help with nausea, ginger ale, crackers, sprite, jello, gatorade, boring stuff like that. Pickle juice helps me, it's pretty hydrating or at least tastes that way!

today's been a good day. been growing out my poverty hair. I'm going to donate soon. any suggedtions? havent cut my hair in 1.5 years
    Locks of love? Do they still do that?

Originally Posted by heatbags View Post
    Was able to do a full squat 260x1 yesterday, felt really good man.
    Has been over three years since I could squat anything over 2 plates.
    Amazing, this is great news. Well done.

Originally Posted by Gios View Post
    Thought I should post in the hope of getting any ideas, advice or relating to my situation. My elderly father was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer bout a year ago and seemed grave. He had tumor removed and radiotherapy sessions but was a very uncooperative patient. Refusing treatments, not eating or taking meds etc. He took most radiotherapy sessions and somehow recovered but not the cancer is obviously back and he has same symptoms. But he refuses to return for even a check up. Now he knows what would happen and just doesn't want it. Even getting blood taken he says makes him scared. He is actually in denial about the cancer and doesn't properly understand. He takes pain killers a lot and that keeps him over. He has dementia and another mental disability from a serios accident long time ago. This all compounds the problem. Furthermore he is just a stubborn traditional Italian old man. I believe he has strong survivor genetics and could actual overcome this. Last time I thought he was gone but his genetics pulled him through as well as when he almost died from the accident that caused him brain damage. I wonder if anyone can relate to this? Thanks for reading and God bless all.
    Yes, I can relate. My response won't be what you want to hear but I still wanted to respond and let you know that I read this, and I'm very sorry. I hope you're doing okay, and hope even more that someone can give you encouragement.
    @The_Cannavore

(Re)Mission Accomplished: Cancer Support and Survivors: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173272371

If you need assistance, please contact a moderator or forum_admin@bodybuilding.com

nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nyknicks500 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hopes and prayers to all of you who have fought or are fighting this horrible disease.

Registered User dallascowboys56's Avatar
    dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dallascowboys56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Any one else have experience piecing their life back together and dealing with any stigma associated with having had cancer?

I'm in remission and it is unlikely to come back but I still get the feeling that I'm still lower value to the people (girls especially) that knew me that I had it.

One girl even broke up with me because of it (didn't expect or want a LTR thru it, but weird part was she only found out after I was in remission, it's as if she instantly saw me as someone to pity, not a sexy guy)...even made a thread about this before.

Can you still be a sexy cool, athletic guy etc. in the eyes of people who knew you had it? I know this might sound frivolous, but let's not admit this isn't important to many of us. I'm proud of the fact I still look pretty good/buff having gone thru this, so I'm wondering if others have experienced this stigma from people/girls even following recovery? I feel that everyone just feels sorry for me and sees me as tainted.

Should I just go NC on everyone and start up in another town? Lulz...

Originally Posted by dallascowboys56 View Post
    Any one else have experience piecing their life back together and dealing with any stigma associated with having had cancer?

I'm in remission and it is unlikely to come back but I still get the feeling that I'm still lower value to the people (girls especially) that knew me that I had it.

One girl even broke up with me because of it (didn't expect or want a LTR thru it, but weird part was she only found out after I was in remission, it's as if she instantly saw me as someone to pity, not a sexy guy)...even made a thread about this before.

Can you still be a sexy cool, athletic guy etc. in the eyes of people who knew you had it? I know this might sound frivolous, but let's not admit this isn't important to many of us. I'm proud of the fact I still look pretty good/buff having gone thru this, so I'm wondering if others have experienced this stigma from people/girls even following recovery? I feel that everyone just feels sorry for me and sees me as tainted.

start over dude. that girl is too immature. had my best relationships in remission. I don't talk about my cancer until after we bang... by then there's an emotional connection. also lots of people lose people to cancer . perhaps she had it in her family recently?

Having a big dick sucks

heart surgery 4-6-17

RR86 is gonna make it.

ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

lol the ****. I use to date, and I told every girl. They all loved that I beat cancer. Its like a badass scar to wear.

Theyre always even more impressed when youre in good shape post cancer.
    RIP mainsqueeze530

y u leave us so early bro?

Originally Posted by ShayZ View Post
    lol the ****. I use to date, and I told every girl. They all loved that I beat cancer. Its like a badass scar to wear.

Theyre always even more impressed when youre in good shape post cancer.
    this its like it broke through all the bull****. I feel women are way more real too

Having a big dick sucks

heart surgery 4-6-17

RR86 is gonna make it.

TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheSteve39 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

That girl is shallow, no other way to look at it. There's no need for you to feel that you're inferior to anyone because of whatever cancer or any other illness you have/had. The fact that you're in remission shows that you're strong enough to go through something horrible every day and make it out in one piece (physically at least).

I was a kid when I had cancer so all relationships I've had have been while in remission. I can't remember at which point I've told a girl about it but probably some time in the beginning and it comes up every once in a while but not too often. After a while it's an afterthought, noteworthy but not worth discussing further.

I think one can still be a physically attractive person and athletic post cancer. Being "cool" is all about personality though, which may have been fractured during cancer; some people need to talk with someone professionally to piece that back together. I was athletic throughout high school and part of college and I got back into lifting about three-four years ago at this point without a problem.

Do you and if anybody else can't accept that, it's their problem, not yours.
    You should see the toast! I couldn't even get it through the door!

O|||||||O

☮INFJ♞6w5(so/sp) IEI-INFp lnvictus's Avatar
    lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lnvictus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yo redraider86, are you in full remission yet?
    Disclaimer: There's a 75% chance the post above is not serious.

Would impregnate/10

The 400lb hacker

BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBTruck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    re: I'm in remission and it is unlikely to come back but I still get the feeling that I'm still lower value to the people (girls especially) that knew me that I had it.

Don't think that. If it bugs you with who knows, know others. They won't give a sh|t if you're a good person and those that do care can get bent. No such thing as a bad person that fights cancer and wins.

redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redraider86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    Yo redraider86, are you in full remission yet?
    I'm in alternative remission.

Originally Posted by BBTruck View Post
    re: I'm in remission and it is unlikely to come back but I still get the feeling that I'm still lower value to the people (girls especially) that knew me that I had it.

Don't think that. If it bugs you with who knows, know others. They won't give a sh|t if you're a good person and those that do care can get bent. No such thing as a bad person that fights cancer and wins.
    100% agree. My buds who are in remission live life and love harder than anyone else. Cancer changes you, for the better.
    Last edited by redraider86; 03-06-2017 at 11:29 AM. Reason: something something
    @The_Cannavore

(Re)Mission Accomplished: Cancer Support and Survivors: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173272371

If you need assistance, please contact a moderator or forum_admin@bodybuilding.com

im having the same problems. everyone i knew before cancer seems to talk to me with pity now or dont even talk to me anymore. so im moving states and going nc on everybody i currently know lol one life bro

ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    im having the same problems. everyone i knew before cancer seems to talk to me with pity now or dont even talk to me anymore. so im moving states and going nc on everybody i currently know lol one life bro
    well dont tell people. Im sure private about my health life. They cant feel pity if they dont know or you dont bring it up.

People only feel pity if you make a deal out of it.
    RIP mainsqueeze530

y u leave us so early bro?

Originally Posted by ShayZ View Post
    well dont tell people. Im sure private about my health life. They cant feel pity if they dont know or you dont bring it up.

People only feel pity if you make a deal out of it.
    Kinda hard for ppl not to realize that ur suddenly gone and bald. but i do agree in not telling anyone about ur health life. Thats the way to go

Kinda hard for ppl not to realize that ur suddenly gone and bald. but i do agree in not telling anyone about ur health life. Thats the way to go
    Pro-Tip: Start with a mohawk, then it's not weird when you shave it all off.
    @The_Cannavore