HooIigan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I ready for a new routine?

Hey everyone !
    After 5-6 years that I didn’t work out I got back 5 months ago stronger than ever.
    Started with 6 day PPL routine I found on Reddit. Worked 6 times a week.
    Last week I did a deload after I felt really sore and tired. Now feeling good again.
    Was thinking maybe it’s time to change my routine?
    I’m 27 years old I started 74KG and now I’m 81KG
    at the beginning results were great and lean but I assume now I stacked little bit more fat and I kinda feel like I’m not moving anywhere and that I looked better 1 month ago lol..
    My main goal here is mainly to have fun. Gym helps me a lot.
    I want to gain muscle mass and than do a cut to look lean .
    Stay natural.
    I don’t care much about how heavy I lift and I really enjoy high volume workouts like splits or PPL.
    Should I move to splits?
    S: chest/biceps
    M:Back/Shoulde
    T: legs/triceps
    W:chest/biceps
    T:Back/Shouldr
    F:legs/triceps
    S:Rest

Something like that or split it in a different way?
    Would love to hear your opinion or get some tips from the pros.
    Thanks

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That sounds like a horrible split esp if it's high volume. But yes, if you've been doing the exact same PPL for 5 months you should make a change.

I'll save my breath about whether hi volume 6 days per week was/is likely optimal for you, but if you're sticking to 6 days & hi volume, personally I'd just stick to a PPL format (with changes) since it's harder to mess up than other setups if you're not good at programming.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    That sounds like a horrible split esp if it's high volume. But yes, if you've been doing the exact same PPL for 5 months you should make a change.

I'll save my breath about whether hi volume 6 days per week was/is likely optimal for you, but if you're sticking to 6 days & hi volume, personally I'd just stick to a PPL format (with changes) since it's harder to mess up than other setups if you're not good at programming.
    Push pull legs. 7 days a week, twice per day baby!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To keep progressing, you have to make your training more difficult over time. The easiest ways to do that is to increase the weights or to increase the training volume. By starting off with a 6-day PPL, you've made it hard to increase training volume.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

HooIigan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post

Well I was given that routine by a body builders in my gym lol
    What changed you mean? Changing exercises/adding more volume?
    You have other splits you can recommend?
    Or just stick with ppl and that’s it? I feel like my chest doesn’t progress as other muscles on ppl idk ehy