MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MMAInfluenced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

The golden measurement.. shoulder to waist ratio

So apparently there is this thing called the adonis index which claims that woman find a 1.618 shoulder to waist ratio.

Im a little confused by it because I have a 1.94 ratio.. which is acctually above and beyond what most men shoot for, meaning my shoulders are much wider than my waist.

Ive only been working out for a year and I dont feel like Im where I need to be. Im 5"8 165 and have lower body fat.. abs just starting to show. Anyway.. i have a very slim waist Im literally at 24 inches at the smallest point and 26 inches at the naval (I have a low naval though damn near at my hips)

Anyway, what am I supposed to do get fat? Is my waist thinner than ideal naturally? Kind of crazy to see how people are struggling to get to a number I far surpassed but at the same time I feel like I can be in much better shape than I am.. I plan on packing on more muscle and cutting more fat.. God knows what my ratio may be then.

What is your ratio? And what do you think of the validity of this ratio and if your above and beyond it (broad shoulders thin waist) what do you think of this? Are we too broad shouldered and thin waisted? Sounds hard to believe.

Scog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm pretty sure that ratio refers to the width of the front of your waist, not the circumference. If you went by circumference that may be why your ratio is off. Not sure if it's a real thing but I remember doing something in a math class measuring the height to width ratio of peoples faces who were considered to be the most attractive in the world and many were pretty close to that ratio, so it's not impossible.

pandinsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Show us your pic please. No funny angles.

Originally Posted by mmainfluenced View Post
    so apparently there is this thing called the adonis index which claims that woman find a 1.618 shoulder to waist ratio.

Im a little confused by it because i have a 1.94 ratio.. Which is acctually above and beyond what most men shoot for, meaning my shoulders are much wider than my waist.

Ive only been working out for a year and i dont feel like im where i need to be. Im 5"8 165 and have lower body fat.. Abs just starting to show. Anyway.. I have a very slim waist im literally at 24 inches at the smallest point and 26 inches at the naval (i have a low naval though damn near at my hips)

anyway, what am i supposed to do get fat? Is my waist thinner than ideal naturally? Kind of crazy to see how people are struggling to get to a number i far surpassed but at the same time i feel like i can be in much better shape than i am.. I plan on packing on more muscle and cutting more fat.. God knows what my ratio may be then.

What is your ratio? And what do you think of the validity of this ratio and if your above and beyond it (broad shoulders thin waist) what do you think of this? Are we too broad shouldered and thin waisted? Sounds hard to believe.