Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    another successful DL sesh yesterday but god im feeling it today! my back aches like hell and so do my traps lol
    still taking it slow so just added reps to last week:

high rack pull (knee level) 90 3x10/8/8
    low rack pull 80 3x9
    sumo DL 60 2x12 - first time I've pulled sumo in about 8 months, man that was hard and felt weird!
    back raises 3x12 SS hipthrusts 50kg 3x10 - uugh I usually do 70kg for twice as many sets but heyho

today - back in the temporary gym
    seated row 27kg 4x10
    db chest press 16 4x10
    inc. chest press 14 4x8 SS single arm row 20 4x10
    leg press 50kg 4x12
    pull-ups 6/ 4.5 (lol)/ 4 and one set of 3 -ves
    superset:
    face pulls 3x10
    tricep rope pulldowns 3x8
    straight arm pulldowns 3x8 - no idea of weights as the lables are gone
    ab stuff

didn't eat enough yesterday + DL's = dying today

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    managing ok in the temp gym. some of the bro's have abandoned ship so its kinda nice in a way!
    felt a little stronger this week which is nice. thought some old knee issues were flaring up and that got me worried, but think its more to do with me whacking it on the metal desk at work lol

went elsewhere to get some benching in today - felt so good! (first time benching in 3 weeks!!)
    40kg 6x6 felt easy as pie
    db bench - tried the 20kg db's and only got 3x3
    dips - 7/5/4
    superset of death: db bench press 10kgdb's SS pushups (face-planted A LOT) 3 sets with 1 min rest

don't think i'll be able to move over the next few days...

forgot to add - got my first overhand grip pull-up this week

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by leeniepie View Post
    Woot!
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome!!!!
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Awesome!!!!
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Woot!
    thanks guys! so chuffed now to get more than one....lol (and get my neutral grips over 5)

didn't realise it'd been so long!
    so, temp gym has gone and new shiny gym is in its place. its good and bad, good= 2 squat racks, Olympic style plates, hex bar, more room for free weights, captains chair, back raise bench. bad= one less cable station, no lat pulldown, no seated cable row, not the greatest use of space with the cardio stuff. Also for some reason people think that because its new there's no reason to put their plates or dumbbells away..grrrr....

so my training has been hit and miss. hip pain has flared up a lot, had an xray and some bloods and am waiting on results. have decided to scale back the lifting as much as I don't want to. also looking at a powerlifting coach, even though its quite far to travel. wished I lived in London as there are tonnes of gyms and trainers there!!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Waaay behind here, but nice job!
    didn't realise it'd been so long!
    so, temp gym has gone and new shiny gym is in its place. its good and bad, good= 2 squat racks, Olympic style plates, hex bar, more room for free weights, captains chair, back raise bench. bad= one less cable station, no lat pulldown, no seated cable row, not the greatest use of space with the cardio stuff. Also for some reason people think that because its new there's no reason to put their plates or dumbbells away..grrrr....

so my training has been hit and miss. hip pain has flared up a lot, had an xray and some bloods and am waiting on results. have decided to scale back the lifting as much as I don't want to. also looking at a powerlifting coach, even though its quite far to travel. wished I lived in London as there are tonnes of gyms and trainers there!!
    Yay for shiny new gym, big boo for hip issues. I hope the tests can provide some answers.

Have you considered an online coach? A few of the ladies here use the same coach, I assume you'd have to be comfortable sharing videos, but they seem to all be doing well even without the personal interactions. Partyrocking is also considering coaching.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Waaay behind here, but nice job!

Yay for shiny new gym, big boo for hip issues. I hope the tests can provide some answers.

Have you considered an online coach? A few of the ladies here use the same coach, I assume you'd have to be comfortable sharing videos, but they seem to all be doing well even without the personal interactions. Partyrocking is also considering coaching.
    thanks
    I have thought about it but I feel at the moment I need someone physically there to adjust my form rather than just telling me to do x/y/z.

things were going ok back wise but then bent down to the DL bar yesterday and got a shooting pain all the way up my back so that scuppered yesterdays session
    on the plus side have re-started 5/3/1 for my bench and done ok the last 3 sessions.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ahh so hit and miss. Nice work and hope that 5/3/1 goes well for you. Weird on the no lat pull down for sure but definitely a bonus having those plates. I prefer the gym that has the olympic plates even though they still lack 2.5's... Hope the hip cooperates for you more.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

i'm coming to terms with no squats, decided to lay off deads for this week since they really hurt my back last week so lower body workouts are odd. managed leg presses (60kg 4x8 today) some RDL's (50 3-4x10) and KB squats to a box, SLDL 16's 3x8, all without pain thankfully.

on the plus side bench is going well, hit 45 5x3 last heavy session, 47.5 for 1x3 and 4x2 this week, which is a major improvement as I've only done singles before. Volume wise I hit 35 5x12 last week and 37.5 5x10 this week - again big improvement as I hadn't even hit 37.5 for 5x8 before.
    still getting some elbow pain so did pushpresses 30 3x5 and only 2x8 on incline chest press (wanted 4x8 but stopped due to pain - boo), chest flyes are fine (yay! I love them).
    still been avoiding abs (only half due to my back lol, I still hate training abs)

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks
    I have thought about it but I feel at the moment I need someone physically there to adjust my form rather than just telling me to do x/y/z.
    I get what you mean, but x/y/z is better than nothing. Look at Fallen, Ananda, and Penny. They all do powerlifting with a coach online, and they make awesome progress, and get great feedback. At the very least, it's helped me to sen videos to PR to get advice. I learned I wasn't bracing my upper body on squats, and even now that I've switched to low bar, I'm still tighter through my whole body now because of it.

I guess what I'm saying is, a little free advice can't hurt, when it's hard to get one on one.

Way to work around the issues, and find stuff you can do. Have you tried lunges, or Bulgarian split squats? It'd be less weight on your back since you're working one side at a time, though I don't know about it with the hip issue.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    I get what you mean, but x/y/z is better than nothing. Look at Fallen, Ananda, and Penny. They all do powerlifting with a coach online, and they make awesome progress, and get great feedback. At the very least, it's helped me to sen videos to PR to get advice. I learned I wasn't bracing my upper body on squats, and even now that I've switched to low bar, I'm still tighter through my whole body now because of it.

I guess what I'm saying is, a little free advice can't hurt, when it's hard to get one on one.

Way to work around the issues, and find stuff you can do. Have you tried lunges, or Bulgarian split squats? It'd be less weight on your back since you're working one side at a time, though I don't know about it with the hip issue.
    oh im not dissing online coaching. its something i'll look into and will probably go with in the long term.
    unfortunately any lunge movement is a no-go as I have a long term knee issue and it really aggravates it (yup, totally falling apart, god knows what i'll be like by the time i'm 50 lol)

did 15 mins cardio on the cross trainer, then a yoga class, then tried to do my back workout yesterday - almost died! yoga doesn't feel that hard till afterwards when you try to do something else lol. you normally cant get into the Sunday class but since its a bank holiday weekend here in the uk lots of people are away. i'd like to go again though (this time I will eat more before hand too - porridge obviously doesnt cut it for me).

lots of little niggles this week, which I've discovered is my body telling me I need a de-load. I haven't had any time off since march (enforced few days off due to illness), but didn't really think i'd need it that much since I haven't been training heavy. my body says otherwise! got a week off now though and heading to the coast for a few days with my mum and 2/3 dogs. going to do pretty much nothing except walking the woofs and reading books

Tuesday workout:
    bench for volume 37.5 kg 12/12/10/9/10 - was a little harder than I anticipated seeing as the last few bench sessions have been surprisingly easy (well easier than expected), maybe its all catching up with me?
    incline chest press 14kgdb 4x8
    cable flyes 6.25 3x15 1x12
    db shoulder press 12kgdb 10/10/7
    front/lat raises 5's 3x7
    teicep cable pull downs (single arm) 3.25 3x12
    leg press 60kg 4x10
    kb box squats 4x12

still getting elbow niggles. think I might be flaring on bench?

Thursday workout:
    superset
    pullups -overhand2x3 then got a pain in my pec so switched to neutral and did 2x4
    single arm lat pull 16kg 4x8
    facepulls 16 kg 4x12
    cable rear flye? (dunno what you call it) 3x12 1x15

row machine 42.5kg 4x8
    single arm rows 20kg 3x10 SS bi curls 10kg 3x8
    kb squat to box 4x12 SS step ups 4x12 SS SLDL 16kgdbs 4x8
    back raises 3x15 then tried a couple with the 10kg plate that had been left there - they were ok! didn't think id actually be able to lift myself up - now we have olympic style plates I keep forgetting that just because they're the same size doesn't mean they weigh the same! lol

cant believe I pulled my pec doing pullups! sometimes I don't know how I do such stupid stuff *insert rolling eyes smiley here*
    this meant that my plan for bench max testing and pullup AMRAPs for this weekend had to be scrapped. I really REALLY wanted to do it but the last thing I need is another injury sidelining me for the rest of the year.

Saturday:
    trap bar DL 55x2x8/65x2x8/75x3x5 first DL in 2 weeks. felt like hell. some tightness in my back but not too bad. ironically last set felt the best. I think it just takes ages for me to get in the groove. trap bar is certainly making me use my legs more, which I NEED.

RDL 55 3x12
    squats to a box - first time i've had a bar on my back since December. first two sets ok, third set=pain in back. maybe squats WERE the cultprit for my back injury and not DL? as kb squats haven't been hurting at all?

front squats - bar only 3x10 - first time ive ever front squatted. how the hell do you make the bar stay on your shoulders??lol used a crossed arm grip as clean grip was in no way happening.

ab/adductor machine 35 3x8/49 3x15

also saw the physio this week for the results of my movement screening. not surprised that my calf/ankle flexibility falls below the 'poor' category and my righthand side of my body is weak af casing my knee to cave in and hips to go all wonky. apparently hammies and hip flexors aren't as inflexible as I thought (fall into 'good' and 'very good') and core is ok. still cant seem to give me any better advice than 'stretch your calves' though, and I do that every day anyway.