Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Creating bodily entropy. Gen1GT's Avatar
    Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Compy, great to see you back! You were an animal back when you started your first log, so I have no doubt you can do it again.

Congrats on your wife and upcoming child! And Happy New Year!

Some random thoughts; there's nothing wrong with a 1000 calorie meal. With intermittent fasting, it's one of the benefits ... those big, satiating meals. Also, there's nothing wrong with eating high fat, as long as you're within your daily caloric limit. Trans fats excluded, there's nothing wrong with a high fat diet. My obesity clinic is currently doing a study on low-carb, high-fat diets, and they posit it will actually improve triglycerides and cholesterol in patients.

Anyway, I'm subscribed. I'm excited to see how you do!
    286 lbs - March 11, 2019 (started Keto)
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Compy386 View Post
    12/3

Food: 2400 cal, 212g P, 167g C, 97g F

Training:
    Deadlift
    2x8 135, 3x6 225, 2x3 275, 1x3 295
    Hammer Strength Row
    Lots of sets 3 plates and 3+ a quarter
    Last pull downs 5x10, 140

Energy level was really low today. Did 2:00 of cardio before I gave up, went home and took a nap. Not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow.
    Good job man. Never mind the cardio - as long as you got a good compund movement in there, and exhausted the lats, you are solid, and won't lose gains . And with the 2400 calories you struck a good balance.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)
    Goal: 240 lbs (109 kg) (which should be around 20-22 % bodyfat)

Weight:
    04.01.2016: 350 lbs (159 kg) - Highest weight ever
    11.14.2016: 323 lbs (147 kg) - Start of weight loss log here on BB
    06.13.2017: 239.9 lbs (108,8 kg) - Goal reached
    01.01.2019: 297.6 lbs (135 kg) - Life happened - on it again
    06.08.2019: 239,4 lbs (108,6 kg) - Goal reached once more

Fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172898461

kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    YO!

Welcome back! Looking forward to chatting with you and seeing great progress!

Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1/4

3134 cal 282g P, 208g C, 128g F

I had some little extras today - an extra egg at breakfast, and some salad with dressing that was extra for lunch. I was sad at the end of the day to not have more calories left over, so tomorrow I will be cutting back earlier in the day.

Training went well. I killed chest again, went up to 245 on bench for sets of three. It felt good to get some heavy weight on there and to see progress from last week (I was doing 225 for 3). My chest feels really sore 18 hrs later.

Again, though. I did zero cardio. That's 2 days in a row. Not sure how/if/when I'm going to fix that. I will try to do some tomorrow. Maybe jump rope....but it is just so dang cold, lol.

@kureransu
    Glad to see you're still around, man. You are so freaking inspirational. Why hasn't BB.com made a video about you yet?

@Gen1GT
    Glad you're in, man! You have inspired me to keep going.
    Started 2013: 450 lbs
    Success 2014: 270 lbs
    Failure 2015-2016: 375 lbs
    Old Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163377891

Starting again.

vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000) vadsie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi compy! Just letting you know I'll be following along and you have my support bro!
    Current weight 343

Goal for May 19 340

Eat a cinnamon roll

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey NormalMan!

I've seen your pics and updaes now and again. I miss you too lol. Are any of the old crew still around?

I quit doing the blog. It's gone. I think that's part of the reason in"gave up." I was hoping maybe to get famous or something and hopefully make a career out of weight loss motivation, but it didn't work out. Then I started gaining weight and then it was just dumb.

I finally got my teaching cert and am teaching high school in the Dallas area. I also got married to an awesome, beautiful girl who didn't even notice my weight gain lol. Now she's pregnant and I am determined that this baby will not have a fat dad and that getting internet famous is not a good goal to have..for me anyway.

My job is great my wife is great and we live in a great apartment. I even managed to find Jesus again . So, outside of fitness my life is a complete turnaround. Another reason I put on the weight...last time if you recall I was living with my paretnts at 31 after getting laid off. It made me generally pissed off at life and I channeled that into weight loss. Not being so pissed off anymore made it more difficult for me.

I got over my shame and realized that another missing component was posting on here. Knowing I will have to report in gives me the extra motivation to stay the course. It's not a mistake I'll make again.

I spent the better part of an hour reading through my old thread. I got all nostalgic and almost couldn't believe how far I got in such a short time. I also missed all you fellas. I'm sure most have moved on.

I look at the pix of old skinny me and I can hardly believe it. My little experiment thus far has taught me that my TDEE is over 3000, which is a great comfort. I was going to try to eat at 3000, but after reading my old thread I sort of inspired myself.

So I'm going to get a bit more aggressive with the deficits, but no way in hell will I do 3 hrs of cardio again....there's no time. I'll do 30 min 5x a week peppered with a few jump rope sessions maybe 3x a week for HIIT. I'm getting better at it and it's fun !

Thanks for stopping in man. Your progress is amazing. Look at you all swole and shtuff.
    Glad to hear you got the rest of your life on track man, I really am. Having less than ideal life conditions certainly doesn't do anything to improve fitness goals or make you more motivated to stay consistent.

I'm sorry to hear that your blog didn't pan out the way you wanted. I used to drop in there from time to time and read some of your posts. You had some good stuff on there.

BTW, if you're looking for a little added motivation, the registration for bb.com's 250k Annual transformation is still open for registration through this weekend.

I signed myself up again for it since I need some added drive and motivation for myself currently.

For guys like us, this is a battle we will have to be ever diligent about and it's so easy to slip off or fall into old habits or use any excuse to justify the current binge.

I have trouble admitting I'm addicted to food, but at the same time, I understand that just because it's a struggle, doesn't mean I have to let it define me.

It's the toughest battle we will fight in our lives to keep both our health and mental sanity in check, but I'm tired of being a slave to it.

I say this bluntly because I know you understand these struggles and dilemmas that many people, even other overweight people, might not really understand or feel through every fiber in their body the way we do.

I really let myself slip last year too and put on a good deal of weight after a wedding I went too last fall.

I've kept up regularly with my training so I'm still really muscular and strong despite having put back on 30+ pounds of fat on top of it.

You'll be back to your old self before you know it man, just keep fighting no matter what, that's what I live by.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sub'd.

Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    You'll be back to your old self before you know it man, just keep fighting no matter what, that's what I live by.
    Thanks man! You always knew how to motivate a brotha'. About the Transformation thing tho, I think you were around when I "tried" to do it last year. I have pix on my bodyspace holding the hashtag thing. Back then I was only like 330! I was thinking...I could do what I did before, drop like 40 lbs in 3 months and maybe win this!

Didn't happen.

I think I'm going to avoid it this year. One, because I don't think people would pick someone still technically obese to win, even if they did change a lot, and two, because I want to do this for no other reason but myself. I want to prove to myself I can do it for me.

Maybe next year, when I get that bug (like you warned me about before) to go from skinny to super lean...by Jan 1, 2018 maybe I'll be around 280-300 and then I can cut down even further.

Originally Posted by MTubz View Post
    Sub'd.
    Thanks man! I'm following yours too!

1/5
    2500 cal, 221g P, 211g C, 86g F

Did not make it to the gym this morning. Slept late

For the first night this week I'm not super hungry and wanting to eat before bed. It's nice! Also, I love Uncle Ben's ready rice. 2 cups of rice ready in 90 sec. Very convenient for taking to work, and there are different flavors to try! I like brown and wild so far. Had Teryaki today. Was meh. I'll let everyone know next time a thought comes into my head!

Starting again.

Log for Friday and Saturday 1/7 and 1/8

Friday:
    I worked out in the morning. I did shoulders.
    Standing OHP, heavy shrugs, lat raises. Also did my 30 minutes on the elliptical. It was very easy...like to the point it felt worthless. I didn't even sweat. Monday I will raise the difficulty up or something. I've been doing it on 10, but I think it goes up to 20.

Anyway, food was good until I got off work and got home. Drank a big bottle of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale and ate some cookies.

I'm not stressing.

1/8
    Did not track. I ate a whOle lot of eggs and oatmeal because that's all we had. We had planned on going to the store but it's 20 degrees out. That is not ok. I'm a subtropical creature and 20 degrees is not a temperature people should go outside in.

That being said I sat on my butt and played video games all day and ate eggs. Oh I also drank a bottle of mead.

Tomorrow is suposed to get warmer then the high Monday is 60. 60 us still cold but acceptable.

Not sure if I will train tomorrow. I will track though and we will have to go grocery shopping which means I'll probably be prepping meals.

Starting again.

Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigbill115 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Compy,When I first became active in forum, I read quiet a few of your old post and checked out all the videos on your blog. You gave me motivation even though you weren't posting much. I am also so tired of going up and down with my weight for the last 8 years are so. I will be tagging along and wishing you the best!
    NEXT WEIGH IN Aug 19th "76Lbs lighter"

PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Log for Friday and Saturday 1/7 and 1/8

Friday:
    I worked out in the morning. I did shoulders.
    Standing OHP, heavy shrugs, lat raises. Also did my 30 minutes on the elliptical. It was very easy...like to the point it felt worthless. I didn't even sweat. Monday I will raise the difficulty up or something. I've been doing it on 10, but I think it goes up to 20.

Anyway, food was good until I got off work and got home. Drank a big bottle of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale and ate some cookies.

I'm not stressing.

1/8
    Did not track. I ate a whOle lot of eggs and oatmeal because that's all we had. We had planned on going to the store but it's 20 degrees out. That is not ok. I'm a subtropical creature and 20 degrees is not a temperature people should go outside in.

That being said I sat on my butt and played video games all day and ate eggs. Oh I also drank a bottle of mead.

Tomorrow is suposed to get warmer then the high Monday is 60. 60 us still cold but acceptable.

Not sure if I will train tomorrow. I will track though and we will have to go grocery shopping which means I'll probably be prepping meals.
    Man - sounds like going back to work has dampened your determination a little. It's would be so cool if weight loss could be the only job (it sure is as hard as a full time job). I know that you had plans for it to be (by perhaps becoming online famous, and teaching others how to do it), and this reality is a bit different, so that is a bit af a transition.
    I know i'm on thin ice when i say the following, which is meant to be supportive, but might be taken as a put down, and if i'm overstepping, let me know:
    Not having healthy food in the house, eating/drinking really calory dense foods with little nutritional value, not tracking, and coming up with justifications, is why we got to where we are in the first place (other than the deeper psychological issues). I truely admire your honesty when reporting what you have been doing (easy to paint a perfect picture online), and if you feel like you are on top of the situation, i'm sorry for commenting on it, and maybe i have misunderstood, and you have just taken a "planned break".

You don't have to justify yourself to me at all, but if i was loosing momentum in my weight loss efforts, i would hope that my weight loss buddy would take an interest. Since you don't live near me, i can't come by and tkae you shopping and go to the gym, so reaching out here is my only option.

I used to smoke, and i will always have that addiction, even if i don't smoke cigarettes on a regular basis anymore. If i get really stressed, i will fail, and light one up, but i KNOW it's bad for me. Will a couple of cigarettes kill me? - No i will not, but if i try to offset the damage a cigarette does by doing more cardio than before i quit smoking, so i can plan to have a cigarette, i'm rewarding myself with the thing that had me hooked for years.
    If i smoke a cigarette, i shouldn't hate myself, but i should also know there really isn't any justification. Or maybe there is. If a cigarette can prevent me from having a nevous breakdown or stop me from doing something overly aggressive (and i don't mean in a violent way - i'm not prone to physical violence) in a situation where someone has wronged me, maybe it's the better choice. But it's just not a good solution - it's the least sh** of two sh**s. Eliminating sh** all together forever should be the overall goal.

That's also how i see my weight loss. Eating pizza, cake ect. is not the end of the world, and it sure feels good, but it's still sh**.

That being said - everything can be done in moderation - food, alcohol - even cigarettes and i guess drugs, and can surely be a special event, but me sitting alone i front of the TV smoking and/or eating ice cream isn't that.

Stay strong brother.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Compy, get your act together. Sitting around all day playing video games and drinking booze is what we USED TO do. You're better than that. Once your kid comes, you will be struggling for time just to get to the gym, let alone find time for video games. You need to rock it 100% while you have the time....
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

1/10
    Ate 3000 calories (ate all the same portions)

Did chest at the gym.

1/11
    3300 cal, 194g P, 365g C, 141g F

Did not lift but did 30 min of cardio.

@Pete you're totally right and I am not offended at all. Determination wanes with the daily grind. I am tracking again and still hitting the gym.

@Gen1GT Thanks for a timely kick in the ass. Last week was not as.successful as the week before but I am not giving up. Not by a long shot.

Thanks for the concern fellas. That's exactly why I came back. I did get a little lax over the weekend and my goal is to do better this weekend.

I feel and look slightly better and that is always dangerous. I start feeling like my old bad ass self.again and then get surprised when I see the fatass in the mirror.

I will be weighing/measuring/taking pix on the 15th (two days) and I am going to hit it hard the next couple days to finish this 2 week period strong.

Starting again.

MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTubz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did get a little lax over the weekend and my goal is to do better this weekend.
    Weekends are the worst. Something about having the free time to do what ever just makes it harder. The work day routine makes my life easier. Can definitely relate to that.

Might I recommend an i-CRAF style nutrition plan? It makes the weekends fun again. Low carb, low cal weekdays, and high cal, high carb weekends.
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

Dude - how's the progress? Still going strong?
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000) wilsonthecat is just really nice. (+1000)
    cmon Compy lets get this

BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Compy where you at bro? i just found you were getting rolling again, and i used to BS with you all the time. I screwed up bigtime too, get back in here, update us man, im bringing my stuff back to life too, health scare last year got me rolling, i am 73 total lbs down and instantly came looking for you and a few others for inspiration back earlier this year.
    Former-Former-Former 400 crew!! (meaning i was under, then went over, and im now back under!!!!!)
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results"

Come on Compy, you got this! We've been doing this for three years, but we're trying to reverse a lifetime of poor habits, addictions and genetics. If you're not back at it, step up your "why." If your WHY isn't big enough, you can't win!
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019