fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Rogue Monster Lite Flying Pull Up Bar Review

Since I'm in the reviewing mood, felt like it'd be good to get a review of the flying pull up bar in since there are none on the Rogue site. I bought this pretty much when it first came out and it's been one of my favorite additions to the rack. Rogue had some issues with the early versions but they've since corrected them. This was kind of annoying, but I also had to order black zinc hardware separately since I wanted the hardware to match (I have a blacked out version of the RML-690). Anyone with a colored rack with black hardware will have to do the same, unless you don't care about having mismatched bolts.

Workouts
    Working the pull up ladder is really different from doing regular pull ups. Depending on how much you use your legs and momentum, you need to pull with much greater explosiveness in order to jump to the next rung on the ladder. I've never used a salmon ladder like on ninja warrior but I imagine it's similar. Also, I don't know how it changes you physiologically, but I do get sore with a lot fewer reps than regular pull ups. Just a few times up and down the ladder is enough for me currently. It adds a certain "fun" factor and you feel like you're being more athletic.

One thing I noticed at the beginning was how much it hurts your hands, particularly on the descent and I'm pretty light. My hands were just not used to slamming into the bar. My hands have since adjusted and hurt far less now when doing multiple climbs up and down the ladder.

You can also climb the ladder monkey bar style, which is surprisingly difficult.

Measurements
    Height-wise, I thought my garage ceilings would be able to easily fit this, but it was way closer than I thought it would be. I have probably 1-1.5" of clearance up top. I measured from the very top of the flying pull up bar arm to the floor and its almost exactly 10'. I had to install it on the lowest hole on the side of my upright in order for it to fit. Pull up bars can be installed anywhere along the arms.

Value
    I feel like this is a relatively "cheap" add-on for what you get. Regular 43" pull up bars are $85 separately from Rogue and you're getting 4 of them plus the brackets and arms for only $300.

One of the side benefits is that you can hang rings and other accessories off the setup at different heights and away from the uprights. I have my rings attached to the highest bar and my econo tri and lat pulley attached to the 2nd bar. I could probably also attach a climbing rope to the highest bar and work from a seated position, but it's not quite high enough for a full climbing workout.

Rings. Note: I am 5' 10.5" and the added height was still not high enough for me to do a muscle up from a dead hang. Either my feet touch the floor or my head will bash into the top pull up bar.

Conclusion
    I highly recommend adding this to your rig if you have the ceiling height for it. It adds a nice twist to your regular pull up regimen and gives you a lot of options for hanging accessories.

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice addition...AWESOMELY HIGH CEILINGS!!!!! How do you like that rml690? stable? How much side-to-side movement is there with weights on storage pegs? Have it bolted to floor or bottom crossmember?

fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatal11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SomeIronBoy View Post
    Nice addition...AWESOMELY HIGH CEILINGS!!!!! How do you like that rml690? stable? How much side-to-side movement is there with weights on storage pegs? Have it bolted to floor or bottom crossmember?
    Yea I'm spoiled by the ceilings in my current place. If I ever have <10' ceilings I'll have to get rid of the flying pull up bar.

RML690 is not bolted in and pretty stable side to side. You can definitely shake it if you try even though I have multiple connections up too (flying pull up, multigrip, 43" beam) and had over 1500lb in plates on it at one point. There is a very slight bit of bowing in on the legs but nothing I'm concerned about.

I've since sold most of my OMs and am waiting on my OMEZH so using my bumpers until they come in. Even without the weight on the posts the rack is solid for flying pull ups.

Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000) Sboarder1964 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've recently added the Monster Lite Flying Pull-up Bar to my rack using this thread as a guide. The only thing I found is that it extends higher then what you and Rogue both advertise. Rogue's website says "top of rack + 32.25 inches" which is 10' 2". This seems to be in line with what you get (10') considering you mounted yours one bolt hole (2" spacing) lower. I mount mine to the top, so should get that 10' 2" number, but it's actually a full 10' 5". It's worthy to note that I'm using flat foot rack, so perhaps you need to add the 2" high feet to the total. So note if you're using a flat foot rack it will be higher!
    York History - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dbRIGo0tZlrume27s3jusN2gtuEfLgQXOt1UPTZUfnI/edit