CosmoCanyon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pec inflammation won't go away! 4 months! HELP.

Hello!

I've been struggling with a pec injury for the past 4 months and it doesn't seem to heal.

(Pre-injury: For a while I had been having some crazy post-workout soreness in my pecs that could last for up to two weeks. Obviously I went lighter and rested more, but it took a while to regain good range of motion. So I was in the middle of trying to slowly fix this, working my way back up, which was going well. Still not that good ROM, but it was getting there. )

THEN I joined some friends for a back workout (I figured it was ok as long as it wasn't chest) and they had pullovers, or rather a pullover machine as part of their workout. Which I did (STUPID, yes), and it felt fine there and then. A bit tight, but otherwise fine. No pain! The next day the post-workout soreness was getting worse and worse and in the end my pecs swelled up like crazy! They became super tight to the point where my trapezius' were screaming in agony trying to counter it. I started to believe I had torn something, so I went to the ER and got an ultrasound which did show some scarring, but the tendon looked fine and there was no crazy tear (one hyperechoic area) but it didnt look too bad, so maybe a small tear or strain. I was told to rest for 6-8 weeks and go easy on the weights. I stayed clear of NSAIDS because I figured they would only get in the way of healing.

3 months later I was still swollen as hell! A recent MRI showed to sign of muscle tear. Range of motion had improved a bit, but hurts when I get close to the end of my ROM. Like a tearing sensation in my pecs, not like it ruptures but just sore. Kind of like post workout soreness, only worse. I did 10 days of some strong NSAIDS which helped a LOT! My boobs were suddenly flat again! Wonderful! Still a bit sore towards the end of ROM though.
    When I stopped taking the NSAIDS, it slowly came back. Though it might feel slightly less swollen. It gets aggravated when I go near my ROM (for example trying to put on a jacket) or when I drive my car, go shopping or pretty much everyday activities that involves even light pec activity.

I am about to lose my job over this and I'm not sure how much longer my GF will stick around with me being crippled like this. Please, has anyone had similar experiences or know what I can try? ANY advice would be greatly appreciated and I would be forever grateful. I am desperate

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    go and see an orthopedic surgeon for a proper diagnosis. ER departments are OK but they usually don't have the orthopedic talent that an orthopedic urgent care facility has.
    Last edited by sowilson; 12-16-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    go and see an orthopedic surgeon for a proper diagnosis. ER departments are OK buy they usually don't have the orthopedic talent that an orthopedic urgent care facility has.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! Ironically I have seen a few Orthpeds the past few months while thinking it was a muscle strain. None of them found any signs of that, except some scar tissue from an old injury or something. When I told them I felt like my pecs were swollen, they looked at me and said "Looks fine to me". I was starting to believe I was imagining it, up until recently when NSAIDS helped a lot! But I will still see an expert next week. I just hoped someone here had experienced something like this. Injury inflammation that wont go away....so frustrating

Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Akbaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CosmoCanyon View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! Ironically I have seen a few Orthpeds the past few months while thinking it was a muscle strain. None of them found any signs of that, except some scar tissue from an old injury or something. When I told them I felt like my pecs were swollen, they looked at me and said "Looks fine to me". I was starting to believe I was imagining it, up until recently when NSAIDS helped a lot! But I will still see an expert next week. I just hoped someone here had experienced something like this. Injury inflammation that wont go away....so frustrating
    I have a very similar issue to yours, and I have had it for longer than a year (without knowing I was injured initially)
    The first signs were very slow bench press progress (135 lbs for 5 a year in, 160 lbs for 5 1.5 years in, with good diet and good strength program based on 3*5 and variations)
    it started to get a bit sorer on my right side when I reached over 135 lbs for reps
    then I started to get a little weaker on my right side (bar would tilt a bit on the last rep).
    That's when I chose to rest it for a month. Didn't help. Soreness on right side, in the tendon which runs at the front of the armpit, lasts twice as long as on my left side.

I started to go to a doc who couldn't tell the difference between a tendinitis and a tendinosis, and told me to rest it 3 weeks (even if I told him I already did it), did it again, didn't work.
    Then I had Xrays taken and ultrasound, the results were: no tear, but slightly enlarged right pec major tendon (1.75x size of left side), sign of an inflammation, but no rupture whatsoever.
    Was told to let it rest for a few months, did and still didn't work.
    I went to a physiotherapist who made me do ultrasound therapy, electrotherapy, and light rehab, still no results. At all.
    Had mri taken: same conclusions, no tear but a slight inflammation .

Tl;dr tried everything, it seems like it will never, ever heal for me. It is probably tendinosis, but in my country doctors don't know what it is. They are a bunch of dumb ****s.
    Don't want to scare you, but good ****ing luck with it, it is a terrible disease, and doctors will tell you it is nothing, and that you should stop bitching about it
    (I also thought at some point I was imagining it, and had some doctor tell me that I was injured because I kept thinking about it, and that basically, if I stopped, it would magically "heal itself", yeah of course)
    (Then she told me I should wait 6 months)
    (Then she told me it could lasts years)

basically, they don't want to put any effort into looking what this disease is. If you have any positive updates, by all mean, post it, I'd be grateful

During these months of doing research I have come to learn that pec tendinopathies are fairly common. It sounds like what you are experiencing. My pains are more in the muscle itself. I have no tendon pain out to where it attaches to the arm. I've been told slow repetitions with focus on the eccentric part of the excersise is the way to go about this. It will stretch it out and stimulate collagen to repair the tendon. But I am sure you've read all about this already. Thank you for replying I will keep this thread updated!

Has anyone else experienced non-resolving muscle inflammation?

SculptedFit1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    CBD in bodybuilding is used mostly as a recovery agent.

IT has pretty powerful anti inflammatory affects that have been documented .

IT would be used pre or post workout if there were any signs of inflammation. It has been shown in some studies to be several hundred times more potent then NASAIDS such as aspirin.

You need to make sure you have a supplement that is just CBD , this means it is a legal supplement , and also that your workout will not be affected

I used , Oil of Sunshine , for this purpose. It was shipped to me and I supplemented 1 to 2 times a day.

Thank you! I will definitely look into that! My inflammation is still bad, now almost 5 months later, so I havent worked out in ages. So no need to worry about it interfering with my workouts.

After some more research I have come to realise I had RHABDOMYOLYSIS in the days after my workout. The swelling and inflammation started 1 day after my workout. I felt fine up until then. I also had brown urine and crazy soreness and stiffness. If anyone has had similar experiences that takes forever to heal, please get in touch!

Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi, this sounds biochemical and not necessarily musculoskeletal.

If the body's pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory responses are imbalanced (greatly imbalanced), this can happen. I've had one client with this exact problem in my clinic. Google "Mark Hyman inflammation" (I can't posts links, need 50 posts), and resolve your pro-inflammatory state. The pec will heal on its own when your body is no in a excessive pro-inflammatory state
    Kjetil Larsen
    CPT, CES, NKT
    Owner of Trainingandrehabilitation.com

� Did I answer your injury question? Please supply the following info: 1) EXACT spot of pain(s)? (put a mark on a picture); 2) what type of pain is it? (burning, radiative, lightning, aching, jamming up, etc); 3) EXACTLY what movement(s) provocate the same pain? Specifics matter!

� Read my articles - https://treningogrehab.no/category/articles-in-english/

AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is it slimier to lower back pain, you know sometimes if you sleep the wrong way or twist and you wake up feeling like you cant even bend over (its some type of muscle tear). Are you feeling a searing pain like a knife, or that lower pack kind of pain? What i am getting at is oddly with lower back pain they recommend NOT to bed rest (like a normal tear), but do light walking and light exercise. The pain goes away in 3 weeks or so on its own. Perhaps if you have the lower back kind of pain, you can do light (very light) exercises to warm up the pecs, like the back. Walking, stretching, body weight push ups things like that? Over time it may go away on its own, like lower back pain..just a theory...

Originally Posted by Kjetil1234 View Post
    Hi, this sounds biochemical and not necessarily musculoskeletal.

If the body's pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory responses are imbalanced (greatly imbalanced), this can happen. I've had one client with this exact problem in my clinic. Google "Mark Hyman inflammation" (I can't posts links, need 50 posts), and resolve your pro-inflammatory state. The pec will heal on its own when your body is no in a excessive pro-inflammatory state
    Takk for svar her ogs, Kjetil!

Originally Posted by AndroMuscle View Post
    Is it slimier to lower back pain, you know sometimes if you sleep the wrong way or twist and you wake up feeling like you cant even bend over (its some type of muscle tear). Are you feeling a searing pain like a knife, or that lower pack kind of pain? What i am getting at is oddly with lower back pain they recommend NOT to bed rest (like a normal tear), but do light walking and light exercise. The pain goes away in 3 weeks or so on its own. Perhaps if you have the lower back kind of pain, you can do light (very light) exercises to warm up the pecs, like the back. Walking, stretching, body weight push ups things like that? Over time it may go away on its own, like lower back pain..just a theory...
    Thanks for the input, but no, it doesnt sound anything like that, I'm afraid And it doesnt seem to go away on it's own either

andrewjo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Chronic Pec Pain for 7 months

Has anyone on this thread been able to heal their chest? If so how?

Hurt my left pec bench pressing 7 months ago. Burning sensation in pec tendon won’t go away. I have had multiple sessions of PT but nothing seems to help. Looking into PRP.

Thank you for posting and look forward to hearing from you.