xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help drinking Creatine HCL, WOW

So I decided to switch from monohydrate to creatine HCL after reading about some of the benefits (better bioavailability, less bloating, etc).

So far good, but the taste is just almost too much for me. Currently using Bulk Supplements HCL, great reviews and price/quantity. But I'm guessing this is just what all HCL tastes like - literally super sour and SALTY at the same time.

I literally can't mix it with anything - completely destroys all protein shakes, tried with orange or apple juice and it makes them disgusting, and with plain water and sugar it's bearable.

Also, couldn't find anything on it here, but is the dosage the same whether it's mono or HCL? I've been taking 5g 3x a day (morning, pre-workout, post-workout). This is what makes the HCL so unbearable though.. the bag's dosage is only 750mg-1500mg, so I take over double this amount to get near 5g. And the acid/salty flavor literally feels like it's melting my teeth, LOL.

Any experience and thoughts?

MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you used a pre-workout, try mixing it with that.
    KAGED MUSCLE Lead Company Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/kaged-muscle.html

"But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in time of trouble." Psalm 37:39

30/26 • I <3

Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would suggest going back to monohydrate as well as stopping in on AE's supplement science thread. Also, stop taking so damn much! You don't need 15g a day.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1473025711
    AE APE results thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144074851&p=867099761&viewfull=1#post867099761

🎁☃️🎄🎅25 Days Till Christmas Massive Giveaway!🎅🎄☃️🎁
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175093131

vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xwhitesky View Post
    So I decided to switch from monohydrate to creatine HCL after reading about some of the benefits (better bioavailability, less bloating, etc).

So far good, but the taste is just almost too much for me. Currently using Bulk Supplements HCL, great reviews and price/quantity. But I'm guessing this is just what all HCL tastes like - literally super sour and SALTY at the same time.

I literally can't mix it with anything - completely destroys all protein shakes, tried with orange or apple juice and it makes them disgusting, and with plain water and sugar it's bearable.

Also, couldn't find anything on it here, but is the dosage the same whether it's mono or HCL? I've been taking 5g 3x a day (morning, pre-workout, post-workout). This is what makes the HCL so unbearable though.. the bag's dosage is only 750mg-1500mg, so I take over double this amount to get near 5g. And the acid/salty flavor literally feels like it's melting my teeth, LOL.

Ive had the same thing with unflavored HCL, I have used a few different brands and always get that taste, I just chug it as fast as I can. I tried mixing it with tons of stuff, even Gatorade tastes pretty interesting(bad) with it in my opinion. If I throw it in my shake or pre workout I barely notice it, but if its a regular drink its pretty obvious its there.

I use HCL over mono because of stomach issues but I am going with capsules next time to avoid this!
    FOLLOW BIO-GROW LOG - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174278071&p=1509311051#post1509311051

"COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW"

#ISYMFS

Not a Bandwagon Type of Guy, Ingredients Should Sell Supps Instead Of Budgets and Forum Bromance

xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xwhitesky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the comments.. I'm noticing literally EVERYONE and every resources/article has a different view on creatine dosage. Hard to decide with so little consensus..

Anyways I'll check out that thread^ and try a pre-workout to mask the flavor a bit :-/. If not maybe will go back to mono.. it's nice not having to drink it separate and have to take yet another drink/supplement. Throwing everything into one shake is so easy xD

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I mixed mine with sugar free lemonade (crystal light).

I just make the water a little less to concentrate the lemonade flavor to offset the sourness of the HCL
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vapedup247 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the comments.. I'm noticing literally EVERYONE and every resources/article has a different view on creatine dosage. Hard to decide with so little consensus..

Anyways I'll check out that thread^ and try a pre-workout to mask the flavor a bit :-/. If not maybe will go back to mono.. it's nice not having to drink it separate and have to take yet another drink/supplement. Throwing everything into one shake is so easy xD
    Yeah you shoot for 5g tops a day, the taste will probably be easier for you to handle vs 15g. I couldn't imagine taking that much lol
    If you can go back to mono I would op, I have the worst stomach issues with mono and that's the ONLY reason I prefer HCL
    FOLLOW BIO-GROW LOG - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174278071&p=1509311051#post1509311051

"COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW"

#ISYMFS

Not a Bandwagon Type of Guy, Ingredients Should Sell Supps Instead Of Budgets and Forum Bromance

Luiscuba98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

So I decided to switch from monohydrate to creatine HCL after reading about some of t

Since HCL is acidic (low pH), buy high alkaline water. try to look for pH 8-10. This is neutralize the HCL. I have tried it and it works. I usually take 2-4g everytime i work out with about 8-10 oz of water.

MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MentalistMan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Luiscuba98 View Post
    Since HCL is acidic (low pH), buy high alkaline water. try to look for pH 8-10. This is neutralize the HCL. I have tried it and it works. I usually take 2-4g everytime i work out with about 8-10 oz of water.
    Yeah, alkaline water would definitely take some of the bite out of the HCl. Personally, I use C-HCl caps instead of powder.
    KAGED MUSCLE Lead Company Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/kaged-muscle.html

"But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in time of trouble." Psalm 37:39

30/26 • I <3

wheytoosexy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree.

Gambino72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's exactly what i do too. Makes it drinkable!

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd recommend just adding it to either your preworkout or just in a protein shake throughout the day.

Do not be concerned with timing.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

Registered User reachingformars's Avatar
    reachingformars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Genius! Thanks.

james29052014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently bought myprotein creatine watermelon flavour and I can't even handle the smell or taste of it, so I threw it and bought unflavoured, 5g scoop of powder in my mouth with a bit of water, swish and swallow

Lankyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile perhaps try this.

yeah same, i got my cell tech creactor creatine HCL unflavored and the taste is really sour bitter and almost impossible to drink. best solution i found is to take a big sip of water keep it in my mouth and top it off with a scoop of creatine and just rinse quickly and swallow. this method proved the best for me since it goes down quickly and once already mixed with water within the mouth it makes it more bearable. also another thing you can try is, as already stated by a a previous comment, is to use half scoop of pre workout, if you have, and one scoop of creatine mix and drink. the taste is masked atleast. look out for them beta alanine tho don't want butt itches during or post workout.

joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Embrace the taste. I too was caught by surprise. Eyuch! But I've adapted.

The water from the 'fridge is colder. I drop 2 grams (one mini-scoop) into a six oz. glass and fill with cold water. No stirring necessary, it simply mixes "auto-magically". Then I simply sip it like I would with two fingers of bourbon while reading the paper. It's become a most pleasant ritual. I swear, I can almost feel the "buzz". Then I "chase it" with a glass of water.

Next up - quantity. They recommend only two grams of C HCL. Less than half of the recommendation for Mono, which is 5 ... NOT 15 grams! Why so much! "More" isn't always better.

That's the advantage of HCL. Better bioavailability = less product, less tummy aches.
    joe Henry

Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have tried Kre-Alkalyn pills and it was very convenient but did not feel any results. Went back to 5g creatine mono but im curious about the creatine HCL, is it pill dosage or powder ?

joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Brankov88 View Post
    I have tried Kre-Alkalyn pills and it was very convenient but did not feel any results. Went back to 5g creatine mono but im curious about the creatine HCL, is it pill dosage or powder ?
    Creatine Mono remains the gold standard. Others try, maybe some will pan out.

Personally I'm having good luck with Cr HCL and, finally, a couple independent studies are starting confirm that.

IF I recall right Cr HCL is available in tablets and capsules. Myself, I use the powder. It works just fine.
    joe Henry

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I prefer the capsules
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100) Uxleumas is not very well liked. (-100)
    Neutralizing the HCl turns the creatine into its monohydrate form, but it does remove the sour taste quite well. If alkaline water is too expensive (most brands also have a somewhat low neutralization capacity), half a gram to a gram of baking soda also works, and so does a crushed up tums tablet. Neither really help with how salty it is though, which is not surprising considering how NaCl/CaCl2 is formed. Personally i'd suggest to either endure or mask the taste, as neutralization makes using HCl useless as the HCl.

divyamiller is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HCL's super sour-salty taste is normal, the acid can be harsh. Skip mixing, try capsules, flavored powders, or chase with water. Dosage: generally same as mono (check brand), you only need 1.5-3g HCL vs 5g mono due to better absorption. Consider splitting your HCL dose to lower per-serving intensity. Experiment, find what works!

vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    15g a day it's too much I think.

zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100)
    In addition to changing your diet and exercise routine, getting enough sleep each night may be beneficial for weight loss.