Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Resident Craft Brewer Hooverville's Avatar
    Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lrfiv View Post
    I'm back to 100% myself! My weakness is beer (glorious beer!), and as an avid homebrewer, it isn't in short supply. I only indulge once a week, but with the holidays, that will go out the window. Well, I don't wanna lose any weight before the cut begins, right?

I also happen to make the best (sorry to everyone's Grandma) pecan pie in the world. I make exactly two, one for Thanksgiving, one for Christmas. Must. Share. Pies.

Realistically, I'm sticking to my diet, other than the occasional holiday slip. Getting my macros, etc. If I have a bit of a calorie surplus, it's not the end of the world. I am hitting it in the gym like crazy! Even with turkey day, I've been averaging just over 2 pounds a week weight loss. That's about as fast as you can expect, from what I understand (I'm down from a max of over 300). If I stall a bit over the Christmas holiday - well, that's what this thread is for.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Take it from me, beer is a friend and a nemesis. I have not found one single food to be as detrimental to your overall goals as alcohol. At some point when this cut starts for me I will give up alcohol entirely for a number of months. It always results in substantial leaning.

My job gets harder and harder during this period, as when I sample tanks I am forced to spit. And get made fun off a good bit. But I can't realistically drink 8-12 2oz beers every workday without it affecting my macros negatively.

Good luck with your cut. Skip the beer and watch it all get easier.
    It's your diet.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) lrfiv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hooverville View Post
    Take it from me, beer is a friend and a nemesis. I have not found one single food to be as detrimental to your overall goals as alcohol. At some point when this cut starts for me I will give up alcohol entirely for a number of months. It always results in substantial leaning.

My job gets harder and harder during this period, as when I sample tanks I am forced to spit. And get made fun off a good bit. But I can't realistically drink 8-12 2oz beers every workday without it affecting my macros negatively.

Good luck with your cut. Skip the beer and watch it all get easier.
    I haven't planned every detail of my "cut" yet, but I won't be drinking beer. So many calories! Just knowing that you are out there spitting out free beer (!!) to hit your macros puts it into perspective. I plan on amazing everyone with my progress, so there is no room for empty calories.
    “Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.”
    ― Seneca

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    100% agree, I quit drinking completely on the 1st June and the changes in my physique have been tremendous without altering anything else related to my training or diet.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In. Believe it or not

I'm still on an accidental bulk I started in December 2015. Oh geez. My lifting in recent months has been lackluster, my stress eating has been bad. I'm not feeling great about either one of those things, so something needs to change. I had an injury this summer that seems to have left me with some lingering one-sided muscle activation issues, but I have plans to see a good (powerlifting) chiropractor in January to hopefully get that resolved one way or another. (As in either there's an actual issue that can be addressed, or she says to me "hey, it's all in your head", whereupon I just get over it.) Meanwhile I need to figure out where I should be headed with programming, so that there's even a slight chance I could be ready for an April meet. On a scale of 1-10 for meet preparedness currently, I'm like a -2, so that's a problem. Yes, I realize cutting into a meet isn't the best idea, but I'm really uncomfortable in my body right now, and frankly I've gained enough weight that it's playing hell with my leverages. I might actually lift a little more if I got my stupid stomach out of the way. Except for bench. That will go down

Food wise, I discovered this morning that I need to pick up a new battery for my food scale. And I should weigh myself. And probably take photos. Ouch. I added 20 minutes of cardio after lifting today. I hate cardio and I know losing weight comes down to diet. But I will also say that cardio tends to be an absolute appetite killer for me, so I should probably incorporate it on a cut for that reason alone.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    In. Believe it or not

I'm still on an accidental bulk I started in December 2015. Oh geez. My lifting in recent months has been lackluster, my stress eating has been bad. I'm not feeling great about either one of those things, so something needs to change. I had an injury last summer that seems to have left me with some lingering one-sided muscle activation issues, but I have plans to see a good (powerlifting) chiropractor in January to hopefully get that resolved one way or another. (As in either there's an actual issue that can be addressed, or she says to me "hey, it's all in your head", whereupon I just get over it.) Meanwhile I need to figure out where I should be headed with programming, so that there's even a slight chance I could be ready for an April meet. On a scale of 1-10 for meet preparedness currently, I'm like a -2, so that's a problem. Yes, I realize cutting into a meet isn't the best idea, but I'm really uncomfortable in my body right now, and frankly I've gained enough weight that it's playing hell with my leverages. I might actually lift a little more if I got my stupid stomach out of the way. Except for bench. That will go down

Food wise, I discovered this morning that I need to pick up a new battery for my food scale. And I should weigh myself. And probably take photos. Ouch. I added 20 minutes of cardio after lifting today. I hate cardio and I know losing weight comes down to diet. But I will also say that cardio tends to be an absolute appetite killer for me, so I should probably incorporate it on a cut for that reason alone.
    Wow, I wish cardio had that effect on me. It puts my hunger into overdrive. I did a few miles yesterday and was just insatiable all morning.

Im in limbo land right now, eating at a steep(ish) deficit most of the week, then indulging in the Christmas party foods, down a few lbs, after the New Year I hope I can peel some fat off pretty quickly. I didn't let myslef get as far as I did last year thankfully, but still chubbier than I planned to get

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Wow, I wish cardio had that effect on me. It puts my hunger into overdrive. I did a few miles yesterday and was just insatiable all morning.
    Yeah, I'm weird like that Not sure if it's because I hate it or because I'm just terrible at all things cardio. But if I spend 20+ minutes mad as a hornet on a treadmill / elliptical / whatever, I don't want to eat for hours.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meanwhile I need to figure out where I should be headed with programming, so that there's even a slight chance I could be ready for an April meet. On a scale of 1-10 for meet preparedness currently, I'm like a -2, so that's a problem. Yes, I realize cutting into a meet isn't the best idea, but I'm really uncomfortable in my body right now, and frankly I've gained enough weight that it's playing hell with my leverages.
    I am not a powerlifter so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say prep for the meet or cut, don't do both. Having opposing goals is generally not a recipe for success.

Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    I am not a powerlifter so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say prep for the meet or cut, don't do both. Having opposing goals is generally not a recipe for success.
    Oh, you are absolutely correct, I don't think that's ever recommended practice. I guess my plan is to start a cut, but go by how things feel. I have prepped for a meet on a cut before and actually it was a really good meet. Last year I bulked all year into a meet and it was a crappy meet. Diet is just one factor among many, so I guess my plan is to get started and see what happens. I also know that my ideal deadlifting weight seems to be about 15-20 lbs below where I'm sitting currently, so it should be beneficial to get a little closer to that. But yeah, if it looks like the April meet is going to happen, I'm willing to temporarily throw my diet back into maintenance mode if needed. I'm going to attack it like it's going to all work out though

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh, you are absolutely correct, I don't think that's ever recommended practice. I guess my plan is to start a cut, but go by how things feel. I have prepped for a meet on a cut before and actually it was a really good meet. Last year I bulked all year into a meet and it was a crappy meet. Diet is just one factor among many, so I guess my plan is to get started and see what happens. I also know that my ideal deadlifting weight seems to be about 15-20 lbs below where I'm sitting currently, so it should be beneficial to get a little closer to that. But yeah, if it looks like the April meet is going to happen, I'm willing to temporarily throw my diet back into maintenance mode if needed. I'm going to attack it like it's going to all work out though
    Are you seeing a chiro locally? Hercules has a chiro on premise that is awesome if you ever make it down.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Are you seeing a chiro locally? Hercules has a chiro on premise that is awesome if you ever make it down.
    Yup, it's the one at Herc that I'll be seeing. I actually tried to find someone locally, but everyone was either booked solid or didn't return my calls. May be better this way anyway, can't go wrong with a lifter diagnosing lifter problems. I'll have to see if you're up for some training that weekend, whenever I figure out timing. I assume a chiro at a gym is used to working on someone who just finished a workout.

Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Still time to cut for a month or so and then run a few training blocks on a slight surplus leading up to the April meet. That's what im doing and I think John also. BTW- if it's the Utica meet you are doing it will be good to meet you and see you crush it. I'm making the trip from CA to do it and meet a bunch of folks from here and IS
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

10/22/16 Meet: 350/220/505 1075lb total
    04/29/17 Meet: 390/240/535 1165lb total
    11/04/17 Meet: 424/254/551 1229lb total

Originally Posted by Hammerhagen View Post
    Still time to cut for a month or so and then run a few training blocks on a slight surplus leading up to the April meet. That's what im doing and I think John also. BTW- if it's the Utica meet you are doing it will be good to meet you and see you crush it. I'm making the trip from CA to do it and meet a bunch of folks from here and IS
    Yup, I'll be training for Utica and keep my fingers crossed that I can actually do it this year. Sounds like it's going to be quite the gathering between all of the old guard that I've done meets with before showing up, and also a bunch of new folks, too? I'm going to have to seriously step up my game so I can bring something decent to the platform. Too many eyewitnesses will be present if I'm terrible

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yup, it's the one at Herc that I'll be seeing. I actually tried to find someone locally, but everyone was either booked solid or didn't return my calls. May be better this way anyway, can't go wrong with a lifter diagnosing lifter problems. I'll have to see if you're up for some training that weekend, whenever I figure out timing. I assume a chiro at a gym is used to working on someone who just finished a workout.
    Yes please let me know when you come. You'll love Becky. Shes really cool and knows her stuff. I've been to her only once but Ill make an appointment w/ her in Jan also.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A word of "advices" to those about to start their cut soon. Make sure you spend a couple weeks closely tracking your macros and how your body responds to the calories, etc. People tend to cut too many calories way too soon and end up hitting a wall early in the cycle. Your goal should be to eat as much as possible and still lose weight. Also, be sure to have a target fiber number because pooping is important!
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Originally Posted by Hammerhagen View Post
    Yup- start next week w/ the culling of the diet and then Ill track the following week. Free ball the training in Jan doing stuff I like to do- lots of compound variants and have fun while hopefully dropping some lbs before the big April push.
    ☻/
    /▌

rconhoff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in. Been lifting consistently but ate wrecklessly for a solid year. I'm back up to 215 and would like to get to 200 while minimizing strength loss. Going to stay on Creatine this time vs going off. Will post pics when Airport figure outhat how.

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll give it a shot. I used to be a fairly solid 250 lbs lifting 3 full body workouts a week. Haven't exercised in about 6 years and ballooned up to a soft 275 and about 35℅ bf.

Goal
    230-240 lb BW
    BF ℅ negotiable

Well, I thought I must be sitting around 185 currently so weighed myself in at 185.0. Nailed it. Aaaaand that's the heaviest I've been in five years. My lifting belt is running out of notches.

Currently pondering programming choices for the new year. I was leaning towards the Westside for Fat Bastards template. Except that I'm not a huge fan of upper/lower splits and the cumulative volume has me wary. I already know that high volume tends to burn me out hard, and I don't want to have to deload every 2-3 weeks. Maybe I'll keep thinking.
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/we...r-fat-bastards

Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, I thought I must be sitting around 185 currently so weighed myself in at 185.0. Nailed it. Aaaaand that's the heaviest I've been in five years. My lifting belt is running out of notches.

Currently pondering programming choices for the new year. I was leaning towards the Westside for Fat Bastards template. Except that I'm not a huge fan of upper/lower splits and the cumulative volume has me wary. I already know that high volume tends to burn me out hard, and I don't want to have to deload every 2-3 weeks. Maybe I'll keep thinking.
    I'll do you one better. I'm still sick, down nearly 10lbs from lack of appitite and I look like utter chit.

Trying to force myself into the walk-in clinic after the holiday. This is rediculous. Worried about pneumonia.
    It's your diet.

I'll do you one better. I'm still sick, down nearly 10lbs from lack of appitite and I look like utter chit.

Trying to force myself into the walk-in clinic after the holiday. This is rediculous. Worried about pneumonia.
    Ugh, sorry you're still sick! Yeah, sounds like it may be time to get yourself checked out.

And I'd offer to send you 10 lbs in the mail, but they wouldn't look any better on you than they do on me.

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Damn, ya better get on that ! I've had pneumonia twice in the last few years. That $hit will kill ya if your not careful, seriously.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to enter this 2017 thread. My weight & bf are pretty good imo...... If I can come up with a good reachable goal I might. I haven't misses one of these comp threads and I do enjoy them so we'll see.

Get better Hooverville !!!!

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Ogus 7/5/3 is a good program. It's pretty close to Wendlers program but you're deloading the main exercises every 5th week. You'd have to buy it to get the real version but here is a close breakdown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/com...s_753_program/

Edit: I like the format but don't like the overly complicated percentage based rotations. I think a simple small increase in your desired rep range each week and a deload when your body tells you it needs one is a smarter approach.
    Last edited by baker; 12-26-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Finally feeling better, still wishing I would have saved my phlegm from the past 3 weeks- could have sold that ish to science.

Santa got me Versa grips for Christmas and a Marcy Power Tower for the Garage. Haven't graduated to a full cage at home yet, I like my gyms cafe too much.

Managed a decent workout today, going to take some work to break in the gripps.

Current approach to diet-

3000 cals per day
    IF eating pattern
    3 beers max per evening (tapering down to 2 next week, one the week after, then bone dry till I complete my cut) calories will come down only as I hit weight loss plateau.

Tracking only protien and fat for minimums. Training 4 days per week, with at least 1 session of cardio thrown on top of the lifting.

Current back shot:
    Last edited by Hooverville; 12-26-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    It's your diet.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im in. Been letting myself go a little lately. I'm up 13lbs since Thanksgiving. Part of it has been beneficial, but I will be ready to dial cals in after Jan 1.

I always stop short of getting where I want to be every summer. Going to see if I can make it work this coming year. Not going to do anything too strict. No macro tracking or planning for me. (except daily protein range). It worked good for me last year, but I stopped short of getting in really good shape. If I need to when I really get lean, I will but I have been working on being more laid back about training.

Going to do more carb cycling and as I am determined to bring back some heavier basic lifts back into my routine.

Have not taken progress pics in a loooong time. Since it was Christmas, I paid a visit to my old hang out powerlifting gym. Was nice to go back and see a bunch of guys. Also found my spot I like to shoot some pics

Here is where I am coming into the new year.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Ogus 7/5/3 is a good program. It's pretty close to Wendlers program but you're deloading the main exercises every 5th week. You'd have to buy it to get the real version but here is a close breakdown. .
    Thanks a lot baker! Not familiar with that program, I will definitely look into it!

Well, I'm rolling on other fronts, anyway. Got a new battery in the food scale, tracked some "normal" days of what I've been eating lately, and it's 3000+ calories. Not surprised in the slightest, I always seem to default to around 3000 calories when I'm not paying attention to my diet. Sigh. So I'm going to initially bring myself down to maintenance calories, which should be just under 2400. Then I'll drop down to some macro numbers that I've done quite well with previously, which come up to about ~1900 calories. We'll see how it goes.

After a month of way too many work hours, too little sleep and too little training, I'm feeling like my muscles are really flat but I'm overall quite bloated. This is the closest thing I've got to a starting picture right now. Been back in the gym for regular training sessions for about the last week, not moving much weight at present and everything hurts. And this is what I do for fun...

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks a lot baker! Not familiar with that program, I will definitely look into it!

Well, I'm rolling on other fronts, anyway. Got a new battery in the food scale, tracked some "normal" days of what I've been eating lately, and it's 3000+ calories. Not surprised in the slightest, I always seem to default to around 3000 calories when I'm not paying attention to my diet. Sigh. So I'm going to initially bring myself down to maintenance calories, which should be just under 2400. Then I'll drop down to some macro numbers that I've done quite well with previously, which come up to about ~1900 calories. We'll see how it goes.

After a month of way too many work hours, too little sleep and too little training, I'm feeling like my muscles are really flat but I'm overall quite bloated. This is the closest thing I've got to a starting picture right now. Been back in the gym for regular training sessions for about the last week, not moving much weight at present and everything hurts. And this is what I do for fun...

Are you blurry in real life? Are you going to spend 2017 getting "focused?"
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Post holiday cookie binge at 211 lbs.

Its not a big deal if I forget my belt now :/ gonna need to grease my pants up to put them on if I don't get heading in the right direction soon

Start ratcheting down calories during the week. Will have one more weekend of moderate gluttony then try to de-fat myself by spring/summer. It's a vicious circle.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 12-27-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    Are you blurry in real life? Are you going to spend 2017 getting "focused?"
    Ha! Yes, I should work on getting more focused

Found out that the new phone (had to change it when I changed carriers) has a crappier camera than my old one. No anti-shake control, so selfies after upper body training look like I'm in a blender. That was the best one. I'll try to get some better "before" pics with my regular camera in the next week or so. Not that I'll look any better, just clearer

Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in on this!!

Lost thirty pounds September to November and ready to get another 30 or so off.

Right now was at 287...so would like to see at least 260# by June, maybe more.

Had to take a month off, due to flu and holidays, but I am back in this now.

Looking forward to it.
    ---Chicago Crew---
    ♒Morning_Workout_Crew♒