Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
    Resident Craft Brewer Hooverville's Avatar
    Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fduba View Post
    Lets go:

37 / 5'8"/ 209 lb (current) / BF%: ~22 / Cutting

Started off very slow in february at 235 lb and after I got rid of 20 lb, I stalled in june. Went to a nutritionist and got my meal plan a tweak. Since july, I decided to give Fierce-5 a try (from what I've read, it gets heavy. I was not feeling any progression with my last program at all), started doing HIIT on days off the gym and dropped ~5 more pounds so far. I'm not accepting any other results than getting at or bellow 180 lb by the end of december. Good luck to all!

Meal plan is yours average: chicken, lean steaks, eggs, oatmeal, nuts, veggies (raw or steamed), some fruit, some carb, some beans, low fat dairy, no added sugars, nothing deep fried etc etc. Daily intake: ~1900 kcal.
    Deep deficit homie, you'll see results. But as Blue said, you might struggle a bit with your fats and protien borderline low. I would think energy would be an issue as well.

Any planned refeeds or diet breaks?
    It's your diet.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10) fduba is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Congrats on losing 20lbs!
    Thanks, man. I really appreciate the support. Thank you.

Are you hitting your macro targets at that level? (at least 0.82g/lb protein and 0.45g/lb fat)
    Originally Posted by Hooverville View Post
    Deep deficit homie, you'll see results. But as Blue said, you might struggle a bit with your fats and protien borderline low. I would think energy would be an issue as well.
    Yes, I'm just above the borderline, really controlled. And yes, I do feel tired at the end of the day (7PM on), but not early in the morning, which is when I work out (7AM - breakfast 1h30 earlier... eggs, bananas, oatmeal, and I'm good to go). Since it's a change for good, it's ok. In the long run, I don't wanna miss my carbs for cravings. So I'm keeping my rice over bacon, lol. It has to suit yourself.

Any planned refeeds or diet breaks?
    Yup. Just did that in june when I reached a plateau. 1 week of "not-worrying" - NOT self-indulgence. Just took it easy. I'm planning to do that every 2 months, which is when I'm going to my nutritionist to keep tweaking my meal plan according to my current level of body composition. "Nice and easy"... but not at the gym

Thanks, guys!
    Last edited by fduba; 08-09-2017 at 10:44 PM.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fduba View Post
    Yes, I'm just above the borderline, really controlled.
    In that case more power to you. My normal cutting intake is around 2050 calories and I usually just barely hit my protein/fat goals, but I think I could manage 1900 if I wanted to crank the misery level up significantly.

I'm planning to do that every 2 months
    I've experimented around a bit and nine weeks is about my optimal cutting length, much longer and I really start to experience negative secondary effects. I can can gut it out and have in the past, but it turned out to not be worth it.

Thanks, guys!
    Keep at it, the hard part is getting started and you already did that.

Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got my deficit down to 2400. That's as low as I have ever gone on a daily basis. So far so good, feeling pretty spent at night but already seeing some really positive trends.

Going with the fast and furious route this time. Come November I would like to be lean as could be. Refeeds will be planned out by the end of this month. Thinking one very heavy carb day every 3 weeks. We will see.

Current weight 192.
    It's your diet.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Down 3.09lbs this cycle. Got motivated and took a hard look at my remaining diet weak spots, not that there are many at this point, but I think I found a way to drop 700 calories a week without too much misery. Experimenting with that this week. Big camping trip coming up next weekend though, won't be any cutting going on there.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got my deficit down to 2400. That's as low as I have ever gone on a daily basis. So far so good, feeling pretty spent at night but already seeing some really positive trends.

Going with the fast and furious route this time. Come November I would like to be lean as could be. Refeeds will be planned out by the end of this month. Thinking one very heavy carb day every 3 weeks. We will see.

Current weight 192.
    That's a good amount of calories to diet with. I run 2000-2300 daily when strict counting/measuring. Funny, there are days I plan on 1900 to account for a night out w/the family ect and I feel like I'm starving. Amazing what a few hundred cals can do.

Got down to 202.6 this week but had a small get together at my house where there was some drinks and lots of food :embarrassed: . Probably ended the day at 6k cals soooo today back on track and will eat about 1k for the day to flush the system. Lucky me I have heavy deadlifts on schedule Hopefully the cals help because I've been feeling beat up all week and that's usually a precursor to injury for me.

Good luck this week dieters!
    Last edited by Jtbny; 08-13-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    That's a good amount of calories to diet with. I run 2000-2300 daily when strict counting/measuring. Funny, there are days I plan on 1900 to account for a night out w/the family ect and I feel like I'm starving. Amazing what a few hundred cals can do.

Got down to 206.6 this week but had a small get together at my house where there was some drinks and lots of food :embarrassed: . Probably ended the day at 6k cals soooo today back on track and will eat about 1k for the day to flush the system. Lucky me I have heavy deadlifts on schedule Hopefully the cals help because I've been feeling beat up all week and that's usually a precursor to injury for me.

lol I ate terribly pretty much Thursday throigh today....I'll call it a metabolic kick start or something. Back to the grind tomorrow. I am making zero progress, but still healing up my shoulder and training is just kind of blah. I keep thinking I will buckle down and put in some serious effort on the diet for a few months, then after a week or two I'm like meh, almost sweatshirt weather .

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I keep thinking I will buckle down and put in some serious effort on the diet for a few months, then after a week or two I'm like meh, almost sweatshirt weather .
    LOL. I was just thinking I'll have to join this thread again after October. I'm going to wind up doing everything backwards and diet over winter. So much for dieting over the summer, some idiot signed up for 3 meets in 6 months

CatFitness07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    New here and have been reading some post. 👍

CatFitness07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    LOL. I was just thinking I'll have to join this thread again after October. I'm going to wind up doing everything backwards and diet over winter. So much for dieting over the summer, some idiot signed up for 3 meets in 6 months
    Summer kicked me in the butt. No happy with myself. Your back looks gorgeous.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Are we going to keep this thread going next year or start another one?

But going back to your bulk/cut timing, it sort of reminds me of a guy in my gym. I switched to this gym in January of this year. Soon after that, I saw this freak of nature. Looks a lot like Ulysses Jr...long dreads and all. Good muscle size and separation, but it tapers into an impossibly small waist. The only way I can describe it is the waist size of a 12 year old girl. Its freakish, to say the least. Months go by, and I see this guys muscle separation fade away. Eventually, I figured out he went on a bulk. When someone bulks during the summer, you know they are lifting for a higher purpose than looking good on the beach. LOL
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

Got down to 202.6 this week but had a small get together at my house where there was some drinks and lots of food :embarrassed: . Probably ended the day at 6k cals soooo today back on track and will eat about 1k for the day to flush the system. Lucky me I have heavy deadlifts on schedule Hopefully the cals help because I've been feeling beat up all week and that's usually a precursor to injury for me.

I seem to be blessed/cursed with a high metabolic rate. I don't know why. I'm only 6 foot and my set point seems to be 200lbs. But I can consume more calories than most.

Bulking at a consistent 1 lb per week puts me at 4500cals a day.
    It's your diet.

loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool thread! I think I'll jump in as I'm ending one phase of recomp and will (hopefully) be entering another, soon.

I started at 210+ past winter, now down to 175-176. Started with 1800 calories a day, which lasted for a few months but burnt me out, so then 2000 calories day, and I've once again raised to 2200 calories a day as I feel like the length of this diet/cut is interfering with my mood and hormones. I try to hit at least my body weight in protein and 200+ in carbs. If I get close to those macros, the fat macro seems to take care of itself.

Training protocol is a homemade body weight split routine consisting mainly of handstand push ups, decline push ups, pull ups, chin ups and twice weekly sprint sessions (sometimes on a hill). I'll occasionally throw in some dips and hanging knee raises and am starting to incorporate some single leg squatting moves into the routine. I train major muscle groups twice/week and I do a lot of sets and most of them to failure. Unorthodox, but seems to work for me. After this cut/diet phase is over, I intend to get a weighted vest or incorporate some weight training to gain some more muscle, but that is then.

Current Goal - I want to get to 10% body fat, I think. Or, 165-170 pounds. I'm giving myself until the end of Sept. '17. I posted to the body fat estimate thread in 'losing fat' section and those folks estimated 12%-13%, currently, so I'm getting close (and my original goal weight of 170, set six months ago, seems spot on). As an adjunct to that goal, however, is the complete elimination of the remnants of my spare tire. It's loose and jiggly under my belly button and the two little pockets on my lower back, which are the only significant fat deposits I have left. I wouldn't care about them, but I really want to get rid of the last bits of fat to see if the skin will tighten back up, as it's loose at the front, currently, which I find very irritating.

Here's a current pick, taken yesterday. Same as my current avatar, but if we're using this thread for progress, might not be my avatar in the future, so here's one for posterity ( taken 8/17/2017, 176 pounds, estimate 12-13% body fat)
    Attached Images

Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by loggerboots View Post
    Training protocol is a homemade body weight split routine
    is that just your _current_ routine, i.e. you've lifted in the past, or did you get that body from bodyweight only?

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bump for fall. How's everyone doing? Did the fall/winter bulk start to creep in yet?

Me - I'm inching closer to my end of year goal of 199. 200.8 this morning and have really been taking it slow now. Strength is holding steady but have some injuries I've had to work around.

What say you?
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Will this start over in the winter as 2018 skinny/hangry?

I would probably be in starting mid March, should be very plump..and a little stronger by then
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I increased my salt intake and my weight has gone UP. Strength is still good. Still noticing a slight aesthetic difference each week, but my face is a little bloated right now from the extra salt I suppose.

Multiple speed bumps as expected. Horse camping, beach camping, a group ocean fishing trip, a work house party, visiting friends in Southern Oregon, a fancy work dinner, a couple of work lunches, a night or two out with the wife, etc. Still managed to lose 2lbs this cycle so I'll call it good progress. Likely not going to be lean enough to bulk over the holidays, so probably just going to try and hold the line till things calm down after New Years, though I may be able to eek out another pound or two here and there. On the bright side I was able to find 765 calories a week to drop out of my planned meals without increasing the misery level much and I just hit a new rep PR yesterday for OHP 5x5x135.

I am pleased with where I am right now. (Taking a short diet break as of Wednesday) calories are between 2600-3000 during this break.

Current weight as of this morning is 190. I'm really beginning to think that I have built enough muscle to maintain a higher weight than I hit on previous cuts.

I am definetly holding more upper body mass than in years past. The results of just going to work on lagging body parts. (Read: hypertrophy and adding Volume) chest, delts(especially rear) and biceps. I haven't dropped the higher rep work and it hasn't burned me out yet.

Still a long road ahead.
    It's your diet.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Will this start over in the winter as 2018 skinny/hangry?

I would probably be in starting mid March, should be very plump..and a little stronger by then
    There is one every year. Usually the same people need to join it too

Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    I increased my salt intake and my weight has gone UP. Strength is still good. Still noticing a slight aesthetic difference each week, but my face is a little bloated right now from the extra salt I suppose.
    Funny I recently increased my salt by a lot. No noticeable weight gain from it though

Multiple speed bumps as expected. Horse camping, beach camping, a group ocean fishing trip, a work house party, visiting friends in Southern Oregon, a fancy work dinner, a couple of work lunches, a night or two out with the wife, etc. Still managed to lose 2lbs this cycle so I'll call it good progress. Likely not going to be lean enough to bulk over the holidays, so probably just going to try and hold the line till things calm down after New Years, though I may be able to eek out another pound or two here and there. On the bright side I was able to find 765 calories a week to drop out of my planned meals without increasing the misery level much and I just hit a new rep PR yesterday for OHP 5x5x135.
    Life has a way of getting in the way of things that's for sure. I'm with ya; going to try and hold the line during the holidays the best I can. Then I won't have to start with such a large amount to lose

I am pleased with where I am right now. (Taking a short diet break as of Wednesday) calories are between 2600-3000 during this break.

Current weight as of this morning is 190. I'm really beginning to think that I have built enough muscle to maintain a higher weight than I hit on previous cuts.

I am definetly holding more upper body mass than in years past. The results of just going to work on lagging body parts. (Read: hypertrophy and adding Volume) chest, delts(especially rear) and biceps. I haven't dropped the higher rep work and it hasn't burned me out yet.

Still a long road ahead.
    Pleased is a great place t be!! Always a long, winding road it seems. Just got to keep at it!
    ☻/
    /▌

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Been eating below maintenance for a while. 190lbs in the mornings and 195lbs at night.

Lightest I have been in a good while.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Instead of doing the sauna after my workout I'm going to try the hot tub and see if that will help. I watched some youtube videos yesterday of MMA fighters trying to make weight and having to lose extreme amounts of water weight. They weren't doing the sauna, they were using hot baths.

Instead of doing the sauna after my workout I'm going to try the hot tub and see if that will help. I watched some youtube videos yesterday of MMA fighters trying to make weight and having to lose extreme amounts of water weight. They weren't doing the sauna, they were using hot baths.
    But why do you want to lose water weight? Unless you're making weight for something who cares?
    ☻/
    /▌

But why do you want to lose water weight? Unless you're making weight for something who cares?
    I want to get the bloat out of my face because it looks like chit.

I want to get the bloat out of my face because it looks like chit.
    Try cutting your carbs and do some fork-pushways
    ☻/
    /▌

Try cutting your carbs and do some fork-pushways
    Carbs are my friend, we go way back.
    Last edited by wesleysh21; 09-08-2017 at 11:49 AM.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've had this same feeling many times before over the last few years but I really feel like I'm on the right path now.

I'm lifting quite a bit lighter weight than I have in the past but I am starting to really feel comfortable with the big 3. There are very few times in the past 8 years that I can honestly say that squatting down and standing back up with a bar on my back felt like every muscle and joint was engaged and comfortable, regardless of how much weight I used. As a matter of fact until about the last 6 months I could never even get into a proper bottom position without having at least 95lbs on the bar. Now I can ATG with just the bar which I'm probably just as happy with as I would be with a PR haha.

I feel like the one thing that was missing was the mind muscle connection. I've always just gotten myself amped up, gritted my teeth and lifted. Over the last year I've spent more time on isolations which I've never really done before, along with the foam rolling and mobility which I have always done. The isolation work seems to have helped me learn how to squeeze and move every muscle during the big 3 versus just gritting my teeth and getting some generic tightness going on. I also have been doing a lot of pauses and slow eccentric work which hurts my numbers but I have to believe it will help me ultimately get back to where I started at least and do it relatively pain free.

I'm going to use smaller bursts of PSMF at least a few times this next year. The month I did worked out great but even though I was able to hold strength the whole time I ended up with one of the worse colds I've had in a while. Could be coincidence who knows. Regardless I'll keep the 1000 calories stuff to 2 weeks or less from now on as I really do like just going all out with the diet for a short period of time. Not saying it's a good idea, just works better for me all around.

Carbs are my friend, we go way back.
    I liked the snarkier response better before the edit

I hear ya carbs are great. I've lowered them in order to continue to make progress but I could smash 600g a day easily.
    ☻/
    /▌

I liked the snarkier response better before the edit

I hear ya carbs are great. I've lowered them in order to continue to make progress but I could smash 600g a day easily.
    It was one of those responses that sounded different in my head than how it came out.