Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1786
    shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Solid bunch of work in here Alan. 20KM in 37 minutes definitely qualifies as getting after it. That is a quick time for that distance!

Your weights will move up once you start eating a little more again. Keep hammering the reps with good form and work hard to keep the muscle you have while you finish your diet.

Good to hear you are seeing physique changes! That is always nice to help with motivation.

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Hi Stinner!....These are Chin-Ups...I have always thought they were more bang for the buck regarding upper body development .Crap, I had forget about the negatives! Pull ups are so much harder, that will be later on.

As far as thickness and size...I could use that all over my arms, I am peaking the movement and not locking out, trying to move slowly and hold as much at the maximum points of stress....if that makes any sense. Ill try the squeezing next time they come around.

Actually I am seeing some development, most noticeably in my shoulders, I can actually notice the roundness of the delts in the corner of my eyes..LOL, my quads are showing some development as well as I fill the ass out of my cycle riding shorts a bit more. With this program I started "Too light" as Wendler would say...maybe way too light, after a few months of this I am just starting to come into the region where I have to start to work a little harder for those last couple of reps on most exercises...so I still think I am below 70% on a lot of stuff. My understanding is I need to do more than 70% at 8-10 reps to trigger an adaptation. Most of my "development" is probably coming from losing weight. Once I get back to maintenance, or a little surplus and begin to get more above 70% and adding a rep or two I think things might pop a little more.
    You're right about the chins being a good boost for biceps, and as long as you get the stretch & squeeze in your lats you're pretty much just as well off anyway. One tip I've worked in was a mid-rep pause, and iso peak hold (you know me!). The mid-rep pause can overdo it on your biceps already doing a lot of work, which is great for leaving your lats to come in and help out more. I do that on regular pullups too, it's a great burner!

Great to see you're enjoying progress. No matter how big or developed you get, there will almost always be a need/want for more, so as long as you're seeing proper progress you're all good! Keep it up, tweak here and there, adjust as you see fit, and eventually your new normal will be what used to be a huge endeavor. Onward and upward and that's how we do it Hopefully over time you'll get back on the ice and see how you can throw people around much more
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Solid bunch of work in here Alan. 20KM in 37 minutes definitely qualifies as getting after it. That is a quick time for that distance!

Your weights will move up once you start eating a little more again. Keep hammering the reps with good form and work hard to keep the muscle you have while you finish your diet.

Good to hear you are seeing physique changes! That is always nice to help with motivation.
    Thanks Shane, I hope to keep this up for a few more weeks.

Originally Posted by StinnerOzz View Post
    You're right about the chins being a good boost for biceps, and as long as you get the stretch & squeeze in your lats you're pretty much just as well off anyway. One tip I've worked in was a mid-rep pause, and iso peak hold (you know me!). The mid-rep pause can overdo it on your biceps already doing a lot of work, which is great for leaving your lats to come in and help out more. I do that on regular pullups too, it's a great burner!

Great to see you're enjoying progress. No matter how big or developed you get, there will almost always be a need/want for more, so as long as you're seeing proper progress you're all good! Keep it up, tweak here and there, adjust as you see fit, and eventually your new normal will be what used to be a huge endeavor. Onward and upward and that's how we do it Hopefully over time you'll get back on the ice and see how you can throw people around much more
    Thanks for your pointers Stinner, I am trying this stuff and its interesting how it can change the feel of an excercise, you can get a lot of things without having to up weights, even taking some off and slowing it down can be the better method. My wife and I agreed after a few discussions that I am not playing hockey this year...to many risks. In order to throw some those fat old boys around I am going to have to bulk up tho !
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Program: T Nation: "Three Days A Week Is All You Need" ....
    https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/3-...s-all-you-need

Weigh in 167.4lbs
    Waist 33.5"

Warm up: Few minutes skipping rope, Catalyst athletics warm up:

More Warm Up: Snatch high pull+snatch ...... a few light reps of this starting with just the bar and then up to 38kg

Snatch Dead Lifts...snatch start postion/wide snatch grip. (sub for dead lifts)
    62kg x 8
    62kg x 8
    62kg x 8

Seated dumbbell presses
    25lbs x 15
    25lbs x 15
    25lbs x 15

Cable Pull Downs..chin up grip
    102.5lbs x 12
    102.5lbs x 12
    102.5lbs x 12

Hammer Curls
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 12

Overhead Cable extensions,(sub for PRJ Pullovers)
    35lbs x 12
    35lbs x 12
    35lbs x 12

Finisher
    2.5KM run

Notes: Work out performed fasted. Weight down some more, I also felt very weak today, snatches were terrible. As far as the core work a bit of extra weight and a rep or two extra. Have a great weekend!

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work Alan. As far as feeling weak, some days gravity is just a little stronger than others.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Nice work Alan. As far as feeling weak, some days gravity is just a little stronger than others.

Hope you had a great weekend!
    Id like to know where the adjustment control is!

Warm Up: few minutes of skipping rope, Catalyst athletics warm up

More Warm up; A few sets of BTN Jerks

Squats

20kg x 6
    20kg x 6
    40kg x 6
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 2
    65kg x 8
    65kg x 8
    65kg x 8

RDLS

51kg x 8
    51kg x 8
    51kg x 8

Chins (band assist with little red band)
    5 (plus 5 negs BW)

Dips (BW)

Farmers Carry
    45lb grip plate in each hand, walk for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds, x 6

Notes: Nothing much to note, ate before this as its squat day..so my pre workout was a 0atmeal (160 Calories).

See you mid week!

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good looking session on that last one CPW. Straight and to the point. Hope the three-day a week program is going well my friend.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Double Murph: 1:12:01, Cindy: 29 Rounds
    IG: trentmas.nc
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    Galatians 2:20

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks Shane, I hope to keep this up for a few more weeks.

Thanks for your pointers Stinner, I am trying this stuff and its interesting how it can change the feel of an excercise, you can get a lot of things without having to up weights, even taking some off and slowing it down can be the better method. My wife and I agreed after a few discussions that I am not playing hockey this year...to many risks. In order to throw some those fat old boys around I am going to have to bulk up tho !
    A strong core and legs go a looong way! Those bigger guys usually have a low center of gravity but aren't strong. Eventually with both size & strength you can be like me and brickwall people when they run YOU - lol

You're right, you will get A LOT out of maniupulating rep tempo and the like. You've seen my journal more than anyone, and I tend to pay attention to that stuff more than most. I'm probably overboard, but I also out-gain gear-using friends in their 20s so I think it's served me greatly. I feel a good mix between strength, power, density, and hypertrophy stuff makes for the best results all combined. The trick is finding which muscles respond better to that slower control, and which are not worth wasting the time on. Comes with experience, and the only way to know is to test it out and be truthful to yourself. Sounds like you have the mind for it, so good luck with it

A strong core and legs go a looong way! Those bigger guys usually have a low center of gravity but aren't strong. Eventually with both size & strength you can be like me and brickwall people when they run YOU - lol

You're right, you will get A LOT out of maniupulating rep tempo and the like. You've seen my journal more than anyone, and I tend to pay attention to that stuff more than most. I'm probably overboard, but I also out-gain gear-using friends in their 20s so I think it's served me greatly. I feel a good mix between strength, power, density, and hypertrophy stuff makes for the best results all combined. The trick is finding which muscles respond better to that slower control, and which are not worth wasting the time on. Comes with experience, and the only way to know is to test it out and be truthful to yourself. Sounds like you have the mind for it, so good luck with it
    Thanks Stinner, hopefully I can keep losing a little fit so this shows somewhere.

Yesterday

Warm Up: few minutes of skipping rope, Catalyst athletics warm up

Floor Presses (sub for incline dumbbell press)

20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    47kg x 8
    47kg x 8
    47kg x 8

One Arm Land Mine Rows (Sub for one arm dumbbell rows)(PWO)
    19kg x 6
    14.5kg x 8
    14.5kg x 8

Bulgarian Split Squat
    2 x 25lb dumbbells

Back extensions
    20kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8

Thats it.

Not much cardio or almost no conditioning lately, doing some 30 minute walks most days, the calorie reduction starting to effect my energy level I think. No time for cleans this morning. One arm land mine rows: I was tabulating my weight wrong in previous sessions, I am actually repping 14.5kg, I tried doing 19...this led to bad form. I either have to get a set of 40lb dumbbells or switch to some other kind of rowing as bending over unsupported with a landmine or barbell strains my lower back. Other than that.. a kg here or an extra rep there added. See you friday!

Nice work in here Alan. I am really impressed with powerblocks for dbs. If you can find them they take up little room and are really quick to be able to change the weights. I found mine on ******** marketplace in my area. They are not cheap, but they are worth it. You might be able to take your flat bench and put it on some blocks and raise it up high enough to do some BB seal rows.

Picking up a rep here and there is still a win.

Can't put a bench parallel to the landmine bar and lean on it?

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Digging the looks of that last session CPW. Nice work there. As far as the calorie deficit affecting your energy, I noticed this spring/summer that my body adjusts after a couple of weeks and then I end up feeling much better than before after a while. Stick with it my friend.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Nice work in here Alan. I am really impressed with powerblocks for dbs. If you can find them they take up little room and are really quick to be able to change the weights. I found mine on ******** marketplace in my area. They are not cheap, but they are worth it. You might be able to take your flat bench and put it on some blocks and raise it up high enough to do some BB seal rows.

Picking up a rep here and there is still a win.
    Can't put a bench parallel to the landmine bar and lean on it?
    Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Digging the looks of that last session CPW. Nice work there. As far as the calorie deficit affecting your energy, I noticed this spring/summer that my body adjusts after a couple of weeks and then I end up feeling much better than before after a while. Stick with it my friend.
    Thanks Fellas

I am actually in the process of making a set of multifunction blocks, I started last year! I have been wanting to try seal rows for awhile AKA bench rows.

LOL I am not adjusting, I feel weaker every day

Warm Up: Few minutes if skipping rope, Catalyst athletics Warm Up

More Warn Up: Various muscle snatches, snatch pulls and then snatches up to 39Kg

Snatch Dead lift (sub for dead lifts)
    63kg x 8
    63kg x 8
    63kg x 8

Seated DB Press 35lbs DBs

Cable Pull Downs Chin Up Grip
    105lbs x 10
    105lbs x 8
    105lbs x 9.5

Hammer Curls

Overhead Tricep Cable Extensions (sub for PRJ Pullovers)
    35lbs x 10
    35lbs x 10
    35lbs x8

Finisher

2.5KM Run

Notes, Not much to say, Going to the 35lb DBs on the press was a 10lb a side jump because I do not have 30lbs DBs so I went easy on the reps. Other than that business as usual

DELOAD WEEK

Warm Up: Few minutes if skipping rope, Catalyst athletics Warm Up

Work Up: BTN Jerks, several triples and doubles.

Squats
    66kg x 5
    66kg x 5
    66kg x 5

RDLS (sub for lying leg curls)
    63kg x 8
    63kg x 8
    63kg x 8

Some Chins and Dips easy with band assist

Cardio/Conditioning

C2 Rowing Pyramid
    100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m Rest 50 seconds between intervals try to keep a consistent split .

Notes: Easy deload session, the jerks were fun. See you Wednesday

Nice looking last two sessions CPW. Hate it when that happens with the dumbbells and you have to skip 10 pounds, especially on OHP. I have 30's and 40's so I just work with those. I really only use them for OHP or variations of that. They are too light for bench or rows, but occasionally I'll throw in some super high-rep sets of those lifts with them. I used them as KB's too though, which is helpful. Enjoy the deload week!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Couple of nice workouts in here. Nice way to rep out the 35s on the DB ohps. That is some good weight on those. It is hard making 10 pound jumps, especially on OHPs.

I might give those C2 rowing intervals a try as well.

Enjoy your deload week.

Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Nice looking last two sessions CPW. Hate it when that happens with the dumbbells and you have to skip 10 pounds, especially on OHP. I have 30's and 40's so I just work with those. I really only use them for OHP or variations of that. They are too light for bench or rows, but occasionally I'll throw in some super high-rep sets of those lifts with them. I used them as KB's too though, which is helpful. Enjoy the deload week!
    It would be nice to have more choices, Ill just have to tough it out until I have more cash...also the stores are empty of this stuff, hard to find

Couple of nice workouts in here. Nice way to rep out the 35s on the DB ohps. That is some good weight on those. It is hard making 10 pound jumps, especially on OHPs.

I might give those C2 rowing intervals a try as well.

Enjoy your deload week.
    Im not talking to you about rowing right now! !!

Quick Note don't feel like typing a lot, tired

DELOAD WORKOUT

Easy 20km bike ride with the family, nice loop on a flat shoreline road.

10 minutes of jump rope

Some Power cleans doubles up to 50kg

Floor Presses, nothing but bar...3 reps of 16-20

One arm landmine rows 3 sets nothing but bar...

Bulgarian Split squats, 3 sets of 8, 15lb dumbbells

Easy workout although a little bushed from the ride. Diet out the window this week.

Catch you Friday

Im not talking to you about rowing right now! !!
    LoL. It’s all relative man.

That bike ride looks like it would have been an enjoyable one along a shoreline with the family.

Nice Deload!

DELOAD WEEK

Weight in: 167.8lbs
    33.25" waist

Warm Up: Freestyle jump rope, Catalyst athletics warm up

Work Up: Muscle snatches: several sets of triples and doubles

Seated Dumbbell Raises
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 12

Snatch Dead lift, snatch start position, snatch wide grip
    65kg x 4
    65kg x 4
    65kg x 4

Pull Downs with chin up Grip
    Forgot the weight....light

Hammer Curls
    15lb dumbbells I think...who cares its deload

Overhead tricep extension with cable, (sub for PRJ pull overs)
    Light as well

Finisher
    2.5 km run

Notes: because I was working light today I took the time to play around with working slower, testing slightly different grips, doing some "peaks" and varying the range of motion and angles of the cable work especially...got a real good feel how this can change how it affects your muscles with more of a burn feel. Very Interesting...thanks Stinner

I seriously need to get back on track with diet and cardio, I need to hit my goal of 32" waist and move on. No Change in weight or waist this week. I had some questionable eating off and on since last Saturday.

Another nice deload.

Your diet and mine sound very similar right now. LoL. I keep saying the same thing, finish this and move on.

So know your struggle is shared by myself as well.

Another nice deload.

Your diet and mine sound very similar right now. LoL. I keep saying the same thing, finish this and move on.

So know your struggle is shared by myself as well.
    Misery loves company my friend!

Warm Up: Few minutes of freestyle jump rope. Abbreviated Catalyst warm up

Work Up: BTN Jerks

Squats:
    66kg x 6
    66kg x 6
    66kg x 6

RDLS (sub for lying leg curls)
    63kg x 8
    63kg x 8
    63kg x 8

Chins
    3bw+5 negs
    3bw+5 negs
    4bw +3 negs

Dips
    10 (Band assist)

Farmers Carries
    2 45lb plates, carry for 30 seconds rest for 30, x 6

Notes:
    My lower back is sore as fuk last couple of days. I might have to back off on the weight, Ill decide later on this week. See you wednesday.

Swinging by to see how you are doing. Hopefully your back hasn't taken you out of the game.

Yep, hope you're doing well CPW.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Im all good actually, thanks!

However my personal laptop has died a few weeks ago and my new MacBook pro wont load the website for some reason, have not figured that out yet....I can only log on at work on my desktop, most days I dont have time other than taking a quick peak at the forums.

About the back, I started squatting to just parallel (not ATG) and stopped doing snatches/full cleans to see if that had any affect, so it has been way better since making those changes.

I will catch up again soon.

Thanks guys

Good to hear it's just time and computer related and not an injury.

Take care!