Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Ichiban!!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    I didn't even want to go. But I sucked it up, took a pre workout, got dressed and went anyway. It wasn't my best but a sucky workout is better than no workout.
    Way to get it done. And yay for the whoosh.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Way to get it done. And yay for the whoosh.
    Thanks! I know its more about consistency than anything. And its nice to start seeing and feeling the lifts go up too.

So this came in today

The pic really doesn't do it justice. In person, there is a holographic color shift thing to it that also shows green and purple. I haven't decided if I want to stone it or not.

So, I have been doing a lot of research into bodybuilding in Japan, which is tough. Its not a big thing here and is pretty anti-cultural here, especial for females. Though I have been able to find some info. I was pretty upset to see that the national show was a few weeks before we moved here and Iris Kyle was a guest poser. But in her photos, she is really covered for a female bber. She is wearing workout pants and what I call a singlet or one of the workout bras that is like a full shirt. I assumed this was her guest posing attire, though it could be a pic from a warm up I guess. But given the attitudes here towards bodybuilding and female, I feel like it may have been hr guest posing look.

Also, there are some really odd pics I haven't figured out what is going on in. Like why are some chicks wearing masks?? And others are wearing some odd costumes. IDK its weird.

So anyways, info is hard to find and what I do find is disjointed and sometimes odd. But I did find a show that is only 2 hours from me and is not until the end of October. I will go either to watch or to compete, depends on where I am and how I look, lol. Either way, it will be a real adventure.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Going to a bodybuilding show in Japan - whether to compete or simply observe - would be AMAZING!!! Please please share whatever you discover. . . fascinating the information about Iris Kyle and those pics!

Perhaps you'll want a mask to go with the suit instead of stoning it? ;^) Japan, man. So fascinating!!!
    I am stronger than my strongest excuse!

Current ORM BP: 163 | OHP: 119 | Squat: 198 | Deads: 262
    Current Goal BP: 165 | OHP: 125 | Squat: 225 | Deads: 265
    TSJGR Goals BP: 1.5xBW | OHP: 205 | Squat: 1.5xBW | Deads: 315+


    Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173058501&p=1474053281#post1474053281

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tpocalicious View Post
    Going to a bodybuilding show in Japan - whether to compete or simply observe - would be AMAZING!!! Please please share whatever you discover. . . fascinating the information about Iris Kyle and those pics!

Perhaps you'll want a mask to go with the suit instead of stoning it? ;^) Japan, man. So fascinating!!!
    Oh man, this country is such an adventure! at least what little bit I am seeing and learning right now. I'm still not over the drive on the left side of the road thing yet

I think the masks are girls that are in the wrestling federation and they randomly decided to do a comp. Some of them are not comp ready at all. Right now I'm trying to figure out if tattoos are going be an issue (they are for so many things here as it is associated with the mafia), and which organization is connected to NPC or IFBB. I'm trying to figure out if any of the comps "count" in terms of qualifying for nationals or the like. I also found that the Fitness America does a show in Tokyo, but I'm not sure how I feel about the organization now. Their posing is different plus they have a theme round. I may see if I can swing that one to watch, we will see.

I will share pics too

I'm also reading an anthropological study on Japan and the fitness industry. Its a bit older but still good insight and history. Title: Working Out in Japan: Shaping the Female Body in Tokyo Fitness Clubs

Friday I went in with my husband to main base (about a 30 minute drive) and worked out in that gym. Its better equipped and less crowded while the service members are at work. Got my final weight workout done for the week.

Day 5
    Arms and Deloading legs

Bench Dip 4x10 @ BW
    Alt. DB Curls 4x10 10/15/15/15
    BW squats 4x15

Lying Tri Ext. 3x8 @10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 @20
    Alt BW Lunges 3x15

OH Rope Ext 3x10 @20
    Alt DB Hammer Curl 3x10 @10

Zottman Curl 3x12 @5/10/10'
    Tri Push down 3x12 @ 25/25/20

Cardio: Jacob's ladder, Intervals, 20 minutes
    Stretching and posing practice 20 minutes

Saturday: Rest Day
    Took my daughter to ballet workshop, she is going to start ballet and gymnastics
    Went to the movies and watched Passengers. Had the whole theater to ourselves and the movie is pretty good!

Sunday: Rest Day
    meal planned and grocery shopped.

Looking forward to the week ahead now.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds very interesting. I do wonder if the standards are completely different though...in any case, sounds like you're going to learn a lot!
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) NikkiPS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like a fantastic adventure!!!!

I've been lurking in your Journals for a while now, and just wanted to pop in and say hi

Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)


    Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173058501&p=1474053281#post1474053281

Originally Posted by aquamarine84 View Post
    Sounds very interesting. I do wonder if the standards are completely different though...in any case, sounds like you're going to learn a lot!
    It doesn't look like the standards are different, though there seem to be small female classes and additional classes that are not in the US. They have kids fitness and family fitness, duo fitness (though I have seen that in the us in some orgs) and a female "sport" model class. I have seen many times where they are very against "enhancers", and their men look more natural than in the US. No huge bodybuilders, but they are very cut in most cases. So the more "natural" look seems to be the thing here. Don't know if they actually test or if its a culture thing.

Originally Posted by NikkiPS View Post
    Sounds like a fantastic adventure!!!!

I've been lurking in your Journals for a while now, and just wanted to pop in and say hi
    Well Hi! and glad you popped in

Love this pic!

Today's workout was pretty sweet!

Day 1
    Legs and Arms

Squat 3x8 @75/85/90 (may be able to increase next week)

Leg press
    4x12
    Found out the sled weight was 118 so weights are
    168/188/208/208

1 legged leg press 3x12 @ empty sled (118)
    Biceps curl 3x12 @15/15/10
    Tricep pushup 3x10 @ BW

Step ups 3x10 @10/10/5
    Cable bicep curls 3x15 @ 15/20/20
    Tricep pushdown 3x12 @ 25

Leg Curl 3x10 @ 50
    Conc. Curl 3x12 @ 12
    Tricep Ext 3x12 @ 12

Seriously happy with these numbers considering that about 4 weeks ago, I started back with a squat of 20 pounds on the smith machine and then couldn't walk for 3 days Strength is coming back quickly and I am seeing some small progress physique wise. Scale isn't moving a whole lot but im not too worried. I set it up for total cals at 1400 trying to shed the fat a bit quickly. We will see how it goes.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gorgeous suit! I'd say put some stones on it, but I'm partial to sparkly chit.

Just looked up Japan female BB comps on youtube, and came across a video of figure posing routines from older competitors. One used the theme song from Ghost in the Shell 3, and another used the Japanese version of "Let it Go" taking her hair down like Elsa does lol. Definitely noticing with these videos that you don't see many competitors with implants, or tons of padding. Guess it ties into the emphasis on a natural look.

That workout's looking great, rockangel! Congrats on the strength gains!!!



Gorgeous suit! I'd say put some stones on it, but I'm partial to sparkly chit.

Just looked up Japan female BB comps on youtube, and came across a video of figure posing routines from older competitors. One used the theme song from Ghost in the Shell 3, and another used the Japanese version of "Let it Go" taking her hair down like Elsa does lol. Definitely noticing with these videos that you don't see many competitors with implants, or tons of padding. Guess it ties into the emphasis on a natural look.
    I'm into sparkly chit too. Ive been agonizing over what pattern and what color stones to put on it. I will probably spend another 200 in stones and months figuring out what I want, lol.

I'm hoping my implants here don't hold me back too much, but I wouldn't change them anyways.

That workout's looking great, rockangel! Congrats on the strength gains!!!
    Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how fast its coming back, hopefully soon I will be back up to my old weights and pushing harder. I need more glutes and legs. Well really everything, lol.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Day 2
    Chest/Choppers

Flat Bench BB 3x 10 @60/60/65

DB Flyes 3x10 @ 15/20/20
    MB Vertical Chop 3x15 @8

Machine Press 3x12 @20/30/30
    Low to high Chop 3x15 @25/25/20

1 Arm Lying DB Press 3x12 @15
    Horizontal Chopp 3x15 @20

Machine Flye 3x15 @30/40/40

Cardio: Treadmill 20 minuties at 2.9 MPH and 10% incline
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am bad at keeping up in Journals and just realized you started up again!

Glad to see you all made it safe and are setting in Japan.
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    I am bad at keeping up in Journals and just realized you started up again!

Glad to see you all made it safe and are setting in Japan.
    Thank you!

I decided to start a new journal because I thought this was a different point in life

Things are settling into somewhat of a rhythm here. My daughter started gymnastics (tumbling) yesterday and will do ballet class today. Gym life is getting more normalized, my hubby even started working out on his own plan. I like working out with him, he pushes me to do more and having the reliable spot is nice too

I am using Avatar nutrition for macros, which is layne Norton's online nutrition plan thing. Figured I would give it a try for 10 bucks a month. It has differing goals you can choose and differing levels within those goals. So I chose fat loss and a medium aggressive deficit with a loss rate of 1.4 pounds a week. Cals are set right about 1400 with macros as
    P 118
    F 46
    C 125

I haven't been on it long enough yet to say too much about the results or effectiveness and such, but today was my weigh in day. I did not lose scale weight, but have lost an inch around my waist so far. Physically I could see that this morning which is why I measured. I am also noticing my booty is perkier and my quads are looking nicer, so I'm hoping that is muscle coming back. Strength and lifts are going up also. So far so good.

I have decided not to do cheat meals for as long as I can and just stick to macros. While my diet is mostly (90%) nutrient dense, I do work in a bit of other stuff into the macros. This has been working so far, so I will stick to it. Besides, there isn't a whole lot of "fast food" options here, and most things like hamburgers and such, I can make healthier options that taste better. There is a MC D's right outside of one of the base gyms here, and it does smell good, its not that tempting. I don't enjoy mc d's all that much. Though I would probably kill over some IHOP pancakes We are planning a trip to Osaka to eat at Hooters... for the wings of course!

Day 3 of training yesterday
    Back and posterior chain

1 Arm DB Row 3x10 @ 30

Pull ups (assisted with 35 lb band) 3 x AMAP @5/4/4

Pulldown 4x12 @ 55/40/40/40
    Pull Thru 4x12 @ 30/35/40/40

Deadlifts 3x12 @ 95 (try increase next week)
    SB lateral leg raises 3x12 @ BW

Straight Arm Pull Down 3x15 @35/35/30
    BB Hip Thrust 3x12 @ 35 (may increase next week)

Cardio: 16 minutes Treadmill incline walk at 12% incline and speed 2.7 mph. All I could do for this day.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Thursday
    Day 4
    Delts and Abs

Seated DB Press 4x10 @ 15/20/20/15

DB Seated Side raises 3x10 10
    Inverted Situps 3x12 @ BW

DB Upright row 3x10 @ 15
    SB Exchange 3 x 12

DB front raise 3x12 @ 10

Cardio: Treadmill Incline walking 2.7 mph at 12% incline 20 minutes

Friday
    Day 5
    Arms and deloading legs

Machine Dips 4x8 @ 50/60/70/70
    Alt DB Curls 4x8 @ 15
    BW Squats 4 x15

Lying Tricep Ext 3x8 @ 10
    Preacher curls DB 3x10 @ 10
    Alt BW Lunges 3x10 el

OH Rope Extension 3x10 @ 20/25/25
    Alt DB Hammer Curl 3x10 @ 12

Zottman Curls 3x12 @12/10/10
    Tricep Pushdown 3x12 @ 20

No cardio, but took some time to sit in the sauna for recovery. I have noticed that by Friday, I am out of gas. It makes me glad that Sat and Sun are rest days.

Saturday: Slept in and then we went walking downtown Sasebo and in the Ginza, which is a shopping center type thing. Its basically a street where all the shops are, but cars are not allowed to drive through and there is a cover so its nice if it is raining. It was a beautiful day, if cold and it was an interesting walk. Did about 5 miles total.

Also picked up a new kitchen aid mixer which I have had my eye on for months. Cant wait to cook with it

Sunday: Rest day. I'm not doing in anything really. May do some light yoga later depending on how I feel but that's about it. Soreness is gone and I do feel better and more relaxed. Just gotta figure out gym hours for tomorrow since its a federal holiday and all. I'm so tired of the holidays messing with my gym schedule.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Sunday, I did not do yoga. Instead I decided to bake and made Twinkie cupcakes. Good but calorie dense! So I just fit it in my macros.

Yesterday, the weight room in the gym was closed due to the federal holiday. So I did my leg workout with what I had because I really want to keep the lifting schedule Mon-Fri and rest days on the weekends.

Day 1
    Legs and Arms

Glute Machine 3x10 @ 50

Leg Curl 3x10 @ 70/60/55

Curl 3x10 @ 15
    Pushdown 3x10 @ 25/30/30

Leg Press 3x10 @ 110/130/150
    Calf Press 3x12 @ 110/130/150

OH Ext 3x12 @ 25
    Conc Curl 3x12 @ 12

I was disappointed that they closed the weight room as I was really looking forward to increasing on squat and leg press but it is what it is.

Nutrition is still on point and tracking macros is going well. The scale is starting to inch down a bit. Its interesting because before, I could always lose about 1 pound a week pretty consistently. Now, coming from a lay off, the scale isn't moving very fast yet, but I am definitely seeing changes so its a different experience. Overall, I think the layoff may have been a good thing as it allowed me to get through school and A LOT of stress dropped off with that. I am much more relaxed now and I think I have more intensity and focus in the gym than I did in the last year before the layoff.

I'm looking forward to tonights work out
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Sunday, I did not do yoga. Instead I decided to bake and made Twinkie cupcakes. Good but calorie dense! So I just fit it in my macros.
    I am officially drooling at the thought of those cupcakes. ZOMG!

Yesterday, the weight room in the gym was closed due to the federal holiday. So I did my leg workout with what I had because I really want to keep the lifting schedule Mon-Fri and rest days on the weekends.

Day 1
    Legs and Arms

Glute Machine 3x10 @ 50

Leg Curl 3x10 @ 70/60/55

Curl 3x10 @ 15
    Pushdown 3x10 @ 25/30/30

Leg Press 3x10 @ 110/130/150
    Calf Press 3x12 @ 110/130/150

OH Ext 3x12 @ 25
    Conc Curl 3x12 @ 12
    SOLID workout for that weight room being closed! Nicely done!

Overall, I think the layoff may have been a good thing as it allowed me to get through school and A LOT of stress dropped off with that. I am much more relaxed now and I think I have more intensity and focus in the gym than I did in the last year before the layoff.
    Stress is one of the BEST weights we can drop. So glad to hear about the relaxation and intensity and focus. . . great gains! ;^D



Things are settling into somewhat of a rhythm here. My daughter started gymnastics (tumbling) yesterday and will do ballet class today. Gym life is getting more normalized, my hubby even started working out on his own plan. I like working out with him, he pushes me to do more and having the reliable spot is nice too
    Awesome! I can definitely relate to the comments on working out with your s.o. When working out at Jay's, even though we can't work out at the same time, I still feel like I'm pushing a bit harder. Reliable spotter is a big plus.

I am using Avatar nutrition for macros, which is layne Norton's online nutrition plan thing. Figured I would give it a try for 10 bucks a month. It has differing goals you can choose and differing levels within those goals. So I chose fat loss and a medium aggressive deficit with a loss rate of 1.4 pounds a week.
    Sounds nifty. I find having stuff like fitness/nutrition apps (or sites in my case), especially ones your paying for, helps with sticking to things better. It's a little bit more accountability, which makes it harder to let yourself convince yourself to get off track.
    I was disappointed that they closed the weight room as I was really looking forward to increasing on squat and leg press but it is what it is.
    The gym closed just the weight room for the holiday?

Nutrition is still on point and tracking macros is going well. The scale is starting to inch down a bit. Its interesting because before, I could always lose about 1 pound a week pretty consistently. Now, coming from a lay off, the scale isn't moving very fast yet, but I am definitely seeing changes so its a different experience. Overall, I think the layoff may have been a good thing as it allowed me to get through school and A LOT of stress dropped off with that. I am much more relaxed now and I think I have more intensity and focus in the gym than I did in the last year before the layoff.
    I can relate to this, and without the lay off. I feel like my previous cuts have been easier/quicker, but I also feel like that's a good thing. I don't think I'm letting myself rationalize stupid crap that would have me under eating, or habits like rounding up so my cals will say they're in a healthy deficit when they're not, or just barely. This also means my cheat meals have to be reigned in because without the super aggressive deficit, it's not as easy to get away with. It's difficult being patient, but I don't feel so drained like I have in the past cutting cals.

I'm glad the layoff helped you get through some things, and drop a load of stress. It's nice when you can get chit off your shoulders so you can focus on what's important to you.

I am officially drooling at the thought of those cupcakes. ZOMG!

SOLID workout for that weight room being closed! Nicely done!

Stress is one of the BEST weights we can drop. So glad to hear about the relaxation and intensity and focus. . . great gains! ;^D
    The cupcakes were so good! I put a pic on my IG.

And thank you! The workout felt solid, and the 2 weeks I ran this workout during the holidays I felt I got stronger and then smashed the leg press and squat the following week. So while I'm not happy about not getting in the weight room, I do feel it has its uses.

Awesome! I can definitely relate to the comments on working out with your s.o. When working out at Jay's, even though we can't work out at the same time, I still feel like I'm pushing a bit harder. Reliable spotter is a big plus.

Sounds nifty. I find having stuff like fitness/nutrition apps (or sites in my case), especially ones your paying for, helps with sticking to things better. It's a little bit more accountability, which makes it harder to let yourself convince yourself to get off track.
    The gym closed just the weight room for the holiday?

I can relate to this, and without the lay off. I feel like my previous cuts have been easier/quicker, but I also feel like that's a good thing. I don't think I'm letting myself rationalize stupid crap that would have me under eating, or habits like rounding up so my cals will say they're in a healthy deficit when they're not, or just barely. This also means my cheat meals have to be reigned in because without the super aggressive deficit, it's not as easy to get away with. It's difficult being patient, but I don't feel so drained like I have in the past cutting cals.

I'm glad the layoff helped you get through some things, and drop a load of stress. It's nice when you can get chit off your shoulders so you can focus on what's important to you.
    My hubby is in an odd place right now it seems. He hasn't been back to work out but he is seeing his doc and taking care of other health issues so I'm at least happy that he is paying more attention to his health. I hate to nag him but I am concerned.

And the Navy is super odd. Some times what makes "Navy sense" does not make common sense. So the Navy in all its intelligence decided that the best way to beat obesity out of the sailors was to have a pilot test of a program that allows the gym to be open 24/7. Sasebo just happens to be one of 6 places where they are testing this out at. The Navy, again in all its glorious wisdom, also has a standing policy that if there are barbells in an area, then 2 workers must be present in order to have the facility open. So the Navy fixed this by putting all the weights in a room that can be locked. When no workers are present, the room is locked and here, its only open a few hours a day because of "budget issues" or them not wanting to pay people to sit there. So the 24/7 part is open, but its just cardio and selecterized machines with a set of dumbells and a bench.

We have 2 "bases", a working base where the ships and main work is done, and a living base where people just live. I live on the living base, lol. So our gym here is small and doesn't have as much equipment or get as much attention. The gym on main base (working base) is super sweet, nice equipment, gets lots of money and attention because its mainly where the sailors are. They also have a 24/7 facility but it is not in the main gym, its in its own little building and does not have weights.
    Here is a little article about it.
    https://www.navytimes.com/articles/n...n-the-military

I don't work out at the main base because its a 30 minute drive and you have to pay tolls, this gets expensive when you make multiple trips. Also, I don't have a license yet :/ hubby does. If you go the way that doesn't have tolls, its about an hour drive or more, depending on the time of day (traffic).

Living in a foreign country with the military presents some challenges at times. I could get a membership to a Japanese one, but again, the culture here is different and my tattoos would be a problem along with the fact that most facilities are not set up for bodybuilding. There is a couple of gyms I know of that are for body building, but they are 2 hours away.

Anyways, I cant believe how super stressful the last year or so has been. With school and this move now over, I feel the weight of it is off and that made me realize just how stressed I had been. I am not losing weight as fast as I have in the past, but I find that so far, I don't need the cheat because I just make it fit my macros, but there are changes, My clothes fit better I don't know if this is the lay off and I am gaining muscle back, or if I have just learned how to diet smarter and not harder.

It sounds like yours may be the diet smarter strategy. I agree its difficult being patient. I never felt drained physically, but I did feel will power was more of an issue. Like I could stick to the diet knowing I was gonna get pizza at the end of the week and I just had to hang on. I felt like I was good at sticking to the deficit before, but now it seems easier and I'm not "holding on".
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

[QUOTE=rockangel;1479554031]
    My hubby is in an odd place right now it seems. He hasn't been back to work out but he is seeing his doc and taking care of other health issues so I'm at least happy that he is paying more attention to his health. I hate to nag him but I am concerned.[quote]
    I know the feeling. I with my boyfriend would worry about his health a bit more, so I wouldn't have to. He does construction, working with all kinds of crap including asbestos, and won't wear a fluffin' face mask. My granddad (was in the Navy as well ) never smoked, but died of lung cancer, so it really annoys me he doesn't take that more seriously.
    And the Navy is super odd. Some times what makes "Navy sense" does not make common sense. So the Navy in all its intelligence decided that the best way to beat obesity out of the sailors was to have a pilot test of a program that allows the gym to be open 24/7. Sasebo just happens to be one of 6 places where they are testing this out at. The Navy, again in all its glorious wisdom, also has a standing policy that if there are barbells in an area, then 2 workers must be present in order to have the facility open. So the Navy fixed this by putting all the weights in a room that can be locked. When no workers are present, the room is locked and here, its only open a few hours a day because of "budget issues" or them not wanting to pay people to sit there. So the 24/7 part is open, but its just cardio and selecterized machines with a set of dumbells and a bench.
    I heard obesity is an issue in the military in general. You'd think they can trust soldiers to use a gym, especially with the hopes they'll be in better shape. Maybe just have a requirement that no one use it alone, but not necessarily lock it up. I mean, they're all adults. Sign a waiver like they do in regular gyms if need be. Thanks for the link, I'll give that a read.

Living in a foreign country with the military presents some challenges at times. I could get a membership to a Japanese one, but again, the culture here is different and my tattoos would be a problem along with the fact that most facilities are not set up for bodybuilding. There is a couple of gyms I know of that are for body building, but they are 2 hours away.
    Geez man, that's a lot of obstacles just to be able to workout. Just hearing people mention annoying gym people makes me appreciate being able to work out at home, but travel restraints, gym restraints, is a whole different level of frustrating.
    It sounds like yours may be the diet smarter strategy. I agree its difficult being patient. I never felt drained physically, but I did feel will power was more of an issue. Like I could stick to the diet knowing I was gonna get pizza at the end of the week and I just had to hang on. I felt like I was good at sticking to the deficit before, but now it seems easier and I'm not "holding on".
    I still have cheat days, but I like to drink, and that's no so easy to fit into a deficit, and macros. lol. It's not a lot though, mostly just a couple drinks on a Fri or Sat some weekends. Probably end up at maintenance or a little above so I don't blow the whole week. At least I assume so since I'm making progress. Would I lose more if I didn't? Probably, but I'm making progress, and not feeling deprived. Feels sustainable, vs "if I can just keep eating chitty like this until I lose 'x' pounds, I'll be ok."

[QUOTE=LunaLifts;1479563931][QUOTE=rockangel;1479554031]
    My hubby is in an odd place right now it seems. He hasn't been back to work out but he is seeing his doc and taking care of other health issues so I'm at least happy that he is paying more attention to his health. I hate to nag him but I am concerned.
    I know the feeling. I with my boyfriend would worry about his health a bit more, so I wouldn't have to. He does construction, working with all kinds of crap including asbestos, and won't wear a fluffin' face mask. My granddad (was in the Navy as well ) never smoked, but died of lung cancer, so it really annoys me he doesn't take that more seriously.

I heard obesity is an issue in the military in general. You'd think they can trust soldiers to use a gym, especially with the hopes they'll be in better shape. Maybe just have a requirement that no one use it alone, but not necessarily lock it up. I mean, they're all adults. Sign a waiver like they do in regular gyms if need be. Thanks for the link, I'll give that a read.

Geez man, that's a lot of obstacles just to be able to workout. Just hearing people mention annoying gym people makes me appreciate being able to work out at home, but travel restraints, gym restraints, is a whole different level of frustrating.

I still have cheat days, but I like to drink, and that's no so easy to fit into a deficit, and macros. lol. It's not a lot though, mostly just a couple drinks on a Fri or Sat some weekends. Probably end up at maintenance or a little above so I don't blow the whole week. At least I assume so since I'm making progress. Would I lose more if I didn't? Probably, but I'm making progress, and not feeling deprived. Feels sustainable, vs "if I can just keep eating chitty like this until I lose 'x' pounds, I'll be ok."
    Yes, you would think people would be adults and could be trusted but, there have been a lot of "international incidents" from Japan which include alcohol and drunk driving. Last year a Sailor was sent to Japanese prison for drunk driving, killed a mother and critically injured a child, and a few months ago, another chick got drunk and drove the wrong way causing accidents. These prompted the Navy to stop all sales of alcohol on base, state that no one could drink on or off base, and then locked everyone on base for a time. Now the younger sailors have a curfew, everyone must stop drinking and leave the bar or establishment at midnight, lower ranking must be back on base by midnight. So there is a pattern here of distrust.
    We went through a good 2 hour lecture on this in the Area Orientation Brief (AOB) the first week we were here.

But of course, the navy doesn't help the obesity issue by sticking a McDonalds, Chili's, and a bar all in front of the gym.... so yeah.

For Training this week:

Day 2
    Chest and Choppers

Flat Bench DB 3x10 @ 20/25/25

DB Flyes 3x10 @ 15
    MB Vertical Chop 3x15 @10

Machine Press 3x12 @50
    Low to high Chop 3x15 @15/20/20

1 Arm Lying DB Press 3x12 @20
    Horizontal Chopp 3x15 @20

Machine Flye 3x15 @30/40/45
    Russian Twist 3x15 @10

Cardio: Treadmill 20 minuties at 2.7 MPH and 12% incline

Day 3 of training
    Back and posterior chain

1 Arm DB Row 3x10 @ 30/25/25

Seated Row 4x12 @40/50/50
    Hyperextension 4x12 @ BW

Pulldown 4x12 @ 40
    Pull Thru 4x12 @ 35

Deadlifts 3x12 @ 100/10/105
    SB lateral leg raises 3x12 @ BW

Straight Arm Pull Down 3x15 @25/35/35
    BB Hip Thrust 3x12 @ 45/50/50

Cardio: 20 minutes Treadmill incline walk at 12% incline and speed 2.7 mph.

Day 4
    Delts and Abs

Seated DB Press 4x10 @ 20/20/15/15

DB Seated Side raises 3x10 @12

DB Upright row 3x10 @ 15
    Hanging Leg raises 3 x 12

DB front raise 3x12 @ 12

Cardio: Treadmill Incline walking 2.7 mph at 15% incline 15 minutes with 5 min cool down (20 mins total)

Friday
    Day 5
    Arms and deloading legs

Machine Dips 4x8 @ 70
    Alt DB Curls 4x8 @ 15/20/20/20
    BW Squats 4 x15

Lying Tricep Ext 3x8 @ 15
    Preacher curls DB 3x10 @ 15/12/12
    Alt BW Lunges 3x10 el

OH Rope Extension 3x10 @ 25
    Alt DB Hammer Curl 3x10 @ 12/15/20

Zottman Curls 3x12 @12
    Tricep Pushdown 3x12 @ 25

No cardio but did about 10 mins of posing practice. I finally got video of it but I feel like turning the camera on made me go dumb. Forgot things and went too fast, so its good I got the camera on. Still got things to improve on.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Omg, that's terrible.
    And yeah, while it's possible to pick stuff from those places that aren't complete calorie bombs, it's hard to get out of the gym feeling hungry from working out, and then try to be moderate, or pick better options at places like that. Especially when you're just starting out, and haven't made your choices into habits, and a lifestyle.

Way to go on the workouts and posing practice.

Omg, that's terrible.
    And yeah, while it's possible to pick stuff from those places that aren't complete calorie bombs, it's hard to get out of the gym feeling hungry from working out, and then try to be moderate, or pick better options at places like that. Especially when you're just starting out, and haven't made your choices into habits, and a lifestyle.

Way to go on the workouts and posing practice.
    Thanks!
    This week felt solid. Many of the lifts are still going up.

Forgot to add that I got the call and have been offered the full time position at the gym. I accepted while I await news on the medical job. Not sure of a start date yet as I have some paperwork to complete.

I spent today meal planning and bought groceries.

And cleaned up my youtube account. My son kept logging in as me accidentally so there was all this stuff he had commented, liked and subscribed to. Got one of the vids uploaded for posing practice, don't mind my crazy look, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBK6mxjxwVo
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice job...you can definitely tell how much you've invested in posing. And might I add i'm digging the seahorse shirt!
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

So glad you shared that posing practice link! So cool to get to see how this whole process works. . . and your posing was fun! Great energy to it! (And DITTO about that SHIRT!!!! ZOMG!!!!)

PS Congrats on the job! :^D



Originally Posted by aquamarine84 View Post
    Nice job...you can definitely tell how much you've invested in posing. And might I add i'm digging the seahorse shirt!
    So glad you shared that posing practice link! So cool to get to see how this whole process works. . . and your posing was fun! Great energy to it! (And DITTO about that SHIRT!!!! ZOMG!!!!)

PS Congrats on the job! :^D
    Thank you! I felt like the posing was sloppy, too fast, and I left out some things. So there is definitely work to do. I will have to video more. Its much easier to do when you are alone and no one is "watching". Plus I need to be able to not rely on the mirror, no mirror on stage!

Ive been working on it for what feels like forever. Been to posing clinics and had a pageant coach work with me on the walk. The walk is easier in heels, lol. Once I get closer to a comp, I will amp up the posing, in heels, to about 15 - 20 minutes. My clear heels got a bit smushed during the move, so I haven't decided if I need a new pair of if these will be ok. They are good enough for now.

And the shirt says "I believe in me" along with the pic of the seahorse, saw it and had to have it! I love shirts that have sayings on them.

And the job is gonna be interesting.

Either way, hubby said no competing unless I got a job to pay for it, the show that I would want to do is 2 hours from here and 140 bucks in tolls alone. The NPCJ card is 1000 yen (or $100), then there is the usual show fees. He hates the expenses.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Oh my what a week it has been!

Monday I was so excited to get to the gym. Mondays are squat days and my fav. But for some reason, all day I kept having dizzy spells. I was not dehydrated or hypoglycemic so I don't know what it could have been. Anxiety perhaps? I didn't go to the gym which was sad. Later that night, my stepmom messages me to let me know that my Dad was having some health issues but was refusing to go to the doc.

Tuesday, my dad is still having issues so my stepmom forces him to go to the hospital. Its either his blood pressure or a blockage in his heart, he stayed through Wednesday.
    Went to the gym but didn't want to do day 2 chest. I hate missing leg day and was concerned that maybe getting under the bar wasn't the best idea. So did the Alternative leg day instead

Day 1
    Legs and Arms

Glute Machine 3x10 @ 60

Leg Curl 3x10 @ 70/65/60

I leg Press 3x10 @90
    Curl 3x10 @ 15
    Pushdown 3x10 @ 25/30/30

Leg Press 3x10 @ 170/180/190
    Calf Press 3x12 @ 170/180/170

OH Ext 3x12 @ 25/30/30
    Conc Curl 3x12 @ 15/12/12

Wednesday:
    Got my Japanese drivers license which means I can drive on 3 continents now. Learned that because Trump signed the federal hiring freeze, I will not be starting my job next week. Its on ice until he lifts it, at which time, HR will let me know. I was bummed, stressed, and fighting the urge to go eat. Didn't eat, stayed on track, but it wasn't easy.

Decided to do day 4 as day 3 is leg day again. just gonna flip flop them.
    Day 3
    Delts and Abs

Seated DB Press 4x10 @ 20/20/20/15

DB Seated Side raises 3x10 @12

DB Upright row 3x10 @ 15/20/20
    Hanging Leg raises 3 x 12 BW

DB front raise 3x12 @ 15

Cardio: 15 mins on elliptical

So far today, finished my presentation for my internship, so I am done with it. I'm just waiting on the prof to update the grade to be official.
    Weight has not shifted, which is frustrating. I know I'm high enough in BF and weight that it should be going down. But I try and temper that with the knowledge that stuff is happening, I am progressing. Strength is up and going up, I have lost 1 inch on my waist and half an inch on my thighs, clothes fit better, so there is progress beyond the weight. But its still annoying.

Tonight I will be doing the regular day 3 leg routine and then tomorrow will do day 5.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

What a week, indeed! Sucks about the freeze, hope you're feeling better. . . And that your dad is as well. :^( Congrats on the driver's license,mthough, and to listening to what you needed and for the workout flexibility! Um, and the inches!! That's awesome!!



What a week, indeed! Sucks about the freeze, hope you're feeling better. . . And that your dad is as well. :^( Congrats on the driver's license,mthough, and to listening to what you needed and for the workout flexibility! Um, and the inches!! That's awesome!!
    Thanks! Its such a mixed bag this week. I joked with my hubby that not starting the job means that I will have more time in the gym, so trying to find the good in it.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh my what a week it has been!

Monday I was so excited to get to the gym. Mondays are squat days and my fav. But for some reason, all day I kept having dizzy spells. I was not dehydrated or hypoglycemic so I don't know what it could have been. Anxiety perhaps? I didn't go to the gym which was sad. Later that night, my stepmom messages me to let me know that my Dad was having some health issues but was refusing to go to the doc.

Tuesday, my dad is still having issues so my stepmom forces him to go to the hospital. Its either his blood pressure or a blockage in his heart, he stayed through Wednesday.

Wednesday:
    Got my Japanese drivers license which means I can drive on 3 continents now. Learned that because Trump signed the federal hiring freeze, I will not be starting my job next week. Its on ice until he lifts it, at which time, HR will let me know. I was bummed, stressed, and fighting the urge to go eat. Didn't eat, stayed on track, but it wasn't easy.

So far today, finished my presentation for my internship, so I am done with it. I'm just waiting on the prof to update the grade to be official.
    Weight has not shifted, which is frustrating. I know I'm high enough in BF and weight that it should be going down. But I try and temper that with the knowledge that stuff is happening, I am progressing. Strength is up and going up, I have lost 1 inch on my waist and half an inch on my thighs, clothes fit better, so there is progress beyond the weight. But its still annoying.
    hope dad is ok

yeah on the drivers license , sorry about the job but go you for staying on track

I am with you about the weight not moving Im in a similar place it is indeed annoying
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.