Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Weight loss causing hair loss or just bad genetics?

Thread title, lost 40 lbs in 6 months (majority in first 3) and my hairline has been receding at a much quicker rate. I'm 22.

NikoMadsen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I doubt it... Lets say you lost 30lbs in 3 months, I have personally done that and I dont believe that it would result in hair loss for most people.

You have to be honest with yourself here lol How thick is your hair, has your hair maybe always been thin, Have the men in your family lost their hair etc ?

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Could be due to the weight loss if it has messed up your hormones. I know it often happens to patients who have weight loss surgery. May be worthwhile to discuss with your Dr if the change is substantial.

Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NikoMadsen1 View Post
    I doubt it... Lets say you lost 30lbs in 3 months, I have personally done that and I dont believe that it would result in hair loss for most people.

You have to be honest with yourself here lol How thick is your hair, has your hair maybe always been thin, Have the men in your family lost their hair etc ?
    I've always had thick hair, it started really receding within the past 6 months i'd say, it's not really thinning out so much as it's just receding at the temples (still lots on the top).
    One grandparent still has his hair, the other was bald. My dad's hair thinned but he isn't anywhere close to bald.

NikoMadsen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kreytus View Post
    I've always had thick hair, it started really receding within the past 6 months i'd say, it's not really thinning out so much as it's just receding at the temples (still lots on the top).
    One grandparent still has his hair, the other was bald. My dad's hair thinned but he isn't anywhere close to bald.
    **** maybe go see a Dr... Thats kind of weird I must say so yeah go see and doctor and maybe stop using any new hair products if you have been using any.

alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Weight loss alone shouldn't affect your hair, But stress from the whole ordeal could have caused the thinning of your hair. Also, if you have been on a diet you could have been missing out on certain vitamins that is important for the health of your hair. For example, protein is very Important for your hair. Maybe if you've been cutting back on certain meats it can be the cause of your hair loss.

AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes and other nutrients too, zinc deficiency has been found to cause some hair loss, i dont know how reliable but i lost some hair i think maybe it because i wack off a lot and was zinc deficient. I bout some zinc and magnesium pills. Peanuts good too.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hair loss is linked to weight loss through physiological stress. Google "Telogen Effluvium", lots of stuff to read.

Not much you can do about it, except cut more slowly.

DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It could be that your diet is deficient in key nutrients so your hair ended up on the chopping block. If that is the case then you can experiment with supplements or change the foods you eat.

If it isn't a vitamin, mineral, or macro deficiency. You're probably screwed.
    Do not be shy to PM :)

MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DougRarer View Post
    It could be that your diet is deficient in key nutrients so your hair ended up on the chopping block. If that is the case then you can experiment with supplements or change the foods you eat.

If it isn't a vitamin, mineral, or macro deficiency. You're probably screwed.
    Yeah, I doubt it is because of the weight loss itself. It is either a key nutrient deficiency or just your genetics. I'm 28, only slight receding on one side of temple, still thick and luscious hair overall. My relative lost most of his hair at 22. The fact that you lost weight may just be correlation.

pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I doubt it.

When i tested my B12 and iron levels back in july, they were within the 'normal' range. That was 2 months into the cut, IDK how long it takes for the effect to show up in one's blood though. I'll go to the doctor on Sat. and see what he says. Hopefully I'm not completely bald by then lol.

MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500) MalsorRifleman is not very helpful. (-500)
    When i tested my B12 and iron levels back in july, they were within the 'normal' range. That was 2 months into the cut, IDK how long it takes for the effect to show up in one's blood though. I'll go to the doctor on Sat. and see what he says. Hopefully I'm not completely bald by then lol.
    If you happen to have poor hair genetics, don't sweat it too much. Utilize head wear well, shave it off if you have the head shape for it, and just get in good shape. Control what you can, accept what you can't.

Either way, I predict hair loss being reversible (without painful and expensive surgery) within the next couple decades.

Originally Posted by MalsorRifleman View Post
    If you happen to have poor hair genetics, don't sweat it too much. Utilize head wear well, shave it off if you have the head shape for it, and just get in good shape. Control what you can, accept what you can't.

Either way, I predict hair loss being reversible (without painful and expensive surgery) within the next couple decades.
    Ya I understand if it's genetics not much can be done about it, just thought it seemed really odd that it really ramped up in the last 6 months and my hair genetics seem somewhat decent from looking at my relatives. Maybe i just got 'lucky'.

DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) DougRarer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm never sure on tests due to how there are different tests for different levels (as an example what is in the blood vs stored levels; both Iron and B12 can be stored). That and there is different levels that an individuals body utilizes nutrients.

My hair actually became darker and healthier looking upon eating sardines (added fatty acids? B12? who knows).

You could try a B complex supplement. Good ones will have 100% of Folic acid and Biotin plus 500+% (even 6,000+%) of the others. I wouldn't be surprised if it effects someones life positively in at least one way (insomnia, hunger, depression, anxiety, energy, etc although certain things require mega dose therapy of certain ones). If that doesn't work then others like E, omega-3, etc.

Some things to consider/discuss with doctor.
    Do not be shy to PM :)