Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twoforme2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When it comes to audio, you are only limited by your wallet.

You can find speakers from $10 to $100k!

My advice is figure out how much you want to spend and then find what is in your price range.

There are a lot of speakers that do a good job of reproducing music accurately (if that is indeed what you want).

horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500) horsediente is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Linux music server for the win! Depending on what you use to play your music, setting up a dedicated music server is not a bad idea. I resurrected an old 2006-ish pc, installed Linux Mint, and use it to house my .flac music library. Audio sounds 100x better under Linux than in Windows for a dozen nerdy reasons I will not get in to. It is a good option for those who want significantly improved quality without having to take a hit on lossy bluetooth audio compression. I output to an old Onkyo home theater system and it sounds fantastic. Also, God listens to Slayer, and so do I, in my gym.
    -- I savagely abuse my equipment, in the most tender and loving way possible --

fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Garage:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Not...2Bspeaker&th=1

For the living room, kitchen, and bedroom I have 2 Amazon Echo versions, a Bose Soundbar System, and a Bose portable speaker. But for the money on the garage item, you can't beat it and the sound quality is above decent. Anything else you are just being picky!
    Crossfit = A LOT of doctor visits.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is where my gym audio setup is at right now. It consists of the following.

Yamaha TSR-5970 receiver
    4x RBH coaxial ceiling speakers

Right now, it's only hooked up to play Bluetooth. I'm not sure what to do with the screen yet, thinking of just letting it display surveillance cameras constantly. I'm throwing around the idea of turning an old PC laying around into an Openelec streaming box, and either hooking it up to the screen, or a 2nd screen. Fear is making the setup too complicated for anyone to operate but me. Would like to add a subwoofer or two, but don't want to give up any floor space for that. Could maybe do ceiling mounted infinite baffle subs, but not sure drop ceiling tiles could support that kind of weight.

Picked up everything at the local Goodwill for just under $100

20201222_171345.jpg
    20201222_171353_HDR.jpg
    20201222_171405.jpg

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    This is where my gym audio setup is at right now. It consists of the following.

Yamaha TSR-5970 receiver
    4x RBH coaxial ceiling speakers

Right now, it's only hooked up to play Bluetooth. I'm not sure what to do with the screen yet, thinking of just letting it display surveillance cameras constantly. I'm throwing around the idea of turning an old PC laying around into an Openelec streaming box, and either hooking it up to the screen, or a 2nd screen. Fear is making the setup too complicated for anyone to operate but me. Would like to add a subwoofer or two, but don't want to give up any floor space for that. Could maybe do ceiling mounted infinite baffle subs, but not sure drop ceiling tiles could support that kind of weight.

Picked up everything at the local Goodwill for just under $100

Attachment 9293693
    Attachment 9293703
    Attachment 9293713
    good job. I figured I would take the audio talk here. You got a good deal on your gear.
    I was hesitant too with adding a subwoofer ( floor space) but it made a huge difference in sound. Yes I know its a gym but I've always been serious about my tunes!
    As I stated in the other thread I kept it rather simple too. Everything running through an AV receiver and then to 50" TV. Power is plugged into a Monster Conditioner. A bit overkill, but I had it lying around.

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm running an Onkyo AVR that i retired from HT duty. It's connected to a Chromecast Audio, and we stream from our phone apps. Curent speakers are DIY Sound group Volt 10s in the angled boxes mounted at ceiling height and an old Sony 12" sub
    Last edited by RGrizzzz; 12-23-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    QSC KS118 powered subwoofer
    2 or 4 K12 or K10 powered speakers
    Denon DN-410X mixer is good but discontinued, something similar Alesis, Mackie, etc. You'll want it Bluetooth enabled so you can feed it wirelessly. You should also consider a CD/DVD player input. It will get loud with decent bass. My garage has some Eastern Acoustic Works wedge monitors, and an old Yamaha powered mixer for a sound system - it can get louder than my dust collector and table saw)))

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    good job. I figured I would take the audio talk here. You got a good deal on your gear.
    I was hesitant too with adding a subwoofer ( floor space) but it made a huge difference in sound. Yes I know its a gym but I've always been serious about my tunes!
    As I stated in the other thread I kept it rather simple too. Everything running through an AV receiver and then to 50" TV. Power is plugged into a Monster Conditioner. A bit overkill, but I had it lying around.
    I'm a bit of an audio/electronics hoarder, so I've got a few subwoofer choices on hand. I currently have two 8" Velodyne DLS-R, two DIY 3'x2' boxes, with a 15" car sub in each powered by a 1000wpc Crown dsp amp, two Jamo 100w bridged mono block amps. If I could find a way to mount a bare woofer securely to ceiling tiles, I could wall mount the Jamo mono blocks to power them, without taking any floor space.

Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I'm running an Onkyo AVR that i retired from HT duty. It's connected to a Chromecast Audio, and we stream from our phone apps. Curent speakers are DIY Sound group Volt 10s in the angled boxes mounted at ceiling height and an old Sony 12" sub
    I tried adding in a CCA to my setup as well. But being in a commercial area, the wifi interference from having 50+ networks in close proximity causes constant drop outs. When CCA was announced to be discontinued, I bought 5 of them, which have just been sitting in my hoard. I'm also considering just putting a 4k Chromecast onto the AVR, and have it function for audio and video. That would make the UI for user friendly for the non technically inclined sharing my gym with me.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Sonos, man. Sonos.
    I’m in the Sonos crew with this guy, since it’s what I have in the rest of my house.

In the morning when I wake up, I say "Hey Siri, let’s lift", the lights in my gym and on the way to it all come on to appropriate levels (dimmer near the bedroom where my wife is still sleeping), and my hard rock playlist starts blasting in the gym (sound insulation is top notch in this house). It’s great.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm a bit of an audio/electronics hoarder, so I've got a few subwoofer choices on hand. I currently have two 8" Velodyne DLS-R, two DIY 3'x2' boxes, with a 15" car sub in each powered by a 1000wpc Crown dsp amp, two Jamo 100w bridged mono block amps. If I could find a way to mount a bare woofer securely to ceiling tiles, I could wall mount the Jamo mono blocks to power them, without taking any floor space.

I tried adding in a CCA to my setup as well. But being in a commercial area, the wifi interference from having 50+ networks in close proximity causes constant drop outs. When CCA was announced to be discontinued, I bought 5 of them, which have just been sitting in my hoard. I'm also considering just putting a 4k Chromecast onto the AVR, and have it function for audio and video. That would make the UI for user friendly for the non technically inclined sharing my gym with me.
    I'm lucky the gym is one of the few rooms I did not hard wire for internet. But luckily the wifi signal is pretty good. I stream music occasionally but I have a pretty big collection of music physical & digital I use mostly.

img host

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

My buddy was telling me the CCA prices on eBay are nuts. Check it out, if they need a new home.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mine is fairly simple.

Old Pioneer 50" Plasma that just won't die.
    Yamaha AVR
    Apple TV
    Polk 10" sub
    2 cheap bookshelf speakers (forget what they are)

Can listen to music via Airplay/Apple TV or watch a movie.
    AVR, Sub, and Apple TV are under the desk.

*Edit - just noticed this thread is a couple of years old and I posted back in 2018. I guess this is where it landed.

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

I'm lucky the gym is one of the few rooms I did not hard wire for internet. But luckily the wifi signal is pretty good. I stream music occasionally but I have a pretty big collection of music physical & digital I use mostly.

img host
    Mine's wired for internet already, but the jack is on the opposite side of where I wall mounted everything. There's a jack on the same wall, but I'll have to tone trace it, and see if it's even cat5. I have a huge physical media collection as well. Probably 500+ each of CDs and vinyl, maybe 200 cassettes, and a dozen or so R2R albums.But nowadays, I only really listen to the CDs I've ripped to my NAS. I guess I could access all that in my gym if I setup a Plex server at home. But my music tastes are probably too eccentric, and not exactly workout motivational.

Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    My buddy was telling me the CCA prices on eBay are nuts. Check it out, if they need a new home.
    Yeah, looks like they're going for 2-3x what I paid. I suspected it would happen when it was announced they were going to discontinue it, just like it did for the logitech squeeze box. I'm an electronics hoarder though, so I'll probably keep hoarding them. Or just give them away as gifts when I forget to buy people gifts.

Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    Mine is fairly simple.

Old Pioneer 50" Plasma that just won't die.
    Yamaha AVR
    Apple TV
    Polk 10" sub
    2 cheap bookshelf speakers (forget what they are)

Can listen to music via Airplay/Apple TV or watch a movie.

AVR, Sub, and Apple TV are under the desk.

*Edit - just noticed this thread is a couple of years old and I posted back in 2018. I guess this is where it landed.

Nice looking room, excellent setup.

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice looking room, excellent setup.
    Thank you. Still would like to find a lat pulldown/low row. I'd also like to rearrange some things when I get a chance. Mostly just swapping the room around so the treadmill is facing the tv.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm now using a pair of RCF ART10A speakers and a Yamaha DXS12 sub.

They're connected to a SONOS Connect via an ART Clean Box Pro.

Rock concert SPLs are achievable, and it can become quite nauseating if the system is turned up too loud.

I'd recommend anyone that wants LOUD to check out some pro-audio gear. Domestic level gear simply doesn't compare.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We just have a Flip 5 and Sirius. Suits us just fine.

heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're into Apple, OWC has a decent price on the HomePod. It's not audiophile, but I'm fairly impressed. I ordered a 2nd to try a stereo setup.
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe

Managed to add subs today without losing any floor space. Only feeding 50wpc to each sub, but just trying to get another octave out of music, not trying to simulate earthquakes.
    Attached Images

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Sonos, man. Sonos.
    I have a system too install which cost me thousands , and I’m kind of regretting I didn’t take the Sonos route .
    I see their subs 100 bucks off this week , and I heard this sub before and it actually was fairly impressive for its size
    https://www.sonos.com/en-ca/shop/sub.html
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I have a system too install which cost me thousands , and I’m kind of regretting I didn’t take the Sonos route .
    I see their subs 100 bucks off this week , and I heard this sub before and it actually was fairly impressive for its size
    https://www.sonos.com/en-ca/shop/sub.html
    That's a crazy looking sub. Looks like some sort of planar isobaric design.

https://assets.fastcompany.com/image...b-division.jpg