LongTimeOwen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help with Cutting Diet PLease!

Hi guys,

I need help with my cutting diet as I am currently 6 foot and 107kg (235lbs) ~20% BF (maybe more)
    I am following Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 Simplest Strength Template Training 4 times/week.

This is the Diet I was thinking of:

Meal 1 - Breakfast (6am)
    Combat Whey - 1 scoop
    Scotts Rolled Oats 20g
    Semi Skimmed Milk 300mls

Meal 2 (10am)
    Fish Oil Capsule
    Princes Tinned Tuna
    1tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Cheese 30g
    Salad

Meal 3 - Pre-Workout (2pm)
    Brown Rice 80g
    Chicken 200g
    Egg White 3tbsp
    Soy Sauce 3tsp
    1/2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Meal 4 - Intra-Workout
    Pump HD
    BCAA 1 Scoop
    1 Bannana

Meal 5 - Post Workout (6pm)
    Combat Whey - 2 scoop
    Pistachio Nuts (25g)
    Creatine

Meal 5 - Post Workout (7pm)
    Chicken 200g
    Baked sweet 200g without skin
    Broccoli 50g
    Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp

Meal 6 (9pm)
    Fish Oil Capsule
    Avacado 1/2
    Egg White (3tbsp)

This plan gives 2491 calories. Protein: 245.3 Carbs: 186.5 Fat: 83

Any advice on this? What do you think? Is this a good starting place for someone in my position ?

Thanks guys!

alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) alices00ze has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First, for all of the "quick and easy" weight loss diet pill suggestions, remember, if something sounds too good to be true... it probably is, particularly if you have to pay for it.

On Yahoo!Answers I find certain questions being asked repeatedly which is simply a reflection of new people participating. A couple of common questions amount to "How do I lose weight," or more specifically, "How do I lose abdominal fat?" I have gotten very positive responses from my answers when I paused to reply (and now beginning to get "It works!" emails that are very gratifying. I like helping people)... so have recently decided to put a good solid answer on my Yahoo!360 Blog (September 10) that I can point people to. These are my thoughts as a physician and athlete.

Don't target losing more than about 2 lbs per week. If you try to lose faster, your body will go into "starvation mode" and get very stingy about burning calories while at the same time very efficient about storing any calories that you do provide. And it will make you feel awful.

There is no site specific way of losing fat... the old myth about working your abs to burn belly fat isn't true. To get rid of love handles, you need to lose overall fat. That happens with exercise and watching your diet. More on that below.

The most effective way to lose fat is aerobic exercise in the "moderate" fat-burning range, ideally first thing in the morning before you eat. When you wake your body is ready to burn fat and your levels of growth hormone are highest at that time. Later in the day it can take up to 30 minutes just to put your body into a fat-burning mode.

Another overlooked way to burn fat is by lifting weights. Skeletal muscle has very high caloric needs... almost twice that of adipose (fat) tissue. Put on a little muscle and you will burn calories all day even at rest. Be aware that skeletal muscle weighs more, so with this approach you may see your weight increasing while your body fat is melting away. Not realizing this often stresses folks who think they should be losing weight as a measure of fitness. Forget the scale, look in the mirror and you will be happy.

To lose a pound of fat, you need to eliminate about 3500 calories. You can do this by burning more with exercise or by modifying your diet to reduce intake. If you do a Google search on say, "swimming calories" you will quickly find a website with tables of calories burned for a given exercise. You can use such lists to estimate how many calories you are burning up with your routine.

For diet, keep a diary for a couple of weeks counting calories, grams of protein, and grams of fat intake. It is easy with online sources of nutritional information (type the name of the food and calories into the Google search engine) and packaging labels. That will let you quickly figure out where the fat is coming from in your diet.

Fat gives you 9 calories per gram. So take the number of grams of fat, multiply by 9, then calculate what percentage the fat calories are of your total daily calories. Restricting the calories from fat to about 20% of your total intake is ideal for a maintenance diet... that isn't overly restrictive. Of note, you need some fat in your diet. For instance, the body uses fat to produce hormones. Once you have a picture of how to modify your diet, you can drop the diary and just go back to it occasionally if you are wanting to tweek things further.

There is a subset of questions that goes further and asks about "How to get a six-pack?" The answer is the same. Six-packs are 20% abdominal exercise and 80% diet. There is one caveat... abdominal muscles will form in the position that you work them, so be certain to pull them tightly toward your spine while doing crunches, etc. Also, during most lifting, the "core is active" which means that you should be stabilizing with contracted abs then too. Fail to do this and the abs will form, but bulging outward and the result is not attractive.

If you are trying to build muscle as a way to lose fat, then you may need to increase total calories and specifically your protein intake. I target about 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight each day when actively building. That is far more protein than most people need in their diets.

LongTimeOwen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's a very good copy and paste but i'm looking for specific advice about my diet

DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LongTimeOwen View Post
    That's a very good copy and paste but i'm looking for specific advice about my diet
    Posts like yours are a bit pointless, your not gonna eat the same **** every day without going mad, and meal timing isn't important.

So asking is this any good... and listing bro meals at bro times isn't going to get much response. Where we can help you is if you ask "are these macros OK?"

So delete all the meal plan crap and just ask is 2491 calories. Protein: 245.3 Carbs: 186.5 Fat: 83 ok for cutting.

I would say lower your calories by reducing your protein. 160g of protein is enough for most people and that will bring your calories down to 2100. I'm 6'4'' and cut on 2000 calories, 174 grams of protein, the rest is split between carbs and fat,minimum of 55g fat but can do anything above that
    Dont diet and exercise - Eat and train!

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alices00ze View Post
    These are my thoughts as a physician and athlete.

Don't target losing more than about 2 lbs per week. If you try to lose faster, your body will go into "starvation mode" and get very stingy about burning calories while at the same time very efficient about storing any calories that you do provide. And it will make you feel awful.

The most effective way to lose fat is aerobic exercise in the "moderate" fat-burning range, ideally first thing in the morning before you eat. When you wake your body is ready to burn fat and your levels of growth hormone are highest at that time. Later in the day it can take up to 30 minutes just to put your body into a fat-burning mode.
    First line seems to directly contradict the frankly ludicrous 'science' in the other paragraphs.

Regardless, OP, set meal plans aren't a great idea. Just work out your macros, your calories, and eat to fit around that.
    Won't you die of boredom on that eventually? What I like to do is design a few meals that contain a set percentage of my daily macros (So 3 meals a day each designed meal would be 33% of your calories/protein/fat) and then just swap and change them in as needed to keep the days interesting. But really learning how to eat relatively normally is a much better way to ensure any cut will be effective long term.
    IIFYM

Start Weight : 300
    Goal Weight : 200
    Aug/Sep Motivation Thread: 262 | 260.8 | 258.8 | 257.2 | 255 | 264.5 | 256.3 | 254.4

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need that much protein, 180 grams would be fine

Social media influencer AWillis's Avatar
    AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AWillis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @ 107kg i'd say you are closer to 30% bf unless you got some serious muscle. you'd probably have to get to 170 to be very lean.

base your calories on the lean version of you. 2500 a day sounds too much for me unless you are very active throughout the day. if you aren't losing fat you are eating too much.

are you seriously taking, pre-workout, intra workout, and post workout supplements?

if you aren't losing fat. drop the above crap and spend that money on real food.
    Subjecting yourself to self imposed discipline is the surest way to increase the quality of your existence

Never accept defeat

Cobra Kai Crew

The opposite of courage, in our society, is not cowardice but conformity

JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everything is very cool, I will take for myself a note