rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rydin4life is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Plateau - Need a Little Advice & Motivation

I started tracking macros and calories back in March of 2015 at 288.2lbs and dropped steadily through June of 2016 hitting a low of 227.2lbs. Since then, I've been fluctuating and not counting things 100% accurately and have been floating around 235lbs and 22.7% body fat. The body fat was measured with a hand-held device, not that's obviously not 100% accurate, but I use it as a guideline. Today, I weight in at 235.8 after weighing 234.8 last week and 239 the week before and just want to make sure that I'm tracking everything correctly. I workout four times a week (upper A, Les Mills Body Combat, lower, upper B) and have a few questions.

1) I'm using an activity level of 1.2 or 1.3. I work a sedentary desk job from 8-5 Monday through Friday and workout four times a week as stated above. Does that seem appropriate?

2) I'm using a deficit of 20% (BMR at 2160 calories plus activity level of 1.3 = 2807 TDEE. With a 20% deficit, that puts me at 2246 calories)

3) For macros, I'm now using protein and fat at lean body mass where I was using protein at total body weight before. Right now I'm at the following macros:
    Protein: 182
    Carbs: 195
    Fat: 82

Does all of that sound OK? Any suggestions aside from the usual "eat less, move more"? I have been doing a better job of logging food accurately, but I'm sure there's still areas for improvement.

JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Glad to hear you managed to push through your first plateau, Kasperow. Now that you know they are part of the process and have some tools at your disposal to help you overcome them, you needn't fear the plateaus that lie ahead. Look on them instead as challenges that, once conquered, lead to further growth as a guitarist. Thanks for your comment and for inspiring this piece.

Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100) Puloma is not very well liked. (-100)
    A weight loss plateau is a stage where you hit the stop button even after a diligent workout scheme. Here are some tips you can try, to break the plateau:
    1) Increase protein intake
    2) Drop calorie intake
    3) Eat healthy fats like almonds, cashews peanuts, pecans
    4) Stay hydrated 5)Sleep tight for 8 hrs
    5) Try intermittent fasting

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Puloma View Post
    A weight loss plateau is a stage where you hit the stop button even after a diligent workout scheme. Here are some tips you can try, to break the plateau:
    1) Increase protein intake
    2) Drop calorie intake
    3) Eat healthy fats like almonds, cashews peanuts, pecans
    4) Stay hydrated 5)Sleep tight for 8 hrs
    5) Try intermittent fasting
    One post suggesting you're a guitarist (Which a quick google reveals is a 3 year old post on a guitarist forum) and one telling you to eat at certain times of day in order to lose fat. Grand.

Keep tracking correctly, macros look fine to me. See how your weight changes over the next few weeks then lower calories if need be to adjust.
    IIFYM

Start Weight : 300
    Goal Weight : 200
    Aug/Sep Motivation Thread: 262 | 260.8 | 258.8 | 257.2 | 255 | 264.5 | 256.3 | 254.4