Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Nutritionist in Training BennoMac's Avatar
    BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Still upsetting child's i see
    Weight Loss - 123 pounds in Total
    Currently - Reverse Dieting --- Aiming - Lean Bulk

Lift Records > Bulking Goals
    Deadlift - 451 Pounds > 500+ Pounds
    Squat - 330 Pounds > 400+ Pounds
    Bench - 230 Pounds > 300+ Pounds
    Lean Bulk Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174862061&p=1522650541#post1522650541

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BennoMac View Post
    Still upsetting child's i see
    I simply can't avoid it... kids hate me
    You're a complex, feeling, living organism existing on a planet orbiting the sun in the vastness of the universe, and you're concerned about weighing your spinach to the precise gram? Makes sense...

*No-Tracking Crew* -- AKA, eat whatever I want, whenever I want, however much I want crew.

BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennoMac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I simply can't avoid it... kids hate me
    Perhaps need to offer free candy. (Not seedy at all)

Lean Bulk Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174862061&p=1522650541#post1522650541

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deadlift went up 10lb, but it meant my BB Rows suffered afterward... sadly.

I'm starting to wonder if my pull days have too much volume... not sure really.
    You're a complex, feeling, living organism existing on a planet orbiting the sun in the vastness of the universe, and you're concerned about weighing your spinach to the precise gram? Makes sense...

*No-Tracking Crew* -- AKA, eat whatever I want, whenever I want, however much I want crew.

Deadlift went up 10lb, but it meant my BB Rows suffered afterward... sadly.

I'm starting to wonder if my pull days have too much volume... not sure really.
    Thats why i switched to a upper lower days so i can do alternate so i can focus on the deadlifts.

Originally Posted by BennoMac View Post
    Thats why i switched to a upper lower days so i can do alternate so i can focus on the deadlifts.
    Nice!

I will be taking a 'break' from the forums for a while.

I recently read a few books concerning recovery and changes in lifestyle/mentality around fitness and food, and I really believe I am in a better place to manage these parts of my life outside of bb.com threads.

I think the messages on here are getting more and more strict, controlled, and I simply do not enjoy the 'diet mindset' everyone has... constantly cutting and bulking and never being happy with how we look. It's just not conducive to my own success and happiness.

I'm ready to be a 'normal' person again... eat what I want, when I want, however much I want, and just enjoy myself every day.

Thanks for any and all support I've had on here.

Hope to see you again in a while!

Take care man! See in maybe later

Final thoughts.....

I'm not setting a hard date for when I'll be back, but I wanted to give an explanation as I think it might resonate with some other folks on here and perhaps motivate you to take a similar 'break'.

What I have come to realize now, after 14 years lifting weights, is that - as is true in all life's pursuits - we can never assume our thoughts exist in someone else's mind. I have made the error of projecting my own issues onto other people on this forums at times, assuming that when people track, count, dissect their diets, that they surely must have the same obsessions that I do and allow the tracking/calorie counting approach to distract them from what really matters.

I'm sure that is probably true for many, but I'm also sure that other people can and do track what they consume and truly not let it distract them at all.

For me, I don't think that is the case right now.

I've chosen to leave for a while (hopefully not forever but, who knows) because I don't see the meticulousness around nutrition to offer enough benefit for the cost it is for me. Once I start tracking, I simply end up thinking about it all the time. It's not convenient to have this all-or-nothing mindset toward this kind of thing, but it is there, and I want to be free from it.

I have chosen to not know what my exact calorie, protein, fat, and carb intake is.

I've chosen not to log things into MFP, not check cronometer for micro breakdowns, and not seek external validation as to whether I am 'doing it right' or 'optimally' from experts.

If i'm hungry, regardless of my intake for the day, I'm going to eat... whatever I feel like. Some days that will and - i'm sure - has landed me in a VERY large surplus sometimes, but I am OK with that. Happiness / satisfaction > leanness. It's not like I'm going to become overweight or obese and unhealthy.

So this is my farewell to tracking, to control, to listening to guidelines and hoping they steer me correctly.

I'm just going to wake up, do what I feel like, eat to perform and feel good, and enjoy the hell out of it.

I'll be lifting of course... but hopefully this will give me even more pleasure in that process, too.

Time to get big and be happy for the rest of my life.

It's a choice, after all, being happy. I've made mine

Final thoughts.....

Time to get big and be happy for the rest of my life.

It's a choice, after all, being happy. I've made mine
    Respect!
    Take care man. I hope this break helps you realize that you are only human.