Thread: Macros Problem

Asian0916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Macros Problem

I'm 16 yo, 5'5, 79kg. I'm currently cutting down so I need to track my macros. I'm eating 2070cals ( 256g of carbs, 145g of proteins, 51g of fat ). I always eat too much fats and I had trouble to control it. Should I count my fats when I'm cutting and bulking? Coz I saw many guys just count carbs and protein...
    And how can I stay low for my fat intake as I have trouble buying lots of lean meat?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    At 16 you really shouldn't be counting anything initially, in my opinion. Just cut out junk food and/or eat smaller portion sizes and train hard. If you still have issues after doing this for a month, then consider counting calories. Typical macronutrient guidelines you see thrown around here were studied in adults and do not necessarily apply to people your age. That said, for people who want to count calories it makes sense to count everything.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Asian0916 View Post
    I'm 16 yo, 5'5, 79kg. I'm currently cutting down so I need to track my macros. I'm eating 2070cals ( 256g of carbs, 145g of proteins, 51g of fat ). I always eat too much fats and I had trouble to control it. Should I count my fats when I'm cutting and bulking? Coz I saw many guys just count carbs and protein...
    And how can I stay low for my fat intake as I have trouble buying lots of lean meat?
    If anything, cut carbs and increase fats if you desire more fat in your diet. Fats play too important of a role in healthy hormonal function and you don't want to mess with that at your age. Similarly, protein is very important for both muscular development as well as overall physical development in your age. Both fats and protein also control hunger much better than carbs.

Carbs are far more optional. Focus on eating a wide variety of fruits and veggies over processed and high content carb foods and I'm sure you'll find that you've gotten more food volume and good nutrients with less total carbs consumed, allowing you to increase fats and feel awesome as well as progress in your cut.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    At 16 you really shouldn't be counting anything initially, in my opinion. Just cut out junk food and/or eat smaller portion sizes and train hard. If you still have issues after doing this for a month, then consider counting calories. Typical macronutrient guidelines you see thrown around here were studied in adults and do not necessarily apply to people your age. That said, for people who want to count calories it makes sense to count everything.
    So u mean i should quit counting calories and just focus on healthy foods?? But how can I ensure I eat enough protein at the end of the day?

Originally Posted by ArchangelEST View Post
    If anything, cut carbs and increase fats if you desire more fat in your diet. Fats play too important of a role in healthy hormonal function and you don't want to mess with that at your age. Similarly, protein is very important for both muscular development as well as overall physical development in your age. Both fats and protein also control hunger much better than carbs.

Carbs are far more optional. Focus on eating a wide variety of fruits and veggies over processed and high content carb foods and I'm sure you'll find that you've gotten more food volume and good nutrients with less total carbs consumed, allowing you to increase fats and feel awesome as well as progress in your cut.
    Does carbs in veggies and fruits count ??

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Asian0916 View Post
    So u mean i should quit counting calories and just focus on healthy foods?? But how can I ensure I eat enough protein at the end of the day?
    You will be fine.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823