M114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Racing heart, almost fainted

Hello, I've been working out for 3 years and been doing pretty well I'd say, always working out at high intensity to maximize gains, like everyone else (hopefully). However, yesterday something very scary happened. While doing seated chest flies, I suddenly felt lightheaded and wondered wtf was happening, I ripped my earphones out and realized that my heart was beating crazy fast, like nothing I've ever felt before. It felt like atleast 3 beats per second and it was obviously not beating that fast due to me training and becoming exhausted. This was something else. I tried bumping my fist into my left side of the chest (where the heart is) to try to make it stop, but it wouldn't. I then got up, as I was almost fainting, and asked some people to call an ambulance as I was afraid that I would die lmao. The people around me helped and after 1-2 minutes my heart went back to pretty much normal.

It was insane and I'm afraid to go back to the gym, as you might understand.
    I'm 18 years old, been working out for 3 years, took no pre-workouts or anything, and I have a healthy diet, I would say.

What could have caused this? Can it occur randomly or do I need to get it checked out? My heart feels normal today, although it feels like it's beating a little bit harder than pre-incident (could be placebo).

Please give me some advice

dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50) dublindanny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey,

What did the medics say when they got there? Did you go see a doctor about it?
    It could be anything from a tiny hiccup that will never happen again, right up to a very serious heart condition that needs immediate attention.

Only a checkup by someone qualified can help you on this one.
    I'm speaking from experience. Get it checked out or you won't be able to work out without the phobia of the same thing (or worse) happening again.

All the best,

Danny
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    - Thomas A. Edison

Yeah that's what I'm fearing as well, I'll always have that fear in the back of my head that it's going to happen again.. ****.
    They cancelled it since my heart-rate went back to normal after a couple of minutes, I haven't seen a doctor about it yet, going later today, just want to see if anyone on here has some advice / if it has ever happened to them. I googled (which isn't good in situations like these I know) and tachycardia sounds pretty much like it, no idea though..

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This sounds like a medical condition. Something you should speak with a health care professional about. Not ask teens on a form. Go get looked at. None of us can tell you what's wrong with your heart.
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!

Originally Posted by Pain Zone View Post
    This sounds like a medical condition. Something you should speak with a health care professional about. Not ask teens on a form. Go get looked at. None of us can tell you what's wrong with your heart.
    Yeah, will do, just wanted to see if someone else has had any experience with it