Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Gustavo DID NOT belong in that lineup!

There is NO WAY Gustavo should have placed ahead of Heath. He is the BLOCKIEST competitor on the lineup. Does symmetry not matter anymore?
    There were many other more deserving pros on the show who were better conditioned, more symmetrical or both. Gustavo has nothing going up against the top dogs, the most muscular is his only good pose, he gets owned in ALL of the compulsories, even by lower ranked competitors like Ruhl, Warren and Rockel.
    The photo below shows that Heath was not far behind Freeman, in symmetry and conditioning...but Gustavo? What were the judges thinking?!?
    Attached Images

mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When a man can step on stage with all these competitors and still look jacked next to them all then that enough said. I happened to think that gustavo looked good this year and personally I think it was the best Gustavo we've seen. The man deserved what he got in my opinion and so did the rest of the top guys. I thought Rockel should have placed higher but im no IFBB judge.
    men's and women's streetwear www.thefamshop.com
    www.********.com/THEFAMstreetwear

Controlled Substance MCWlightsout's Avatar
    MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCWlightsout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    judging by back thickness in that picture I say he did

JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I thought he looked pretty good.

Some folks that were at the show said he seems to have much better control of his waist during poses, but between he looked 13 months pregnant. And it's DURING the pose that matters.
    Meet PRs @220
    Squat: 675, (8-22-2008)
    Bench: 455, (8-22-2008)
    Deadlift: 611, (3-29-2008)
    Total: 1735, (8-22-2008)

BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100)
    No, I think he held his own.

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is there a way he can get his love handle area/obliques surgically DEcreased?

So he isn't blocky looking..? I wonder if any competitors have done something like that... Not tooo far out from synthol use.

East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) East1600plus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Glenn Gould View Post
    There is NO WAY Gustavo should have placed ahead of Heath. He is the BLOCKIEST competitor on the lineup. Does symmetry not matter anymore?
    There were many other more deserving pros on the show who were better conditioned, more symmetrical or both. Gustavo has nothing going up against the top dogs, the most muscular is his only good pose, he gets owned in ALL of the compulsories, even by lower ranked competitors like Ruhl, Warren and Rockel.
    The photo below shows that Heath was not far behind Freeman, in symmetry and conditioning...but Gustavo? What were the judges thinking?!?
    u know what symmetry is? i think u get that and proportions mixed up...take 1 half of his body and take the other half...split down the middle ya hes symmetrical for the most part...the obliques are horrible but his back definition is better than heath's (if thats the guy on the right)

JNo20--...i think it should matter the whole time not just during the pose to keep your abs under control...i love the line in pumping iron with the ballet instructor (remember people are just watching you from here to there (pose to pose) they are watching you in between too...i think that can be a deciding factor or should be
    Last edited by East1600plus; 03-06-2007 at 01:17 PM.
    "it's alright man, you can laugh. I laughed when you walked in" - Jay Cutler
    ««•Power stance, BOOM•»»
    **Husker Football Nation**

heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) heftizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everybody knows that Gustavo can't get rid of the water in his hams, glutes and lower back. It is the best in bodybuilding from the side shots and very good in all of his front poses. You take his worst pose and post that. You have to remember that Phil also has a very small back. Yeah, there is a lot of detail but there is no width or thickness to it. Once he brings that up then he will get his due, but every serious Mr. O contender has a great back in all of those departments; detail, width and thickness.

freako71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Off Topic

@weltweitefurcht:

Sorry, for the off topic but what do you mean with "weltweitefurcht" ?
    Is that a music group ?

Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gustavo looks like a powerlifter. I think he's in the wrong sport. He should have chosen wrestling, powerlifting, rugby or something like that. No doubt he is big, in fact, I'd say his legs are probably too big, they detract from his aesthetics and make him look even blockier. Chest is large but flat (check out the lat spread pic below next to Dexter) Back has amateur-level detail, notice that in the top 6 lineup photo I posted Gustavo is the one with the LEAST detail and thickness, and that's not even counting legs and glutes. Width? yeah, he is wide, but in bodybuilding there's something called the "V taper", made famous by greats like Lee Haney, Sergio Oliva and Brian Buchanan. It basically means that you need to have a certain shoulder-width-to-waist ratio to look like a champion. No point in being wide when your waist is 42''.
    Attached Images

polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polish_sensatio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry Symmetry

Symmetry is so over-rated, it's only one aspect of the sport, and I believe that guys who train and lift harder will have less symetry. It's guys like Dexter and Cormier that piss me off, all they have to do is diet for 8 weeks and shoot some rocket fuel and bamn, they look good enough for competition. t's guy's like Cutler, Branch and Gustavo that deserve all the respect as they work and diet there ass's off to look sick, so what if they are not as symetrical, they're freaks and they deserve the higher placings

BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    His tan was way off the those other dudes too!

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gustavo looks like a powerlifter. I think he's in the wrong sport. He should have chosen wrestling, powerlifting, rugby or something like that. No doubt he is big, in fact, I'd say his legs are probably too big, they detract from his aesthetics and make him look even blockier. Chest is large but flat (check out the lat spread pic below next to Dexter) Back has amateur-level detail, notice that in the top 6 lineup photo I posted Gustavo is the one with the LEAST detail and thickness, and that's not even counting legs and glutes. Width? yeah, he is wide, but in bodybuilding there's something called the "V taper", made famous by greats like Lee Haney, Sergio Oliva and Brian Buchanan. It basically means that you need to have a certain shoulder-width-to-waist ratio to look like a champion. No point in being wide when your waist is 42''.

I agree. Gustavo is way too blocky to be considered a top 10 bodybuilder in my eyes. I witnessed his rise a few years back and even then I was not overly impressed with him. But after he tried to play the mass game and ruined his already less than stellar lines with a distended gut my dislike of him as grown.

Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyclops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If he competed in those sports he be banned instantly after a drug test. You need to remember bodybuilding isn't really a sport, it's a beauty pageant, you can't compare rugby and bodybuilding.

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by heftizzle View Post
    Everybody knows that Gustavo can't get rid of the water in his hams, glutes and lower back. It is the best in bodybuilding from the side shots and very good in all of his front poses. You take his worst pose and post that. You have to remember that Phil also has a very small back. Yeah, there is a lot of detail but there is no width or thickness to it. Once he brings that up then he will get his due, but every serious Mr. O contender has a great back in all of those departments; detail, width and thickness.
    Bingo! Once Heath thickens and widens that back and maintains the level of detail he has now, bar the doors and lock the shutters. The kid is on his way to acheiving amazing things in BB'ing
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freako71 View Post
    @weltweitefurcht:

Sorry, for the off topic but what do you mean with "weltweitefurcht" ?
    Is that a music group ?
    Haha, it means "World Wide Fear".

Were you a member before your current Screen name? (the 1 post)

redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Freemans back looks soft and undefined in that pic.........I still say the guy is overrated..........

I want to play a game... JIGSAW's Avatar
    JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by redlinedrummer View Post
    Freemans back looks soft and undefined in that pic.........I still say the guy is overrated..........
    And thats why you have no business on these boards............Freeman's back is sick!!!

redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redlinedrummer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pnstps View Post
    And thats why you have no business on these boards............Freeman's back is sick!!!
    First of all Moron I have every right to be on these boards...And there is not a dam thing you can do about it little boy!!!!!!!!!!!

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First of all Moron I have every right to be on these boards...And there is not a dam thing you can do about it little boy!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's a previlege, hence the reason why mods can take that previlege away. Speaking of which...

tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tviceman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gustavo's midsection has gotten worse in the past two years. His frame is now too blocky for me to be considered "asthetic."

However, based on the first picture provided, his back DID have more detail than Freeman's. It did not, though, have the nearly the same v-taper as either Freeman or Heath.

Gustavo was gifted that spot, and even if he improved as the night went on, based on the pictures and videos, I think Gustavo should have been placed behind Heath. But, of course, "I'm not an IFBB judge, so STFU."
    www.myspace.com/tonyvitale

rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think gustavo's placing was right on. while aesthetics, symmetry, proportion, and v taper are obviously very important some of you are underestimating the most important factor to bodybuilding...MASS, and gustavo has plenty of that, probably more than anyone in that show besides ruhl and maybe vic. to say his only pose is the most muscular is also ridiculous. he has probably one of the best side tri shots in the history of bodybuilding. he won the challenge round in the 2005 olympia for a reason. if you're a fan of classic physiques with lines, proportion, small waists, thats fine...but if you're pissed about gustavo placing so high in the asc with his blocky waist and stomach, you must also be real pissed about the placings at the last 3 or 4 olympias. long live the mass monsters!

rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000) rdouble79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ok we get it you don't like freeman as you post everywhere else, but i thought this post was about Gustavo whom i agree is blocky and should have placed behind heath. By the way Freeman isn"t overated he"s getting his just due
    Double R

freako71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

off topic

Originally Posted by weltweitefurcht View Post
    Haha, it means "World Wide Fear".

Were you a member before your current Screen name? (the 1 post)
    @weltweitefurcht:

I know the meaning of the words, but i want to know why do you make this to your user name? It’s just interesting for me...

Yes, this was my first post, because i only reading here a little bit. My english isn’t so well that i can dicuss really.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rocco421 View Post
    i think gustavo's placing was right on. while aesthetics, symmetry, proportion, and v taper are obviously very important some of you are underestimating the most important factor to bodybuilding...MASS,
    stop right there. That is not the most important factor. Victor won cus his size WITH conditioning and aesthetics was just enough to beat Dexter. Remember that Dexter has won the show two years in a row already. Gustavo has thicker limbs than Toney, yet Toney placed ahead...why? Cus he has better lines and aesthetics.

The reason Heath didn't beat Gustavo is cus Gustavo kept improving his conditioning as the show went on. However, if it weren't for that little sharpening up, he would have placed well beneath Heath and might not have even made the posedown.

Originally Posted by freako71 View Post
    @weltweitefurcht:

I know the meaning of the words, but i want to know why do you make this to your user name? It?s just interesting for me...

Yes, this was my first post, because i only reading here a little bit. My english isn?t so well that i can dicuss really.
    Someone had told me once that I was a world wide fear, because I had managed to "influence" certain things in a few countries.. They said this during the time I first made this account, so I thought that would be a good name.

Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000) Number69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tviceman View Post
    Gustavo's midsection has gotten worse in the past two years. His frame is now too blocky for me to be considered "asthetic."

However, based on the first picture provided, his back DID have more detail than Freeman's. It did not, though, have the nearly the same v-taper as either Freeman or Heath.

Gustavo was gifted that spot, and even if he improved as the night went on, based on the pictures and videos, I think Gustavo should have been placed behind Heath. But, of course, "I'm not an IFBB judge, so STFU."
    Look at his routine in the night show and you'll see what his physique is about - "You're not Dexter - you're too big for this sh*t!"

Gustavo knows well he doesn't have Flex Wheeler's symmetry but he does know he has stood toe to toe with Ronnie Coleman and held his own in a few poses, certainly beating him from the side.

Apples and oranges. Unlike the O, the top 5 here were by and large "aesthetic physiques". However, that does not mean the judges can just ignore a heavily muscled physique with good thickness and separation, not to mention tight conditioning.

Finally, if aesthetics were a legitimate judging criterion, and not simply a byproduct of good proportions and symmetry, the sport would be even more subjective and become a hot body contest instead of a bpdybuilding contest. Aesthetics have a role, but only where they are accompanied by thick muscle.
    Carlsberg don't do sexy, but if they did...

rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    stop right there. That is not the most important factor. Victor won cus his size WITH conditioning and aesthetics was just enough to beat Dexter. Remember that Dexter has won the show two years in a row already. Gustavo has thicker limbs than Toney, yet Toney placed ahead...why? Cus he has better lines and aesthetics.

The reason Heath didn't beat Gustavo is cus Gustavo kept improving his conditioning as the show went on. However, if it weren't for that little sharpening up, he would have placed well beneath Heath and might not have even made the posedown.
    thats what im saying. gustavo had size WITH conditioning whereas heath had conditioning with lines and aesthetics and thats why he beat heath and therefore is placing was justified.

MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    I agree. Gustavo is way too blocky to be considered a top 10 bodybuilder in my eyes. I witnessed his rise a few years back and even then I was not overly impressed with him. But after he tried to play the mass game and ruined his already less than stellar lines with a distended gut my dislike of him as grown.
    bump, I watched the Arnold and thought he aesthetics looked horrible. Say want you want about size, thickness, etc., but he didn't deserve to place that high. And if he wants to step on stage with a 42 inch waist or whatever it was, he should work the hell out of his lats, side delts, etc to give him a better taper.
    "A quality physique takes time to create" Frank Zane Mr. Olympia 1977-1979

chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i must say he looked much better than the olympia and he maintained his lines and symetry much better...i think his tan was off and he was a lil of his conditioning at prejudging but he brought a good package to the final.....oh yeah!!...getting tired of his posing routine seems to b the same all the time....
    Train, eat , sleep.....Repeat!!!