Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are a giant- do the refeed at 3000kcal at least.

I don't do any cardio, it effects my weight loss rate, but so far not my fat loss rate(my lean mass is very precious to me) do you have other means of tracking your progress than the scale?

Consider changing from a full body routine to a 3 or 4 day split, then you big complexes won't deplete you and ruin your other lifts. I like to take a full day of rest after legs day then get back at it.

I do have a log, in my sig. Bodyspace tracks weight and progress pics weekly.

I have had great success on my 4 day split, with a moderate energy deficit- my frame is big (admittedly a dwarfish 6"4 to yours) so lean mass and bmr are relatively high considering I have been dieting for 6 months now.

I will be following your log eagerly, and looking forward to seeing what you can pack on your giant bone structure

Keep grinding man, I know how demoralising an injury can be, but the stronger and lighter you get the better it will be.

Luke

PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lukepeter View Post
    You are a giant- do the refeed at 3000kcal at least.

I don't do any cardio, it effects my weight loss rate, but so far not my fat loss rate(my lean mass is very precious to me) do you have other means of tracking your progress than the scale?

Consider changing from a full body routine to a 3 or 4 day split, then you big complexes won't deplete you and ruin your other lifts. I like to take a full day of rest after legs day then get back at it.

I do have a log, in my sig. Bodyspace tracks weight and progress pics weekly.

I have had great success on my 4 day split, with a moderate energy deficit- my frame is big (admittedly a dwarfish 6"4 to yours) so lean mass and bmr are relatively high considering I have been dieting for 6 months now.

I will be following your log eagerly, and looking forward to seeing what you can pack on your giant bone structure

Keep grinding man, I know how demoralising an injury can be, but the stronger and lighter you get the better it will be.

Luke
    Thanks man. 6'4" - i didn't even know they made humans that small . I've just seen your pictures, and you look pretty swole and strong (and without cardio - cool), and 193 cm is still huge.

I can see from you macros that you are hovering around the 2200 cal mark a day, which i wouldn't exactly call a small deficit. But i looks like you're killing it in the gym anyway.

I am continually considering doing some kind of split routine, either push/pull/leg or upper/lower, so i agree with you, and it's coming. But for now the full body is easier to comply with for me. If my back acts up, so i have to skip a day, i don't have to play catch up.
    I do at least leg curls and leg extensions every workout, and then i do home leg workouts on my rest days. My hip and back mobility is improving, and the pain has lessened, with the weight loss, and when i get closer to a "normal weight" i will up my cals, which should enable me to do a proper spilt.

Regarding eating 3000 cals for a "refeed" i'm a little scared to do so. Unlike regular people, i never just walk around during the day. Every time i'm not actively working on something, or walking the dog, i'm laying down. Everything is done in stages, and as soon as i feel my back giving out, i lay down. Even when out shopping with my wife, i often lay down i the middle of an aisle to stop back spasms.
    So i'm missing out on a lot of "passive exercise" that regular people get, so i think my TDEE might be a bit lower than most peoples, but your advise i noted, and i will see how i feel, and take it into consideration. Maybe i'm just dreading the prospect of not losing weight .

I have no other way of tracking, than a measuring tape ( will post measurements), the scale and my gym progression. I benched 120 kg (once) without a spotter yesterday, so i am very pleased with that.

Thank for taking an interest man - i really nice to know somebody is following along.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)
    Goal: 240 lbs (109 kg) (which should be around 20-22 % bodyfat)

Weight:
    04.01.2016: 350 lbs (159 kg) - Highest weight ever
    11.14.2016: 323 lbs (147 kg) - Start of weight loss log here on BB
    06.13.2017: 239.9 lbs (108,8 kg) - Goal reached
    01.01.2019: 297.6 lbs (135 kg) - Life happened - on it again
    06.08.2019: 239,4 lbs (108,6 kg) - Goal reached once more

Fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172898461

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PeteDenmark View Post
    Thanks man. 6'4" - i didn't even know they made humans that small . I've just seen your pictures, and you look pretty swole and strong (and without cardio - cool), and 193 cm is still huge.

I can see from you macros that you are hovering around the 2200 cal mark a day, which i wouldn't exactly call a small deficit. But i looks like you're killing it in the gym anyway.

I am continually considering doing some kind of split routine, either push/pull/leg or upper/lower, so i agree with you, and it's coming. But for now the full body is easier to comply with for me. If my back acts up, so i have to skip a day, i don't have to play catch up.
    I do at least leg curls and leg extensions every workout, and then i do home leg workouts on my rest days. My hip and back mobility is improving, and the pain has lessened, with the weight loss, and when i get closer to a "normal weight" i will up my cals, which should enable me to do a proper spilt.

Regarding eating 3000 cals for a "refeed" i'm a little scared to do so. Unlike regular people, i never just walk around during the day. Every time i'm not actively working on something, or walking the dog, i'm laying down. Everything is done in stages, and as soon as i feel my back giving out, i lay down. Even when out shopping with my wife, i often lay down i the middle of an aisle to stop back spasms.
    So i'm missing out on a lot of "passive exercise" that regular people get, so i think my TDEE might be a bit lower than most peoples, but your advise i noted, and i will see how i feel, and take it into consideration. Maybe i'm just dreading the prospect of not losing weight .

I have no other way of tracking, than a measuring tape ( will post measurements), the scale and my gym progression. I benched 120 kg (once) without a spotter yesterday, so i am very pleased with that.

Thank for taking an interest man - i really nice to know somebody is following along.
    You have lost 20kg in the space of 2 months - with your activity level low you cannot afford to suffer starvation based metabolic depression. Using the 7000kcal to a kg of fat, you can certainly afford one week at 3000, you would probably only put on about half a kg once any waterweight from the carb refeed is gone. I know what it is like to dread seeing an increase on the scale, but long term health is just as important as the gratification and dopamine response that comes from seeing your mass change.

120 kg unassisted is a very respectable lift - assuming your core is able to handle it keep stretching yourself. I did, however, learn the hard way that maxing unaided can hurt you (I dislocated my right shoulder a bunch of times on the rugby field, then went back to heavy lifting a few weeks later - still carrying the damage with me now 2 years down the line).

Have you been through a decent rehab program for your back injury (biokineticist prescribed)? It must be rough having the threat of back spasm constantly hanging over your head - more credit to you that you have made it this far into your transformation.

lastly - be wary of scale obsession - its a short and slippery slope from healthy transformation into eating disorder. One week of hearty eating will not offset your progress by a statistically relevant amount.

Keep grinding man.

Luke

PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteDenmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pictures of progress.

So it's time to get over my vanity, and post some pictures. I had thought about using my expensive DSLRs, lighting setup, and tweak it i post processing, but that's just vanity again.

So here they are from my old shi**y cell phone, with bad lighting, back hair and all.

Body measurements:

Week 1:

Weight 148,5 kg (323 lbs)
    Waist 135 cm (53.1") (only measurement i took)

Week 10:

Weight 134,4 kg (297 lbs)
    Waist bellybutton 124 cm (48.8")
    Waist upper ab 115 cm (45.2")
    Hips 121 cm (47.6")
    Chest 132,5 cm (52.2")
    Bicep relaxed 40 cm (15.7")
    Bicep flex 45 cm (17.7")
    Thigh middle 74 cm (29.1")
    Neck 44 cm (17.3")

Attached Images
    Last edited by PeteDenmark; 01-18-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Strong progress!

You have lost 20kg in the space of 2 months - with your activity level low you cannot afford to suffer starvation based metabolic depression. Using the 7000kcal to a kg of fat, you can certainly afford one week at 3000, you would probably only put on about half a kg once any waterweight from the carb refeed is gone. I know what it is like to dread seeing an increase on the scale, but long term health is just as important as the gratification and dopamine response that comes from seeing your mass change.

120 kg unassisted is a very respectable lift - assuming your core is able to handle it keep stretching yourself. I did, however, learn the hard way that maxing unaided can hurt you (I dislocated my right shoulder a bunch of times on the rugby field, then went back to heavy lifting a few weeks later - still carrying the damage with me now 2 years down the line).

Have you been through a decent rehab program for your back injury (biokineticist prescribed)? It must be rough having the threat of back spasm constantly hanging over your head - more credit to you that you have made it this far into your transformation.

lastly - be wary of scale obsession - its a short and slippery slope from healthy transformation into eating disorder. One week of hearty eating will not offset your progress by a statistically relevant amount.

Keep grinding man.

Luke
    I've lost 13 kg in 2½ months, but you are of course totally right. Even eating 1000 cal's over maintenance wouldn't result in more than 1 kg gain in a week. And eating let's say 3700 cals a day is a LOT of food, when eating whole grain, chicken and healthy fats.
    So will go to the super marked today, and buy salmon, almonds, potatoes, tortilla wraps and some dark chocolate, and have a 3000 cal day .

Regarding rehab i have been probed, prodded, stretched and mobilized to within an inch of my life. Chiropractors, physio therapists, yoga instructors, acupuncturists, surgeons, personal trainers, and a special pain relief and mobility treatment "camp" of sorts. I have enough prescription drugs on hand, to kill an elephant (that i don't take, because it only relieves the symptoms). We don't have health professionals called biokineticist here (i've googled it, and have understood the meaning), so no - i havn't tried that specifically.

What i feel the most relief from though, is still good old fashioned swimming, stretching, bodybuilding and weight loss.

You are of course right (again) with the scale obsession. It's a bad metric for progression. It can be an indicator, but not an accurate one in the short term.
    I guess the reason i focus on it, is because losing weight, is basically such a stupid endeavour. I eat food that tastes more bland than otherwise. I pay good money to go to a place with iron plates you lift up and down. I sit on a bike that isn't going anywhere. I talk about chicken breast and cale. I watch tweens on YouTube with low self esteem whos life goal is to lift things to have girls look at them. Basically i have to make the deeply uninteresting, interesting.
    All this because i over a period have eaten the equivalent of 5cl of olive oil a day too much. When you make a mistake, but correct it, sometimes result are instant. But with this, even though you do everything right, it takes a loooong time to get "forgiveness".
    I have accepted the fact that the results will be gradual, but i order to make the time it takes tolerable, i have to focus on the few things in the journey that i find "entertaining". One of those things is looking at the scale. 1 kg lost, is 1 kg less my spine has to support.

But yes - again you're right - i realize that i have to work up to getting a more holistic approach to this process. Doing things that are basically uncomfortable and/or boring, for the greater good. I think it's called "personal growth".
    I'm monitoring my blood pressure, blood sugar, resting pulse, get's blood work done quite often (my dialysis nurse wife has all the cool equipment and connections to do so), and my metabolic rate has so far not suffered (now vs. when i started to loose weight).

But again - i will take your wise words into consideration, and reevaluate my cals. 1600 was never thought to be for a very long haul - just a kick start until i can fit into this pair of old sh**ty pant that i have, i for some reason love. A totally arbitrary goal - but again - i have to make the uninteresting, interesting.

Damn - it's hard to make myself understood - writing in english is a litlle limiting compared to writing in my own , but i hope you get my meaning.

Once more - thanks for taking an interest - i helps a lot.

Peter
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

To be honest, your English is far better than the majority of first language posters here - If you hadn't mentioned you were a foreign national(relative to my country) I would have assumed you were a native English speaker.

I get you about making the mundane extraordinary - thats why a forum like this is such a useful tool - its like a support group, a bunch of people that know what we go through, and have similar goals, that you can unashamedly talk to about what is a traditionally vain and boring topic for the general populace. Ordinarily you would have to grind away and in the end clap for yourself, then get back to grinding - now at least similar individuals can clap a bit for you also. I like your outlook - I am essentially still an infant, so I am not sure anything I type could be construed as wisdom - but we learn best by burning ourselves, I will occasionally share tales of my scars so others can avoid them

I think we all have the "I will wear these when I am leaner again pants" mine have been in a box for the last 5 years, hopefully a few more months and they will be allowed back in the closet.

Luke

To be honest, your English is far better than the majority of first language posters here - If you hadn't mentioned you were a foreign national(relative to my country) I would have assumed you were a native English speaker.

I get you about making the mundane extraordinary - thats why a forum like this is such a useful tool - its like a support group, a bunch of people that know what we go through, and have similar goals, that you can unashamedly talk to about what is a traditionally vain and boring topic for the general populace. Ordinarily you would have to grind away and in the end clap for yourself, then get back to grinding - now at least similar individuals can clap a bit for you also. I like your outlook - I am essentially still an infant, so I am not sure anything I type could be construed as wisdom - but we learn best by burning ourselves, I will occasionally share tales of my scars so others can avoid them

I think we all have the "I will wear these when I am leaner again pants" mine have been in a box for the last 5 years, hopefully a few more months and they will be allowed back in the closet.

Luke
    Glad my english isn't a hindrance to understanding context - you are very kind.

Just to clarify - the pants i wan't to fit into aren't "skinny pants". They are more like "your are still kinda fat, but you can hide it you wear the right clothes" pants .
    Last edited by PeteDenmark; 01-18-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Weight 134,8 kg (297 lbs)

So yesterday was my first "refeed". In my book it doesn't mean eating junk food. As stated before, eating junk food as a morale booster, would be the same as having a cigarette, after having quit smoking, to celebrate my success. I still keep to my intermittent fasting eating schedule of eating between times 15.00 and 21.00.

I had lined up potatoes, tortilla wraps, peas, salmon, almonds, along with my chicken, peanut butter, oatmeal, eggs etc.

On the kitchen table, i laid out the amount of food i could eat to hit 3000 cals along with my macros. That way i didn't have to calculate each meal during the day. I ate until i felt really full, took a break, and as soon as i felt like i could eat again, i ate.
    Turns out, i didn't eat it all. I mean - i could of course have forced myself to eat, or just eaten 3 spoons of peanut butter, and a ton of almonds, but that seemed counter productive. I felt really full, but had only eaten 2500 cals. 290 g protein, 170 g carbs and 70 g fat.
    Even though i had eaten bread, i hadn't even gained any water weight this morning.

Now - i'm not going to restrict myself, apart from keeping to eating clean and within a time window, over the coming week, but i'm not going to force food in my face, in order to combat the dreaded "starvation mode".

This refeed isn't about my metabolism, it is about getting a mental boost, to keep up my weight loss habits, so i can get to a weight my lumbar region can support.

The whole "starvation mode" discussion is riddled with emotions, anecdotal evidence and misunderstandings, and i think the effect of said mode, is grossly overstated. Of course a caloric deficit will influence thyroid hormones, leptin and insulin. But by what percentage does one caloric deficit vs another affect the BMR in the long term? 3%? 5%?

When i read through different forums, i am still puzzled by the amount of misinformation lodged in a lot of peoples heads. Women won't lift heavy weight, because they don't wan't to look bulky. People doing 10 reps with weights they could have done 30 reps with. Folks doing a ton of gain eating cardio. 8000 cal cheat meal days. Thinking a 20 minute run will offset the calories from a family sized pizza. etc.

In my book it is just calories in vs calories out. When you lose weight, there is such a thing as adaptive thermogenesis. When you lose weight, your body doesn't need as much energy to sustain itself. Muscles needs more energy than fat, so do heavy resistance training and/or HIIT with progressive overload, as it will help you keep the muscle you've got. If you've starved yourself while doing a lot of cardio, your body will have used the amino acids it doesn't get through the food (aka the muscles) as energy, so if you lose compliance with the strict diet, and go back to the way you used to eat, you will gain all the fat back, and then some.

I'm preaching to the choir here - i know, But damn. We are just so good at underestimating how much we eat, and overestimating how much we move. Yes - those fish oil capsules you eat have 20 cals. No - the apple you eat, the fat you fry your food in, and the milk in your coffee isn't free. No - you haven't only eaten 800 cals, and still gained weight.

And then when we stall in a weight loss effort, the confirmation bias kicks in, and we surf the internet to find articles that frees us of personal responsibilities. Frustrated and ignorant people are a powerful force, and if we wan't it to be true that our weight loss efforts are stifled because we are eating too little, then we will find a way to make it so.

Yes - i believe that programs like "the biggest loser" where they ate 1000 cals a day, and did 6 hours of cardio, might have caused participants some metabolic harm - in the short term anyway. But none of us "casual starvers" are anywhere near that.

There are studies that show, that more people who lose weight fast, have kept it of after 5 years, than the slow and steady wins the race dieters.
    I am a fat 43 year old man, and even after eating 1600 cals a day for 2½ months, my blood work shows, that all my levels are fine, as well as my blood pressure, resting pulse, and cholesterol. As long as i don't get lethargic and start skipping workouts because of it, i think it's all good.

I think it's a matter of compliance. Make a plan a stick with it if it works for you. Just don't forget to keep or even better, build muscle mass, so you have to eat protein, since the body can't make amino acids without proteins in the diet - then you'll be fine.

Sorry - this was supposed to just be a quick update, but turned into a full blown rant.
    Last edited by PeteDenmark; 01-19-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, you are doing amazing! Fantastic progress for sure, you should be proud of yourself And what a great wife you have! I wish my husband would make things that fit my macros
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And you diatribe is spot on! So many people say the want the end result, without doing any of the work. Without doing their own research. Without truly examining their own habits.
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Wow, you are doing amazing! Fantastic progress for sure, you should be proud of yourself And what a great wife you have! I wish my husband would make things that fit my macros
    Thank you very much - i really helps to hear.

And yes my wife is cool, despite hatin' on my biceps . Maybe your husband thinks you are too ripped by now, so he's trying to feed you simple carbs .

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    And you diatribe is spot on! So many people say the want the end result, without doing any of the work. Without doing their own research. Without truly examining their own habits.
    Yeah - it's not even funny. Even when talking to some family members, they sit there and regurgitate diet dogmas from the 1930's, they have heard from a friend of a friend, and feel very secure in their knowledge . Well - i guess that is why this forum is so great - here people actually wants to learn most of the time.

Have a great day.

Peter
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Weight today 134,7 kg (297 lbs), but i have lost 3 cm on my upper ab area, since the measurements i took 3 days ago? I'm sure i did it right, so i must have been bloated somehow.
    This is very perplexing. I have eaten more carbs, and 1000 cals more a day, my weight stays unchanged, but my gut magically gets 3 cm's smaller? Wierd.

Anyway - didn't sleep too well. The dog had diarrhea, so he had to be let out every 2 hours during the night. Finally gave up and just got up.

The lack of sleep instantly made me come up with excuses in my head why i shouldn't train today:
    My shoulder hurts a little, i can do it tomorrow, skipping one day won't matter, i'm over 40 so i have to watch my joints, etc.
    The new self managed to convince my old self to go, with the inner agreement that i would just do low weight high rep accessory exercises - old fat Peter concurred reluctantly.

I carbed up on oat meal, and ate a couple of hard boiled eggs. That actually helped, 'cause when i got to the gym, i had gained a little energy, and had a decent workout:

4x8 incline dumbbell press (35 kg dumbbells)
    3x8 down up cable flyes (can't remember - it was hole 5 in the weight stack )
    4x8 lat pulldown (90 kg)
    3x8 supported rows (2x50 kg)
    3x10 rear delt cable flyes (can't remember)
    3x8 rear delt dumbbell fly (12 kg dumbells)
    3x20 overhead squats (just the bar so 20 kg) and 3x12 hyperextensions (bodyweight) superset

No side delt or arms - but it felt like i hit them plenty with the other exercises. That was a lot of sets sleep deprived, but the extra carbs helped, though i felt nauseous after. Had to sit down for 5 minutes to clear the head rush, before leaving the gym.

As we live in sweden, but commute to Denmark (2½ hours away) to work, my wife has made it so she can get 12 hour shifts at the hospital, and can sleep at the hospital, when having back to back shifts. This time she has 4 shifts in a row.

I hate it when she's gone for that many days in a row. When i have an off day like today, it sucks coming home to an empty house on a dark winter evening. I like my own company, but when she have had too many of those clumps of shifts in a short period of time, it gets a bit lonely. Having the dog here helps, but it's no substitute for her.

Today it would have been cool, if she was here, just to say: "hey hon' - good job on going to the gym, even though you didn't feel like it. Do you wan't coffee?".
    And i would stand there with clenched fists, swole pectorals and a tear down my cheek, and reply: "a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do"...

... Or maybe just say: "Thanks babe - coffee would be great".

I like posting in here though - when i have a thought or feel like i accomplished something, it is nice to share it, even though i have no idea if anybody is reading what i'm writing. So if anybody is following along, don't be afraid to say hi .
    Last edited by PeteDenmark; 01-20-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jhc231991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi I wanted to let you know Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it.

Yesterday was the first time at the gym that I tried PeteDenmarks gym routine...

Bench press or similar machine 3x10 reps
    Cable rows 3x10 reps
    Dumbell overhead press or similar machine 3x10
    Cable lateral pulldown 3x10
    Bodyweight squats or bodyweight lunges 2x10 + 1 set where you do as many reps as possible (amrap)
    Some type of bicep curl machine or free weight 2x10
    Triceps cable press down 2x10

...and it was so hard but once I was finished I was so proud. It took so much effort but I knew I could not give up because I had to post here and tell you how I did it. Right now my arms and shoulders hurt a little and my thighs and knees too. I hope that's normal. Do you know? Was I maybe doing it wrong? Also I drink the protein powder called PROTEIN EVOLUTION BY INTEK is that ok to drink before or after a workout does it help with recover or muscle gain?

Originally Posted by jhc231991 View Post
    Hi I wanted to let you know Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it.

Yesterday was the first time at the gym that I tried PeteDenmarks gym routine...

Bench press or similar machine 3x10 reps
    Cable rows 3x10 reps
    Dumbell overhead press or similar machine 3x10
    Cable lateral pulldown 3x10
    Bodyweight squats or bodyweight lunges 2x10 + 1 set where you do as many reps as possible (amrap)
    Some type of bicep curl machine or free weight 2x10
    Triceps cable press down 2x10

...and it was so hard but once I was finished I was so proud. It took so much effort but I knew I could not give up because I had to post here and tell you how I did it. Right now my arms and shoulders hurt a little and my thighs and knees too. I hope that's normal. Do you know? Was I maybe doing it wrong? Also I drink the protein powder called PROTEIN EVOLUTION BY INTEK is that ok to drink before or after a workout does it help with recover or muscle gain?
    You're welcome. I answered your questions in your own log . You don't have to ask on both mine and yours . But congrats again.
    Height 6'6" (200 cm)

Weight:

Well done for training when exhausted, it seems like when life throws a curve ball at you the excuses seem to grow a life of their own and pop up in your mind unasked for.

You are moving very decent weights, it's great that your back is holding out at the intensity you are training.

Keep it up Peter, you continue to provide motivation.