ADraxler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vascularity and testosterone

I used to be a skinny fat kind of guy. I decided back in June to change this and i've been seeing some decent results so far. I've put on some muscle, but for the most part, I have been focusing on weight loss..

My arms and legs are lean, but my chest and hips/lower back are fatty. I think this may have to do with my estrogen levels being too high. I'm 21 years old, 6'6 215lbs. Maybe I just have more growing to do in the Testosterone department.

As far as my veins go, vascularity definitely runs in my family and my arms are pretty lean at the moment, yet the only protruding veins I have are the ones on my hand... I've included bi/tri exercises in my workouts for the past 6 months and they seem to not be helping. Is this just simply a testosterone issue? or something else.

All i know is that I store fat in areas associated with high levels of estrogen and my facial hair hasn't really grown in properly thick yet, so i'm just expecting this to all change with time and effort in the gym.

You think I'll eventually develop some bad ass veins? Or am I somehow genetically incapable and that I should have them by now if I wasn't.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ADraxler; 11-09-2016 at 05:34 AM.

stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stewfoo412 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ADraxler View Post
    I used to be a skinny fat kind of guy. I decided back in June to change this and i've been seeing some decent results so far. I've put on some muscle, but for the most part, I have been focusing on weight loss..

My arms and legs are lean, but my chest and hips/lower back are fatty. I think this may have to do with my estrogen levels being too high. I'm 21 years old, 6'6 215lbs. Maybe I just have more growing to do in the Testosterone department.

As far as my veins go, vascularity definitely runs in my family and my arms are pretty lean at the moment, yet the only protruding veins I have are the ones on my hand... I've included bi/tri exercises in my workouts for the past 6 months and they seem to not be helping. Is this just simply a testosterone issue? or something else.

All i know is that I store fat in areas associated with high levels of estrogen and my facial hair hasn't really grown in properly thick yet, so i'm just expecting this to all change with time and effort in the gym.

You think I'll eventually develop some bad ass veins? Or am I somehow genetically incapable and that I should have them by now if I wasn't.

Thanks!
    It's a combination of things.. leanness being the most important, then I'd say genetics/muscle mass come somewhere after that.

Just give it time.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stewfoo412 View Post
    It's a combination of things.. leanness being the most important, then I'd say genetics/muscle mass come somewhere after that.

Just give it time.
    This. Vascularity ime is a combination of many factors such as muscle mass, genetics, hydration, blood volume. Blood pressure and body temperature also play a huge role hence why your veins constrict when its colder out. As Stew said just give it time as before I was never too vascular but over time as ive become bigger and leaner i have road maps now
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is one shot of my arm a while ago lol

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/pe...ugged/99720051
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

ADraxler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. Preciate ya

Ashfordy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ADraxler View Post

Thanks!
    Training compound exercises, specifically legs, is a great way to naturally boost testosterone levels. While you may not look like a bodybuilder initially, something like a 5x5 routine that focuses squats may help get your strength up and your bodyfat down.

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by unplugged View Post

Your arms look great, but its OP that should have included photos. Only way to attempt to answer those question. Otherwise, its just general informat
    This. Vascularity ime is a combination of many factors such as muscle mass, genetics, hydration, blood volume. Blood pressure and body temperature also play a huge role hence why your veins constrict when its colder out. As Stew said just give it time as before I was never too vascular but over time as ive become bigger and leaner i have road maps now
    This. But not necessarily in that order. Genetics always trump everything else. In warm environments my vascularity can triple in degree.

Your arms look great, but its OP that should have included photos. Only way to attempt to answer those question. Otherwise, its just general informat
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621