caller92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Need help with my first ever cutting diet

Hey everyone, I need some advice regarding my current cutting diet, I did a crazy bulk last year and gained a lot of weight and muscle in the process. I say it’s crazy because I went from a 54kg skinny kid to 91kg’s. After that I have been on and off gym due to my new job involving a lot of traveling so I didn’t get that much time to consistently get to the gym. During this 1 Year period most of the muscle I gained during the bulk seems to have turned into fat and I’m currently in aus for another 8 weeks straight so I would like to go on a cutting diet and try to lose a lot of the belly fat I have gained. A lot of people say my body shape still looks good and that I still retained some of the definition but I have a belly now that in really starting to hate. I recently started a diet so let me know what you guys think.

My current stats:
    Weight: 85-86kgs
    Height: 178cm
    Training experience: 3 Years
    Training frequency: 5 days of gym ( 40 mins of cardio on the bikes ) and 2 days of kickboxing (1hr high intensity sessions)

Diet:
    9AM - Protein shake ( 300ml of milk, frozen berries , 100g of natural yogurt , 1 cup of oats and 1scoop of protein powder )
    11AM – Tuna sandwich ( 2 cans of tuna 95g tuna per can with 2 slices of toast whole wheat bread)
    3 PM – Chicken sandwich ( 2 cans of chicken 85g chicken per can with 2 slices of toast whole wheat bread)
    6PM – Big meal ( chicken breast , brown rice and sweet potato)
    9PM – Big meal ( chicken breast, brown rice )
    11PM – Protein Shake before bed ( 2 scoop of protein and 300ml of milk )

I have been on this diet for about 2 weeks now but I’m not seeing that much progress on my body fat levels but I’m seeing great gains on my overall size and strength.
    Just to clarify my main goal with the coming 8 weeks is to reduce body fat and I don’t mind if I gained some muscle mass in the process
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi caller92,

If you are not seeing much progress, I would say that you are simply eating too much calories. Do you count your calories? Its very important to count your calories intake.

If I were you, I would lower my carbohydrate intake. I would start by switching the brown rice and sweet potato with some green veggies. Broccoli is my favorite

DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll read the full post later but two quick things
    Muscle doesn't turn to fat, you have just gained fat. Secondly I feel the term bulk should only apply to sensible eating on a lifting program. Almost doubling your weight isn't a bulk, 1-2lbs gained a month is a bulk
    Dont diet and exercise - Eat and train!

kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingkano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like a real bro diet, clean eating eh? No mention of the most important words there, calories and macros. If you want to lose body fat you need to eat less than you burn. Calories in -> calories out. Wouldn't hurt to get some fruit and veg in there too, get some vitamins into you etc.

Check out the stickies to work out your TDEE and how to reduce to lose body fat.

Hey guys thanks for the replies , I did work out my calorie intake and my tdee , turns out my tdee is about 3000 to 3200 range and with the meal plan above I'm eating about 2500-2600calories a day.
    Will swapping the brown rice and sweet potato for green veggies make a big difference?

xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xfei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by caller92 View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the replies , I did work out my calorie intake and my tdee , turns out my tdee is about 3000 to 3200 range and with the meal plan above I'm eating about 2500-2600calories a day.
    Will swapping the brown rice and sweet potato for green veggies make a big difference?
    Well, 200 gr of brown rice is about 220 calories and 100 gr of sweet potato is about 80 calories.

100 gr of broccoli is only about 34 calories. I would say thats a big difference.

Originally Posted by xfei View Post
    Well, 200 gr of brown rice is about 220 calories and 100 gr of sweet potato is about 80 calories.

100 gr of broccoli is only about 34 calories. I would say thats a big difference.
    Oh that makes alot of sense! thanks xfei, any other suggestions or do you guys think this will help me loose weight within the next 8 weeks?

I am wondering why are you drinking 2 scoop of whey + 300 milk at 11 pm? that's about 350 calories right there. Is it because you want the protein? It seems to me that you already ate sufficient amount of protein during the day.

If you want the protein, perhaps you can switch to BCAA supplement. Its gives 7 gr of protein per scoop and its 0 calorie. But its not a complete protein though.

If you are usually hungry at 11 pm, then perhaps you can eat other food that is much lower in calories such as 2 boiled eggs (150 calories total) or perhaps fruits such as cantaloupe (34 calories per 100 grams) or maybe a bit of both. That would really shaved a lot of calories.

Originally Posted by xfei View Post
    I am wondering why are you drinking 2 scoop of whey + 300 milk at 11 pm? that's about 350 calories right there. Is it because you want the protein? It seems to me that you already ate sufficient amount of protein during the day.

If you want the protein, perhaps you can switch to BCAA supplement. Its gives 7 gr of protein per scoop and its 0 calorie. But its not a complete protein though.

If you are usually hungry at 11 pm, then perhaps you can eat other food that is much lower in calories such as 2 boiled eggs (150 calories total) or perhaps fruits such as cantaloupe (34 calories per 100 grams) or maybe a bit of both. That would really shaved a lot of calories.
    Oh I didn't realize that i wrote that..i actually only have 1 scoop , but i only have the protein shake at night because im usually hungry after gym. ( I train at 10:30Pm at night due to my current work arrangement)

Hey everyone, is has been some time now and i would like to update my stats so you guys can see the results i got with this diet.

My current stats:
    Weight: 83.8kg
    Training frequency: 5 days of gym ( 40 mins of cardio on the bikes ) and 2 days of kickboxing (1hr high intensity sessions)

Toastytoast32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just clarifying I have started this thread

so what I usually start my day with is eggs. 2 eggs pan fried, no oil just spices. at lunch quinoa, fish or chicken. supper is usually fish, quinoa with veggies(broccoli.green beans) unless my fiance cooks up a stir fry with bean sprouts/broccoli and oyster sauce. on the weekends I allow myself other meats, steak, pork chops or beef. most of the week is usually just ice water, I drink more than the daily recommend I am hooked on it.
    when I am looking for a snack, I have apples or a peanut butter sandwich(100% whole wheat so the bread bag tells me)
    when I do treat myself its weekends only. I will have an iced cappuccino or something of that size for a treat.
    I have just started all this about 3 weeks ago from stopping for a few months.
    I do not expect instant results, I have the motivation to keep at this.

Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eating in a caloric deficit is mandatory. Multiply your body weight in lbs x 10 and you WILL lose fat. When you see the progress stalling incorporate a cheat day once a week and then go back into a deficit the next day the fat will melt off you like butter baby!
    Work the mind like you do the body .. READ EVERYDAY !!! "The more you learn the more you earn" - Warren Buffet]

INSTAGRAM: Jgotbody
    SNAPCHAT: Jgotbody

JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacobVR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use a kitchen scale to count and Myfitnesspal to track my calories.
    I have stalled for about a month
    The cardio machine states how many calories im burning.
    I meal prep every week and my quantities are accurate ( i use measuring tools)

Update Number 3

Feeling really weak these days because i cut all the carbs from my meals so im not having any rice or bread just meat, fish and veggies. Have lost a total of 2.7kgs in 20 days.
    Im also having BCAA throughout the day to keep my body in an Anti-catabolic state and i can see that i have not lost much muscle mass during this cutting process.

My current stats:
    Weight: 83.3kg

Update Number 4

Updated stats:
    Weight: 82.5kg

Hey everyone, just wanna give another update. I have a couple of questions: i have lost almost 5kgs since i started the cut but i still seems to have some belly fat. my arms are starting to look ripped and have some veins popping but this stubborn belly fat is still there but its not as much as there used to be. Can i do anything to specifically target belly fat?

Updated stats:
    Weight: 81.2kg

Diet:
    9AM - Protein shake ( 300ml of milk, frozen berries , 100g of natural yogurt , 1 cup of oats and 1scoop of protein powder )
    12AM – 2 cans of tuna
    3 PM – handful of walnuts and a banana
    6PM – Big meal ( chicken breast , green vegetables)
    11PM – Protein Shake before bed ( 1 scoop of protein and 300ml of milk )