Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
Results 1,111 to 1,113 of 1113

Thread: Heisman's log

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Well I am unfortunately COVID-19 positive. No workouts for 2 weeks for me. If I take a turn for the worse I will try to post it. Symptoms started yesterday.
    Been following your log for a while man, hope all ends up well for you with no serious symptoms. Do you believe you contracted it at work or another source?

Side note, I know you're a front line worker and we're possibly weeks away from a vaccine, but would you have taken the vaccine regardless?

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Been following your log for a while man, hope all ends up well for you with no serious symptoms. Do you believe you contracted it at work or another source?

Side note, I know you're a front line worker and we're possibly weeks away from a vaccine, but would you have taken the vaccine regardless?
    I most likely got it at work. Our hospital has 4.8% of asymptomatic patients positive, that implies community spread of 1/20. We don't have enough PPE to wear the N95/faceshield/gown on every patient, just the sick ones. I probably got it from an asymptomatic kid. Or one of the many kids where family claims no symptoms but there are clearly symptoms when I walk into the room.

If I hadn't gotten sick I would have gotten the vaccine the second it was available to me. Now that I am sick I don't know if I need to wait a certain period of time prior to getting vaccinated for the vaccine to be effective. I imagine when the vaccines are fully approved there will be guidance regarding this.
    My website: healthierwithscience.com

SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SandrasWl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I decided to make a log to hold myself more accountable in all aspects of my life, but particularly with diet/exercise for the purpose of this forum. Right now I'm a first year resident and thus I at times work multiple weeks in a row (including weekends) without a day off. On typical work days depending on the rotation I'm on I may work anywhere from 6 hours to a more standard 11 hours or at times 14-16 hours. A big problematic factor is I cannot necessarily eat when I want to. There are days where I eat breakfast at 4:30am and do not get a chance to eat again until 3-4pm. I also can at times suffer a lot of stress that is work-related; being busy is not stressful to me but anytime I worry I have made a decision that negatively hurts a patient in some way that can hit me fairly hard. Also, I don't sleep nearly as much as I would like to some nights which also impacts me negatively.

Current stats:
    5'7", 155 pounds, estimate ~14% bodyfat
    Front squat: 265x5 and 275x3, 305 x 1 with a 3 second pause with poor form
    High bar back squat: 345x1 a couple months back. I have a torn lateral meniscus in my right knee (for years) that holds me back
    Deadlift: Maxed at 550 in May, have not deadlifted regularly or heavy since.
    Pullup: Recently did bodyweight + 155 pounds.
    Dips: Sadly no great dip station in my gym with my proportions. Recently did bodyweight + 135 pounds but I'd be stronger if there was a better set up.
    Resting heart rate: 53 bpm

Goals:
    - Cut down to 10% bodyfat to prove to myself I can do it (always been chubby if anything), then go on a long bulk.
    - Do a 1 armed pullup and eventually a pullup with 4 plates
    - Front squat 315 pounds with a 3 second pause
    - Do a dip with my bodyweight (currently ~155 pounds)
    - Back squat 405 pounds*
    - Deadlift 600 pounds**
    - Get my resting heart rate <50 bpm
    - Elliptical: make progress over time regarding intensity and duration

*The torn meniscus may prevent me from ever doing this as I do not wish to risk injury and thus when I feel any uneasiness in the knee I hold back.

**I deadlift beltless and 550 was quite difficult. I don't think anyone my size has ever done 700 beltless and I don't really think I have the capacity to get within 100 pounds of an all time best lift so this may not be possible but who knows.

Diet: Typically consists of (in no order): yogurt, blueberries, banana, nuts, cottage cheese, salmon, chicken, lots of veggies, beans, oatmeal, eggs, milk, peanut butter sandwich, whey protein. I typically eat the same things most days. I'll log calories/macros as I go along. I will try to eat as little as I can while meeting fat/protein minimums but will bump up calories when necessary either because I'm too hungry to sleep or because I feel my workouts are suffering.

Exercise program: I'm squatting every 3-4 days and am trying for the first time to have separate days for pushing and pulling movements. I'll log what I do as I do them and make adjustments as necessary. I like to do at least some cardio with an elliptical daily if I can, but I am more likely to skip it on a day I squat than anything else.

I'll start logging tomorrow. Happy to answer any questions.
    I think it's this grate traning program, maybe I'm combine it with my one!