Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile My smoothies taste like ice cream

So I think I've found a simple smoothie mix that is inexpensive, sugar free, full of protein and tastes just like ice cream. I've been having 2 of these a day and was wondering if it's possible that might be too many.

The ingredients I'm using are:

250ml organic semi skimmed milk.
    A few squirts of white chocolate flavdrops from Myprotein (Sucralose based sweetener)
    1 big scoop of white chocolate / vanilla protein powder
    Ice cubes

Chuck it all in a blender and it tastes just like ice cream.

I've just been doing a bit of research whilst writing this and it seems that I've answered my own question. I think maybe I should be having 3 of these a day as apparently 732ml of milk a day is recommended amount.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...milk%20%5B1%5D.

Apparently any possible harmful effects of sucralose seem to be unproven and relatively minor:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...se-good-or-bad

That just leaves protein powder and ice cubes which I'm sure we can agree are pretty safe.

I felt like there had to be a catch here as these taste too nice to be healthy but upon further research I can't actually find one, thought I'd post this anyway just in case anyone wants to try something similar.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's not really a smoothie, it's more of a shake - just a cup of milk and a scoop of whey with ice cubes.

A smoothie usually includes more ingredients like oats, PB, fruits and veggies.

The study you posted on milk consumption is talking strictly milk. Whey protein powder is derived from milk so if you're having 2 cups of milk and 2 scoops of whey you may be meeting or exceeding that recommendation already.

The article on sucralose really says that the jury is still out on it's safety.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My smoothies taste just like a milkshake. I use 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup milk & 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.

Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobdabuilder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    That's not really a smoothie, it's more of a shake - just a cup of milk and a scoop of whey with ice cubes.

A smoothie usually includes more ingredients like oats, PB, fruits and veggies.

The study you posted on milk consumption is talking strictly milk. Whey protein powder is derived from milk so if you're having 2 cups of milk and 2 scoops of whey you may be meeting or exceeding that recommendation already.

The article on sucralose really says that the jury is still out on it's safety.
    Yeah, they're some fair points, it's definitely more of a milk shake than a smoothie but either way I'm really happy to have found something that tastes as nice as this that ticks so many other boxes. It also seems like a sweet treat that doesn't have the addictive nature of sugar so I feel like I've been craving sweets less since I've been drinking these.

I do think that although there haven't been enough tests to prove much conclusively with sucralose, I think you can be pretty confident that it's a fair bit better for you than sugar based sweets IMO.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    My smoothies taste just like a milkshake. I use 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup milk & 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.
    They do sound great TBF, I might have to try mixing in some actual ice cream every now and then.

I guess my recipe would be better for anyone cutting or trying to avoid sugar whereas yours would probably be better for bulking. Spose I can justify these all year round now.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bobdabuilder1 View Post
    They do sound great TBF, I might have to try mixing in some actual ice cream every now and then.

I guess my recipe would be better for anyone cutting or trying to avoid sugar whereas yours would probably be better for bulking. Spose I can justify these all year round now.
    Mine is better for those who enjoy life.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its just milk and whey...don't overthink it.
    You should try to get your caloric/protein requirements through whole foods first, then supplement with powdered whey.

Whether you ingest 2,3, or 4 of these per day depends on your protein requirement and your fitness goals.

CICO/IIFYM Crew
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dude, OP, you’re not gunna believe this, but I also found a simple smoothie mix that is inexpensive, sugar free, full of protein and tastes just like ice cream. I've been having 2 of these a day and was wondering if it's possible that might be too many.

The ingredients I'm using are:

250ml organic semi skimmed milk.
    A few squirts of white chocolate flavdrops from Myprotein (Sucralose based sweetener)
    1 big scoop of white chocolate / vanilla protein powder
    Ice cubes

Chuck it all in a blender and it tastes just like ice cream.

I've just been doing a bit of research whilst writing this and it seems that I've answered my own question. I think maybe I should be having 3 of these a day as apparently 732ml of milk a day is recommended amount.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...milk%20%5B1%5D.

Apparently any possible harmful effects of sucralose seem to be unproven and relatively minor:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...se-good-or-bad

That just leaves protein powder and ice cubes which I'm sure we can agree are pretty safe.

I felt like there had to be a catch here as these taste too nice to be healthy but upon further research I can't actually find one, thought I'd post this anyway just in case anyone wants to try something similar.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"