Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170
Results 5,071 to 5,086 of 5086
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SOJA View Post

Adam, god I hate your countertops.
    how come?
    The power of carbs compels me!

ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Quick review of NY Pack...in order of best to worst(loosely using that word)

Nectar of the Queens - Really surprised by this pint (not a fan of baklava)...my favorite of the pack...the galaktoboureko mix ins were awesome (no idea what that was prior to scooping this pint)...base was spot on imo

Gowanus - Dun goofed scooping this when I did...ate half of Nectar then proceeded to half of Gowanus...was prepared to roast this pint ha (going from the sweetness of Nectar to the saltiness of Gowanus was a mistake)...after scooping the 2nd half of this one on its own I was really able appreciate it...the base is as advertised and the orange hinted brownies paired well (although some had more orange flavor than others)...I cookies added a nice crunch, but the pearls didn't really impact the pint at all.

The Hook - The base on this one reminded me of Marble Slabs sweet cream (hnnngg)...I really liked the salted fudge chunks...the stroopwaffles were good too, but I would rather just plain waffle cone bits...This pint could've been special, but it needed another element imo...Caramel swirl? (Americone Dream homer checking in)

The Flavor Record - Not much to say on this one...Good pint...housemade cookies were nice....fudge swirl was too heavy imo...not worth an order if it hits the Create Your Own Story lineup.
    <HTC>
    Pick 6 Crew
    RIP Rich Piana
    TX Miscer - Cowboys/Astros

"It's like. Do you hack squat more than me? No you don't. So shut the hell up!" -Matt London 2k19

ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ChknFrydMFer View Post

Nectar of the Queens - Really surprised by this pint (not a fan of baklava)...my favorite of the pack...the galaktoboureko mix ins were awesome (no idea what that was prior to scooping this pint)...base was spot on imo

Gowanus - Dun goofed scooping this when I did...ate half of Nectar then proceeded to half of Gowanus...was prepared to roast this pint ha (going from the sweetness of Nectar to the saltiness of Gowanus was a mistake)...after scooping the 2nd half of this one on its own I was really able appreciate it...the base is as advertised and the orange hinted brownies paired well (although some had more orange flavor than others)...I cookies added a nice crunch, but the pearls didn't really impact the pint at all.

The Hook - The base on this one reminded me of Marble Slabs sweet cream (hnnngg)...I really liked the salted fudge chunks...the stroopwaffles were good too, but I would rather just plain waffle cone bits...This pint could've been special, but it needed another element imo...Caramel swirl? (Americone Dream homer checking in)

The Flavor Record - Not much to say on this one...Good pint...housemade cookies were nice....fudge swirl was too heavy imo...not worth an order if it hits the Create Your Own Story lineup.
    Did your pint of NOQ melt quickly?

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Good feedback. I still haven't cracked open Hook or Flavor of Record, but I also enjoy the flavors in Nectar of Queens a lot. I still think Gowanus, despite being chocolate-based and not my usual fare, was more enjoyable though somehow... maybe the flavor intensity.

ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChknFrydMFer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ADD61 View Post
    Did your pint of NOQ melt quickly?
    Nah, didn't notice a difference from any other pint...I usually let them sit on the counter for 5min or so prior to digging in...and I eat them pretty quickly

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Good feedback. I still haven't cracked open Hook or Flavor of Record
    ugasar gave The Hook a 9.5 iirc...i was like uwot?? lolol
    <HTC>
    Pick 6 Crew
    RIP Rich Piana
    TX Miscer - Cowboys/Astros

"It's like. Do you hack squat more than me? No you don't. So shut the hell up!" -Matt London 2k19

I say it all the time: personal tastes play a big role. Also mix-in size and amount can vary of course.

The concept seems solid to me but time will tell...

S&S Candycopia is an easy 9.5/10 for me.... it's ridiculous.

ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sure did! Surprised the hell out of me.. Literally couldn't think of anything to make it better besides maybe LARGER stroopwaffel pieces, but there were so many that it didn't need it.

Also, just scooped Nectar of Queens. Doesn't melt quickly at all.. and whoever said the base was airy is completely off as well. This was arguably the creamiest of the pack. With all that said, I just didn't appreciate this pint at all. Lowest rating of the pack by far..
    I.C.E.D.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/icecreambuythepint/?hl=en

Originally Posted by ugasar View Post
    Sure did! Surprised the hell out of me.. Literally couldn't think of anything to make it better besides maybe LARGER stroopwaffel pieces, but there were so many that it didn't need it.

Also, just scooped Nectar of Queens. Doesn't melt quickly at all.. and whoever said the base was airy is completely off as well. This was arguably the creamiest of the pack. With all that said, I just didn't appreciate this pint at all. Lowest rating of the pack by far..
    I think it was Bob that said the base melted fast.

I didn't think it melted fast, but I do think it kept softer in the freezer than gowanus... but it didn't totally melt or anything.

Not sure who said it was 'airy'... I thought it was very dense. I think Eric said that the Cupcake flavor was airy, not Nectar.

ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Blue Bunny Chocolate Donut

Video Review: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uDMw9n...=16boeucptz6wf

Rating: 6/10
    I.C.E.D.

Thoughts on THE HOOK (Ample Hills)

Really enjoyed the base on this pint.. mine looked similar to ugasar's so you can use his pics as a reference. The flavor was a really good balance of sweet and rich/creamy, + lightly burnt sugar.

The mix-in consistency was probably my favorite aspect: I got very uniform sizes of the fudge pieces and the waffles, the fudge was about 1cm or a little more in diameter, had a good saltiness, and paired well with the base and waffles.

Waffle pieces were great.. my favorite part of the pint for sure due to their syrupy taste and slight chew along with a mild crunch.

Only thing I noticed was that the fudge pieces did seem a touch dry to me. Spot - on flavor, just not as moist as some.

Besides that, not much to say bad about it... it's not a flavor I expected would 'wow' me simply because you kind of know what you're getting going in... but, a very solid take on some classic mix-ins along with a really good burnt sugar base.

I'd give it 8.5/10... I think the mix-ins nudged it above my Nectar of the Queens pint.

So far:

Gowanus: 9/10
    The Hook: 8.5/10
    Nectar of the Queens: 8/10
    Flavor of Record: TBD
    Last edited by AdamWW; 10-09-2019 at 03:22 PM.

ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are brownies in The Hook?

Originally Posted by ADD61 View Post
    There are brownies in The Hook?
    Typo: meant to say fudge

Flavor of Record definitely had a crazy thick swirl... I actually kind of liked the heaviness of it in moderation but there were definitely times where it just felt like a mouthful of chocolate tar

I got more flavor from the cookies than I expected, but they didn’t add a huge amount to the experience because they were mild compared to the swirl, moreso a nice texture change. Base is standard AH, delicious and creamy canvas.

Still a tasty flavor, but my pint was also not filled to the brim (neither was Gowanus), which kind of sucks. Not sure how that happens with only 2 of the 4 pints.

It’s about a 7/10. Lowest of the pack on this order, but still a tasty flavor.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 10-10-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Jeni's Pumpkin Cake Roll

Video Review: https://www.instagram.com/p/B24ZQ5gn...=1ccg112l44w3d

Rating: 7/10
    I.C.E.D.

AH Flavor of Record was solid, good simple flavors. They have given us way worse in an NY Pack before. I still have that damn root beer flavor in my freezer from last time.
    Last edited by ADD61; 10-11-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know about my other pints, but my The Hook pint was filled to the brim. It's pretty good so far.

Also stopped by Ample Hills in Prospect Heights yesterday and got The Commodore with hot fudge on top.

You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 355/185/380
    Best Meet lifts: 352.7/181.6/407.8,
    Best Wilks=370.84