Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130
Results 3,871 to 3,888 of 3888
    ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lazymuchacho View Post
    Squad, if anyone gambles on the Jeni's Blackout pint...I'm all ears.
    I'm debating, but probably NOT going to drop the money right now. I will wait until it hits scoop shops, because a) that saves me some money b) it's right down the road from me and c) my stash is too deep at the moment.
    I.C.E.D.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/icecreambuythepint/?hl=en

ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like Eric had a strong rating on BrainFreeze’s Cubanito flavor

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ADD61 View Post
    Looks like Eric had a strong rating on BrainFreeze’s Cubanito flavor
    Has anyone ever done the custom options?
    Why live a 'good' life when you could live an EPIC life?

taylerbabe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just finished some Breyer's Reese's ice cream. Amazing!

lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ugasar View Post
    I'm debating, but probably NOT going to drop the money right now. I will wait until it hits scoop shops, because a) that saves me some money b) it's right down the road from me and c) my stash is too deep at the moment.
    Makes sense. It's more out of curiousity.

Can't justify putting in a Jenis order unless it's unreal; good enough to buy 6 pints type deal...all other flavors were 8s or lower.

ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000) ADD61 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This recent Pecan Pie pint from S&S has been a very nice suprise.

Mouthfeel of the base is superb...about as good as I can rememeber from them. Incredibly smooth and dense without being hard.

Slight booziness. Spoonfuls of thick pecan pie "filling" (closer to pecan sticky bun topping than pecan pie filling).

Wood recommend.
    Continuing the catch up with Lazy theme......

Scooped Pecan Pie pint and that those gobs filling puts this on the re-order radar for 2019.

A few other scoops:

Blue Bell Mardi Gras King Cake: Pretty good for Blue Bell. Would recommend for anyone that can find it at Publix during the current sale.

Publix Lemon Cookie: Bit of a letdown, not bold enough on the lemon and the cookies pieces were crunch pebbles.

ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Salt & Straw Hey Boo Coconut Jam & Rice Crispy Treats

Back from September's Late Summer's Harvest lineup, this was a fairly unique pint for Salt & Straw. It is described as, coconut swirled into salt and vanilla ice cream with chocolate-covered candied rice clusters added into the mix.

As always, let's start with the base. Salt & Straw has used this salted vanilla ice cream before, and it's absolutely fantastic. Every company should utilize this, because it is that good! It is actually balanced evenly between salty & sweet, if not actually leaning just a bit more towards the salty side.

And let me tell you, the saltiness hits you right up front. That is then followed by the smooth and sweet vanilla flavor. It also finishes with a bit of smokiness for an authentic sweet and salty vanilla base. I could eat the base alone it is so phenomenal.

The coconut jam provides a sticky and gooey texture. It is thicker than a fruit swirl, but not quite as thick as a chocolate or caramel swirl. It honestly almost reminds me of the filling inside of a donut with its custard-like consistency.

The coconut jam did not have an overly strong flavor, but the coconut taste is definitely noticeable. It is actually pretty sweet, and honestly, the sweetest part of the pint. And since the base isn't too sweet, this was a very nice addition to the pint.

The rice crispies were an extremely unique and interesting mixin. The texture is fantastic. They are actually a little firmer than a rice crispy treat right out of the wrapper, but still provide a soft and airy chew on the inside.

Coating the rice crispy treats is a chocolate shell that has a strong dark chocolate flavor. It definitely has some kick to it and is much more bitter than it is sweet. But the bitterness works because it contrasts the sweet coconut jam perfectly.

In summary, I really enjoyed this pint. I was very much a fan of the sweet, salty and bitterness flavors all mixed together into one ice cream. With that said, it just isn't anything groundbreaking or outstanding for Salt & Straw, but it is a very fun scoop. B+
    I.C.E.D.

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Salt & Straw Hey Boo Coconut Jam & Rice Crispy Treats

In summary, I really enjoyed this pint. I was very much a fan of the sweet, salty and bitterness flavors all mixed together into one ice cream. With that said, it just isn't anything groundbreaking or outstanding for Salt & Straw, but it is a very fun scoop. B+
    sounds nice!
    Why live a 'good' life when you could live an EPIC life?

lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000) lazymuchacho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Continuing the catch up with Lazy theme......

Scooped Pecan Pie pint and that those gobs filling puts this on the re-order radar for 2019.

A few other scoops:

Blue Bell Mardi Gras King Cake: Pretty good for Blue Bell. Would recommend for anyone that can find it at Publix during the current sale.

Publix Lemon Cookie: Bit of a letdown, not bold enough on the lemon and the cookies pieces were crunch pebbles.
    Coconut Cookies & Cream is a banger in case you picked it up.

Base has smooth creamy coconut delivery and the shreds actually enhance the exerience.

The chocolate ganache is at the level of the almond brittle classic. Cookies are soft, moist, sizeablely chunked, with prominent crunchful chips.

Idk if it'll come back next year but definitely rescooping if so.

Ben & Jerry's Minter Wonderland

First things first, I am a HUGE mint chocolate fan. I know most of you probably already know that, but take this review for what it's worth in regards to your own love for mint chocolate combos.

The dark chocolate aspect of the base is an accurate description. Although, it isn't as bitter as other dark chocolate bases. This one can still stand its ground in terms of sweetness. Basically, it's a chocolate that has dark cocoa qualities, but is still more sweet than bitter.

The mint accompanies it very well. It is definitely noticeable and just as prevalent, if not more, than, the dark chocolate. It has a natural flavor and I will go on the record saying this one is very close to Jeni's Dark Chocolate Peppermint, which is one of the best in her lineup.

The chocolate cookie swirl is essentially like taking the cookies off of an Oreo, grounding them up and mixing them into the ice cream. I came across a few big chunks, but most are little bits that give the ice cream somewhat of a gritty texture. It is much appreciated between the creamy base and the gooey marshmallow swirl.

I will be honest, it is very hard to distinguish a different flavor from the chocolate cookie swirl. The base is so flavorful between the dark chocolate and peppermint that the cookie swirl is simply overpowered. This was not a big deal for me though because the base is that good, and I'll certainly welcome the texture of the cookie swirl.

On the other hand, the marshmallow swirl obviously brings a ton of sweetness to the pint. The sugary flavor is a perfect match for this pint though. It helps to balance out some of that bitterness from the dark chocolate base and also cut some of the mint flavor.

As usual with Ben & Jerry's marshmallow swirls, it is extremely gooey. It is thick and sticky like actual marshmallow fluff straight from the jar. In this particular pint, it was very top heavy, but still scattered throughout. I think Ben & Jerry's does one of the best marshmallow swirls in the game, and this one didn't disappoint either.

I was highly impressed with this pint and it's Ben & Jerry's best in quite some time. Keep in mind, I am a huge mint chocolate fan, but I think it is very well executed. Adding brownies rather than a cookie swirl would have been next level, but as it stands, this is still a fantastic pint. A-
    I.C.E.D.

Coconut Cookies & Cream is a banger in case you picked it up.

Base has smooth creamy coconut delivery and the shreds actually enhance the exerience.

The chocolate ganache is at the level of the almond brittle classic. Cookies are soft, moist, sizeablely chunked, with prominent crunchful chips.

Idk if it'll come back next year but definitely rescooping if so.
    Skipped that whole month, slight goof

Seems like business is picking up:

Ample Hills sounds and looks like online orders are back to quality

Salt & Straw tends to be good March - April

Brain Freeze Labs looks like it's worth a try

I still need to order Clementines

Ben & Jerry's Minter Wonderland

First things first, I am a HUGE mint chocolate fan. I know most of you probably already know that, but take this review for what it's worth in regards to your own love for mint chocolate combos.

The dark chocolate aspect of the base is an accurate description. Although, it isn't as bitter as other dark chocolate bases. This one can still stand its ground in terms of sweetness. Basically, it's a chocolate that has dark cocoa qualities, but is still more sweet than bitter.

The mint accompanies it very well. It is definitely noticeable and just as prevalent, if not more, than, the dark chocolate. It has a natural flavor and I will go on the record saying this one is very close to Jeni's Dark Chocolate Peppermint, which is one of the best in her lineup.

The chocolate cookie swirl is essentially like taking the cookies off of an Oreo, grounding them up and mixing them into the ice cream. I came across a few big chunks, but most are little bits that give the ice cream somewhat of a gritty texture. It is much appreciated between the creamy base and the gooey marshmallow swirl.

I will be honest, it is very hard to distinguish a different flavor from the chocolate cookie swirl. The base is so flavorful between the dark chocolate and peppermint that the cookie swirl is simply overpowered. This was not a big deal for me though because the base is that good, and I'll certainly welcome the texture of the cookie sw

On the other hand, the marshmallow swirl obviously brings a ton of sweetness to the pint. The sugary flavor is a perfect match for this pint though. It helps to balance out some of that bitterness from the dark chocolate base and also cut some of the mint flavor.

As usual with Ben & Jerry's marshmallow swirls, it is extremely gooey. It is thick and sticky like actual marshmallow fluff straight from the jar. In this particular pint, it was very top heavy, but still scattered throughout. I think Ben & Jerry's does one of the best marshmallow swirls in the game, and this one didn't disappoint either.

I was highly impressed with this pint and it's Ben & Jerry's best in quite some time. Keep in mind, I am a huge mint chocolate fan, but I think it is very well executed. Adding brownies rather than a cookie swirl would have been next level, but as it stands, this is still a fantastic pint. A-
    I'm convinced that B&J adjusts formula on these pints. It always seems like Eric and I get lower mix-ins from early batches compared to what you get in later batches. The same pints I've re-scooped were better later one. Basically I'm going to wait a few cycles before scooping the cookie cores since they will be around for a while.

crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Skipped that whole month, slight goof

Seems like business is picking up:

Ample Hills sounds and looks like online orders are back to quality

Salt & Straw tends to be good March - April

I still need to order Clementines
    I am also happy to see Ample Hills looking better for online ordering again. The Munchies is possibly one of my favorite flavors or at least up there with some of my favorites. Clementines is worth an order but my only complaint is her lack of adding more flavors available to order online. You can message her and she will quote you for any flavor she has available though but I held off because it made shipping WAY much more than placing an order online from the website.

Originally Posted by crpav View Post
    I am also happy to see Ample Hills looking better for online ordering again. The Munchies is possibly one of my favorite flavors or at least up there with some of my favorites. Clementines is worth an order but my only complaint is her lack of adding more flavors available to order online. You can message her and she will quote you for any flavor she has available though but I held off because it made shipping WAY much more than placing an order online from the website.
    Yeah, I was working through an off-line order with her and the card charge was being processed in St. Louis just as I was buying gas in Atlanta. Needless to say it was tagged for fraud. I don't think I was ever able to get her to follow-up and replace the order. Seems like her standard flavors through the website will be my best route.
    Last edited by ADD61; 02-13-2019 at 10:00 AM.

I'm convinced that B&J adjusts formula on these pints. It always seems like Eric and I get lower mix-ins from early batches compared to what you get in later batches. The same pints I've re-scooped were better later one. Basically I'm going to wait a few cycles before scooping the cookie cores since they will be around for a while.
    Interesting theory! And I like it.. Cause I've honestly never really been burned by Ben & Jerry's, and this is probably why!

Ummmm you are MORE than correct sir! Low & behold, here comes the first review of Brain Freeze Ice Cream Lab in this thread. If you all in the thread don't order soon, you are all goofing yourselves. Easily my second favorite company, right behind Salt & Straw. I was blown away! Not to mention, I received six pints and this was the one I was LEAST interested in scooping.

Brain Freeze Ice Cream Lab Big Bang

The flavor of the salted caramel is good, but not great. I'm not the biggest fan of salted caramel ice creams, but I can still judge them pretty well. This one needs more salt in order to be bolder. The sweet caramel flavor is there, but it is lacking the butteriness and saltiness factor.

It is very hard to explain the texture of nitrogen based ice cream, so it's something you just need to try for yourself. This is going to make it sound bad, which it is not, but it's almost like a mix of super premium creamy ice cream with a bit of gumminess. It is different and weird, but a very enjoyable ice cream texture.

The double fudge frosted chocolate cake pieces taste like a mix of super dark chocolate cake and actual fudge. The flavors balance out nicely for the perfect chocolate flavor. Some pieces have a bit more of a fudge flavor, while others have the taste of an extremely rich chocolate cake (think blackout cake).

As far as texture, most bites of cake are like, well, cake. They are chewy and spongy. At the same time, they are very moist, and almost like soaked up crumbs, which immediately melts in your mouth. However, you come across some that are mainly fudge, and they are a bit on the crunchier side. Almost like chewing a cold piece of fudge or even a big chocolate chip.

Everything the salted caramel base lacked, the dulce de leche swirl compensated for. It is very powerful and flavorful. This may actually be why the salted caramel base seemed very mild. The dulce de leche swirl tastes like a mixture of caramel and butterscotch. The flavor is buttery and rich; like extremely rich. It packs a ton of sweetness as well, and is much sweeter than the base.

How did the consistency fair? Well let's just say it was thick and gooey, which is obvious from the pictures. It is also extremely sticky, and takes multiple licks to get it off your spoon. Not to mention, it is in nearly every bite from the top to the bottom of this pint.

I was beyond impressed with my first pint of Brain Freeze Ice Cream Lab. The mixins are high quality and very flavorful. Even though the dulce de leche swirl made up for the mild salted caramel base, I still have to dock it a few points. Regardless, this is one hell of a scoop and I can't wait to dig into the rest of the shipment. A-

I.C.E.D.

Not to mention, I received six pints and this was the one I was LEAST interested in scooping.
    Mate, dont provoke team dulce de leche. We are a fiercely loyal bunch.

Look forward to upcoming reviews. Pulled the trigger on 8 of these pints since s&s was piss.

Look forward to upcoming reviews. Pulled the trigger on 8 of these pints since s&s was piss.
    That discount and east coast shipping was impossible to resist......

Update: Oscar Night is back at Ample Hills for shipping
    Last edited by ADD61; Today at 11:10 AM.

HAHAHA my bad my friend!

Also.... I'm going to need you to let me know which 8 flavors you ordered?

That discount and east coast shipping was impossible to resist......
    I worked all day, then had dinner and was going to place an order before bed to go ahead and stock up the freezer a little more since the price was a steal, but...... I completely forgot
    I.C.E.D.