Page 101 of 180 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 5376
    ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    I got a pint of Vice Cream on sale a couple weeks back, AfternoonDelight.
    The base is terrible. It's gritty and chalky. Ugh! My expectations weren't that high, but still ...
    Listen to ADD61 above.. The only one worth scooping is "Choc Of Shame." And still it is a basic chocolate, but the brownies in mine were nice and gooey so it's a great scoop of chocolate and fudge flavors!

Originally Posted by ADD61 View Post
    Yeah, the brand for the most part has been inconsistent with execution. They seem to be to small scale to be in a retailer as large as Publix. I did pic up Choc Hall of Shame on sale recently on UGASAR’s word.
    This is true! Praying I don't let you down hahaha!

I havent been paying attention to the Museum of Ice Cream since its out West but it looks like they are working with Target to have 8 flavors in Target starting 7/8
    https://www.museumoficecream.com/pin.../#the-flavours
    Yeah, I saw this on Instagram the other week. It definitely has my interest!
    I.C.E.D.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/icecreambuythepint/?hl=en

ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In other news, I ordered the entire Salt & Straw June Chef's pack, so we will see what each one has to offer. Also threw in a sixth pint of Rhubarb Crumble Toasted Anise thanks to ADD61.

Tillamook Caramel Toffee Crunch

This happens to be another flavor of Tillamook that has made its way over to the east coast. I was highly impressed with my first flavor of theirs, Double Nutty Peanut Butter, and knew this one probably wouldn't compare to it despite it sounding great.

The base is very generic as far as flavor goes for a vanilla ice cream. It is sweet, but really doesn't highlight anything else. On top of that, Tillamook's ice cream is a bit gummy with this one. The last pint I scooped was a custard and the difference is quite obvious. This is the exact opposite of the custard. It's not very dense, and melts rather quickly.

I was impressed with the amount of caramel swirl throughout. It was incorporated into most spoonfuls. It wasn't as sticky or gooey as I would have liked, but it did help to change the texture of the ice cream.The flavor of the caramel swirl, was also a nice addition. Its sweet caramelization built upon the the vanilla base. Most impressively though, it also had buttery tones on the back end of each scoop.

The chocolate chips were scattered around, but not quite as present as the caramel swirl. They were average size and reminded me a lot of Ben & Jerry's fudge flakes in both texture and flavor. They were crunchy, but also melted in your mouth nicely. Their flavor leaned more towards dark chocolate with a slight hint of bitterness to each one.

The cookies were described as being crunchy, but I was grateful that they weren't. Each one was actually fairly soft and provided a firm chew with each bite. However, they were few and far between as I only encountered a couple throughout the entire ice cream. Also on the downside, they were flavorless.

Much like the cookies, the toffee, pecans and almonds were lacking overall. They were small and chopped up. Whenever you came across one, it was obvious due to their crunchiness. Unfortunately, each one of these was lacking in flavor as well.

This is a pass from Tillamook if you happen to see it in your grocery store. Even though the caramel was a nice touch for the vanilla, there is too much going on in the ice cream. None of the other elements, from the chocolate to the cookies to the nuts, get to shine and don't provide any flavor at all. C+

I.C.E.D.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^I have a feeling the quality of the 'special batch' flavors (like the one you tried before) tends to be higher.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like there is a good chance I'll be in Boston at the end of the month. Are there any must try ice cream places? Think Grace would give me a tour of her shop
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018

SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tyler2106 View Post
    Looks like there is a good chance I'll be in Boston at the end of the month. Are there any must try ice cream places? Think Grace would give me a tour of her shop
    Serious question: does she still have a shop?
    iForce Blueberry Muffin: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169778043
    Animal Whey CCC: /showthread.php?t=167687511
    BPI PBICB Whey-HD: /showthread.php?t=169558393
    JetMass Log: /showthread.php?t=168753313

ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SOH11 View Post
    Pretty certain she never had a brick and mortar sales location. She rented kitchen space and shipped/distributed from there.

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SOH11 View Post
    Lol I don't know. It was a joke more than anything. Last I heard though, they still sell Little G pints in stores, so I imagine she does.
    New England Patriot

Graeter's Cherry Chocolate Chip

The base is described as being vanilla, but is pink in color. Therefore, I think some cherries are mixed incorporated into the base.

However, the flavor of the base leans more towards vanilla than cherry. It is nothing great, but definitely nowhere near bad. It's sweet, milky and creamy. It does its job as a base ice cream in order to let the mixins talk.

Maraschino cherries are used as mixins. Most are halved and even whole cherries. However, there are a few smaller broken pieces of cherries. They are scattered pretty evenly throughout though, and actually have the same texture as a fresh cherry that is very soft and chewy.

The cherries definitely sweeten things up quite a bit. You can tell they are sweetened even more with their sugary coating. It essentially tastes just like a cherry fruit juice with how sweet it is. Another comparison is that it also tastes exactly like the cherry on a milkshake, sundae or even a cocktail.

One of my favorite mixins, Graeter's dark chocolate "chips," are the other mixin for this pint. As usual, they are everywhere and range in all sizes from bits to massive chunks. They are firm, but immediately begin to melt away when you eat them.

Their flavor is slightly darker, which works well with this pint. There is already enough sweetness from the base and cherries, where a milk chocolate flavor might have been overboard. The bitterness of the dark chocolate helps to cut some of that sweetness.

This pint was definitely good, but I'm not much of a fan of fruity ice creams. Black raspberry is still your best bet when choosing a fruit flavored Graeter's pint. B-

I.C.E.D.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^Looks like Greater's version of cherry garcia
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Just got home from Salt & Straw.

Tried a generous sample spoon-full of the Duck Crackling and bought a full scoop of the Beet & Humbolt Fog.

I'll review (w/pics) from the Beet flavor here soon but wanted to give my thoughts on the Duck Crackling flavor (no pics) beforehand.

I tend to agree with the previous review by F2F: the Duck Crackling tasted mainly like a high quality toffee... it was crunchy but chewy, flavorful, and I did enjoy it a lot. I had a HUGE chunk of it in my spoon so I had a chance to really savor that. There was definitely a saltiness there perhaps from the duck or elsewhere in the flavor but it contrasted very well with the cherry notes coming through.

Also, I actually expected the base to be MORE rich than it was. Honestly was pretty average compared to other S&S options. But yeah, definitely not 'light' ;o)

I didn't get much of the honey gastrique coming through BUT I still say the cherry was a nice compliment to the toffee-like flavor of the very very crunchy duck fat.

All in all, it was definitely an interested take on an experimental combination. There was a lot going on in there, but the primary notes to me were cherry, toffee (from the cracklings), and the bases heavy custard flavor/mouth feel. Kind of like having a turkey/cranberry/cream cheese sandwich or something, it's not a flavor you'd like want every day, but on a rare occasion I could definitely see myself craving a spoonful or something like that.

Would I personally buy a pint? Nah... but I mean, if you really like rich, rich toffee and cherries, honestly this could be really pleasant for you. I think it just depends.

I'd rate it at about a 8/10. It was a fun option for me, but not something I'd scoop again or buy a pint of.

Kind of sucks because I actually would encourage people to TRY it, but I can't recommend a full pint just because the individual components weren't up my alley.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 06-06-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Salt & Straw’s Roasted Beets & Humboldt Fog
    With Apple-Beet Jam & Candied Walnuts

ABOUT THE FLAVOR

“The flavor we created together is deceptively simple, featuring very few ingredients—beets, goat cheese, apples—that each come through in every scoop in ways that will blow your mind. Each scoop of this ice cream whirls together beet ice cream and goat cheese gelato, while candied walnuts shotgun themselves through both layers alongside a punchy swirl of bright beet and apple jam.”

I had a great time trying this flavor as well as trying to figure out how to explain it. It’s not an easy one.

In fact, I guess that’s par for the course this month (having a hard time explaining these flavors), but this one is a bit different.

So far of the four i’ve tried for June, this combination sounds the most basic, straight-forward, and conventional. I wasn’t really thinking it’d be a hard one to score but, alas, it was. Thanks Salt and Straw for not making these recent reviews easy 

As you can see from the top view here, there’s a lot of pink (beets), a little white (the cheese), and some darker colors (walnuts and jam) around in there. Visually, this is a pretty picture, and more clearly represents the components than the other flavors did on first-approach. What you see is, basically what you get.

First scoop... my thoughts?

I love beets, I really do, whether it’s raw, steamed, you name it. Love em. So I did go into this thinking I’d at least LIKE it regardless of the other aspects of the flavor. Now to me, I did get an immediate beet flavor (contrary to F2F’s experience). It wasn’t overwhelmingly earthy or anything, but it was distinct/noticable, and paired quite well with the sweetness/creaminess of the base. Was it my favorite base flavor? No, but definitely pleasant and NOT something i’d ever had a similar experience with ever before. I love being surprised by new base combos. This was a fun one for sure.

As you can also see, I right away got a bit of the Jam and the Cheese, too. More on that in a sec 

Ladies and gentleman, I believe we’ve struck gold. Err.. we struck, red?

Lurking in the center of my glorious ball of dairy-based bliss was this massive, hearty gobb of that beer-apple jam. I’ll go ahead and say right now that my favorite part of this flavor was the jam component. It really was more ‘preserves’ than jam. It was so, so pure... you absolutely had chewy, thick chunks of apple in there, and the texture was perfect for the other pairings. Honestly the quality of the jam and QUANTITY of it caught me off guard. I kind of started this flavor expecting cheasy/earthy, but i got so much jam it was sweeter moreso. Hell it was bleeding into the base a little bit. Mmm..mmm...mmmm!

A closer look....

I know you can’t see the walnuts in the pictures well, but they’re there. Not nearly as abundant as the Jam, but definitely there and offerred up a nice, crunchy flare to the overall package.

Individually, everything in this flavor I enjoyed:

The creamy but sweet, and also earthy beet base (which I actually got WAY more of than the cheese in my scoop).... The pure, homestyle essense of that jam... the crunch of the walnuts... and speckled little bit by bit, some pockets of the goat cheese.
    In terms of prevelence in quantity, this was the order I experienced in my personal scoop (most-to-least):

1. The Beet Ice Cream
    2. The Apple-Beet Jam
    3. The Goat Cheese Gelato
    4. The Candied Walnuts

It’s funny, at first bite the beet flavor was very potent, but as I finished up my bowl, I started to not even notice it anymore. I’m not sure why, but my palate seemed to adjust and after all was said and done, in my mouth I was left more with notes of walnut and the jam. Not sure why... but that was my experience.

So to sum it up, what do I think about this flavor?

Well my dudes/ladies... this is a tough one, it really is... and frankly I dunno why.

I liked the beet base a lot, I did. The goat cheese was actually very very nice though kind of understated IMO... and OK... i’m definitely 100% a HUGE HUGE fan of that jam. It was perfect.
    The reason I’m ambivalent here is because I feel as though if you got a perfect bite of ALL the components, this would be a 100% HOME RUN of a flavor. It’d basically taste like an Apple/Goat Cheese/Walnut Butter sandwich with a crunch. Oh man that sounds good.

I think the reason this flavor might not score AS HIGH as it otherwise could is because the mixture is in itself very compartmentalized. I seemed to experience each flavor in isolation moreso than I did as a complete flavor. But you know, that is kind of what the description said... it’s simple... each one done just right. The problem was, and constrary to the description, because everything is almost ‘undermixed’ and represented as individual parts, I didn’t really get enough of the promised “Each scoop of this ice cream whirls together...” mouth full.

So again... this was kind of tough. Almost like every element was there for an excellent, excellent flavor, but it was almost as though – if you didn’t take the time to assemble a perfect ratio in each bite – you kind of sit back and enjoy the components in isolation and wait for that perfect spoonful.

So, buy a pint? God that’s a hard one....

My opinion is that IF you like jam swirls and you like candied walnuts quite a bit, and if you’re at least able to enjoy beets in some form... i’d say go for it. It’s not an exciting flavor... i’ll say that right now. But I mean... it was fun... to me anyway. I think what was missing was some kind of exotic component to just dress it up a tad. When all the other flavors this month had some kind of ‘wow’ factor, this was kind of the “do the basics but do them REALLY well” option.

Now, if you don’t like beets, or don’t really care for jam, etc, you could probably skip it.

I’ll probably re-scoop, but I don’t think I’ll buy a pint.

But again, mileage will vary. Dat jam though... hnnnng.

Overall Score: 8.5/10

Last edited by AdamWW; 06-06-2018 at 08:18 PM.

lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Excellent investigative work peeps.

I'm leaning towards double Caramel and beet pints (1 duck, 1 soy jelly).

Getting about time to place my Salt & Straw order. These flavors sound weird, but amazing at the same time

Also, finished up my pint of Ample Hills PB Munchies. I don't know what they did to the PB base but it's not very good. I tried my hardest to like it as I ate more, but it always left an odd aftertaste. When I imagined this pint before actually digging in, I thought that mix ins would be plentiful and almost Little G mix in density. However, there weren't many and they didn't add a whole lot to the pint. Overall, pretty meh pint, but the "saving" grace was that this order wasn't for the PB Munchies. Rating: Don't Buy/10
    New England Patriot

ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lazymuchacho View Post
    Sweet Corn & Waffle Cones:

Not going to lie. Initially, it felt beyond dumb to pay $20 dollars plus for this one.

Because the flavor idea sounds of "let's show the world we can make them pay for anything". Take some cheap ice cream cones, cover them in chocolate, and throw it in what is essentially a pure cream base. Fine, we'll throw in our "already on the shelf" caramel for "complexity".

But that was a misconception. Originating from a collaboration with a famous chef, there is beauty in the level at which each step is carried out.

No, you won't "taste" corn. Instead, you'll encounter a richly creamy base that "tames" and unifies the sweetness of a plentiful swirl, the bitterness of the dark chocolate, and the harsher crunch of these cones pieces.

As we know by now, S&S's caramel swirl is an easy nominee for best in the game. Far from saccharine, it packs a more complex bitter note reminiscent of (my beloved) Salted Crack base.

It amplifies the quality cocoa and nutty brown butter freckles. These last result in an even smoother mouthfeel which contrasts wonderfully with the snap of the prime mix-in (no sogginess).

Still pissed at the "fans"(unawares) for passing on Sauvie PB&J, Apple Frosting Caramel Crackers, and Rainforest Mist because this flavor doesn't reach that G-d mode, but overall it is very very good, fun, and well worth the coin.
    Finally got to this one, so damn good. The way my pint tempered it was basically caramel syrup.

Getting about time to place my Salt & Straw order. These flavors sound weird, but amazing at the same time

Also, finished up my pint of Ample Hills PB Munchies. I don't know what they did to the PB base but it's not very good. I tried my hardest to like it as I ate more, but it always left an odd aftertaste. When I imagined this pint before actually digging in, I thought that mix ins would be plentiful and almost Little G mix in density. However, there weren't many and they didn't add a whole lot to the pint. Overall, pretty meh pint, but the "saving" grace was that this order wasn't for the PB Munchies. Rating: Don't Buy/10
    This is just my opinion, and I haven't tried the Pickled Rose Petal Jam yet, but:

Definite Recommended Order
    Tokyo PBJ
    Jeweled Brown Butter Gelato

Possible Order
    Beet + Humbuldt Fog (If you at least like beets and enjoy jam swirls) -- personally I would order
    Duck Crackling (If you love toffee and feel curious) -- personally wouldn't order

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    This is just my opinion, and I haven't tried the Pickled Rose Petal Jam yet, but:

Definite Recommended Order
    Tokyo PBJ
    Jeweled Brown Butter Gelato

Possible Order
    Beet + Humbuldt Fog (If you at least like beets and enjoy jam swirls) -- personally I would order
    Duck Crackling (If you love toffee and feel curious) -- personally wouldn't order
    No matter what the reviews were, I'm ordering one of each
    Last edited by Tyler2106; 06-07-2018 at 09:07 AM.
    New England Patriot

No matter what the reviews were, I'm ordering one of each
    anxious to hear your thoughts on them and if they match mine!

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    anxious to hear your thoughts on them and if they match mine!
    Me too Since you've gone dairy, we haven't scooped the same flavors yet.
    New England Patriot

Me too Since you've gone dairy, we haven't scooped the same flavors yet.
    Man... so much dairy... it's the best, hehehe.

Right now I'm most eager for this month's Sweet Lo special flavors. I get to pick up on June 30th... it'll be epic.

Kind of sucks, though, that with these smaller local operations I go into it knowing full well that other's won't be able to try them out

There's actually another supposedly amazing local scoop operation here in Seattle with great, great ice cream called Parfait (https://www.parfait-icecream.com/) that also sells pints in local stores. Might have to try them in the interim while I wait for Sweet Lo's later.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are good ice cream places in/near Boston, but I can't think of a must try.

I liked Christina's Homemade, JP Licks, and Forge. I think Tosci's is overpriced/overrated, but it's decent. I've heard good things about Picco, but I didn't order ice cream when I went (their pizza's good though).
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) QualityLoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Made an account just to discuss gelato because there are few greater things in life than a great pint. I have been trying to find the best grocery available pints (for convenience purposes) and been through a gauntlet of different brands and flavors. I'll do a quick rundown of what I have had so far;

Talenti: I have had various flavors and only really came out liking the sea salt caramel. I would say overall they have decent gelato, but nothing really to write home about.

Gelato Fiasco: I have only had their cookie/brownie/peanut butter dough flavor and mostly came out unimpressed. The mix-ins were good but not nearly plentiful enough and the base was so-so. They have been on sale for a bit now so if anyone has some recommendations I am willing to give it a go.

Gelarto gelato: This brand was by far the best of the three. The texture and flavor were on a different level when compared.

I am sure I am missing some other brands I have tried, but can not remember off the top of my head (will try Jeni's soon). If there are any recommendations let me know although many of you seem to be into much more exotic flavors.

r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how are you guys affording ample hills ice cream. I want to try. I am going to have to drive to orlando to get it. I currently live in Fort mYers. But $36 for 4 pints of ice cream and $40 shipping. I am going to pass. Better off order Gino's East pizza from Chicago
    *MiSc-13* - D@ G3NeRaL

**Misc M@rio Brahz**

50- "Ain't Nothing You Can Do To Stop My Shine, This is God's Plan Homie, This Aint Mine!" -50

Originally Posted by r3pnIt View Post
    how are you guys affording ample hills ice cream. I want to try. I am going to have to drive to orlando to get it. I currently live in Fort mYers. But $36 for 4 pints of ice cream and $40 shipping. I am going to pass. Better off order Gino's East pizza from Chicago
    I’m 32, single, no kids, and have a good-paying job. So... I buy tasty treats

It's all about how you value great tasting ice cream. You won't spend $20 on a pint of ice cream, but sounds like you'd spend $20-30 on a pizza. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what choices we make when we spend that much on ice cream.
    New England Patriot

Originally Posted by QualityLoss View Post
    Made an account just to discuss gelato because there are few greater things in life than a great pint. I have been trying to find the best grocery available pints (for convenience purposes) and been through a gauntlet of different brands and flavors. I'll do a quick rundown of what I have had so far;

Talenti: I have had various flavors and only really came out liking the sea salt caramel. I would say overall they have decent gelato, but nothing really to write home about.

Gelato Fiasco: I have only had their cookie/brownie/peanut butter dough flavor and mostly came out unimpressed. The mix-ins were good but not nearly plentiful enough and the base was so-so. They have been on sale for a bit now so if anyone has some recommendations I am willing to give it a go.

Gelarto gelato: This brand was by far the best of the three. The texture and flavor were on a different level when compared.

I am sure I am missing some other brands I have tried, but can not remember off the top of my head (will try Jeni's soon). If there are any recommendations let me know although many of you seem to be into much more exotic flavors.
    I dont think you are going to find true gelato in a store brand. Talenti his been fairly weak with a few exceptions recently. Gelato Fiasco has good flavors but again as a true gelato in store, tough the achieve.

I tried Gerlato Gelato on a sale/whim and it was terrible. Never again.

I dont think you are going to find true gelato in a store brand. Talenti his been fairly weak with a few exceptions recently. Gelato Fiasco has good flavors but again as a true gelato in store, tough the achieve.

I tried Gerlato Gelato on a sale/whim and it was terrible. Never again.
    Agreed... gelato is kind of it's own game altogether. You may find high-end shops (S&S, etc) using gelato as a base, but not as a standalone.

It's all about how you value great tasting ice cream. You won't spend $20 on a pint of ice cream, but sounds like you'd spend $20-30 on a pizza. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what choices we make when we spend that much on ice cream.
    Agreed... it's like anything else worth exploring. Some people are into wine, watches, cars, etc...

In my opinion, if I'm dropping a little extra here and there for something that is more than just calories but a full experience... I think it's worth it.

So yeah... an average store pint of a decent brand might only be 4-5 bucks or so, maybe less on sale, but the quality, flavor, complexity, and in many cases (like S&S) the 'wow' factor goes a long way.

It's not like we're spending $$$$ on plain vanilla.

lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, think of an island where all the misers in the world got together and tried to think of a term for the most poverty behavior ever imaginable. And then they settled on one word.

That word would be your name.

Ben & Jerry's Gimme S'more

The base is very underwhelming. There is not much marshmallow flavor to it at all, especially toasted. There are hints of sugary sweetness that favor marshmallow slightly, but overall, the base is just a sweet mix that actually has hints of molasses and honey in it as well.

As for the graham cracker swirl.. What swirl? My pint didn't have a single bit of it. Or if it was present, it was completely tasteless and blended into the base.

Do we really need to discuss the fudge flakes? Same ole, same ole. They aren't bad, just very repetitive for Ben & Jerry's. They were the typical fudge flakes that provide an initial crunch, but slowly melt away as you eat them.

The chocolate cookie swirl didn't even deserve to be in this mix, because it is far superior. It has a grittiness to it that is much welcomed in the ice cream. Imagine crumbling up an Oreo cookie, and this is the texture you are working with here.

The flavor of the cookie swirl was fantastic as well. It was also reminiscent of an Oreo, although not quite as bitter. It certainly wasn't milk chocolate in flavor, but definitely on the darker and richer side, while also maintaining a cookie flavor.

Nonetheless, this was a huge let down of a pint! The base tasted nothing like marshmallows and the graham swirl was completely absent. The chocolate cookie swirl was a great addition that I hope Ben & Jerry's uses more often. However, it still couldn't salvage this pint. Lastly, it tastes NOTHING like a s'more. B-

I.C.E.D.

Originally Posted by ugasar View Post
    Ben & Jerry's Gimme S'more

The base is very underwhelming. There is not much marshmallow flavor to it at all, especially toasted. There are hints of sugary sweetness that favor marshmallow slightly, but overall, the base is just a sweet mix that actually has hints of molasses and honey in it as well.

As for the graham cracker swirl.. What swirl? My pint didn't have a single bit of it. Or if it was present, it was completely tasteless and blended into the base.

Do we really need to discuss the fudge flakes? Same ole, same ole. They aren't bad, just very repetitive for Ben & Jerry's. They were the typical fudge flakes that provide an initial crunch, but slowly melt away as you eat them.

The chocolate cookie swirl didn't even deserve to be in this mix, because it is far superior. It has a grittiness to it that is much welcomed in the ice cream. Imagine crumbling up an Oreo cookie, and this is the texture you are working with here.

The flavor of the cookie swirl was fantastic as well. It was also reminiscent of an Oreo, although not quite as bitter. It certainly wasn't milk chocolate in flavor, but definitely on the darker and richer side, while also maintaining a cookie flavor.

Nonetheless, this was a huge let down of a pint! The base tasted nothing like marshmallows and the graham swirl was completely absent. The chocolate cookie swirl was a great addition that I hope Ben & Jerry's uses more often. However, it still couldn't salvage this pint. Lastly, it tastes NOTHING like a s'more. B-
    I figured this would be the outcome. I have zero clue how they went through the process of developing this and still released it.