Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ababw will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why do people say bad things on Crossfit?

Hey,
    I'm doing Starting Strength now, and a good friend of mine told me he met couple of people doing crossfit (at different times).
    He told me they were jacked and had a nice muscle mass.
    I told him it is because they eat well, and when you do that, you'll get bigger (if you train of course).
    I have heared some bad things on crossfit, which is why I don't do it.
    I want to know once and for all... Can Crossfit help you get bigger? Is it safe? Can you get stronger? Why do people say bad things about it?

RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RocknRun has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Crossfit isn't bad per se, but the issue is that the competitive element, compounded with poor attention to form leads to people doing exercises that are either sub optimal or downright dangerous. Coaches vary as much as personal trainers do, and unfortunately it's harder for the common person to identify a poor coach, as of one receives criticism, it will be deflected by saying that those directing the criticism are "haters".

Crossfit is not optimal for classic bodybuilding, and as such on a bodybuilding forum you will find many detractors.

You will find some crossfitters who are "buff" but these are few and far between, they likely got their size using different methods and are now using Crossfit as a fad or for fitness.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm sure there are decent crossfit boxes but .. sometimes or a lot of the times

They sacrifice form just to get the weight up (ex: hitching and rounded-back deadlifts, kipping pull-ups) which could get you injured
    A lot of their timed crap which could get people injured as well
    People just dislike the lifestyle and how much of a fad it has become
    Overpriced boxes (why pay 100-150$ a month when you can just do research and pay $30-40 for a membership)

I think as far as the cardio aspect is concerned you can certainly get fit with crossfit but as far as building muscle mass you are better off following a strength program. And if you really wanted to do oly lifting then find an olympic lifting coach. And if you wanted to get fit you don't need a crossfit WOD to do that. You can literally just make up some **** like 20 burpees 2 minutes, do sprints/running/jogging, etc. I seriously haven't seen anybody getting buff from doing crossfit, but that could likely just be my own ignorance.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaleHorseDX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I compete in Crossfit but i wouldnt say i "Crossfit". Theres a very very large difference between competitive crossfit programming and going to a box and doing WODS. I dont even train at a real box. I train mostly powerlifting/Strongman style with Oly lifts thown in. And I add in metcon work as needed. People that are jacked and strong that are involved in crossfit likely arent even doing traditional "crossfit"
    "...Its Rider's Name was Death and Hell followed him."

Powerlifting/Running/Muay Thai/Crossfit

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it will make you bigger stronger. not as much as a proper bodybuilding/strength routine. and since you are doing lifts against time , its great way to injure yourself due to lack of focus

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do both crossfit and traditional weightlifting. Both have their pros and cons and can achieve different goals. The one thing I disagree with is the notion that crossfit is much more dangerous and you are more apt to get injured. There are so many variables to it like coaching, form and personality that can be attributed to injuries. If done right, crossfit can get you both physically fit plus "bigger" but so can traditional weight training. To each their own. In the end, do what you like and what works best. After all, we are all trying to get stronger and be healthy in the end.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The issues are terrible wod programming by dave castro.. #comical

high rep, 'loose form' oly lifts are ridiculous and even worse...high rep box jumps with with jump downs. Sweet dreams achilles..

Met cons are legit, but the way they program is laughable at best, and destructive at worse.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    The issues are terrible wod programming by dave castro.. #comical

high rep, 'loose form' oly lifts are ridiculous and even worse...high rep box jumps with with jump downs. Sweet dreams achilles..

Met cons are legit, but the way they program is laughable at best, and destructive at worse.

Skip to 3:40, this is literally the WORST deadlift I've ever seen in my entire life. And this guy is literally the face of Crossfit. Legend has it that you will sever your L5 watching this, watch at your own risk! *cringe*
    positivity brah crew
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    indian crew
    anti-degen crew

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post

Skip to 3:40, this is literally the WORST deadlift I've ever seen in my entire life. And this guy is literally the face of Crossfit. Legend has it that you will sever your L5 watching this, watch at your own risk! *cringe*
    Number of reps... ZER0 :-P
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think because Olympic lifts are really hard to do well and they worry people will snap themselves?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

TylerVCreator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cross****

Pointless workout exercises
    Dangerous exercises
    Instructors often teach horrible form.
    Not gonna put on any sexy muscles. (Unless you are the .01% crossfitter on tv)
    Peanut Butter Gang

Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    because it sucks nuts its dangerous and innefective

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haters gonna hate, the top 1% of crossfit is where you find the figure heads of the sport but the bottom part of it are the ones that give it bad rep because of bad coaches trying to make a complete noob clean and jerk 135 with no prior weightlifting experience, to to mention their mobility is crap.

But before you start hating, try doing their multiple time per day workout routine and I can guarantee that most of you headasses wouldn't be able to do it.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ababw View Post
    Hey,
    I'm doing Starting Strength now, and a good friend of mine told me he met couple of people doing crossfit (at different times).
    He told me they were jacked and had a nice muscle mass.
    I told him it is because they eat well, and when you do that, you'll get bigger (if you train of course).
    I have heared some bad things on crossfit, which is why I don't do it.
    I want to know once and for all... Can Crossfit help you get bigger? Is it safe? Can you get stronger? Why do people say bad things about it?

Performing medium-to-high-skill exercises to a clock is about the dumbest thing I can think of.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by BJP2k14 View Post
    Haters gonna hate, the top 1% of crossfit is where you find the figure heads of the sport but the bottom part of it are the ones that give it bad rep because of bad coaches trying to make a complete noob clean and jerk 135 with no prior weightlifting experience, to to mention their mobility is crap.

But before you start hating, try doing their multiple time per day workout routine and I can guarantee that most of you headasses wouldn't be able to do it.
    did you not see the video posted above? pretty sure castro is the figurehead of crossfit, and it is THAT which gives crossfit a bad name. Not to mention the cringe which is the Crossfit Games. It starts from the top NOT the bottom. Sure there are bad coaches but let's not act like those at the top aren't to blame for it.

and sure many people may not be able to do their WOD routines that I acknowledge. Crossfit can get you "fit" and build "some" muscle but that is about the extent of it. However some people just lift to get stronger and if you want to do that you basically just get on a good strength-building program and that is that. With crossfit in context of their oly lifts/timed reps/cardio workouts/compound movements the objective isn't really that clear. And I'm pretty sure some people don't even train crossfit to compete in crossfit lol.
    positivity brah crew
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    indian crew
    anti-degen crew

mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Crossfit is good for making you good at crossfit. Complex movements done poorly and sacrificing technique for time.

That said, it's not just the programs that give it a bad name, it's the people. If you try to snatch your body weight the first time you step in a gym, you'll probably end up on YouTube and we'll all laugh at you.
    455/305/505
    @logans_lifts

Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think Crossfit is bad - It gets people off the couch and it's good for people who are not self motivated due to the social environment and competitive atmosphere.

That said, Almost every cross fitter I know talks about their lifting injuries like it's some sort of pride. They always seem to follow some fad diet instead of counting calories and macros.

The people who thrive at it are former athletes, or guys who already have a nice base of muscle. It's essentially cardio at most of the boxes. Those are ripped/jacked dudes you see. Aside from that it's filled with skinny dudes and housewives that pay 150/month.

Personally I'd rather hit the gym alone and do cardio on my own, and spend the money you save on kickboxing, sports leagues or rock climbing.. seems like more fun to me and it's actually useful in real life.

Like everyone else here is saying, It's a matter of finding a good coach and putting your ego to the side if you want to try it out!
    Starting Weight 215, 25% BF
    Short Term Goal: 10% BF 160
    Long Term Goal: A Lean 205!!

Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000) Norrov is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post

That made my back hurt just watching it.
    Starting Weight 215, 25% BF
    Short Term Goal: 10% BF 160
    Long Term Goal: A Lean 205!!

Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Luke753 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is why it gets made fun of:

No offense to people who do crossfit, but if they can't teach how to do one of the most basic exercises (the pull-up) then it won't be credible.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nubygaines View Post
    because it sucks nuts its dangerous and innefective
    ^this.

When I was in Afghanistan we lost more operators to Crossfit injuries than to the Taliban.

Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If you like poorly structured workouts that make no sense, terrible form, a lack of muscle and strength gains, and wasting your time and money, Crossfit is for you.
    Last edited by Isaac30001; 10-31-2016 at 03:46 PM.

jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbarker91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RocknRun View Post
    Crossfit isn't bad per se, but the issue is that the competitive element, compounded with poor attention to form leads to people doing exercises that are either sub optimal or downright dangerous. Coaches vary as much as personal trainers do, and unfortunately it's harder for the common person to identify a poor coach, as of one receives criticism, it will be deflected by saying that those directing the criticism are "haters".

Crossfit is not optimal for classic bodybuilding, and as such on a bodybuilding forum you will find many detractors.

You will find some crossfitters who are "buff" but these are few and far between, they likely got their size using different methods and are now using Crossfit as a fad or for fitness.
    Would have replied, but this sums it up. Rep for quality explanation
    Resources:
    EternityAthletics.com
    LiftLaughLove.org
    CarbyneConsulting.org

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by BJP2k14 View Post
    Coherent Sentences

I now have a greater appreciation and understanding of why the majority of your post are composed of one sentence with two to three words in them.

Stringing more than three words together to make a coherent sentence is not one of your greatest attributes.

The Problems With CrossFit

There are sooo many.

1) Ironwill2008: "Performing medium-to-high-skill exercises to a clock is about the dumbest thing I can think of."

Performing Olympic Movement and Plyometrics for Metabolic Conditioning works. As Ironwil noted, it is dumb.

It ensures poor technique development and a greater chance of injury.

It amount to using a crescent wrench to drive a nail rather than a hammer.

2) mccloudlw: "Crossfit is good for making you good at crossfit. Complex movements done poorly and sacrificing technique for time."

CrossFit falls into the Metabolic Condition Training/General Physical Preparedness Training category. While the training method employed work in regard Metabolic Conditioning it comes at the expense in "Sacrificing technique."

3) CrossFit Certification: This certification can be obtained by attending at two day weekend course.

That amount to a 16 year old kid getting his driver's license and then becoming a driving instructor for race car drivers.

4) Regarding, "...You wouldn't be able to do it."

a) Very few CrossFitters preform multiple training session per day.

b) Any two a day program is very demanding unless it amount to walking the dog.

c) The objective of training is to elicit a positive training effect.

As per your statement and what appears to be one of the covenants of CrossFit, the value of training is measure in the amount of pain one can mentally endure. That type of mentally conditioning can also be built with "Water Boarding".

d) Rhabdomyolysis. CrossFit is renowned for making this a household word in the fitness community.

CrossFit Haters

The backlash to CrossFit's poorly constructed program and unqualified trainers and individuals.

Kenny Croxdale
    Last edited by kennycroxdale; 11-01-2016 at 05:47 AM.
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Luke753 View Post
    This is why it gets made fun of:

No offense to people who do crossfit, but if they can't teach how to do one of the most basic exercises (the pull-up) then it won't be credible.
    Power Movement

I understand what you saying.

However, this is one of the few movement can elicit a positive training effect.

The Kipping Pull Up is akin to Olympic Movement that develop power output

Power Movement need to be preformed for lower repetitions, 1 - 3 per set.

With that in said, Kipping Pull Ups that are preformed in the repetition range will develop power.

The insanity is performing them non-stop.

Kenny Croxdale
    Last edited by kennycroxdale; 11-01-2016 at 05:45 AM.
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AD1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Generally when you try to make something function cool, you sacrifice elsewhere

Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    because so many people that do crossfit was such arrogant douche' bags. they turn off everyone that doesn't follow their cult and yes for many it's literally a cult. they're like Patriots fans without the winning.

also lifting weight for time is a terrible idea.
    MuscleTech Supporter

APC/GPA, SPF 220
    http://americanpowerliftingcommittee-usa.com/
    Raw 216lbs bw
    Meet#/Gym#
    Squat 660bs/700lbs
    Bench 405lbs/415lbs
    DL 650/same

Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    ^this.

When I was in Afghanistan we lost more operators to Crossfit injuries than to the Taliban.
    Oh man. I have the biggest respect for troops deployed in war zones.

But am I a bad person because I laughed (kinda hard) after reading this post?

Also, one obviously has to spread some reputation around first...

t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t_raven is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Like any label people asign to themselves, it gets hijacked by a bunch of idiots who screw it up.

Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Getup1982 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mccloudlw View Post

That said, it's not just the programs that give it a bad name, it's the people. If you try to snatch your body weight the first time you step in a gym, you'll probably end up on YouTube and we'll all laugh at you.
    With all due respect, I disagree: if a newly initiated CrossFitter (let's call him Steven) does a horrible looking snatch, it will end up on an Instagram account with close proximity to CrossFit and everybody be like:

- We are very proud of Steven. He did his first snatch
    - Ignore his cat back lift off and his bar forward travel. It's his first ever attempt and with a respectable weight at that
    - You go, Steven. You're the man!
    - Welcome to our community of Athletes!

And then after some months they all be like

- Hey let's all crowdfund Steven's (whatever spinal) operation!

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Crossfit competitions are super cool and can be quite fun to watch. Those that compete at a high level have a variety of skills and are very strong, with a lot of endurance to boot.

That being said, those that compete at a high level train at a high level. They are able to train several times per day, most days of the week. They are able to focus on quality training sessions and address many components to their fitness that a casual, 3x/week crossfitter wouldn't be able to fit into their schedule. They don't always have to be going 100% to improve.

With a casual crossfitter, they don't have time in a given week to work on everything that needs to be addressed, so the trainer ends up pushing the clients further than they should go so they will see some kind of noticeable result from the training. Crossfitters at the low level are largely a group of masochists with the "no pain, no gain" mentality. They want to be able to put in minimal work, but see improvements in their strength, flexibility, body composition, endurance, etc. from only training 3x/week. If they're not hitting "PRs" every time, then what's the point? They're gonna find another trainer who will have them hitting "PRs" daily.

It basically boils down to the fact that people are f*cking lazy, which is nothing new. Crossfit as a sport will continue to separate itself from the masses and you will likely see a massive change within its infrastructure in the next few years.