Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old thread, but I have some bad experience with CrossFit. I never cared too much about CrossFit, and neither did my girlfriend (at the time). Her and I would actually see some CrossFit workouts here and there and just laugh about it.

Anyway, this may be a little long but here it goes....

Back in 2020, when all the gyms and other places started to open back up. My girlfriend wanted to join and try it out. How did this come about? Her and I were/are both gym goers, she even went to college and got a degree in exercise science (before our relationship). She did a couple years as a personal trainer and early on in our relationship, we would nitpick at CrossFit and their style of workouts. Especially her, since she had a degree and she would explain to me why it shouldn't be done like that, those are not real pullups and are doing nothing but damaging your rotator cuff. Again, this was all coming from her and I agreed. Told her it all looks stupid.

Our relationship was pretty good for the most part, she was "the one". We had ups and downs, pretty rocky in the beginning but we always pulled through. We grew stronger, actually became a partnership, a team and each others best friend. Fast forwards a few years and covid happens, then lockdown happens. I was still going into work all during lockdown and she started working from home. She hated it at first and was going crazy, but not towards me. We were actually looking forward to spending time together when I got home from work. She was really living up to being "the one" after hearing all the guys stories at my work with their girlfriends/wives driving them crazy. I'm like "We don't have that problem, we're really good", and we really were. She was still not liking being isolated, she is defiantly an extrovert and I'm more of a ambivert so I knew this whole lockdown was hard on her. She liked going into work and being social. In all honestly, her and I were doing really good as a couple during lockdown.

So during lockdown, we started just watching random stuff on Netflix. Guess what we started watching? The CrossFit games (can't remember what they were called, but there were a couple different ones on there) and yes, we were still judging them and their types of workouts. It was pretty comical at times and we would even laugh at them and crack little jokes. Well for some reason she was being drawn to Brooke Ence. Started reading up about her, watching her on YouTube and so on. Well, after some time she mentioned that she wanted to give CrossFit a try. I was confused because of what all we talked about and how she would say all those workouts are inadequate, but I just said sure ok have fun. So June comes around, and I get notice our gym is opening back up but she wants to drive around and check out some CrossFit places she found near by. So we did but she didn't like any of them. She eventually found a place, she went to check it out by herself while I was at the gym. She liked it, signed up for their fundamental classes and joined.

At first, like the first 1 to 2 months, it wasn't too bad. I'd ask how it all went and she said she's just leaning the basics and the "language". After I think five days of that, she was actually doing the classes with the WOD's. She said most of the classes require a partner and there's this one girl there that she hopes picks her. Well, she finally did and they became pretty good friends. So this new friend is now called the WOD mother because she took my girlfriend "in". She eventually got in with the "cool" people from her box, which means she got the special invite to their group text. They (the box) also have their own type of special invite only social media type of platform. It's where only the members of that box can join, think of it like ********. You can check in to the workouts, post your workouts, like other peoples workouts and comment on them. Now, her and I are not big into social media whatsoever. No IG, Snap, TickTok or any of the trending ones. Just ******** and we're not glued to our phones. That all changed with her. She was glued to her phone now, between the group text and their app. She would come home late from her class, still talking in her group chat and on that app. It was horrible.

It seemed like each week she would come home later and later, saying they stayed after their class to do "accessories". Then it turned into her and her class went out to get some drinks after their class. Still would come home with her face buried in her phone. She would come home in pain, sitting with ice packs or a heating pad and she couldn't wait to do it again the next day. She was getting x-rays and MRI's on her shoulders and shins. She was going through physical therapy for her shoulder and she had shin splints but she kept going. She gave 100% in her classes but came home broken to me. Saturday nights I was left on my own because her and her class goes out to bars and dancing, or over the owners house for pool parties and cookouts. She also became good friends with another girl there, in her early 20's. She seems to of forgotten that I too was also in lockdown with her, she neglected me.

Her CrossFit gym really sucked her in. The owners (husband and wife) gave her "special" access to see the workouts/WODs a head of time because of her injuries, so she can decide if she feels up for it. Early on, they also send her post cards congratulating her on completing the WOD, how happy they are that she's part of the family and blah blah blah. She really ate that up.

Easter of 2021 comes around, and we spend it out of town with my parents. Again, this is not like her but that whole weekend she was glued to her phone. Even my mother told her to put her phone down and spend time with the family. She just said "sorry I'm in a group chat and they won't stop talking to me". I said "then stop talking to them", she didn't like that and gave me a look. So she walked into the bedroom and my mom said "what's going on with her?" So I pretty much told her what I typed above.

Her and I leaving my parents on Easter day, 3 hour drive and it was not a good 3 hour drive home. I told her how I felt, she gaslights me and says why can't I just be happy for her that she found something she really likes. We both took off Monday from work, I wake up Monday morning and she tells me she wants me out of her house.

Less than two weeks after she told me to pretty much get out our 8 year anniversary trip was planned, that we had to postpone the year prior because of covid. Was supposed to be for our 7 year.

Bottom line. CrossFit is a cult. When you're part of it, that's what you are now.

If it matters, I'm in my early 40's and she's in her late 30's.
    Last edited by eynow; 08-04-2022 at 04:21 AM.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You have an account since 2013 and your first post is a very long one about cross fit.

Interesting!
    Usually, the first post here is something like "Please review my 6 day PPL routine"
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eynow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    You have an account since 2013 and your first post is a very long one about cross fit.

Interesting!
    Usually, the first post here is something like "Please review my 6 day PPL routine"
    Yeah, I used to order stuff from BB but then I got into eating real foods. I've been researching this whole CrossFit cult/community thing and this thread popped up on Google. Knew I had an account so just thought I'd share my story with it. Just still seems so surreal to me even after over a year.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by eynow View Post
    Yeah, I used to order stuff from BB but then I got into eating real foods. I've been researching this whole CrossFit cult/community thing and this thread popped up on Google. Knew I had an account so just thought I'd share my story with it. Just still seems so surreal to me even after over a year.
    Okay.
    I read your story.
    Interesting.
    No offense, but maybe she met someone there? Another guy, a male WOD.
    People don't usually break up that easily after 7 years. Sunday you had the fight in the car and Monday she tells you it's over.
    Especially in the late 30s.

Everything can become a religion, from bodybuilding to powerlifting to crossfit.

Disregard symmetrical proportions, aquire grossness and likes on social media.
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

Okay.
    I read your story.
    Interesting.
    People don't usually break up that easily after 7 years. Sunday you had the fight in the car and Monday she tells you it's over.

Everything can become a religion, from bodybuilding to powerlifting to crossfit.

Like I said, it's still all surreal to me but yes she ended our 7 year, almost 8 year relationship just like that. Maybe she met someone but she tells me there was no one else. She told me she can't give me what I need anymore and she wants to be single and happy. That was over a year ago....

I guess I left this part out, but I'll tell it anyway....

Two weeks before the trip to my parents, she dropped off one of our dogs at the vet for a surgery he was getting done in the AM. She was supposed to pick him up later that day, but he wasn't ready until later than planned so she asked if I could go pick him up after work so she doesn't miss her class. I felt a certain kind away about that because that means I have to skip the gym. So I picked him up anyway, but I had an attitude.

Then the week before the trip to my parents. I'm already at the gym and she sends me a text about 30 to 45 mins of me into my workout that she locked her keys in the house. So I had to leave the gym, in the middle of my workout to come home and let her back in so she doesn't miss her class. Yeah I had an attitude then, too. I asked her if she would of left her workout to let me back in the house to get my keys. She said it depends if she was already at her class or not. I asked her how she had her phone but not her keys, her and I both knew that answer. Too busy in her group text.
    Last edited by eynow; 08-04-2022 at 05:01 AM.

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They made working out, trying to be fit into a competition.

In so doing, they made working out, trying to be fit as easy as possible so they can do more reps in order to win in the competition.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Soldier

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆snailsrus �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆High Five �яєω☆☆☆

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay.
    I read your story.
    Interesting.

Seems like everyone has a religion. They just don't realize what it is.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eynow View Post
    Like I said, it's still all surreal to me but yes she ended our 7 year, almost 8 year relationship just like that. Maybe she met someone but she tells me there was no one else. She told me she can't give me what I need anymore and she wants to be single and happy. That was over a year ago....
    You're in your 40s, she's in her late 30s & she was still only your girlfriend after 7 years? I mean, you could pretty much end the story there about why she left to be single & pursue other opportunities.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You're in your 40s, she's in her late 30s & she was still only your girlfriend after 7 years? I mean, you could pretty much end the story there about why she left to be single & pursue other opportunities.
    Didn't want to quote the OP post because of too much stuff to delete.

But she wanted a ring. 7 years is too long. I gave this lady a ring after 2 years. That was about 10 years ago.

It's like "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Eventually the cow isn't happy.
    Current rankings

EliKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerantLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGripMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Weasel
    Steffo9: Ferret
    MarkT: Snapping turtle
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearsOfIc: Fox
    Paulinkanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wolf

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    It's like "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Eventually the cow isn't happy.
    Profound.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe this will help OP understand why

https://www.noobgains.com/crossfit-injury-statistics/
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the crossfit games are pretty fun to watch. Basically like American Gladiators final round but doing crazy circuits. And I like circuit training.