Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Melendez1223 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

re

Absolutely, my CAP bar had metal pieces on the inside floating around. After fixing it up it doubled the spin and smoothness, and also gave me a chance to wipe off that ugly green sticker. The Troy bar was more of the same, I'm much happier with its performance than I was initially, the spin seemed rough and only lasted for about 12-14 seconds when tested (both sides). Now it seems much smoother and is going for 18-20 seconds on average when using a 45lb plate and several spins. I saw a video a long time ago where someone suggested doing this initial maintenance with every bar you buy, even if it's an Ivanko or Eleiko. I would just be nervous as hell breaking one of those down LOL

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Melendez1223 View Post
    Absolutely, my CAP bar had metal pieces on the inside floating around. After fixing it up it doubled the spin and smoothness, and also gave me a chance to wipe off that ugly green sticker. The Troy bar was more of the same, I'm much happier with its performance than I was initially, the spin seemed rough and only lasted for about 12-14 seconds when tested (both sides). Now it seems much smoother and is going for 18-20 seconds on average when using a 45lb plate and several spins. I saw a video a long time ago where someone suggested doing this initial maintenance with every bar you buy, even if it's an Ivanko or Eleiko. I would just be nervous as hell breaking one of those down LOL
    I've begun a habit of refurbishing old barbells and clamps. I put in the work on a fully rusted out Rogue Castro bar and a fully frozen sleeved Ivanko OB-84 (I think Ivanko's first ever barbell). Also have a pair of every Ivanko pressure ring collar they make that was thrown in with the Ivanko gear I recently picked up (3 pairs, 10lb, 5lb, and 2-1/2lb)

Got all of these for under 100 dollars total, but in terms of labor probably put in about 12 hrs worth restoring them all. Time is money, but I enjoyed the process. I even stripped down to bare steel and re-oxidized to black part of the Ivanko bar. I already had some brass wire wheels, and the only out of pocket unique tool I bought was a channel lock snap ring tool. Super lube I had handy.

The Rogue Castro 1.0 spins the best like it's on bearings. The Ivanko OB-84 has the tightest tolerances as doesn't' have an vertical play at all, and just some slight horizontal movement. Surprisingly the only barbell i bought new, I don't use (Rogue 2.0 bar).

Don't be afraid of a quality brand model that needs a little work. You can save a lot of money. You don't need to fully restore like I did, just the sleeve internals is essential.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DarthCholo; 05-27-2019 at 10:11 PM.

EricWillson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for this knowledge.
    I was looking for a forum that can help me get all this knowledge.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Gamecockbell View Post
    I have the AB elite power bar because it was one of the few options for stainless steel at the time. Ive been disappointed in the durability of the sleeves. I recently purchased the xmark curl bar- with chrome sleeves and they are mint condition after a month. The AB was scratched after a few sessions. The knurling on the AB is good for general strength exercises which is what I was into at the time. But now I'm gravitating more towards growing DL,SQ,BP,OHP and I wish the knurling was more aggressive. Just my .02. I'm going to keep the AB but I'm sure I'll eventually add the OPB or something similar.

interesting
    i was thinking of a ab bar because i thought the hard chrome sleeves would stand up the best

whats the best cerakote bar available now with the most aggressive knurl? was looking at the california

l

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    interesting
    i was thinking of a ab bar because i thought the hard chrome sleeves would stand up the best

whats the best cerakote bar available now with the most aggressive knurl? was looking at the california

l
    maybe i posted in the wrong area?

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    maybe i posted in the wrong area?
    Your best option for durability is stainless.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Your best option for durability is stainless.
    I just hate beat up sleeves lol

My son wanted a rouge ohio bar so i ordered that but I'm going to want a power bar for myself soon probably

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just hate beat up sleeves lol

My son wanted a rouge ohio bar so i ordered that but I'm going to want a power bar for myself soon probably
    A bar with stainless sleeves is what you want. Vulcan Strength and Rep Fitness both make them. Rep should be putting a more aggressive version of their stainless bar up any day. That's the one I'd probably get.

A bar with stainless sleeves is what you want. Vulcan Strength and Rep Fitness both make them. Rep should be putting a more aggressive version of their stainless bar up any day. That's the one I'd probably get.
    ok thanks

CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm looking to replace a general purpose bar.

I've been using the rep fitness excalibur bar (original) for years....primarily for shrugs, rows, etc. I have the rogue and kabuki power bar, I have a duffalo bar, etc...

I'd like a bar with sharper knurling than the old excalibur as its basically smooth now and no center knurl

I also have the rogue 2.0 bar and dont like it at all...it's very loud and I don't like the knurling at all. It's more aggressive than excalibur but not by much. I got the black zinc finish at the time which I think made it even less aggressive

Originally Posted by CharlottePT View Post
    I'm looking to replace a general purpose bar.

I've been using the rep fitness excalibur bar (original) for years....primarily for shrugs, rows, etc. I have the rogue and kabuki power bar, I have a duffalo bar, etc...

I'd like a bar with sharper knurling than the old excalibur as its basically smooth now and no center knurl

I also have the rogue 2.0 bar and dont like it at all...it's very loud and I don't like the knurling at all. It's more aggressive than excalibur but not by much. I got the black zinc finish at the time which I think made it even less aggressive
    Depending on your budget the new Rep EX Power Bar might be perfect. Stainless with sharp knurling. They usually have a good Black Friday sale, but who knows if the bar will be included.
    https://www.repfitness.com/rep-deep-knurl-power-bar-ex

UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Genuine inspired by what you should state about the collars as I probably am aware about free weights.

Are you going to discuss the loads as there appear to be bunches of types or would that be another string

I'm looking at the rogue power bar in stainless - do i want stainless sleeves and why? I was thinking chrome but idk. Which will wear better?

Also will the stainless bar need much upkeep? I really don't want to worry about oiling it etc. I like the idea of feeling the raw ss but should I just get a coated bar for less maintenance?

I have the rogue ohio bar in cerakote and hate the almost smooth knurl with it - at least my son is happy with it but bla

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-4...-bar-stainless

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't speak for the stainless sleeves on the Rogue OPB, but my chrome sleeves on the stainless bar still looked great after about 8 months. Although I sold the bar and traded up for the REP EX deep knurl Power bar, we'll see how those stainless sleeves do over time.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    If one is not lifting that much weight is the bar still important. I used to workout at a gym and mainly do dumbbells. With the current pandemic I will lift at home for the foreseeable future and possibly never join a gym again as I am enjoying working out at home. My bar is currently only a 25 lb. Rogue youth bar as I got that for my kids. I am benching about 180 pounds most days so was wondering if there is a bar that is recommended. I likely do not need the top of the line bar for more powerful lifters. Yet I do want a good bar especially since I now plan to work out at home.

Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    If one is not lifting that much weight is the bar still important. I used to workout at a gym and mainly do dumbbells. With the current pandemic I will lift at home for the foreseeable future and possibly never join a gym again as I am enjoying working out at home. My bar is currently only a 25 lb. Rogue youth bar as I got that for my kids. I am benching about 180 pounds most days so was wondering if there is a bar that is recommended. I likely do not need the top of the line bar for more powerful lifters. Yet I do want a good bar especially since I now plan to work out at home.
    Few people really need a top of the line barbell but we enjoy using them. Normally the recommendation would be to find one on the used market but it's crazy right now. Still, look used for deals and keep an eye on stock at Rep Fitness, Rogue, American Barbell, Vulcan Strength, and Fringe Sport. Grab a power bar when one you can afford becomes available. Check their discounted b-stock as well if you aren't picky. For a review site, I like www.garagegymlab.com.

Stay safe benching at home! I hope you have a spotter or rack with spotter arms/straps.

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Few people really need a top of the line barbell but we enjoy using them. Normally the recommendation would be to find one on the used market but it's crazy right now. Still, look used for deals and keep an eye on stock at Rep Fitness, Rogue, American Barbell, Vulcan Strength, and Fringe Sport. Grab a power bar when one you can afford becomes available. Check their discounted b-stock as well if you aren't picky. For a review site, I like www.garagegymlab.com.

Stay safe benching at home! I hope you have a spotter or rack with spotter arms/straps.
    thanks yes I have a rack with spotter arms. I guess I just have used commerical gyms since I started and cannot even recognize what a good bar is.

Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    thanks yes I have a rack with spotter arms. I guess I just have used commerical gyms since I started and cannot even recognize what a good bar is.
    If you buy new from any of those manufacturers I mentioned, especially if you go with a power bar, you aren't going to get a "bad" bar unless it happens to be defective. It's more about finding a bar with the specs you're after at a price you can afford. Rogue, for example, has many bar options that all vary slightly in the diameter, coatings, etc. None are objectively bad bars, just different.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have 2 bars with Cerakote shafts, both by Wright Equipment in Alabama, and they have held up fine in a garage gym in a humid climate (Memphis) with 2 users. 1 of them is a power bar with a 31mm shaft; I really like it, the extra diameter really spreads the load out in the hand for pushing movements. I don't recommend it for your only bar, though; unless you are working on your grip, the extra width gets in the way for pulling movements, such as rows and deadlifts. for that, I have a 28mm bar with bearings, also from Wright.

Edit: + the Cerakote is kind of grippy, I really like the texture for a barbell (it's great on firearms, too).

marshellis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help identify this barbell

It is all black and labeled “ProSeries 1000 LB” on the collars
    I can’t find anything online

Thank you for your help!

Originally Posted by marshellis View Post
    It is all black and labeled “ProSeries 1000 LB” on the collars
    I can’t find anything online

Thank you for your help!
    It sounds like a bar most likely made in China you'd find on Amazon, but photos would help, especially of the sleeve collar and end cap. You can attach using the "Go Advanced" button when you reply/post.

It sounds like a bar most likely made in China you'd find on Amazon, but photos would help, especially of the sleeve collar and end cap. You can attach using the "Go Advanced" button when you reply/post.
    I forgot to mention bar is also a bearing bar, possibly needle. The will the ends will spin for over 20 seconds.

Here are links to the pics

ibb.co/vVLdwh5

ibb.co/mC3CXY1

ibb.co/ZJhCdPp

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guys I purchased two new Ohio bars , one for benching and one dedicated to deadlifts .
    I like the black and chrome look , but I have noticed a problem I never expected . I have more difficulty seeing the ring on the bar when I put on hands on the bar during benchpressing.
    Not a big issue but something I thought I’d point out for future owners . Love the Ohio bars though , and it’s a real improvement benching with a bar that’s not bent now , as my old cheap bar used to try and roll in my hands as I bench with a suicide grip

Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by marshellis View Post
    I forgot to mention bar is also a bearing bar, possibly needle. The will the ends will spin for over 20 seconds.
    My guess is an older Wright bar, but it could still be a random Amazon bar or maybe Ethos, Troy, or Xmark.The fact that it has snap rings instead of bolt ends and spins well suggests that it's decent and the look reminds me of Wright. They aren't popular but seem to be pretty good. Most bars that list the rated weight on them are on the low end. Diameter of 28 to 29 mm instead of larger 30 to 32 mm would suggest higher quality, as would little to no play/slop in the sleeves. Use it and enjoy it or you can probably sell for a good price in this market.

Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Guys I purchased two new Ohio bars , one for benching and one dedicated to deadlifts .
    I like the black and chrome look , but I have noticed a problem I never expected . I have more difficulty seeing the ring on the bar when I put on hands on the bar during benchpressing.
    Not a big issue but something I thought I’d point out for future owners . Love the Ohio bars though , and it’s a real improvement benching with a bar that’s not bent now , as my old cheap bar used to try and roll in my hands as I bench with a suicide grip

Congrats! Rogue briefly had one in stock the other day and I was tempted to buy just for the hell of it. I have an empty spot on my gun rack and haven't tried a Rogue bar yet. I'm curious why you didn't go for the deadlift bar and/or power bar?

I found black a little challenging too when I had an oxide bar, but I got used to finding my fingering with feel.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats! Rogue briefly had one in stock the other day and I was tempted to buy just for the hell of it. I have an empty spot on my gun rack and haven't tried a Rogue bar yet. I'm curious why you didn't go for the deadlift bar and/or power bar?

I found black a little challenging too when I had an oxide bar, but I got used to finding my fingering with feel.
    Actually I covered all the bases I think now . Squat bar , deadlift bar ,stainless steel power bar , and a few 28.mm bars for whatever

Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Actually I covered all the bases I think now . Squat bar , deadlift bar ,stainless steel power bar , and a few 28.mm bars for whatever

Nice bars!
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Nice bars!
    Thanks . Certainly no regrets
    Make Misc great again

alexilumau2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's no denying that bookkeeping services are vital- especially when you have just started with your business. As per most business owners and experts, bookkeeping services can make a lot of difference- to help keep your company's accounts and finances on track.