DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000) DomainMaster is just really nice. (+1000)

Do athletes really do any heavy lifting during the season?

I always read and hear on various forums that an athlete should lift heavy at least once a week during season to maintain any gains, but I never see it (emphasis on 'I' not seeing it, not saying it's not out there). Most professional teams (mostly soccer, and some basketball) that I have seen on youtube just do plyos, bodyweight exercises, or very light cable exercises. I myself have tried lifting relatively heavy during season to maintain my gains but my CNS always feels fried despite a using very low volume and I end up performing terribly. I am a soccer player, and I just haven't figured out a way to workout my legs while running and playing lot.

If any of you have Ronaldo on instagram, he posts his workouts a lot, and most of his leg exercises are with bands or on machines. I never see him lift a heavy weight, yet he is way stronger, leaner, and bigger. I know there could be potential PED use as well, but I'd like to hear from you guys and if you have managed to lift during season while performing at your very best.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MOst athletes dont work legs more than once a week in season, and dont use a lot of volume or push max weights.

2x5 at 75% of your 1 RM is more than enough.

DOnt base your workouts on Ronaldo though.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plenty of American Football players lift heavy one day/week during the season. http://www.stack.com/a/james-harriso...tuff-of-legend

Your Hate=My Motivation Eaglepride03's Avatar
    Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    It's good to lift heavy at least once a week. When I say "heavy", I don't mean max outs though. About 75-80% of your max is good for in-season, but again, be smart. It's about keeping your weight and strength more than anything. Ronaldo isn't a good example for you because he has a lot more methods he uses simply because he has the money to afford those things. Not saying you don't but realistically he is a professional athlete. He has a different concern. He's more concerned about keeping his joints healthy and ligaments good from all the playing he's done his entire life.
    My Journal to D1 Football: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139625333

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DomainMaster View Post
    I always read and hear on various forums that an athlete should lift heavy at least once a week during season to maintain any gains, but I never see it (emphasis on 'I' not seeing it, not saying it's not out there). Most professional teams (mostly soccer, and some basketball) that I have seen on youtube just do plyos, bodyweight exercises, or very light cable exercises. I myself have tried lifting relatively heavy during season to maintain my gains but my CNS always feels fried despite a using very low volume and I end up performing terribly. I am a soccer player, and I just haven't figured out a way to workout my legs while running and playing lot.

If any of you have Ronaldo on instagram, he posts his workouts a lot, and most of his leg exercises are with bands or on machines. I never see him lift a heavy weight, yet he is way stronger, leaner, and bigger. I know there could be potential PED use as well, but I'd like to hear from you guys and if you have managed to lift during season while performing at your very best.
    yes just focus on less leg volume it depends on the sport though. Soccer has you do a lot of running. Its endurance based. so you would need smaller legs compared to other sports like baseball even.