TTSBaseball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

12 Weeks of Gains 225B, 315S, 405D?

Starting off at 160lbs bodyweight and bench max of 135x5, squat maxes of 235x4, 185x12, deadlift max of 345x2 barbell and 370x1 trap bar. I'm 17 and I've been lifting consistently for about two weeks now. Is it reasonable to strive for a 330x5 squat, 210x5 bench, 415x5 deadlift after 12 weeks? I'm going to eat in a caloric surplus and train hard/smart. Progress is just so addicting. Thanks for the help bros.

younglifter7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, you are wanting to do way to much in too little. In 3 months you are wanting to add a tremendous amount of weight. Youve been seeing gains in the 2 weeks but plateaus are bound to follow. Ive lifted since 13 and am now 17 and it took all of those years to get where i am at

Originally Posted by younglifter7 View Post
    No, you are wanting to do way to much in too little. In 3 months you are wanting to add a tremendous amount of weight. Youve been seeing gains in the 2 weeks but plateaus are bound to follow. Ive lifted since 13 and am now 17 and it took all of those years to get where i am at
    We'll see boss. I know it's a marathon and not a sprint. I was actually going to go for a much slower progression but I'm going to follow a linear progression for as long as possible. These lifts are basically natural strength levels. A lot of quality food+consistent intense training+sleep=very good progress I would be very happy with 185x10, 315x5, 405x5 but I believe that if I'm capable of more why should I restrain myself.
    Everyone has the desire to win, but only Champions have the desire to prepare.

Macros: 193g Protein, 103g Fat, 505g Carbohydrates

teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000) teenguru88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can confidently say that you will not be able to reach these goals naturally in 12 weeks.

3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TTSBaseball View Post
    Starting off at 160lbs bodyweight and bench max of 135x5, squat maxes of 235x4, 185x12, deadlift max of 345x2 barbell and 370x1 trap bar. I'm 17 and I've been lifting consistently for about two weeks now. Is it reasonable to strive for a 330x5 squat, 210x5 bench, 415x5 deadlift after 12 weeks? I'm going to eat in a caloric surplus and train hard/smart. Progress is just so addicting. Thanks for the help bros.
    Its possible if you are willing to eat a lot.
    Starting Strength will get you there.

Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are willing to down 10k+ calories a day for 3 months, it COULD be possible.

If you're in a slight surplus, or doing a lean bulk, this will be doable in 1-2 years, if ****ty genetics maybe more.

xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    a 330x5 squat, 210x5 bench, 415x5 deadlift after 12 week

Very unrealistic expectations man it just won't happen...I mean I went from a 155 bench for like 2 to a 225 bench in about 4 months eating in a caloric surplus and ****. Deadlift 275 to a 375 but honestly that was in a few months of hard training.

But yeah don't expect those results especially that bench/deadlift. I've been deadlifting for a long time now and I still can't do 415 for 5 that easy (well I took a year off deadlifts but I'm back to them).

What are realistic expectations/goals? 405x3 deadlift would be adding around 60lbs to my max. 315x3 squat would be about 70lbs to my squat. 185x5 would be about 50lbs on bench. If I gain 15-20lbs of bodyweight (not just LBM lmao) in the 12 week training cycle the numbers don't seem unreasonable. The more you can lift as a novice the faster you can progress right? Heavier weights allow for a quicker adaptation maybe? More overload on the muscle lol? All I know is that people seem to progress from 225 to 315 than they do from 135-225. I'm talking about squatting at least 3 times a week though. Thanks for the help bros.

Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tresiel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm more interested in your starting maxes tbh
    Bench 135x5,
    Squat 235x4,
    Deadlift 345x2

2 weeks into lifting squat/dead quite strong for 0 lifting beforehand

Bench was 135x5 first day. No spotter so bench is the lift that I push the least and it to most it matters the most 😞. Squats my back was actually the weakness. I did 185x5 day 1, then 195x5, then 215x5, I got 225x1 and a huge confidence boost. Next session was 225x5 and then 235x4 which probably could have been 6. Deadlift of 345x2 was from first day. Haven't done the lift since. If my squat goes up my deadlift will go up. Chin ups are at 15 which is pretty good I guess. I can only do 4 reps with a 25lbs plate though. My starting numbers are pretty good I guess. I saw some guy on YouTube, Johneffer, and he started with similar numbers and got very strong naturally before he just became insanely huge and strong as an enhanced lifter.

185x20 in the squat. If only I could bench like my squat.

No lifting for the past nine days? That really stunk. Squat PR of 225x10 today. I need to be much more consistent with my lifting though. I've learned that incline bench without a spotter is really hard but I will need to figure it out. Does anyone have experience with cleans or high pulls? It seems like high pulls will almost be more effective for me than struggling to catch cleans. Thanks for the help.

MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJCarnahan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TTSBaseball View Post
    Why not??? People are going to tell you it's impossible or unrealistic but what do they know. Genetics, nutrition, sleep, programming, and training intensity will all factor greatly. No one can truly tell you whether you can or can't. Go for it man, let us know how it goes!!
    YT Fitness & Lifestyle Channel "Michael Joseph"
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoaZB0VSXjVXwp1K0elkGJg
    Feel free to check it out; have a blessed day!!

a brah tryin to make it AdnanJumper's Avatar
    AdnanJumper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High pulls will help with getting the bar high enough so you have more time to drop under the bar, go for it
    5'10 157lbs

Squat 275lbs
    Bench 205 lbs
    Deadlift 370lbs

HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can certainly strive for those goals, but they're unrealistic in the amount of time you're setting for yourself. You're trying to cram pretty much a year's worth of progress into 3 months. Is there anything wrong with training really hard and setting high goals for yourself? No. But don't be surprised when you don't hit those numbers. What you're describing is impossible to attain naturally in 12 weeks in 99.9999999% percent of cases. The likelihood, btw, of you being the 0.0000001% is 1 in 10,000,000.

Unless you're some type of genetic god previously unheard of in the entire history of humanity, those numbers are unrealistic in the extreme. If I were you, I'd still strive to hit those numbers, but move the date back. Like try to hit those by next June/July. With consistent training and diet that's a more realistic and attainable approach.
    To live is Christ, to die is gainz

Sarcastic commentary on life/etc: https://twitter.com/samueljhand
    YouTube: Samuel Hand

gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nobody here can tell you. Just bust ass for 12 weeks and see where you're at.

Adding 60 lbs to your deadlift max in 12 weeks is not unheard of. That's 5 lbs/week. Seems manageable.
    Powerlifting 455/340/610 @ 181
    Weightlifting 114/143 @ 77

eraoftbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whatever you do just don't try to push progression because it will end up badly.

I appreciate the feedback. It'll be interesting to see how I keep progressing. It seems like I improve pretty quickly when I train. I've learned my lesson on the subject of risk versus reward so I try to limit the stupidity within my daily activities.

Originally Posted by xbodybuilder View Post
    a 330x5 squat, 210x5 bench, 415x5 deadlift after 12 week

Very unrealistic expectations man it just won't happen...I mean I went from a 155 bench for like 2 to a 225 bench in about 4 months eating in a caloric surplus and ****. Deadlift 275 to a 375 but honestly that was in a few months of hard training.

But yeah don't expect those results especially that bench/deadlift. I've been deadlifting for a long time now and I still can't do 415 for 5 that easy (well I took a year off deadlifts but I'm back to them).
    Not to be a prick, but I deadlifted 420lbs today at a bodyweright of 166.6lbs. It's been 40 days and I gained only 5lbs of bodyweight. Never say never folks.

pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushups50 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was about your weight, and I pretty much devoted myself to squats and deadlifts mainly. I don't bench often. It took me over 2 years of consistent and difficult training, including Smolov, to squat 325lbsx6 ATG. Those stats may be possible within a year if you do nothing but train, sleep, and eat, with little outside life stress.

From what I know, sleep is the most vital aspect for gains personally. I can eat as much as I want, but without adequate sleep, I am useless.

Originally Posted by pushups50 View Post
    I was about your weight, and I pretty much devoted myself to squats and deadlifts mainly. I don't bench often. It took me over 2 years of consistent and difficult training, including Smolov, to squat 325lbsx6 ATG. Those stats may be possible within a year if you do nothing but train, sleep, and eat, with little outside life stress.

From what I know, sleep is the most vital aspect for gains personally. I can eat as much as I want, but without adequate sleep, I am useless.
    Deadlift genetics been berry berry good to me.

What should my bench frequency look like? More is better?

ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChainGun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Putting 75 lbs on your bench, 95 lbs on your squat, and 70 lbs on your deadlift in 3 months is fairly unreasonable, considering g you're training naturally. You're more likely to hit these goals in 9 months to a year. For me, it takes a month and a half to add 10 lbs to all my major compound lifts. That being said, I would recommend going for it anyways. You will see progress, just take it slow and steady and you'll be where you want to be. Consistency and dedication is key.
    405x1-315x1-515x1

S-B-D

Insta @t3lifts