Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    MartinRask is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The 3 First Days Of The Week

Originally Posted by TheViking1992 View Post
    The big guy is back with another series of novice/early-intermediate routines - The Bare Bones programs - these are actually the first routines I made, just after I got my PT certification years ago. So I pulled them out of the graveyard, dusted them off and made a few tweaks and improvements to them, based on my current knowledge and experience. There are three versions, a 3 day Fullbody workout, 4 day upper/lower split and 5 day Upper/Lower/Pull//Push/Legs split. Every version can be run by a beginner, while the fullbody routine might get a bit tough to handle as you move into intermediate territory. Figure out how many training days will keep you motivated to going to the gym and pick the routine that fits with your desire.

The Rep Goal Progression

These programs are based on a very simplistic progression system. You have a set rep goal you need to reach within the allowed number of sets, before you can add weight to the lift. So if we take squats for instance, where we have 4 sets with a rep goal of 32. Set 1 you may get 10 reps, Set 2: 9 reps, Set 3: 7 reps and Set 4: 6 reps... and then add some weight the next time you're squatting. 5, 10 or even 20 pounds, depending on the lift and what you're comfortable with. If you're failling to reach the rep goal, you simply stay with the same weight until you hit it. This kind of progression makes it far more self regulated than the average novice routine, which means you can stick with it for longer.

The Fullbody Routine

You run it with the standard rest day between the training days, taking two days off after each round.

Day 1
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Bench Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Barbell Row - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Seated Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Seated DB Press/Military Press - 2 sets - 20 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

Day 2
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip T-bar or Cable Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

Day 3
    Bench Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Barbell Row - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Seated DB Press or Military Press - 2 sets - 20 reps
    Close-grip Pulldowns - 3 sets - 30 reps

The Upper/Lower Split

Upper 1/Lower 1/Off/Upper 2/Lower 2/Off/Off and repeat...

Upper Day 1
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    One-arm Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

Lower Day 1
    or
    Hack Squat - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps

Upper Day 2
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Overhead Cable Extensions/Cable Hammer Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each

Lower Day 2
    Leg Extensions/Leg Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each

The Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split

Upper/Lower/Off/Pull/Push/Legs/Off and repeat

Upper Day

Lower Day
    or
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps

Pull Day
    T-bar, Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip Puldowns - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hammer Curls, Cable or DB - 3 sets - 35 reps

Push Day
    Cable Crossovers - 3 sets - 40 reps
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Overhead Cable Extensions - 3 sets - 35 reps

Leg Day

Hope you'll enjoy these programs and I'm all ears for your response.
    So, my problem is that i only have the first 3 days of the week to workout.

My Question is:
    Would it be ideal to do the "Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split", but without the "Upper/Lower" part.
    And should i implement some of the exercises from "Upper/Lower" to the "Pull/Push/Legs"?

LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LargePeter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    End of week three on the first program, far stronger than when I started

Day two is a killer for time, and I haven't squatted for years due to not training anyway and - when training - terrible shoulder mobility making it impossible to support the bar.

Seeing a physical therapist helped immensely with shoulders - squatting twice a week plus deadlifting is something I look forward to right now, mainly to see how quickly I can get to a 1.5x BW squat and a 2x bodyweight deadlift.

Whole body transformation happening with this plus heaps of calories.
    RAW DOG CREW LIEUTENANT

NEG ONLYFANS THREADS CREW

NEG ATTENTION WHORES PISSING AND MOANING IN THREADS ABOUT ATTENTION WHORES CREW

ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW

PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP CREW

LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER CREW

EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF CREW

Shardoenaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shardoenaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shardoenaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For personal reasons I stopped going to the gym and I am starting my home gym.
    As I do lack Cables and certain machines I wonder what the best subs are for some of the exercises.

I've been doing the 5 day split for a month now and seriously enjoying it, so I want to stick with that program!^

The Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split

Upper/Lower/Off/Pull/Push/Legs/Off and repeat

Upper Day
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps <-- Is there a good sub when you don't have a pullup bar yet? I had some problems with it and had to send it back ... So I don't have one for a week or more... <--> One arm DB row?
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each <-- DB Pullover and reverse fly?

Lower Day
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps <--DB lunges?

Pull Day
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps <-- One arm DB row? But then i have 2x DB row?
    T-bar, Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip Puldowns - 3 sets - 35 reps <-- skip this one, since it's already subbed once?
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each <-- DB Pullover and reverse fly?
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hammer Curls, Cable or DB - 3 sets - 35 reps

Push Day
    Cable Crossovers - 3 sets - 40 reps <--DB fly's?
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Overhead Cable Extensions - 3 sets - 35 reps <--overhead DB extensions?

Leg Day
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps <--DB lunges?
    Last edited by Shardoenaj; 03-21-2019 at 05:00 AM. Reason: 'caus I can. (Better alt. for ex.)

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Viking, so what is your reasoning behind no front squat in any of these programs?
    Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014

envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) envisu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Been following the 4day split program for four months now and quite happy with the strength gains.

That said, I've chopped and changed a few things. Replaced one day of mil press with db press, cut away calf exercises (mine are naturally quite big and I genuinely do not enoy working them) and added on farmers carrys at the end of both lower workouts to assist with grip issues.

coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, just curious about how you all progress on your main compound lifts.

For example, I’m on the U/L and add 2.5 lbs to my bench at a time. I shoot for 4 sets of 7 on Upper 1, and Ill either manage 4 sets of 8 on Upper 2 and add weight on Upper 1, or I’ll hit some combination of 7s and 8s and get all 32 the following Upper day, etc. But bench has been relatively straightforward for me. It’s been a lot more difficult to increase my squat linearly, and I’m still trying to figure out the most optimal progression scheme for me. I add 5 lbs at a time, and occasionally the 4 sets of 7 -> 4 sets of 8 works out, but oftentimes that progression speed compromises my form. I’m considering keeping the reps conservative after the increase (sets of 5) before working my way back up to the 32 rep total, or maybe increasing by 2.5 lbs at a time like my upper body lifts.

Any suggestions? Experiences? I don’t want to delay progression/cut too much volume by keeping my rep numbers too conservative after weight increases.

coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also, on deloading:

I think I’m overdue for a deload. I’m thinking about switching it up and sticking with the same weights/less reps & sets (2 sets of 3) for bench, squats, deads and OHP and reducing intensity to about 60-70% on other compounds and accessories, keeping reps the same. I want to keep my strength up but I also don’t want to go a week without a decent pump. Thoughts?

I’m experiencing a lot of joint/tendon/muscle pain, ridiculous never-ending hamstring tightness and fatigue, but the majority of my lifts are increasing. It’s been over 3 months since my last deload and I feel worn down, but I’m still making progress... makes it hard to know exactly what to do and when. My bench press is going so well that I’m tempted to just deload everything else.

I should also probably note that my weight has barely changed in the last 3 months (I’ve gained 2 lbs) yet I’ve been adding lb after lb to lifts and people are coming up to me in the gym, complimenting me on my progress and asking me what I do for shoulders. On one hand, why then do I need to take it easy? On the other, I feel like I may need to. I literally just got back to squatting and DLing after throwing out my back and being forced to do front squats and trap bar deads for a month, and my DL is back and better than ever, but I’m still struggling with squats.
    Last edited by coeur; 04-02-2019 at 01:24 AM.

alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This one looks like a killer!

Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gp4kills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello everybody I am a 21 years old male I've been working out for 2 years now so I have some experience, I've been making constant progress in gaining weight and increasing my lifts. My current weight is 78kg, I apologize for not using pounds but I'm european and my current lifts stand at:

Bench 117.5 kg x 5
    Deadlift 210kg x 1 and 200kg x 3
    Squat 200kg x 1
    OHP 65kg x 5 (In my opinion my weakest lift)
    Weighted Pull-up +35kg x 5
    Weighted Dips +60kg x 8
    Front Squat 117.5 kg x 5 ( That was a year ago back when I wasn't as strong on the squat itself, haven't done it in a while)

I LOVE lifting heavy and I LOVE bodyweight movements so I will always keep them in my workouts, but... I hurt my lower back during a deadlift session so I do not want to do deadlifts or squats for some time, I changed around my workouts and so far it has been going good but I don't like not having a clear idea of what to do in the gym, so i did some research and I got suggested to try the U/L/Push/Pull/Leg workout you have here. BUT I have a problem and i apologize if someone asked this before me and I didn't notice. But my main goal for the next 3-6 months maybe even a year is to try to retain as much strenght as possible not to make new PRs or anything crazy. I do want to lift heavy I ****ING LOVE IT but my issue is that with the U/L/Push/Pull/Legs split is that it focuses A LOT on flat bench and OHP and my lower chest and front delt are HUGE whereas my upper chest and rear delt are lagging and I would like some suggestions if there is a way to change the program around to focus more on the Upper chest mainly and also is there a way to include HEAVY or at least moderate like +20/+40 kg dips for reps. I would really aprecciate a reply because I'm inlove with this program and the way it's structured in terms of compounds,isolation,supersets and it has all the basics and FOUNDATION lifts.
    Last edited by Gp4kills; 04-06-2019 at 09:22 AM.

For those of you on the U/L, when you hit the rep goal and increase the weight how many reps do you usually start back out with on your compounds?

VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just got a gym membership, the general trainer in the gym asked me to do some treadmill and elliptical and be done for the day. Should I follow whatever my trainer says or take the Viking's Bare Bone 5 day workout and seek the trainer's help to get the form corrected?

I'm 5'3, 91 KG looking to lose weight.

Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VigneshSP View Post
    I just got a gym membership, the general trainer in the gym asked me to do some treadmill and elliptical and be done for the day. Should I follow whatever my trainer says or take the Viking's Bare Bone 5 day workout and seek the trainer's help to get the form corrected?

I'm 5'3, 91 KG looking to lose weight.
    Your trainer was just showing you how to use a couple of cardio machines. The treadmill/elliptical machines aren't progressive muscle building programs like the viking's. It depends on what your goal is, but i assume since you're asking that you would rather be following a program to build muscle and strength so follow the viking's.

joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joebenton77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been on the U/L/P/P/L plan for almost a month now and have been making good progress but have some questions.
    1. Usually on Mondays my bench is a couple reps weaker than Fridays. I feel like this is this way because I hit chest on Friday and then bench again on Monday. As for Friday I bench on Monday then rest up until Friday for the next bench session. So if I hit 32 reps on Friday should I just up the weight say 5 pounds and just hit it for as many clean reps as I can on Monday? Same thing goes for barbell curls. I can curl 70s for 30 on Monday but after the entire back workout on Thursday I can’t get it for 30. Should keep the 70s until I can hit it on both days or just once I hit it on one day just up the weight for the next day no Matter what?

2. On lifts such as barbell rows and incline dB bench. My form can be a little off on the last few reps. For example using slight momentum on rows or not going low enough on incline. This is probably a stupid question but I should stay with these weights until every rep is clean correct? And as for progressive overload, would i still be building muscle if I don’t increase reps or weight but only perfect the range of motion on the workout?
    Last edited by joebenton77; 05-01-2019 at 10:17 AM.

glitchfly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone look at this anymore?

I’ve been on the U/L for several months and made great progress. Unfortunately I’ve developed lower back issues that flare up from time to time and I’m in the middle of a hard ass painful time rn. I’ve been deadlifting, rather than RDLing, on lower 1 but I wonder if taking a break and switching it up would give me a chance to heal. For some reason RDLs barely agitate me, at least not nearly as much as conventionals or even hexes. Would I lose any back size switching to RDLs for a month or so? Anyone have any experience making this switch?

Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by glitchfly View Post
    Does anyone look at this anymore?

I’ve been on the U/L for several months and made great progress. Unfortunately I’ve developed lower back issues that flare up from time to time and I’m in the middle of a hard ass painful time rn. I’ve been deadlifting, rather than RDLing, on lower 1 but I wonder if taking a break and switching it up would give me a chance to heal. For some reason RDLs barely agitate me, at least not nearly as much as conventionals or even hexes. Would I lose any back size switching to RDLs for a month or so? Anyone have any experience making this switch?
    get someone in real life to assess you; we can't really make a judgement on injuries and pain online. also get them to check your form in the exercises to make sure you're doing them right.

Originally Posted by Seanbroadie View Post
    get someone in real life to assess you; we can't really make a judgement on injuries and pain online. also get them to check your form in the exercises to make sure you're doing them right.
    Already been through physical therapy, had my form evaluated, and seen a sports medicine physician. I’m not asking for injury related advice.

Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys,

I’ve used the search function, but for the novice routine, is there a standard reset protocol for stalling on a certain lift?

I’ve only seen the suggestion to take a week off when you stall.

Thanks!

6jimboner9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you stall on a compound 3 workouts in a row lower the weight 10 percent
    After doing this 3 times it’s time to move on (ie full body>u/l>u/l/p/p/l>intermediate routine)

Originally Posted by 6jimboner9 View Post
    If you stall on a compound 3 workouts in a row lower the weight 10 percent
    After doing this 3 times it’s time to move on (ie full body>u/l>u/l/p/p/l>intermediate routine)
    Does the same apply to stalling on the U/L and ULPPL? Or on isolations? I’ve occasionally reset on stuff like calf raises, shrugs and cable hammer curls because not only will I stall but I won’t be able to complete the same amount of reps on the following workout... but I wonder if I could have saved time and avoided some wheel spinning by just bringing the reps back down to where I started once I moved up in weight, and then slowly adding reps again. Or by just staying where I’m at, grinding out as many reps as possible each time until I can finally add some. Resetting doesn’t always help.

Klinkerskony is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been doing the FB 2 months whilst abroad, switched to ULPPL when i got home a month ago. After these 3 months i'm still increasing weights mostly weekly on main lifts.

Thanks very much for this program my man really needed something like this after stallibg on SL 5x5 after 5 months, these rep ranges are waaaay easier on the joints aswell and the pump is amazing!
    Will continue for another 9 months and get back with with stats for the main lifts!
    Thanks from Sweden!

Back again with another deadlift question hey what’s up

I’ve been considering taking an indefinite hiatus from conventional in favor of the hex bar—my posterior chain just needs a break, I think (I’ll be back squatting once per week on RDL days and front squatting on deadlift days as well). Am I throwing off the balance by doing this? My lower back is sore all day every day and my hamstrings are constantly tight. They need some ****ing TLC.

6jimboner9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should make a new thread and ask that again because I don’t think anyone goes in here anymore

Lol true

Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So what's harder to do? Full body or U/L? I've been doing the full body for about a year and don't know if the other ones would be more beneficial for muscle gain. I feel like only 3 days isn't as hard as the other 2 programs

Klinkerskony is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I gues it's up to preference, more frequency vs volume. My personal opinion though is that 5 days is quite nice because you get to start with your main lift for every musclegroup and draining it with isolation movements. FB i felt was to little volume for each bodypart and after doing squats or DL as the first compound everyday it gets very exhausting. Just my opinion though

ryan982 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 6jimboner9 View Post
    You should make a new thread and ask that again because I don’t think anyone goes in here anymore
    True

whitepanther90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started the u/l/p/p/l program this week and just seeing this has made me. Realise how much junk volume I have been doing but was just wondering how people have gone about same exercise that cross over like the squat on the lower and leg day

For example hit 32 rep at 100 on lower day then on leg day do you try carry it over so you do 105 for 32 or wait till next lower day to progress the weight and treat leg and lower day as two different workouts

rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been doing the U/L routine for like 10-12 months now.

medstudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a beginner, starting the 3-day routine. According to earlier posts, it said 3-4min rest between compound lift sets, and 2-3min between isolated exercises. Comes to ~ 50 minutes as rest periods. Qs being, how long should the total workout take?

rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000) rickyng is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by medstudd View Post
    I'm a beginner, starting the 3-day routine. According to earlier posts, it said 3-4min rest between compound lift sets, and 2-3min between isolated exercises. Comes to ~ 50 minutes as rest periods. Qs being, how long should the total workout take?
    As long as it needs to take. But I would say about 1 hour approximately.