Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
    Klinkerskony is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What gainz have you made in strenght+muscle? Assuming lean bulk?

glitchfly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shot in the dark for a response (am I a fallen tree in a forest with nobody around to hear it?)

Anyway

Prowling the thread I noticed that Viking doesn’t recommend these programs for cutting, but as I’ve been on the U/L for about 8 months, I probably shouldn’t switch routines... so I’m stuck with this. If I cut, should I just try to push through the same volume by reducing sets? Cut out some isolations?

BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BotoX888 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rickyng View Post
    I've been doing the U/L routine for like 10-12 months now.
    I can only run it for like 8-10 weeks until i stagnante/plateau on multiple exercises. How can you run it for a year? How often do you deload? How much is your progress for chest? Do you do progressive overload on all exercises or mainly on the compound movements? I find it hard to progressively overload on isolation exercises (e.g. for biceps and triceps).
    And one last question i have: The routine is very taxing for me, both physically and mentally. When I struggle with the weight on multiple exercises, I tend to have 1.5 hours for one workout, especially upper body. How long does it take for you?

Thanks in advance!

whitepanther90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So been doing ULPPL for nearly a month now. Really enjoy it lifts are still going up most session just wondering is it to much volume for me though. Stats are below just asking for opinions would it be better to do upper lower split or the full body one or stick with ulppl. I have suffered from depression for many years (all sorted now with doctor/ tablets)and diet has been piss poor. I do like the 5 day split but don’t know whether I’m doing more harm than good doing the 5 day split

So I’m 6ft 28 years old is 88kg. Bodyfat reading was 18%
    1rep max =
    Deadlift=140
    Squat =125
    Bench =90kg
    Ohp 50kg

pgattu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need Suggestions

Hi All,

My age is 30, my height is 5.9" , weight is 77Kg, waist is 32" inch and navel measurement is 36" inch, calculated my body fat percentage using US navy formula and was showing 18.2%

I will just give a brief introduction before asking my question

I started to go to gym from Jan 2017, I used to be very thin weighing around 65kg , My gym trainer started with 1 muscle per day, ignoring legs I worked out for 9 months, each day a muscle and for each muscle 7-8 different exercises and each exercise like 4 sets and each set around 8-12 reps, At starting my bench press was 25kg , roughly 25 * 4sets * 8reps
    At the end of 11 months it was 1st set 40kg * 12reps, 2nd set 60kg * 10reps , 3rd set 80kg * 7reps and final set was 100kg * 4reps
    I went from thin to muscular(a part from my legs, never did legs and abs, my biggest mistake),nice chest , 41" inch, 16" inch biceps and almost V shape back with my waist size @ 30" inch and around navel measurement was @ 32" inch
    That trainer never bothered about deadlifts , started that workout may be around July and that too only 1 day in a week

In the same year in month of November I got married and stopped going to gym, so i didn't go to gym entire 2018 ( roughly 1 year), lost my muscle mass and slowly gained belly fat

So started working out from Jan 2019, again started with 1 muscle per day (ignoring legs and abs) worked out like this for 4 months but not regularly (may be 4 days a week with couple of weeks break in between) , Now came peak summer ( month of May ) so i stopped going to gym, i skipped entire May month, In this period i wanted to learn more about body/strength building, so came to know that squats and dead-lifts are very important, so from June I started to run Vikings full body 3 day week program, I never calculated my 1RM, but i will let you know my stats of viking program
    I can successfully complete the exercises with the following weights
    Back Squat - 60kg - 4 sets ( 10, 8,7,7) ( I know this sucks, but never did it before that's the reason)
    Bench Press - 60Kg - 3 sets ( 10,8,7)
    Barbell Row - 40kg - (10,8,7)
    Dead-lifts - 50kg - (7,5) ( I know this sucks too, but you already know the reason)
    Incline DB Press - 2 * 15kg ( 12,10,8)
    Close-grip T-bar - 50kg (12,10,8)
    Seated DB Press - 2 * 15kg (10,10)
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 5kg *2 / 12.5 * 2 ( 12,10,8)
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 20kg/20kg ( 12,10,8)
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 20kg/15kg (15,13,12)
    Wide-grip Pulldowns - 40kg (12,10,8)

My daily intake is below
    Breakfast around 8:30am - (1 between oats, Paneer/cheese dosa ) + 2 egg whites
    Around 11am - 1 scoop ON protein + water
    Lunch 1pm - 1/2 cup rice ( with either Dal/vegetable curry and curd ) + 1 egg white
    Evening 4:30 - 6 slices of Brown/Multigrain Bread + Peanut butter

Workout 8 to 9pm - Alternate days
    Again 1 scoop ON whey protein shake + 3 egg whites (only on workout days)

Dinner 9:30 pm - 2 chapatis + Milk or 2 Chapatis + Paneer curry

Apart from these , weekly once 1 grilled chicken (mostly on saturday/sunday -- rest days)

Now that I've given all stats, i need some suggestions
    I want to cut down my body fat and bring down my navel measurement to at least below 34, my target is 32 for now, Should i continue 3 day workout program or change to 4 day or 5 day?
    Should i decrease my intake , or should i make any changes to the diet?
    I lost my biceps muscle, what might be the reason?
    The good thing happened to me with this workout are my legs (They are much stronger/harder now)
    My chest is at 40" inch from start still not increasing, lost my shoulder muscle too
    I'm little confused by my body changes, can someone shed some light on this?

TIA.,

GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would someone be able to confirm a couple things for me:

1) For the abs/calves supersets (and other supersets too) which is 40 reps EACH, 3 sets. Is that like your compound lifts where you want to hit that 40 reps over the 3 sets or is it 40 reps for each set on those ones?

2) With this program say on your squats which are 4 sets, 32 total reps.. if you do that easy then next time bump the weight up and struggle, I'm sure I read in plenty places you ultimately slow your progress using too heavy a weight? So where is the balance with this program? It seems you are either too light a weight and bump up which then leads to too heavy a weight, as there can be no perfect weight with this style program?

almafuert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almafuert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GK47 View Post
    Would someone be able to confirm a couple things for me:

1) For the abs/calves supersets (and other supersets too) which is 40 reps EACH, 3 sets. Is that like your compound lifts where you want to hit that 40 reps over the 3 sets or is it 40 reps for each set on those ones?

2) With this program say on your squats which are 4 sets, 32 total reps.. if you do that easy then next time bump the weight up and struggle, I'm sure I read in plenty places you ultimately slow your progress using too heavy a weight? So where is the balance with this program? It seems you are either too light a weight and bump up which then leads to too heavy a weight, as there can be no perfect weight with this style program?
    3 sets for each exercises(abs and calves) and 40 reps in total for each exercise (abs and calves).
    Example for one of those exercises:
    1°set: 14 reps
    2°set: 13 reps
    3°set: 13 reps
    3 sets of 40 reps.

GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GK47 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by almafuert View Post
    3 sets for each exercises(abs and calves) and 40 reps in total for each exercise (abs and calves).
    Example for one of those exercises:
    1°set: 14 reps
    2°set: 13 reps
    3°set: 13 reps
    3 sets of 40 reps.
    Thanks, just came to delete question 1 actually as I'm slowly reading through the entire thread and found the answer.

Though question 2 still stands

Also what's the best exercises for the abs and calves superset? My gym doesn't have a machine that adds weight for calf raises, so maybe dumbell calf raises?

Abs - there is 100s of exercises, some quite specific (obliques/lower/upper), what's the best all round one that fits well in this workout?

Also how do you progress the abs/calves workouts? As I can easily do 40 situps or crunches and 40 calf raises.

Also what's the best exercises for the abs and calves superset? My gym doesn't have a machine that adds weight for calf raises, so maybe dumbell calf raises?

Abs - there is 100s of exercises, some quite specific (obliques/lower/upper), what's the best all round one that fits well in this workout?

Also how do you progress the abs/calves workouts? As I can easily do 40 situps or crunches and 40 calf raises.
    Living that calf press on leg press life... come join

For abs I do cable crunches; almost maxed out the stack tho so not sure what I’ll do once that happens

Originally Posted by glitchfly View Post
    Living that calf press on leg press life... come join

For abs I do cable crunches; almost maxed out the stack tho so not sure what I’ll do once that happens
    Thanks will definitely check out the calf press, didn't know of that exercise! Simple, yet can make use of the full weight stack on the press machine.

I was considering cable crunches too, just feel I might look stupid doing them lol, plus from what I read it's really easy to have bad form on them and hurt your lower back?

Immortaltech1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey guys I was going for a gzclp programme but I found this routine and I really like the concept id like to know to I don't have access to a leg curl/press machine or a pull down so if id do these subs would that be ok?

leg curls: stiff leg deadlift

leg press: hack squats

Straight-arm Pulldowns: Straight arm dumbbell pull over

facepulls: seated rear delt raise

would those make sense or do you have any other suggestions for subs for what I put up there?

Thanks will definitely check out the calf press, didn't know of that exercise! Simple, yet can make use of the full weight stack on the press machine.

I was considering cable crunches too, just feel I might look stupid doing them lol, plus from what I read it's really easy to have bad form on them and hurt your lower back?
    It’s easy to cheat by pulling the rope with your arms to assist you, so pretend the rope handles are attached to your head throughout the set and focus on using your abs to execute the movement. You can even loosen your grip on the handles slightly.

I have lower back issues and cable crunches have only bothered me after a bad flare up from squats, but otherwise they’re fine. Curl your body into a circle like you’re trying to suck your own dick lol. Marilyn Manson that ****

^lol thanks.

So did my 2nd upper body workout today, wow my entire arms were pumped, felt like my muscles were going to explode from the blood rushing into them (not sore, just rock solid).

The thing is though, as pumped and worked out as my entire arms feel, my chest, shoulders and back just don't get that feeling.

Is that a product of them being naturally bigger / stronger or am I doing something wrong? I can't up the weight yet as I'm either just hitting the goal reps or a little under.

J0shy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been shopping the UL version and my weak grip strength is limiting my deadlifts to 4x8 @ 285lbs. What grip strength exercises would be a good addition to the program?

Anyone doing the U/L split find that Thursdays upper workout is A LOT more intense than Mondays? As per my above post, on Mon especially only my arms feel truely worked out, my shoulders, chest, back etc feel nothing, no doms etc

gzumafia is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would this program be good for a 15-year-old.

I've done icf 5x5 for a few months now. Went from 48kgs bw to 64 kgs. I can squat 130kg for 1 rep, deadlift 150kg 1 rep and bench 85 for 1 rep.

I don't know if i should change from icf 5x5 to your upper/lower split, im getting gains at a much slower pace now and i want to know if I should continue to milk icf or move onto your program, help.