Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    CalebE13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheViking1992 View Post
    The big guy is back with another series of novice/early-intermediate routines - The Bare Bones programs - these are actually the first routines I made, just after I got my PT certification years ago. So I pulled them out of the graveyard, dusted them off and made a few tweaks and improvements to them, based on my current knowledge and experience. There are three versions, a 3 day Fullbody workout, 4 day upper/lower split and 5 day Upper/Lower/Pull//Push/Legs split. Every version can be run by a beginner, while the fullbody routine might get a bit tough to handle as you move into intermediate territory. Figure out how many training days will keep you motivated to going to the gym and pick the routine that fits with your desire.

The Rep Goal Progression

These programs are based on a very simplistic progression system. You have a set rep goal you need to reach within the allowed number of sets, before you can add weight to the lift. So if we take squats for instance, where we have 4 sets with a rep goal of 32. Set 1 you may get 10 reps, Set 2: 9 reps, Set 3: 7 reps and Set 4: 6 reps... and then add some weight the next time you're squatting. 5, 10 or even 20 pounds, depending on the lift and what you're comfortable with. If you're failling to reach the rep goal, you simply stay with the same weight until you hit it. This kind of progression makes it far more self regulated than the average novice routine, which means you can stick with it for longer.

Upper/Lower/Off/Pull/Push/Legs/Off and repeat

Upper Day
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each

Lower Day
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hack Squat - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

Pull Day
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    T-bar, Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip Puldowns - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hammer Curls, Cable or DB - 3 sets - 35 reps

Push Day
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Cable Crossovers - 3 sets - 40 reps
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Overhead Cable Extensions - 3 sets - 35 reps

Leg Day
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Extensions/Leg Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

Hope you'll enjoy these programs and I'm all ears for your response.
    So i know obviously it is best to do this program while bulking and trying to gain size and strength, but could it be/ is it worth it to do it while on a cut. Obviously there wouldn't be much if any progression, just wondered if its better to change something if you start cutting.
    Last edited by CalebE13; 06-02-2017 at 08:04 AM.

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CalebE13 View Post
    So i know obviously it is best to do this program while bulking and trying to gain size and strength, but could it be/ is it worth it to do it while on a cut. Obviously there wouldn't be much if any progression, just wondered if its better to change something if you start cutting.
    Why did you have to quote the entire fúcking thing... it's just obnoxious.

And it's always a bad idea to start a new program, if you're about to start a cut. You're probably gonna lose a lot of muscle mass, while adjusting to the new routine.

domsch1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure if it has been said already, but when doing the Full Body Routine, is it problematic to change the sequence of exercises? Some days the gym is really full and getting into the power rack is difficult. I'd rather do other exercises first rather than waiting 20 minutes.

DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000) DanLincoln is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the reply

1. I've said plenty of time these routines aren't the best for cutting. The progress, you've made, is to be expected when you're cutting or maintaining. And 2,5 pounds in 10 weeks is not bulking, it's just your body bouncing back from a long term deficit.
    While you can label me a beginner please don't assume im an idiot lol, 5-15kg lift increases, and 2.5lb weight increase is in 10 weeks after my weight fluctuations of 3-5lb in the weeks after coming out of a cut

2. I don't advocate dropsets for beginners, and I don't see how it benefitted you in any way. Otherwise, i don't understand what you're asking for here...
    I have always assumed progressive overload is the only way to build muscle (with the right diet obv) so whenever I have not been able to up my lifts I have been utilizing dropsets

For example my seated DB press didn't move for 3 weeks, 1st set 8 reps, 2nd set 6 reps. Couldn't progress, so for two weeks I did 1st set 8 reps, the a drop set at 75% weight to failure of good form, 2nd set 6 reps and then drop again.

After two weeks of this I went back to normal and smashed two sets of 12, I was asking if the dropsets are a good way to push on stalled lifts or do you think I would have made the same progress not doing them for two weeks in this example?

3. You're a beginner, you do not have lacking bodyparts, just a lacking body. And just like every other beginner, you've only added some extra bullshít for the vanity muscles.
    Agree on this completely but is there any serious detriment to the rest of the program if I put a bit of extra work into arms every now and then?

Ta
    Dont diet and exercise - Eat and train!

Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by djangofreeman View Post
    Yes, I understand. And once I hit all those 32 reps I increase the weight the very next workout and then continue.
    Sorry, totally misread what you wrote You had it right
    Past Logs:
    MuscleTech Clear Muscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165816331
    MuscleTech Phosphamuscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166682391

Current Maxes:
    Squat: 315lbs
    Bench: 210lbs
    Deadlift: 405lbs

Rydaos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Viking, great post!
    I have tried going thru all the replies and found the question asked a couple times, but couldn't find an answer. For the Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split, would it be detrimental to run it 5 straight days and then 2 off?? Would you just recommend the Upper/Lower split instead?? I am unable to workout on the weekends, but really like the looks of the Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split. I've been lifting for almost 5 years and love being at the gym. I've tried 3 and 4 day splits in the past and just felt like I wasn't getting to the gym enough. I'm 5'10" and weigh 170lbs. My goal is to add a little mass, 180lbs would be ideal weight. Not looking for a detailed response, I understand my diet being on point and being in a surplus is needed to gain weight, just trying to give some background. Thanks in advance and thanks for the OP!

RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not Viking, but I think it's completely fine, you still get atleast 48 hours before hitting a muscle group again.

jjbarea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know viking said that all of these routines suck for cutting but pretty much everything i find has disclaimer "SUCKS FOR CUTTING" so yeah... Which of these would be "the best" if i started cutting 2 weeks ago on a keto diet? Im really digging the full body routine cuz of the heavy lifts and squat 2x/week, would i be wasting time with a keto diet on that routine or there is no such thing as wasted time in the gym ? If it matters i think you could still call me a beginner i have lifted in the past a bit for a total of like 1 year with breaks all over the place. I did squats and deadlifts for a whole month and a half not more, my squat MR was 150kg/330lbs, deadlift the highest i tried was 130kg/290lbs and bench 95kg/210lbs, so yeah still a complete beginner in these big 3 lifts(i was around 100kg~ 220lbs back then so pretty weak for my body weight i guess, now im at 105~kg 230~lbs but i want to go down to like 85kg~185lbs). And i havent lifted a finger for whole 2 years now, so could i even expect some "newbie" gains on deficit and the full body routine? Or should i not even waste time in the gym on keto diet and go run or some **** lol

weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What would you say are the advantages or disadvantages of this program in comparison to Fierce 5?

weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50) weitun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In the full body program, when you say "Seated DB Press/Military Press", do you mean that the Military Press should be done seated?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weitun View Post
    In the full body program, when you say "Seated DB Press/Military Press", do you mean that the Military Press should be done seated?
    It means to either do either seated DB Press or Military Press
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

I tried doing the Day 1 full body program today and I was completely exhausted after doing Squats, Bench, Barbell Row and Military Press, so that for the Lat Pulldown I had little energy left, as well as for the rest of exercises. Actually, it was even hard doing Military Press after doing Squats, Bench, Barbell Row. It took me 2 hours to complete.

I can only bench 110 lbs 3x8. My other lifts are really low (like 55lbs OHP or 100lbs Squat 3x8). Should I stick with it to see if I adapt or should I switch to the Upper/Lower Split? Before I only did splits focusing on one major muscle group (for example Chest/Triceps).

I'm not even sure if the Upper/Lower Split would help since it also has a lot of compound exercises and a lot of volume. Should I consider another program?

Would appreciate some advice.
    Last edited by weitun; 06-18-2017 at 01:52 PM.

RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How is your nutrition? Try eating some carbs like an hour before hitting the gym (oats, fruit, potatoes...).
    Or eat more overall.
    The programm takes me around 1h to 1h 30min

SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveMcs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Viking,

I'm looking to start your U/L/P/P/L split.

However, since working out in a home gym i'm limited by some equipment - namely cable machines and leg press. Could you please give some substitutes for the following exercises? (I don't want to substitute myself as I know you chose them for a reason.)

Upper day - Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls
    Lower day - Single-leg Leg Press
    Pull day - Close-grip Puldowns
    Pull day - Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls
    Push day - Cable Crossovers
    Push day - Overhead Cable Extensions
    Leg day - Leg Press

Also, in the pull day, for Barbell curls, can an EZ bar be used as I get wrist pain curling a flat bar.

Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by SteveMcs View Post
    Hi Viking,

I'm looking to start your U/L/P/P/L split.

However, since working out in a home gym i'm limited by some equipment - namely cable machines and leg press. Could you please give some substitutes for the following exercises? (I don't want to substitute myself as I know you chose them for a reason.)

Leg day - Leg Press

Also, in the pull day, for Barbell curls, can an EZ bar be used as I get wrist pain curling a flat bar.

Thank you very much!
    Facepulls can be done with a barbell and a bench.
    Close grip chinups for C.G pulldowns.
    Db flies for cable crossovers.
    Overhead db extensions for cable extensions.
    Barbell lunges or zercher squats for legpress maybe?
    Dumbell pullover for straight arm pulldowns maybe?

Not Viking so not qualified to answer, but just my 0.02$

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SteveMcs View Post
    Leg day - Leg Press
    Dumbbell pullovers/Rear delt rows
    Lunges or split squats
    Chins ups
    Dumbbell flies
    Overhead db extensions
    Front Squats

BulkSmith is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi sir viking i'm using the Upper/Lower Split for almost a month and i already love the result compare to my previous routine.
    i have a 4 question.

1. i'm starting doing intermittent fasting today , can i still use the U/L split?
    2. can i add dumbbell pull over to my upper day?
    3. why every time im doing straight-arm pulldown my triceps feel the pump instead of my lats? is this normal or i need to practice my form?
    4. can i move the legs day to saturday because in friday my schedule is full. so it will become like this :
    monday-upper / tuesday-lower / wednesday-off / thursday-upper / friday-rest / saturday-lower / sunday-rest/.
    Last edited by BulkSmith; 06-30-2017 at 04:32 AM.

superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was a big fan of your warrior routine. What happened with that?

Originally Posted by BulkSmith View Post
    hi sir viking i'm using the Upper/Lower Split for almost a month and i already love the result compare to my previous routine.
    i have a 4 question.

1. i'm starting doing intermittent fasting today , can i still use the U/L split?
    2. can i add dumbbell pull over to my upper day?
    3. why every time im doing straight-arm pulldown my triceps feel the pump instead of my lats? is this normal or i need to practice my form?
    4. can i move the legs day to saturday because in friday my schedule is full. so it will become like this :
    monday-upper / tuesday-lower / wednesday-off / thursday-upper / friday-rest / saturday-lower / sunday-rest/.
    1. I don't the point of IF, but sure...
    2. No... it's the same movement as straight arm pulldown.
    3. It's not unusual to feel it in your tris, but it sounds like you should work on your form.
    4. Sure

Originally Posted by superpal08 View Post
    I was a big fan of your warrior routine. What happened with that?
    Well... I disliked it more and more myself. It was an experiment, and it didn't meet my expectations, so I stopped using it.

superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. I don't the point of IF, but sure...
    2. No... it's the same movement as straight arm pulldown.
    3. It's not unusual to feel it in your tris, but it sounds like you should work on your form.
    4. Sure

Well... I disliked it more and more myself. It was an experiment, and it didn't meet my expectations, so I stopped using it.
    If you don't mind what didn't you like about it? I take it the full body workout you list here you like much better?

Originally Posted by superpal08 View Post
    If you don't mind what didn't you like about it? I take it the full body workout you list here you like much better?
    I just saw certain long term muscular imbalances occur, specifically delts, hamstrings and calves. And trying to fix it turned the routine into the usual kind of fullbody setup.

And yeah, these routines I like much better...

Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatification is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't have some equipment to do some of the exercises so could I replace it these? And what could I do in replace of the ones with question marks??

Straight arm pulldowns--->??
    Facepulls--->rear delt fly
    Lying leg curls--->??
    Overhead cable extension---> 1 arm db overhead extension
    Leg extension--->Db lunges
    Leg curl--->??

gustavois has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TheViking, first of all I'd like to thank you for the amazing workouts that you've been sharing with us.

And please, could you help me with some doubts as well?

I've been using your Gladiator's routine for a while and after some months I changed it to your U/L split, which I'm enjoying so far. However, the problems that I have on both is weight progression, I don't know what happens but I can't improve my exercise weights at all almost in every exercise. I've been stucked with the same weights for a while (more than two months for sure) and don't know why. My nutrition is good (I'm 1,74cm and 70kg, eating around 2,6k kcals which is 300kcal more than I need daily), I'm sleeping well and I think my exercises is being well executed.

I don't really know what to do, even tough I'm increasing my overall weight, the progression on exercises don't follow it. For instance, my bench press is only 60kg (total) and if I try to put more weight I considerable drop my reps. I do not have a spot on my gym so I'm also afraid of increasing the weight and push it too much. Any suggestions?

Registered User BulkNowCutLater's Avatar
    BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkNowCutLater will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Viking, I'm bulking and have been doing ICF 5x5 for a while now, and I'm just not enjoying the mental fatigue from squatting 3x a week, week in week out. I was wondering considering my current lifts, would it be better and more conducive for me to move to the Upper/Lower split that you currently have?

Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 150 lb

Squat: 200
    Bench: 120
    Bent OverRow: 125
    Military Press: 85
    Deadlift: 175
    Last edited by BulkNowCutLater; 07-03-2017 at 12:28 PM.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello, what alternative could be executed instead of the EZ bar extensions in the 3 day fullbody program? EZ extensions really are not friendly for my left elbow - it hurts even with an empty bar and does not hit tricep as good as, for example, cable pushdowns. Tried overhead cable extensions - the same as the EZ ones

Matt1708 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Viking I'm planning on starting your full body routine, however I work out at home with only access to barbell,dumbells,bench,squat rack. I was wondering if there are alternative excercises I could do for the following..

Leg curls
    Leg press
    Wide grip pulldowns
    Straight arm pulldowns
    T-Bar or Cable rows

Thank you

TonyD97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey I was wondering if I'm supposed to increase the weight when I reach the required reps for the first set or do I need to get the required reps for all sets and then increase the weight the next time I do the exercise? Thanks

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TonyD97 View Post
    Hey I was wondering if I'm supposed to increase the weight when I reach the required reps for the first set or do I need to get the required reps for all sets and then increase the weight the next time I do the exercise? Thanks
    There aren't any required reps for the 1st set.... there's only a total.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

TonyD97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I meant when I reach the total amount of reps in the first set do I increase the weight or do I need to get the total amount for all sets before I increase the weight

34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 34AndyUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Viking - I'm really enjoying the routine and making generally good progress.

I have a question on the rep range for bench press. I find I progress better in a slightly lower rep range and my experience with this program is that I tend to hit 30 reps and stay there for 2,3 or even 4 weeks before hitting 31 and 32. I may up calories slightly but I wondered whether there'd be an issue with dropping the rep target to 30 instead of 32, if it allowed me to make quicker progress in terms of adding weight to the bar?