Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Calikid32190 View Post
    Thanks this makes more sense when I deadlifted yesterday I started at 135 and I feel pain in my lower back and I don't think the deadlift works the back so I'm guessing that weight might have been to heavy for me even though I was able to do the 2 sets at 6reps so think I will do lower weight because my form might have not been right.

For my tbar row it looks like it would be good where I have it because I almost go the 30 reps just a few short. Something I missed was the rest in between sets I did rest but it was only a 1min break which looks like is to short. I'm so used to only taking 1min break and I seen where he recommend 2-4 mins depending on lift so that could have stopped me from hitting the 30rep since I was so close.

Something else I wanted to bring up is I try to pace myself by splitting it up 10 reps each if I know it's 3 sets and I have to hit 30reps. The reason I do this is because I want to make sure I give myself the best chance at hitting the 30rep mark. If I did as many reps as I could on the first set and didn't hit 30 I would be screwed for the remaining 2 sets.
    Didn't notice anyone replying to this so figured id chime in. Deadlift most definitely works the back. It taxes the entire posterior chain. Glutes, hamstrings, and entire back. But you shouldn't be getting undesirable pain from it.
    Current Routine: Vikings Bare Bone 3-Day
    Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014

patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patboy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've read the entire thread and got the answer to pretty much all my questions so just wanted to say thanks to Viking for keeping up with this thread my guy.
    THA SINGLE4LYFE CREW
    I look like a yeti crew
    I like to take pictures and chit crew
    Always get confused for being Indian crew

Ketamon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP, what do you think? would it be ok to start this routine with these strenght standards?

Bench - 230 lbs
    Deadlift - 320 lbs
    Squat - 220 lbs
    Standing Overhead: 155 lbs

EDIT: Weight: 172 lbs, 16 y old

MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Viking, doing the 3 day and love it so far, but regarding the DB incline press I seem to be hurting a little on that push. My PT said maybe substituting it out for incline bb press would this be alright by you? If not I understand, and sorry if this question has been asked or answered already.

FriedrichNihil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello people, new here even though lurking around for half a year or so.
    I've been running this program (full body) for 6 months, always changing it and keeping the reps and sets up rather than the weight. Now I'm starting to try and run it as written, but I'm unsure whether or not it is normal and expected to sacrifice the "feel on the muscle" (hypotrophy?)in favour of maxing out the weight as much as possible. Now I feel simply as moving weight from A to B...opinions for a newbie trying to make dem gainz?

P.s: age 25

HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000) HeMB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HeMB;
    Hello, what alternative could be executed instead of the EZ bar extensions in the 3 day fullbody program? EZ extensions really are not friendly for my left elbow - it hurts even with an empty bar and does not hit tricep as good as, for example, cable pushdowns. Tried overhead cable extensions - the same as the EZ ones
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    Anyone?
    Looking forward for some help... BTW now opting to run the upper lower version. And my elbows hurts doing any overhead extension. What substitutes could be made?

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrSamoisette View Post
    Hey Viking, doing the 3 day and love it so far, but regarding the DB incline press I seem to be hurting a little on that push. My PT said maybe substituting it out for incline bb press would this be alright by you? If not I understand, and sorry if this question has been asked or answered already.
    Are your arms flaring out too far? I try and keep my elbows tucked in at a 45 degree for DB and BB incline. I see a lot of people that do DBs with their arms flared at 90 degree which just makes my shoulders hurt just watching. Recipe for severely damaging rotator cuffs and whatever else is surrounding your shoulder capsule. BB might be worst for you due to it restricting arm positioning more so than DBs.
    Current Routine: Vikings Bare Bone 3-Day
    Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014

stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stn0404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it possible to modify this routine to only 5 exercises while keeping the rep goal system. The current routine is very time consuming for me.

kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing the full body routine for a while and I love it. But I do have a question for guys who are more experienced than me:

1. What warm up would you suggest? A bit of cardio and then mobility exercises before lifting weights or jump to lifting weight but do 2-3 full sets with lighter weights? Full body training takes a while, so I am wondering what is the best way to warm up but not have to spend too much time on it.

2. What do you suggest for cool down after the training?

3. Would you suggest to do mobility stretching on the rest days to increase the body flexibility?

4. I definitely lack on cardio and would like to improve my cardiovascular condition. What kind of cardio training would you recommend for someone who's doing the full body training?

I really want to stick to the program, follow it to the tiniest detail, and have a good form. But, I don't want to spend 3 hours in the gym per training session. That is why I have all these questions. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kechimir View Post
    I've been doing the full body routine for a while and I love it. But I do have a question for guys who are more experienced than me:

1. What warm up would you suggest? A bit of cardio and then mobility exercises before lifting weights or jump to lifting weight but do 2-3 full sets with lighter weights? Full body training takes a while, so I am wondering what is the best way to warm up but not have to spend too much time on it.

2. What do you suggest for cool down after the training?

3. Would you suggest to do mobility stretching on the rest days to increase the body flexibility?

4. I definitely lack on cardio and would like to improve my cardiovascular condition. What kind of cardio training would you recommend for someone who's doing the full body training?

I really want to stick to the program, follow it to the tiniest detail, and have a good form. But, I don't want to spend 3 hours in the gym per training session. That is why I have all these questions. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.
    1. I suggest 10 mins of mobility exercises, and then warm up sets for the first few exercises. Don't do cardio before you do this routine.

2. Stretching out. Hold them for at least 30 seconds.

3. Sure

4. Couple times a week on off days, and you're going to need to eat more to make up for it.

Originally Posted by dgoyena216 View Post
    Are your arms flaring out too far? I try and keep my elbows tucked in at a 45 degree for DB and BB incline. I see a lot of people that do DBs with their arms flared at 90 degree which just makes my shoulders hurt just watching. Recipe for severely damaging rotator cuffs and whatever else is surrounding your shoulder capsule. BB might be worst for you due to it restricting arm positioning more so than DBs.
    It's to do with a herniated disc in my neck. I've gone to doctor, and I'm currently in PT. I've gone over the routine with them so there is no need for concern. I could drop the weight a little more but I'm always focused on my form. Really didn't know what effect swapping them would have on the routine so that's why I haven't.