Reply
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Results 841 to 870 of 873
  1. #841
    Registered User Broseidon91's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    Broseidon91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Broseidon91 is offline
    Hey guys one quick question
    T bar rows, cable rows or db rows

    T bar rows cable rows - close grip or wide grip

    Just curious or is it personal preference?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #842
    Registered User antonyjohne's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    antonyjohne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    antonyjohne is offline
    Originally Posted by coeur View Post
    Moar

    Questions

    Does the progression carry over from session 1 to session 2 on the U/L? For example, if I get all my bench press reps on Upper 1, do I increase the weight on Upper 2 or rep out the same weight on 2?
    Yes. You must increase the Weight on Upper 2.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #843
    Registered User antonyjohne's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    antonyjohne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    antonyjohne is offline
    Originally Posted by Broseidon91 View Post
    Hey guys one quick question
    T bar rows, cable rows or db rows

    T bar rows cable rows - close grip or wide grip

    Just curious or is it personal preference?
    Choosing between the 3 really depends on which back muscle you want to build. T bar and Cable mainly target the Mid Back while DB rows work your Lat.

    Usually T Bar and Cable Rows are done with a close grip.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #844
    Registered User Revelator1118's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Age: 30
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    Revelator1118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Revelator1118 is offline
    I have read through a lot of this thread and haven’t found his asked yet. On the full body routine there are 3 training days. 1 and 3 are nearly identical. So I do workout 3 then take two days off then start with workout 1 again. Which is practically the same as workout 3. Am I reading this wrong? And if so is this not balanced with deadlift since squat would be twice a week and deadlift only once? Thanks for any info.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #845
    Registered User TonedJordan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 299
    Rep Power: 898
    TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TonedJordan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TonedJordan is offline
    Would full body workout still be appropriate for me? Last workout I did 90kg Bench, 65kg row, 110kg squat and hit the reps required for all of them. I moved to this program after doing fierce 5, as I need a 3 day routine, ideally full body

    2 days is enough recovery time to hit bench again even at 90kg? I can’t do 4 days a week otherwise I would move onto the upper/lower.
    Last edited by TonedJordan; 01-13-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."
    Reply With Quote

  6. #846
    Registered User tap_the_neck's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Australia
    Age: 29
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    tap_the_neck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tap_the_neck is offline
    Looks like an interesting program. I have a couple of questions re the 3-day routine:
    1. With the barbell rows, I have a proper beer gut, and so when doing the row with the barbell, there's very little distance between the starting position and the top of the row, as my stomach gets in the way of a complete movement. Based on that, should I still stick with barbell rows anyway, substitute the bar for two dumbbells until I shed the belly, or do another exercise?
    2. With weights programs I have done in the past (many years ago), I've found that my weak forearms limited my progress in some exercises. I had a free PT session when I joined my gym a couple of weeks ago, and it was suggested that if I run into any issues, I could either do farmer's walks to build my forearms up, or use wrist straps. What would you suggest?
    Reply With Quote

  7. #847
    Registered User mattnj39's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    mattnj39 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mattnj39 is offline
    Will be starting the ULPPL program in two weeks, looks awesome and can't wait to start. Will keep track of my progress!
    Reply With Quote

  8. #848
    Registered User bb_lifestyle's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Age: 32
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 186
    bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bb_lifestyle is offline
    Originally Posted by james-m View Post
    So I modified the
    upper, lower, rest, upper, lower,
    rest, rest,

    I moved the upper lower push exercises together and vise versa to create...
    UPPER LOWER PUSH
    UPPER LOWER PULL

    Question,
    Will this be any less effective as the original structure ?
    This is the type of workout I enjoy most and currently seeking out a workout to jump on next week after my current Deload week

    Push
    •Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    •Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    •Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    •Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    •Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps
    •Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Pull
    •Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    •Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    •DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    •Facepulls - 3 sets - 30 reps each
    •Romanian DL - 3 sets -
    •Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    •EZ Bar preacher curl - 3 sets -

    Push
    •Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    •Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    •Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    •Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    •Overhead Cable Exte- 3 sets - 35 reps
    •Leg extensions - 3 sets - 35 reps
    •Abs/Calves
    Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Pull
    •Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    •Leg Curls - 3 sets- 35 reps each
    -(Glute bridge)?
    •Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    •Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    •Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs
    -3 supersets- 30 reps each
    •Barbell Curl/Skull-crushers
    -3 supersets - 30 reps each


    This would be M/T REST T/F REST REST
    That's interesting because I thought about something similar and I have the same question.
    How did it work out for you?
    Reply With Quote

  9. #849
    Registered User StumpingIron's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    StumpingIron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    StumpingIron is offline
    Just started this program with the ULPPL routine. On the Lower day the gym ran out of power and because I live in the tropics with 36 degree C heat and 80% humidity it was a fun time it looked like I went swimming afterwards. But so far it feels great and I love that there are two big leg and back sessions a week. I have started out with 70kg squat 110kg dreads and 60kg bench at 74kg body weight which I completed so I can't wait to up the weight next week.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #850
    Registered User Koo44's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    Koo44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Koo44 is offline
    In case of only been able to go 2 days to the gym, what is preferable?

    Week 1: Day 1 - Day 2
    Week 2: Day 3 - Day 1
    Week 3: Day 2 - Day 3 ...

    or

    Week 1: Day 1 - Day 2
    Week 2: Day 3 - Day 2
    Week 3: Day 1 - Day 2 ...
    Reply With Quote

  11. #851
    Registered User will30's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 37
    Posts: 290
    Rep Power: 0
    will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500)
    will30 is offline
    Originally Posted by TheViking1992 View Post
    The big guy is back with another series of novice/early-intermediate routines - The Bare Bones programs - these are actually the first routines I made, just after I got my PT certification years ago. So I pulled them out of the graveyard, dusted them off and made a few tweaks and improvements to them, based on my current knowledge and experience. There are three versions, a 3 day Fullbody workout, 4 day upper/lower split and 5 day Upper/Lower/Pull//Push/Legs split. Every version can be run by a beginner, while the fullbody routine might get a bit tough to handle as you move into intermediate territory. Figure out how many training days will keep you motivated to going to the gym and pick the routine that fits with your desire.

    The Rep Goal Progression

    These programs are based on a very simplistic progression system. You have a set rep goal you need to reach within the allowed number of sets, before you can add weight to the lift. So if we take squats for instance, where we have 4 sets with a rep goal of 32. Set 1 you may get 10 reps, Set 2: 9 reps, Set 3: 7 reps and Set 4: 6 reps... and then add some weight the next time you're squatting. 5, 10 or even 20 pounds, depending on the lift and what you're comfortable with. If you're failling to reach the rep goal, you simply stay with the same weight until you hit it. This kind of progression makes it far more self regulated than the average novice routine, which means you can stick with it for longer.

    The Fullbody Routine

    You run it with the standard rest day between the training days, taking two days off after each round.

    Day 1
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Bench Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Barbell Row - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Seated Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Seated DB Press/Military Press - 2 sets - 20 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Day 2
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip T-bar or Cable Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

    Day 3
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Bench Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Barbell Row - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Seated DB Press or Military Press - 2 sets - 20 reps
    Close-grip Pulldowns - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    The Upper/Lower Split

    Upper 1/Lower 1/Off/Upper 2/Lower 2/Off/Off and repeat...

    Upper Day 1
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    One-arm Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

    Lower Day 1
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hack Squat - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Upper Day 2
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Overhead Cable Extensions/Cable Hammer Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each

    Lower Day 2
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Extensions/Leg Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    The Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split

    Upper/Lower/Off/Pull/Push/Legs/Off and repeat

    Upper Day
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each

    Lower Day
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hack Squat - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Pull Day
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    T-bar, Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip Puldowns - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hammer Curls, Cable or DB - 3 sets - 35 reps

    Push Day
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Cable Crossovers - 3 sets - 40 reps
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Overhead Cable Extensions - 3 sets - 35 reps

    Leg Day
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Extensions/Leg Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each


    Hope you'll enjoy these programs and I'm all ears for your response.
    So for the fifth workout, how do you spread those out? When do you do the off day? The upper/lower is ideal for me with my four day schedule. But those reps will take me two hours or more.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #852
    Registered User dgoyena216's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: Pullman, Washington, United States
    Age: 26
    Posts: 1,690
    Rep Power: 5696
    dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dgoyena216 is offline
    Originally Posted by will30 View Post
    So for the fifth workout, how do you spread those out? When do you do the off day? The upper/lower is ideal for me with my four day schedule. But those reps will take me two hours or more.
    You do upper lower off pull push leg off
    Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    Reply With Quote

  13. #853
    Registered User ccheng1's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ccheng1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ccheng1 is offline
    I'm planning on starting the Upper/ Lower split. Have a few comments/questions that I would love to run through you guys before starting

    1. I am planning on running it 3x a week instead of 4. So the following week I'll just start off where I left off.
    2. I am planning to replace hack squat with front squat.
    3. I am planning to replace deadlift with sumo deadlift
    4. I would like to throw in a hip thrust into the exercise, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

    Please advise.
    Last edited by ccheng1; 02-14-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #854
    Registered User will30's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Age: 37
    Posts: 290
    Rep Power: 0
    will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500)
    will30 is offline
    This week I started the upper/lower 4 days/week program. But since I have started each week off with legs, I started with the lower first. But some workouts I am not sure how they work.

    I feel the upper program especially can be hard for my back. Bench pressing, incline dumbbell presses notwithstanding, the barbell rows are hard. I had to find out what this workout was on Athlean-X, and because of my back, this workout is very hard to do. Is there an alternative to this workout?

    Also, the supersets I need explanation on. Does it say I need to do 30 reps per set? For the upper program, this consisted of straight-arm pulldowns/facepulls. Was I supposed to do one of those 30x3, both of those for a max of 30 reps each, or both of those 30x3.

    For the lowers, one of the big issues are hack squats, which requires me to lift the barbell behind me. The other is one-legged leg presses. I have to use much less weight on one leg because the other has had a rod since 2003, and it cannot lift as heavy as the other. I somehow knew the rod may be somewhat of an issue, but when I did these one-legged presses, that proved to be true. The idea of having to have surgery to get it removed and go through a blood transfusion is not trouble I want to go through. So, for now, an alternative will be preferable.

    Also, what is the abs/calves superset? I have been using linear hack workout thing which works out my upper legs and abs. I was already doing squats and lying leg curls so those are not a problem.

    So with the issues I mentioned--barbell rows, one-legged leg presses--are there alternatives to these?

    And explain the supersets, please.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #855
    Registered User MrSamoisette's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Age: 28
    Posts: 368
    Rep Power: 277
    MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    MrSamoisette is offline
    Originally Posted by will30 View Post
    This week I started the upper/lower 4 days/week program. But since I have started each week off with legs, I started with the lower first. But some workouts I am not sure how they work.

    I feel the upper program especially can be hard for my back. Bench pressing, incline dumbbell presses notwithstanding, the barbell rows are hard. I had to find out what this workout was on Athlean-X, and because of my back, this workout is very hard to do. Is there an alternative to this workout?

    Also, the supersets I need explanation on. Does it say I need to do 30 reps per set? For the upper program, this consisted of straight-arm pulldowns/facepulls. Was I supposed to do one of those 30x3, both of those for a max of 30 reps each, or both of those 30x3.

    For the lowers, one of the big issues are hack squats, which requires me to lift the barbell behind me. The other is one-legged leg presses. I have to use much less weight on one leg because the other has had a rod since 2003, and it cannot lift as heavy as the other. I somehow knew the rod may be somewhat of an issue, but when I did these one-legged presses, that proved to be true. The idea of having to have surgery to get it removed and go through a blood transfusion is not trouble I want to go through. So, for now, an alternative will be preferable.

    Also, what is the abs/calves superset? I have been using linear hack workout thing which works out my upper legs and abs. I was already doing squats and lying leg curls so those are not a problem.

    So with the issues I mentioned--barbell rows, one-legged leg presses--are there alternatives to these?

    And explain the supersets, please.
    For super sets you do one exercise after the other. An example would be 1 set 15 reps, and move to the other lift and do the same without a break. You don't do all 30 reps in one set, but in 3 sets. Does your gym have a hack squat machine? If so that could help imo (could be wrong). I would say follow the routine as it is listed and just take it light to start with. Focus on your form and don't worry because with consistency inside, and out the the gym the results will come. If you find this too hard on you perhaps another routine will work. I have back problems as well. Scoliosis and some other conditions but this along with staying active on off days has helped tremendously. Also I suggest taking the time to go through this thread as everything has been covered. Make sure you understand the routine, and lifts before you charge in. Good luck I hope you stay injury free.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #856
    Registered User poorMAN12's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    poorMAN12 is offline
    Thanks for program provided!
    Reply With Quote

  17. #857
    Registered User Pianoist101's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 34
    Rep Power: 0
    Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Pianoist101 is offline
    Originally Posted by TheViking1992 View Post
    The big guy is back with another series of novice/early-intermediate routines - The Bare Bones programs - these are actually the first routines I made, just after I got my PT certification years ago. So I pulled them out of the graveyard, dusted them off and made a few tweaks and improvements to them, based on my current knowledge and experience. There are three versions, a 3 day Fullbody workout, 4 day upper/lower split and 5 day Upper/Lower/Pull//Push/Legs split. Every version can be run by a beginner, while the fullbody routine might get a bit tough to handle as you move into intermediate territory. Figure out how many training days will keep you motivated to going to the gym and pick the routine that fits with your desire.

    The Rep Goal Progression

    These programs are based on a very simplistic progression system. You have a set rep goal you need to reach within the allowed number of sets, before you can add weight to the lift. So if we take squats for instance, where we have 4 sets with a rep goal of 32. Set 1 you may get 10 reps, Set 2: 9 reps, Set 3: 7 reps and Set 4: 6 reps... and then add some weight the next time you're squatting. 5, 10 or even 20 pounds, depending on the lift and what you're comfortable with. If you're failling to reach the rep goal, you simply stay with the same weight until you hit it. This kind of progression makes it far more self regulated than the average novice routine, which means you can stick with it for longer.

    The Fullbody Routine

    You run it with the standard rest day between the training days, taking two days off after each round.

    Day 1
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Bench Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Barbell Row - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Seated Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Seated DB Press/Military Press - 2 sets - 20 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Day 2
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip T-bar or Cable Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

    Day 3
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Bench Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Barbell Row - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Seated DB Press or Military Press - 2 sets - 20 reps
    Close-grip Pulldowns - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    The Upper/Lower Split

    Upper 1/Lower 1/Off/Upper 2/Lower 2/Off/Off and repeat...

    Upper Day 1
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    One-arm Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

    Lower Day 1
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hack Squat - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Upper Day 2
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Overhead Cable Extensions/Cable Hammer Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each

    Lower Day 2
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Extensions/Leg Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    The Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split

    Upper/Lower/Off/Pull/Push/Legs/Off and repeat

    Upper Day
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each

    Lower Day
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hack Squat - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

    Pull Day
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    T-bar, Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Close-grip Puldowns - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hammer Curls, Cable or DB - 3 sets - 35 reps

    Push Day
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Cable Crossovers - 3 sets - 40 reps
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Overhead Cable Extensions - 3 sets - 35 reps

    Leg Day
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Extensions/Leg Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each


    Hope you'll enjoy these programs and I'm all ears for your response.
    Thanks for posting this man! I've been in a bit of a rut lately; I desperately needed a new way to approach training. I don't think I've ever done the rep goal thing so I'm going to give your program and honest try.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #858
    Registered User ManuLeFuz's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    ManuLeFuz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ManuLeFuz is offline
    I just started the Fullbody routine. Workout A takes a lot of time for me. How long is the workout supposed to go?

    5 min warm up, 3-4 warmup sets with squats, 4 sets of squats with 3-4 min pause --> 25 minutes
    4 bench press warmup sets, 3 sets of bench press with 3 minutes pause --> 20 minutes
    Rows --> 12 minutes
    leg curls --> 9 min
    Military press --> 6 minutes
    Pulldowns --> 9 minutes
    abs calves --> 10 minutes

    --> 91 minutes
    Reply With Quote

  19. #859
    Fuk off, Lahey! LargePeter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Kuntstralia, Australia
    Posts: 23,133
    Rep Power: 34110
    LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LargePeter is online now
    Originally Posted by ManuLeFuz View Post
    I just started the Fullbody routine. Workout A takes a lot of time for me. How long is the workout supposed to go?

    5 min warm up, 3-4 warmup sets with squats, 4 sets of squats with 3-4 min pause --> 25 minutes
    4 bench press warmup sets, 3 sets of bench press with 3 minutes pause --> 20 minutes
    Rows --> 12 minutes
    leg curls --> 9 min
    Military press --> 6 minutes
    Pulldowns --> 9 minutes
    abs calves --> 10 minutes

    --> 91 minutes
    What's with the warm up sets??
    ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW

    LOADS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED:
    DonVonDuck
    Silencespeaks
    Raibeart Bruis
    DJGirth
    Evil_D
    BetaAsPhuck
    x420SwagScopex
    DDSF1
    Reply With Quote

  20. #860
    Registered User ManuLeFuz's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    ManuLeFuz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ManuLeFuz is offline
    Originally Posted by LargePeter View Post
    What's with the warm up sets??
    What about them? Wtithout them, technique is not on point, risk of injurie is high, etc. For squats I do 20 kg, 40 kg, 60 kg 80 kg and then my first set of 100
    Reply With Quote

  21. #861
    Registered User mncrew952's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2018
    Age: 30
    Posts: 46
    Rep Power: 0
    mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mncrew952 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mncrew952 is offline
    Originally Posted by ManuLeFuz View Post
    What about them? Wtithout them, technique is not on point, risk of injurie is high, etc. For squats I do 20 kg, 40 kg, 60 kg 80 kg and then my first set of 100
    I'm running the U/L split and I have the same issue on Upper days as it takes me significantly longer. I just allowed myself a little more time to complete that workout. Maybe try to keep your rest to 2-3 minutes or even only a minute and half, and I usually feel comfortable to move into working sets after 2 warm up sets(3 if you count only the bar). You also don't need to rest 3 minutes between warm up sets if that is what you are currently doing.
    Rather fail with Honor than succeed by fraud
    Reply With Quote

  22. #862
    Proud dad IH8RICE's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Posts: 18,557
    Rep Power: 233728
    IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IH8RICE is offline
    Originally Posted by ManuLeFuz View Post
    I just started the Fullbody routine. Workout A takes a lot of time for me. How long is the workout supposed to go?

    5 min warm up, 3-4 warmup sets with squats, 4 sets of squats with 3-4 min pause --> 25 minutes
    4 bench press warmup sets, 3 sets of bench press with 3 minutes pause --> 20 minutes
    Rows --> 12 minutes
    leg curls --> 9 min
    Military press --> 6 minutes
    Pulldowns --> 9 minutes
    abs calves --> 10 minutes

    --> 91 minutes
    Takes me about an hour halving the warm up sets. Day 2 absolutely kills me since I’m running it with psmf.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #863
    Fuk off, Lahey! LargePeter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Kuntstralia, Australia
    Posts: 23,133
    Rep Power: 34110
    LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LargePeter is online now
    Originally Posted by ManuLeFuz View Post
    What about them? Wtithout them, technique is not on point, risk of injurie is high, etc. For squats I do 20 kg, 40 kg, 60 kg 80 kg and then my first set of 100
    I know what they are for - why four warm up sets though?
    ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW

    LOADS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED:
    DonVonDuck
    Silencespeaks
    Raibeart Bruis
    DJGirth
    Evil_D
    BetaAsPhuck
    x420SwagScopex
    DDSF1
    Reply With Quote

  24. #864
    Registered User mudmaster208's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Age: 49
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    mudmaster208 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mudmaster208 is offline
    Originally Posted by ManuLeFuz View Post
    I just started the Fullbody routine. Workout A takes a lot of time for me. How long is the workout supposed to go?

    5 min warm up, 3-4 warmup sets with squats, 4 sets of squats with 3-4 min pause --> 25 minutes
    4 bench press warmup sets, 3 sets of bench press with 3 minutes pause --> 20 minutes
    Rows --> 12 minutes
    leg curls --> 9 min
    Military press --> 6 minutes
    Pulldowns --> 9 minutes
    abs calves --> 10 minutes

    --> 91 minutes
    I believe you answered your own question. It takes YOU 91 minutes. I am not trying to be a smart ass....simply making a point that we are all individuals and our bodies are all different. Why ask how long a workout takes when all that really matters is how long it takes yourself to complete the workout? I can complete this workout in 60-70 minutes, that doesn't mean that you can safely do it in that amount of time yourself. Listen to your body and go with how long it takes YOU to complete a workout, not how long it takes others.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #865
    Registered User wilson26's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2015
    Location: Lithuania
    Age: 29
    Posts: 11
    Rep Power: 0
    wilson26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wilson26 is offline
    Would this program be suitable for weight loss?Also, currently im working out 4 days with chest/bis, back/shoulders and legs/tris, i usually do 3-4 excercises for the bodypart. I see that this program only suggests like 1 or 2 excercises for biceps and some other parts.Is that sufficient for my weight loss goals?
    Reply With Quote

  26. #866
    Fuk off, Lahey! LargePeter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Kuntstralia, Australia
    Posts: 23,133
    Rep Power: 34110
    LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LargePeter is online now
    Started full body today, fuk me. I'm in agony!
    ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW

    LOADS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED:
    DonVonDuck
    Silencespeaks
    Raibeart Bruis
    DJGirth
    Evil_D
    BetaAsPhuck
    x420SwagScopex
    DDSF1
    Reply With Quote

  27. #867
    Fuk off, Lahey! LargePeter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Kuntstralia, Australia
    Posts: 23,133
    Rep Power: 34110
    LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LargePeter is online now
    Originally Posted by wilson26 View Post
    Would this program be suitable for weight loss?Also, currently im working out 4 days with chest/bis, back/shoulders and legs/tris, i usually do 3-4 excercises for the bodypart. I see that this program only suggests like 1 or 2 excercises for biceps and some other parts.Is that sufficient for my weight loss goals?
    Is two biceps exercises enough for weight loss? Is that the question you're asking?
    ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW

    LOADS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED:
    DonVonDuck
    Silencespeaks
    Raibeart Bruis
    DJGirth
    Evil_D
    BetaAsPhuck
    x420SwagScopex
    DDSF1
    Reply With Quote

  28. #868
    Fuk off, Lahey! LargePeter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Kuntstralia, Australia
    Posts: 23,133
    Rep Power: 34110
    LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LargePeter is online now
    Full body session two done, holy fuk - worse than day 1
    ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW

    LOADS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED:
    DonVonDuck
    Silencespeaks
    Raibeart Bruis
    DJGirth
    Evil_D
    BetaAsPhuck
    x420SwagScopex
    DDSF1
    Reply With Quote

  29. #869
    Registered User UGLYRAED's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2014
    Age: 26
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    UGLYRAED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    UGLYRAED is offline
    So I have done a full body, upper lower split and currently on the push pull one. these workouts are awesome and really helped me out. I would definitely start with the full body because it helps you a lot with the compound lifts and working out the quirks and form. I just find it doing abs and calves in the same super set.. I do a series of ab workouts so supersetting with calves feels awkward.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #870
    Registered User bb_lifestyle's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Age: 32
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 186
    bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bb_lifestyle is offline
    How much do you increase in the next session if you're capable to do the total reps for squats for example? 5.5 lbs on each side for example?
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts