Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Calikid32190 View Post
    Thanks this makes more sense when I deadlifted yesterday I started at 135 and I feel pain in my lower back and I don't think the deadlift works the back so I'm guessing that weight might have been to heavy for me even though I was able to do the 2 sets at 6reps so think I will do lower weight because my form might have not been right.

For my tbar row it looks like it would be good where I have it because I almost go the 30 reps just a few short. Something I missed was the rest in between sets I did rest but it was only a 1min break which looks like is to short. I'm so used to only taking 1min break and I seen where he recommend 2-4 mins depending on lift so that could have stopped me from hitting the 30rep since I was so close.

Something else I wanted to bring up is I try to pace myself by splitting it up 10 reps each if I know it's 3 sets and I have to hit 30reps. The reason I do this is because I want to make sure I give myself the best chance at hitting the 30rep mark. If I did as many reps as I could on the first set and didn't hit 30 I would be screwed for the remaining 2 sets.
    Didn't notice anyone replying to this so figured id chime in. Deadlift most definitely works the back. It taxes the entire posterior chain. Glutes, hamstrings, and entire back. But you shouldn't be getting undesirable pain from it.
    Current Program: 5-3-1
    e1RMs:
    D: 295 S: 275 B: 250 Press: 115

Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    - All Non-lifting related injuries -

patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patboy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've read the entire thread and got the answer to pretty much all my questions so just wanted to say thanks to Viking for keeping up with this thread my guy.
    Always get confused for being Indian crew

Ketamon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP, what do you think? would it be ok to start this routine with these strenght standards?

Bench - 230 lbs
    Deadlift - 320 lbs
    Squat - 220 lbs
    Standing Overhead: 155 lbs

EDIT: Weight: 172 lbs, 16 y old

MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Viking, doing the 3 day and love it so far, but regarding the DB incline press I seem to be hurting a little on that push. My PT said maybe substituting it out for incline bb press would this be alright by you? If not I understand, and sorry if this question has been asked or answered already.

FriedrichNihil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello people, new here even though lurking around for half a year or so.
    I've been running this program (full body) for 6 months, always changing it and keeping the reps and sets up rather than the weight. Now I'm starting to try and run it as written, but I'm unsure whether or not it is normal and expected to sacrifice the "feel on the muscle" (hypotrophy?)in favour of maxing out the weight as much as possible. Now I feel simply as moving weight from A to B...opinions for a newbie trying to make dem gainz?

P.s: age 25

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HeMB;
    Hello, what alternative could be executed instead of the EZ bar extensions in the 3 day fullbody program? EZ extensions really are not friendly for my left elbow - it hurts even with an empty bar and does not hit tricep as good as, for example, cable pushdowns. Tried overhead cable extensions - the same as the EZ ones
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    Anyone?
    Looking forward for some help... BTW now opting to run the upper lower version. And my elbows hurts doing any overhead extension. What substitutes could be made?

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrSamoisette View Post
    Hey Viking, doing the 3 day and love it so far, but regarding the DB incline press I seem to be hurting a little on that push. My PT said maybe substituting it out for incline bb press would this be alright by you? If not I understand, and sorry if this question has been asked or answered already.
    Are your arms flaring out too far? I try and keep my elbows tucked in at a 45 degree for DB and BB incline. I see a lot of people that do DBs with their arms flared at 90 degree which just makes my shoulders hurt just watching. Recipe for severely damaging rotator cuffs and whatever else is surrounding your shoulder capsule. BB might be worst for you due to it restricting arm positioning more so than DBs.
    Current Program: 5-3-1
    e1RMs:
    D: 295 S: 275 B: 250 Press: 115

Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    - All Non-lifting related injuries -

stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stn0404 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it possible to modify this routine to only 5 exercises while keeping the rep goal system. The current routine is very time consuming for me.

kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kechimir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing the full body routine for a while and I love it. But I do have a question for guys who are more experienced than me:

1. What warm up would you suggest? A bit of cardio and then mobility exercises before lifting weights or jump to lifting weight but do 2-3 full sets with lighter weights? Full body training takes a while, so I am wondering what is the best way to warm up but not have to spend too much time on it.

2. What do you suggest for cool down after the training?

3. Would you suggest to do mobility stretching on the rest days to increase the body flexibility?

4. I definitely lack on cardio and would like to improve my cardiovascular condition. What kind of cardio training would you recommend for someone who's doing the full body training?

I really want to stick to the program, follow it to the tiniest detail, and have a good form. But, I don't want to spend 3 hours in the gym per training session. That is why I have all these questions. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

iiBammy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for taking the time to write out this program, it looks great and super fun. I've been lifting for the last two years, not seriously just for exercise because I was never a cardio-mad kinda guy. But now I want to start using my time lifting to gain some and this looks like a great program to get a bigger leaner figure. I wouldn't say I'm new to lifting, but I am to actually building, would you say this is a good routine to do during both bulk and cut, would it differ any between the two phases? Also, are there any viable subs that I could make for the machine oriented workouts, because I workout at home, I have access to a full multi functional bench with the preacher pad and leg curler attached as part of it, with DBs, BB and a pull up bar. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this!

CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can I combine the 4day ULUL with the full body one?

my week would be:
    Monday Upper
    Tuesday Lower
    Wednesday Rest
    Thursday Full Body
    Friday Rest
    Saturday Full Body
    Sunday Rest

(I can only go to the gym on those 4 days and I would love to make the most out of my time.)

Also, can I do some cardio after the workouts? (I just really like to run and was thinking about running on a medium pace(?) for 15-20min after each workout or would that just be countereffective with the workoutschedule?)

chocheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are there any females who have done/doing this program? I started it approx 1 month ago - I know this isn't a long time to be giving a lot of feedback. I'm doing the 3 day full body workout and love it (even though it makes me super tired afterwards!) but finding that I feel like I'm benefiting more upper body than lower.

Would love to hear from some other females and the gains they've had from it.

TIA

Broseidon91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys one question
    On lower 1 viking says dl or rdl and lower 2 rdl
    Does that mean we can do 2x a week rdl or that it is once dl and once rdl no matter which one you pick in the week?

t3hfr0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheViking1992 View Post

Upper 1/Lower 1/Off/Upper 2/Lower 2/Off/Off and repeat...

Upper Day 1
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    One-arm Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

Lower Day 1
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
    or
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Hack Squat - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Single-leg Leg Press - 3 sets - 35 reps
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each

Upper Day 2
    Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Lateral Raises/Barbell Shrugs - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
    Overhead Cable Extensions/Cable Hammer Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each

Lower Day 2
    Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Leg Extensions/Leg Curls - 3 supersets - 35 reps each
    Abs/Calves Superset - 3 sets each - 40 reps each
    Love the looks of this program, I'm just starting to get back into the gym after a long time off (>3 months).

I know you get this a lot (exercise subbing) and I looked for though all the replies and comments but I haven't seen a direct answer, maybe one close to it. I also tried googling the question I have but a lot of the replies are for Front vs Back Squats not Front vs Hack Squats.

In Day 2 (Lower 1) what do you think of swaping Hack Squats for Front Squats? I know you mentioned Front Squats for Leg press, and I don't really have anything against Hack Squats I Just miss doing Front Squats and would prefer them on the same day as Back Squats. What are your thoughts?

ReidanMK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry if the question's already been answered. Can you point me a good alternative to Back Squat? I had a serious knee injury and can't really perform it at full potential.

Also is this program seems more size oriented than F5 for example. Can someone point me to another similar program to compare because that is my goal atm - gain size more so than strenght. Thanks!

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ReidanMK View Post
    Sorry if the question's already been answered. Can you point me a good alternative to Back Squat? I had a serious knee injury and can't really perform it at full potential.

Also is this program seems more size oriented than F5 for example. Can someone point me to another similar program to compare because that is my goal atm - gain size more so than strenght. Thanks!
    Box squats are very knee friendly, since the knee never travels forward.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP2b...vXkBdo&index=1

And if you are on the repgoal version, it is the mass version.

CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10) CATT01R is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What is the best way/time to add some cardio in here?
    My basic condition(spelling?) could also use a boost.

Should i stick with the 3day full body and run on the days inbetween or can i do the 4-5day with some mild running afterwards (on none lower/leg days)?

CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post, thank you!

CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyWood69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post, thank you!

Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm really sorry if this has been asked.
    I don't have a hack squat mashine.what to substitute it with
    One of the most intimidating things about losing weight is how complicated we're all led to believe it is, but it isn't.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marwan4449 View Post
    I'm really sorry if this has been asked.
    I don't have a hack squat mashine.what to substitute it with
    Barbell hack squat

sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgarciac07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do you know or when should one advance from the upper/lower split to the Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split?

bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    would U/L/U/L suit someone with lets say 150lbs 1rm bench or should i go with 5x5?

bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bassbb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    In a word... no.

The program is already balanced.
    u think the upper/lower is balanced too ? think the chest volume is really low as 2nd upperday has ONLY bench? bi's/tri's gets worked only once a week

Shardoenaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shardoenaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shardoenaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bassbb View Post
    u think the upper/lower is balanced too ? think the chest volume is really low as 2nd upperday has ONLY bench? bi's/tri's gets worked only once a week
    It's not because you don't directly target lets say biceps or triceps, they don't "get worked".
    They help (and are trained) in many of the compound excercises.

rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry if this has been already asked, but isn't there a considerable difference in volume between the 3 days of the the FB routine?

Day 1: 272 reps

Day 2: 320 reps

Day 3: 242 reps

I know counting reps may not be the best method, but I was thinking of moving the arms superset on day 2 (curls/skullcrushers) to day 3, so volume is more or less equaled, specially since my gym is quite crowded and I actually lose quite a lot of time switching machines. What do you think?

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rpedrosb View Post
    Sorry if this has been already asked, but isn't there a considerable difference in volume between the 3 days of the the FB routine?

Day 1: 272 reps

Day 2: 320 reps

Day 3: 242 reps

I know counting reps may not be the best method, but I was thinking of moving the arms superset on day 2 (curls/skullcrushers) to day 3, so volume is more or less equaled, specially since my gym is quite crowded and I actually lose quite a lot of time switching machines. What do you think?
    I think you need to redo your math... there's no difference in volume between day 1 and 3. Day 2 has more volume, since most of the exercises is lighter accessory work.

And yes, counting reps is a terrible method to measure the volume.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello Viking, I would like your opinion on this situation

I am following yours upper/lower routine and I have an issue with incline dumbbell press. It makes my shoulder click and it later gets dull ache which interferes with other movements. I am perfectly sure the form is decent. And I do not get any such problems with other pressing movements.

Now, please do not say go to a doctor, because it is the only exercise which causes problem, maybe it is just not for me; also, in the past I had the same problem with this movement. Ditching it always solved everything.

However, I substituted it with low incline reverse grip dumbbell press and I really feel the upper chest working, but the problem is the anterior deltoids get involved more than with pronated grip; and I cannot use as much weight. What are your thoughts about this substitute?

In general, what could you advice on this?

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    Hello Viking, I would like your opinion on this situation

I am following yours upper/lower routine and I have an issue with incline dumbbell press. It makes my shoulder click and it later gets dull ache which interferes with other movements. I am perfectly sure the form is decent. And I do not get any such problems with other pressing movements.

Now, please do not say go to a doctor, because it is the only exercise which causes problem, maybe it is just not for me; also, in the past I had the same problem with this movement. Ditching it always solved everything.

However, I substituted it with low incline reverse grip dumbbell press and I really feel the upper chest working, but the problem is the anterior deltoids get involved more than with pronated grip; and I cannot use as much weight. What are your thoughts about this substitute?

In general, what could you advice on this?
    Incline Press with a reverse grip should reduce shoulder activity, not increase it... but if you can do it without problems, go ahead. You could also try the incline machine press instead.

shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shytfuqdam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been reading and enjoying this site for the last month or two and finally decided to join.

I started getting in shape about a year ago when I realized I looked 3 months pregnant in our living room mirror. Running and exercise eventually transformed to weight-lifting. I am 6 ft tall and went from 190 down to 152. I have been slowly bulking and now sit at 165 with a little lower belly fat from bulking.

After reading the past few weeks, I have realized I have been doing a bro split thinking that's the "proper" way to lift. I have started the u/l/p/p/l routine and love it-very demanding but it feels great.

I have 2 noob questions:

1. I know subbing exercises is evidently a no-no but my upper pecs are lagging. Can I sub incline bb for flat bench on the upper day and incline db for incline bb on push day?

2. I have read the all the posts on the rep scheme but am still a bit confused. After my warm-up sets, do I do each working set to failure? So for 4 sets/32 reps, as many as I can each set and if it equals more than 32 reps after 4 sets, up the weight?

Thanks so much...