Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Need to get back on this program U,L,P,P,L Split, it's the one I've enjoyed most don't know why I stopped :-( Not sure where I should start regarding weight for the compound moves, 60-70% of my 1RM ?

Regarding the abs/calves ss can I just do them on there're own and change from say cable wood chops one day to say reverse cruches another ? I'm limited to calves exercises as we don't have a seated machine so I normally just do standing ones on a smith machine, this ok ?

incompatible has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick question - Should military press be done standing or seated like dumbbell press?

Military press is just one of those exercises I just can't progress nicely on, always stall. Did the same when i was running fierce 5πŸ˜ͺ Can't seem to push past 40kg
    Last edited by incompatible; 04-17-2017 at 10:33 AM.

SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SAW77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there any reason I can't do the reps as say 4x8 on the squat, 3x10 on pulldowns etc or any other the exercises ?

Let's say I can only do 7 on the second to last set and 6 on the last set then I wouldn't increase weight until I get the the 4x8 reps ?

Can I do front squat instead of hack squat ?

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by incompatible View Post
    Quick question - Should military press be done standing or seated like dumbbell press?

Military press is just one of those exercises I just can't progress nicely on, always stall. Did the same when i was running fierce 5πŸ˜ͺ Can't seem to push past 40kg
    Whatever you like the most... I prefer standing when using a barbell, and seated when using dumbbells.

Military Press engages less muscles than any other compound lift, which is why it's the lift people struggle with the most. Without knowing your other lifts or your bodyweight, i can't give you any specific advice.

Originally Posted by SAW77 View Post
    Is there any reason I can't do the reps as say 4x8 on the squat, 3x10 on pulldowns etc or any other the exercises ?

Let's say I can only do 7 on the second to last set and 6 on the last set then I wouldn't increase weight until I get the the 4x8 reps ?

Can I do front squat instead of hack squat ?
    Where does it say, you can't? Why the hell are you splitting hairs?

You can do front squats if you don't have access to a hack squat machine.

Sorry just checking I am following your program correctly. Now I have my macros sorted I'm going to do the 5 day split again as I've had the best results with this plan plus I do enjoy following it. I am having a week off first which I really need and it's something I need to do more often otherwise I'll just plateau again.

InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100)
    How long does the full body routine usually take?

Is 75-80 minutes too long?

dem ex-smoking lungs

vΞΉΞ·cΞΉΡ‚ qΟ…ΞΉ sΞ΅ vΞΉΞ·cΞΉΡ‚ CoffeeStout's Avatar
    CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeeStout is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2 friends and I have been on the 4 day upper and lower split for 2 weeks now and really enjoy it! It's not really like any other routine I've done before so it has been awesome to dive into. Thanks!!!
    π•Έπ–Šπ–’π–Šπ–“π–™π–” π•Έπ–”π–—π–Ž
    π•―π–Šπ–†π–™π– π–Žπ–˜ π–ˆπ–Šπ–—π–™π–†π–Žπ–“,π–‘π–Žπ–‹π–Š π–Žπ–˜ 𝖓𝖔𝖙.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InAffect View Post

dem ex-smoking lungs
    Used to take me around that much time, that is including all the warm-up sets. Plus I enjoy taking longer rest time 2-4 minutes in between compounds.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Tommax007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Viking, I really like the look of Upper/Lower 4 days split.planning to start it tomorrow.got 2 questions to ask:

1. Can i follow your Upper/Lower split for buliking, As i'm skinny 5.11 height 135lbs?

2.If i follow your Upper/lower split, do i need to do any warm-up sets or push-ups or i will start straight from working sets?

ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by InAffect View Post

dem ex-smoking lungs
    A workouts 1 & 3 takes me around 75mins... work out 2 is knocking on the door of 85-90mins
    FMH Crew - Dominate Humbly - Barbell Brigade

FIERCE 5/VIKING BARE BONES FB WORKOUT JOURNAL - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168445403

DovahkiinR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello
    I following 5 day program, i have some questions :

1- i follow x*y sets and reps, for example for bench prss use 4sets of 8reps = 32
    Is this ok?

2- we dont have hack Squat machine, i use Barbell hack Squat, is this ok or i better do smith front squat?

3- i added shrugs as u said in upper and pull day, is this ok or just add it in 1? ( 3*10)

4- i need some exercise for my fore arms, beacuse they are weak i think, is this ok add 3*12 in upper and pull day?

5- whats different between skullcrusher and lyong Triceps Extension?

Ty for answering

Blazersvm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see people asking kind of the same questions, but I just want to clarify, I've been coming up with my own 5 day split workout but I'm a beginner and I'm guessing I probably have been hurting my potential progression after reading this even though I have seen progress.

When you say 4 sets of 32, should I aim for a weight that i can get 8, and would fail on the 9th? And try to go 8,8,8,8, to hit my 32? Or let's say I bang out 16 first set, should I then try to go 16,6,6,6, to end up at 32? And what's your take on cardio with this? I was thinking about doing the 5 day or 4 day program, I love to run and would like to loose about 5 pounds, have a little extra around the stomach. I play hockey a couple nights a week and twice on Sundays, I was doing one mile, workout then end on 2 miles.
    Thanks.

dullahmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Currently doing the The Upper/Lower/Pull/Push/Legs Split and love it. I take about 3minute breaks on the compound exercises such as deadlift, squat, bench press etc.

I`m trying to save time in the gym much ofcourse optimise rest at the same time because i`ve just started a cut. Can I sort of "superset" some of the exercises? For example on push day can I do bench press then take 1.5min rest then military press then 1.5min rest then bench press (following same set and rep guidelines).

Thats just so I dont spend 3 minutes waiting around or skipping between exercises and im out quicker. I Have exams coming up
    Last edited by dullahmo; 04-27-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Originally Posted by Blazersvm View Post
    I see people asking kind of the same questions, but I just want to clarify, I've been coming up with my own 5 day split workout but I'm a beginner and I'm guessing I probably have been hurting my potential progression after reading this even though I have seen progress.

When you say 4 sets of 32, should I aim for a weight that i can get 8, and would fail on the 9th? And try to go 8,8,8,8, to hit my 32? Or let's say I bang out 16 first set, should I then try to go 16,6,6,6, to end up at 32? And what's your take on cardio with this? I was thinking about doing the 5 day or 4 day program, I love to run and would like to loose about 5 pounds, have a little extra around the stomach. I play hockey a couple nights a week and twice on Sundays, I was doing one mile, workout then end on 2 miles.
    Thanks.
    Regarding the rep progression yeah you want to go for a weight where you will fail on the 9th/10th rep (if your aiming for 4/32). With that sort of weight you`ll actually be challenging yourself and encouraging growth and strength. Realistically speaking if you go for a weight you can do 16 reps on and then do 6 6 6 for the following sets you wont be challenging yourself if at all (your meant to keep the same weight throughout the exercise). I do a quick warm up with some light weights beforehand ofcourse but dont include them, just a couple sets.

I`m currently benching with 28kg dumbells (beginner i know haha), and I managed 8 reps then 7 then 7 then 6, so next time i`m going for the full 8 8 8 8 or even 9 8 8 7 (anything to get me to 4/32). Once i`ve hit that i`ll move on to 30kg dumbells.

In regards to cardio, I`m not an expert but if you want to lose weight a calorie deficit is the way to go (also something i`m currently doing with 3x cardio sessions a week). Theres conflicting studies on cardio and its pro`s/cons to muscle and strengh gain but from experience and studies, if you keep it to short, fast sessions (e.g. HIIT), you`ll be better off than slow long sessions!

Hope that helped!

maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The entire workout plan looks really good but also difficult in terms of effort. Which is good of course, but what kind of macros would you use if you were using this plan to build mass?

The normal macro distribution like minimal 0.8g/lbs protein, minimal 0.4g/lbs for fat and the rest carbs?
    Never believe anything anyone tells you straight away. Your own experience makes you the best builder.

Originally Posted by maxroegiest View Post
    The entire workout plan looks really good but also difficult in terms of effort. Which is good of course, but what kind of macros would you use if you were using this plan to build mass?

The normal macro distribution like minimal 0.8g/lbs protein, minimal 0.4g/lbs for fat and the rest carbs?
    Use what you normally would for a mass building plan. The standard 0.8/lb protein and 0.4g/lb fat is a good standard start. With experience you`ll learn yourself whether your body personally benefits from a bit of extra fat or a bit of extra carbs (in exchange for the other ofc)

Hope that helped

maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thank you very much.

What would be a right amount of time for this workout program? As long as it reaps gains?
    Never believe anything anyone tells you straight away. Your own experience makes you the best builder.

Yeah definitely helped, thanks a lot bud. Just need to get my nutrition down I think. I eat clean, but I'm trying to gain muscle while also loose a little stomach fat, I'm like 5,9 158lbs, just a little extra on the stomach. I'm taking a weight gainer protein, about 800 calories 80 grams protein for 2 scoops, i take 1 scoop in the morning and after my afternoon workout, so I'm not sure if I'm defeating the purpose of taking that to gain mass, and running a mile before and 2 after my workouts to loose some stomach weight and tone up at the same time, got any thoughts on that? Should I switch to a leaner protein?

Originally Posted by Blazersvm View Post
    Yeah definitely helped, thanks a lot bud. Just need to get my nutrition down I think. I eat clean, but I'm trying to gain muscle while also loose a little stomach fat, I'm like 5,9 158lbs, just a little extra on the stomach. I'm taking a weight gainer protein, about 800 calories 80 grams protein for 2 scoops, i take 1 scoop in the morning and after my afternoon workout, so I'm not sure if I'm defeating the purpose of taking that to gain mass, and running a mile before and 2 after my workouts to loose some stomach weight and tone up at the same time, got any thoughts on that? Should I switch to a leaner protein?
    With the "mass gainer" its a supplement. And as with any supplement you only take it if you cant meet your dietary intake throughout the day (for example if your too busy to cook). Its not a magical powder that will help you gain muscle nor does it contain anything special, just calories. Your workout and overall diet will help you build muscle.

Pick one goal or the other, I`m assuming losing your belly at is top priority for you, so I would go with a cut to start off with until your at a lean level that your happy with and then slowly up the calories and do a lean bulk.
    So for now:
    1) Figure out your maintenance calories, using online calculators. I like to use a range and then calculate an average and use MyFitnessPal to track your calories throughout 2/3 weeks and see if your gain/lose or stay the same weight.
    2) Once you`ve got your maintenance calories sorted (This is where your staying the same weight with the regular amount of exercise and activity level that you normally do such as workouts, job etc), take away upto 500 calories and do upto 2 cardio sessions a week and see how your weight changes in a week.
    3) Whenever your weight plateau`s, either add an extra cardio session OR take away a bit of calories (5-10% of your current intake) to help bust that plateau

Its a slow process but that way it will be sustainable and you`ll lose minimal muscle mass.
    Also weigh yourself daily and calculate a weekly average weight to track your progress. Weight fluctuates a lot during a cut so thats the most accurate way!

Originally Posted by dullahmo View Post
    With the "mass gainer" its a supplement. And as with any supplement you only take it if you cant meet your dietary intake throughout the day (for example if your too busy to cook). Its not a magical powder that will help you gain muscle nor does it contain anything special, just calories. Your workout and overall diet will help you build muscle.

Pick one goal or the other, I`m assuming losing your belly at is top priority for you, so I would go with a cut to start off with until your at a lean level that your happy with and then slowly up the calories and do a lean bulk.
    So for now:
    1) Figure out your maintenance calories, using online calculators. I like to use a range and then calculate an average and use MyFitnessPal to track your calories throughout 2/3 weeks and see if your gain/lose or stay the same weight.
    2) Once you`ve got your maintenance calories sorted (This is where your staying the same weight with the regular amount of exercise and activity level that you normally do such as workouts, job etc), take away upto 500 calories and do upto 2 cardio sessions a week and see how your weight changes in a week.
    3) Whenever your weight plateau`s, either add an extra cardio session OR take away a bit of calories (5-10% of your current intake) to help bust that plateau

Its a slow process but that way it will be sustainable and you`ll lose minimal muscle mass.
    Also weigh yourself daily and calculate a weekly average weight to track your progress. Weight fluctuates a lot during a cut so thats the most accurate way!
    Thanks man I really appreciate it, was looking for some Guidance.

Originally Posted by Tommax007 View Post
    Hey Viking, I really like the look of Upper/Lower 4 days split.planning to start it tomorrow.got 2 questions to ask:

1. Can i follow your Upper/Lower split for buliking, As i'm skinny 5.11 height 135lbs?

2.If i follow your Upper/lower split, do i need to do any warm-up sets or push-ups or i will start straight from working sets?
    Yeah it`ll be a great plan to get onto for your bulking. Make sure youre in a calorie surplus. Calculate your macro`s using a few of the calculators you can find online and use an average. Apart from the first 4/5 weeks of bulking where you`ll put on a bit of water weight, make sure your scales arnt increasing by more than 2-3lb a month as anything more WILL be fat. There`s a maximum amount of muscle your body can build, any additional fuel (food) is just going to be stored as fat and you probably want to minimize that.

Just make sure you monitor your weight regularly and calculate weekly averages with 4 weigh in`s a week. Add 5-10% extra calories if you`re struggling to hit 2-3lb a month, take away 5-10% calories if you find yourself gaining more than 3lb a month.

Most of all, be patient

Originally Posted by Tommax007 View Post

Yeah it`ll be a great plan to get onto for your bulking. Make sure youre in a calorie surplus. Calculate your macro`s using a few of the calculators you can find online and use an average. Apart from the first 4/5 weeks of bulking where you`ll put on a bit of water weight, make sure your scales arnt increasing by more than 2-3lb a month as anything more WILL be fat. There`s a maximum amount of muscle your body can build, any additional fuel (food) is just going to be stored as fat and you probably want to minimize that.

Just make sure you monitor your weight regularly and calculate weekly averages with 4 weigh in`s a week. Add 5-10% extra calories if you`re struggling to hit 2-3lb a month, take away 5-10% calories if you find yourself gaining more than 3lb a month.

And yes you should always warm up and stretch before working out. For example for Leg day, i`ll do a steady 5-10minute ride on the stationary bikes following by a couple of light weight sets of 30% 1RM then a set of 50% of 1RM then I dive into my 4/32 squat set

Most of all, be patient

I have a question about the upper/lower split, but it applies to the upppl as well.

If you look at this:

Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    One-arm Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

Is there a special reason why the exercises are in this order?

I mean for example Bench Press, but the 2nd chest exercise is after the back and shoulder exercises. Isn't it kind of useless, for lack of a better word, to spread exercises for the same muscle group so far apart?

Or are the exercises not to be done in this specific order, just that they have to be done in that particular workout?

Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a question about the upper/lower split, but it applies to the upppl as well.

If you look at this:

Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
    Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
    Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets - 30 reps
    One-arm Cable or DB Rows - 3 sets - 30 reps
    Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 30 reps each

Is there a special reason why the exercises are in this order?

I mean for example Bench Press, but the 2nd chest exercise is after the back and shoulder exercises. Isn't it kind of useless, for lack of a better word, to spread exercises for the same muscle group so far apart?

Or are the exercises not to be done in this specific order, just that they have to be done in that particular workout?
    The workout should be done in order listed. Your muscles don't care when they get hit. The "chest" exercises don't have to be back to back, in fact, your chest should be better rested for the incline presses.
    Past Logs:
    MuscleTech Clear Muscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165816331
    MuscleTech Phosphamuscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166682391

Current Maxes:
    Squat: 315lbs
    Bench: 210lbs
    Deadlift: 405lbs

Originally Posted by Jinx8402 View Post
    The workout should be done in order listed. Your muscles don't care when they get hit. The "chest" exercises don't have to be back to back, in fact, your chest should be better rested for the incline presses.
    Is there any proof to this? I would love to get proven statistics or something that it's true, other than someone just saying it is what it is. Not that you don't know your stuff. I don't know you and you're 1 person. I just want to be sure.

Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is there any proof to this? I would love to get proven statistics or something that it's true, other than someone just saying it is what it is. Not that you don't know your stuff. I don't know you and you're 1 person. I just want to be sure.
    You're way overthinking it. Do the routine as listed. There is no correct way in the order of exercises, other than what the author of the routine provides.
    Past Logs:
    MuscleTech Clear Muscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165816331
    MuscleTech Phosphamuscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166682391

Current Maxes:
    Squat: 315lbs
    Bench: 210lbs
    Deadlift: 405lbs

NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jinx8402 View Post
    You're way overthinking it. Do the routine as listed. There is no correct way in the order of exercises, other than what the author of the routine provides.
    I like a chest - back - chest - back/shoulders setup while using this routine. Provides some rest before incline pressing which I hate

Been on this program for four weeks it's really fun thanks viking
    6'4 200
    Ain't much if it ain't Dutch
    Medstudent crew

Supersetting

Just to reduce total time training, is it OK if I superset between some exercises for example on upper day:

Do bench press for one set
    Minute break
    Barbell row
    Minute break
    Bench press 2nd set
    And so on

Cheers!

rutar111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guys, i just started to workout again after a 6 month break. I decided to go with a full body routine. I was just wondering if it would be ok if i would finish my workouts with a bit of AB exercises. Like a 5 min ab routine or is it better if i would do this on my rest days?

chefbourne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey viking!
    I injured my right shoulder rotator cuff twice. First time was due to widegrip pulldowns and pullups, causing inflammation on my biceps(?). Second time was during the skullcrushers, my right shoulder suddenly gave in, had a slightly painful clicking sound but that didn't turn out to be anything major and is still healing, getting slight inflammation on my biceps here and there after bench/ohp.

I am a 33/M with 8 months of lifting experience: B:210, S:275, D: 350. I would like to follow the 5 day routine but I simply can't do widegrip lat work and skulls. Is it ok to replace those two or would that be modifying the program too much and I should look for another routine? If it's ok would chin ups and some sort of triceps extension / pushdown be ok or would you recommend anything else?

Thanks in advance.