ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing motivation after breaking wrist

Hey guys im new here. I am 21 years old weigh 86.5kg and measure 177cm i am bulky and have significant muscle mass and some fat. I started training when i was 16 on and off but for the past years it was serious training and gained serious strength.. my 1 rpm on chest was 130kg, etc. I recently (a few days ago) fell off a motorcycle and broke my wrist, had to get surgery (screws). I am gonna have to lay off the gym for about 3 months and when i start it will have to be with really light weight. I never had an injury like this and knowing that i have been training for 5 years it upsets me. When i have the cast taken off in 3 months my arm and body in general is gonna be small, flabby and weak. Any motivation from any similar cases? I dont wanna look in the mirror the day i can start training knowing how i look now. Any tips and motivation advice? Thanks guys

adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100) adieladawie is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ItsAnder View Post
    Hey guys im new here. I am 21 years old weigh 86.5kg and measure 177cm i am bulky and have significant muscle mass and some fat. I started training when i was 16 on and off but for the past years it was serious training and gained serious strength.. my 1 rpm on chest was 130kg, etc. I recently (a few days ago) fell off a motorcycle and broke my wrist, had to get surgery (screws). I am gonna have to lay off the gym for about 3 months and when i start it will have to be with really light weight. I never had an injury like this and knowing that i have been training for 5 years it upsets me. When i have the cast taken off in 3 months my arm and body in general is gonna be small, flabby and weak. Any motivation from any similar cases? I dont wanna look in the mirror the day i can start training knowing how i look now. Any tips and motivation advice? Thanks guys
    Sorry dude, you have got to be strong. Picture yourself doing something great in the near future and have high hopes for everything because everything is possible.

DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago.... I broke my left femur, my right ankle and my tibia and fibea I broke... I am alright now but my legs get tired a lot more if I walk a long ways.... I was out of commission for about a year but you pretty much pick up where you left off... Muscle memory.

PieceOfT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's very discouraging. I had TFCC surgery in March 2016. I was able to start with light weights after 3.5 months post-op with occupational therapy. Now I am off the gym again due to a volar plate injury in my finger (I believe due to deadlifting). Stay positive. Visualize yourself getting stronger in the future. Your age is on your side so you can build your gains back up!

ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsAnder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks to everyone who commented! I will try to be strong and not lose any hope!

FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you don't push yourself, as soon as the doctor says you can, and start with no weight at all and build up as slowly/long as it takes, then the bone healing process will suck and you will have a much harder time coming back to it again later in life.

Remember, resistance training, and the muscles pulling on the bones, causes bones to also grow more dense... Don't just think of your muscles, see the muscle continuously going through your bones... Yours just got cut in half... Kill your ego and start over.