Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bdillingham5 View Post
    Corey and Kevin.......
    Someone send out the bat symbol!

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gregmh View Post
    Effects of dietary L-arginine intake on cardiorespiratory and metabolic adaptation in athletes.
    Bescós R1, Gonzalez-Haro C, Pujol P, Drobnic F, Alonso E, Santolaria ML, Ruiz O, Esteve M, Galilea P.
    Author information
    Abstract
    To assess the effect of diet enrichment with L-arginine or supplementation at high doses on physiological adaptation during exercise, 9 athletes followed 3 different diets, each over 3 consecutive days, with a wash-out period of 4 d between training sessions: control diet (CD), 5.5 +/- 0.3 g/d of L-arginine; Diet 1 (rich in L-arginine food), 9.0 +/- 1.1 g/d of L-arginine; and Diet 2 (the same as CD but including an oral supplement of 15 g/d), 20.5 +/- 0.3 g/d of L-arginine. Plasma nitrate levels of each participant were determined on the day after each treatment. Participants performed a submaximal treadmill test (initial speed 10-11 km/hr, work increments 1 km/hr every 4 min until 85-90% VO2max, and passive recovery periods of 2 min). Oxygen uptake and heart rate were monitored throughout the test. Blood lactate concentration ([La-]b) was determined at the end of each stage. Repeated-measures ANOVA and paired Student's t tests were used to compare the various physiological parameters between diets. The level of significance was set at p < .05. [La-]b showed a significant effect at the 5-min time point between CD and Diet 2 (CD 3.0 +/- 0.5 mM, Diet 2 2.5 +/- 0.5 mM, p = .03), but this tendency was not found at higher exercise intensities. No significant differences were observed in any of the cardiorespiratory or plasma nitrate levels. In conclusion, dietary L-arginine intake on the days preceding the test does not improve physiological parameters during exercise.

Another
    "Acute Arginine Supplementation Fails to Improve Muscle Endurance or Affect Blood Pressure Responses to Resistance Training" http://digitalcommons.sacredheart.ed...text=pthms_fac
    My secret? Texting between sets.

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    Effects of dietary L-arginine intake on cardiorespiratory and metabolic adaptation in athletes.
    Bescós R1, Gonzalez-Haro C, Pujol P, Drobnic F, Alonso E, Santolaria ML, Ruiz O, Esteve M, Galilea P.
    Author information
    Abstract
    To assess the effect of diet enrichment with L-arginine or supplementation at high doses on physiological adaptation during exercise, 9 athletes followed 3 different diets, each over 3 consecutive days, with a wash-out period of 4 d between training sessions: control diet (CD), 5.5 +/- 0.3 g/d of L-arginine; Diet 1 (rich in L-arginine food), 9.0 +/- 1.1 g/d of L-arginine; and Diet 2 (the same as CD but including an oral supplement of 15 g/d), 20.5 +/- 0.3 g/d of L-arginine. Plasma nitrate levels of each participant were determined on the day after each treatment. Participants performed a submaximal treadmill test (initial speed 10-11 km/hr, work increments 1 km/hr every 4 min until 85-90% VO2max, and passive recovery periods of 2 min). Oxygen uptake and heart rate were monitored throughout the test. Blood lactate concentration ([La-]b) was determined at the end of each stage. Repeated-measures ANOVA and paired Student's t tests were used to compare the various physiological parameters between diets. The level of significance was set at p < .05. [La-]b showed a significant effect at the 5-min time point between CD and Diet 2 (CD 3.0 +/- 0.5 mM, Diet 2 2.5 +/- 0.5 mM, p = .03), but this tendency was not found at higher exercise intensities. No significant differences were observed in any of the cardiorespiratory or plasma nitrate levels. In conclusion, dietary L-arginine intake on the days preceding the test does not improve physiological parameters during exercise.
    If you are not here to participate in a constructive manner than kindly leave.

If you don't like the product than don't buy it - simple as that.

Everyone is here for GAT support and participation.
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are not here to participate in a constructive manner than kindly leave.

If you don't like the product than don't buy it - simple as that.

Everyone is here for GAT support and participation.
    You labeled it a Q&A thread, I asked a question. "Why is arginine included in the products?" Literally the first post.

gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Author information
    Abstract

Another
    "Acute Arginine Supplementation Fails to Improve Muscle Endurance or Affect Blood Pressure Responses to Resistance Training" http://digitalcommons.sacredheart.ed...text=pthms_fac

Lol keep it classy.

gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You labeled it a Q&A thread, I asked a question. "Why is arginine included in the products?" Literally the first post.
    And I didn't answer it because , you already know the answers... So what's the point ? But not answering the question wasn't good enough for you, you had to jump back in and start stuff back up again...

Did I make any claims ? No... Do I feel like searching the internet , so I can cut and paste stuff that I personally didn't come up with to rebute ? ... No

I've got better things to do with my time, sorry you feel it's not an effective product, sorry Arginine touched you in that bad place, but there is absolutely nothing I can post that will change your mind, so I'm going to go back to eating cake... Have a great night

ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Topic: Favorite mass builders for each muscle group.
    Easy.

Legs - squats
    Back- pill-ups, rows and deads
    Chest - incline and db presses
    Shoulders - presses and db laterals, high pulls
    Triceps- dips and skulls
    Bicrps- bb and db curls

The real key. Food. Lots of quality food. No intermittent fasting. No iifym. No keto. Just food.
    iSatori Rep
    iSatori.com

MY JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159728871&p=1196729941#post1196729941

Originally Posted by ExtremeOne74 View Post
    Easy.

Legs - squats
    Triceps- dips and skulls
    Bicrps- bb and db curls

The real key. Food. Lots of quality food. No intermittent fasting. No iifym. No keto. Just food.
    Good food is the golden rule to everything... yet, people don't want to believe it. I eat like crap, I start looking like crap... When I eat better, I start feeling and looking better... Just that simple

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I googled an image to show them both, because I'm with Brian and has always leaned or felt like I leaned more with a high bar squat... But maybe I'm doing it wrong, because almost all of them look like this.

Now, my chest is much further out and head up than what they show hear... and I squat a decent amount closing in on 500 ( or at least did ) so it's not that I'm using 135...

this might get interesting when the two experts jump in
    That is what I was trying to explain above. There are other pictures out there that I think show it better. The high bar position in the picture is correct, but the low bar barbell position is still a little high on his back as you can see from the line pointing to his feet, the bar isn't over his heel (as it should be) like it is in the high bar squat. But, I think overall, it does show how the two bar positions affect the squat movement overall. Also, based on the picture, you should be able to see how the two position put emphasis on different leg muscles ie quads vs glutes.
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018

1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Am I the only one that thinks this dog is awesome ?

20% off all GAT products during the 72 Hour Sale =)
    NOO that needs to be a real dog to go with epic GAT goodies!!
    Come follow my journey on IG @1armlifts

InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Easy.
    Legs - squats
    Back- p[u]ll-ups, rows and deads
    Triceps- dips and skulls
    Bicrps- bb and db curls
    Most not surprising, but EO, why no close grip bench for Tris? or why Skullcrushers (not arguing their greatness) better for mass gains?

By the way, I'm not arguing with you at all. I just switched my workout to prioritize CGBP over skullcrushers, which were inflaming some elbow pain. Teach me, Obi-Wan.

Originally Posted by Tyler2106 View Post
    That is what I was trying to explain above. There are other pictures out there that I think show it better. The high bar position in the picture is correct, but the low bar barbell position is still a little high on his back as you can see from the line pointing to his feet, the bar isn't over his heel (as it should be) like it is in the high bar squat. But, I think overall, it does show how the two bar positions affect the squat movement overall. Also, based on the picture, you should be able to see how the two position put emphasis on different leg muscles ie quads vs glutes.
    It's the shoes. plain and simple.
    “God will not have his work made manifest by cowards†- RWE
    1Cor 6:19-20, Rom 12:1-2
    [[|--- CM Appr. Crew --- |]]

1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1armlifts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Easy.

Legs - squats
    Triceps- dips and skulls
    Bicrps- bb and db curls

Can't argue with this, speaking from experience with EO it works.
    Come follow my journey on IG @1armlifts

Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im going to answer these questions in detail tonight. i didnt have a chance to sit down and get into the way I really wanted to yesterday.
    Team GAT Representative

http://www.teamgat.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gat/gat.htm

"Sometimes in life it's the barbell that lifts up the man."

Instagram: standout_nutrition

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Corey1Young View Post
    im going to answer these questions in detail tonight. i didnt have a chance to sit down and get into the way I really wanted to yesterday.
    That's what she said? (little kid giggles)
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Topic: Favorite mass builders for each muscle group.
    Good question.

This has quite a few variables that can change from person to person so I'm going to list my own personal favorites:

Shoulders: Military Press/Barbell Deadstop Pin Press with the pins set to right around chin level

Triceps: Close Grip Bench

Biceps: Low Cable Curl

Chest: Flat Bench/Incline DB Bench

Back Thickness: Deadlifts

Back Width: Seated Cable Rows/Assisted Chins

Quads: Squat

Hamstrings: Lying Leg Curl

Calfs: Standing Calf Raise

**I want to note here that the devil is really in the details for every exercise. From the way you execute it, to using the appropriate weight, sets, reps, tempo, and overall volume. Nothing works in a vacuum. It's all part of a bigger picture
    Team GAT Representative

High Bar vs Low Bar Squats

You guys have already done great work with the discussion here, but I'm going to weigh in and add a few things.

High Bar

- Much more effective at targeting the quads during the exercise

- When using PROPER FORM...should place LESS stress on the lower back.

- High Bar Squats require good ANKLE mobility. Not hip mobility as some seem to believe. The mobility of the ankle is critical for allowing proper range of motion. If a lifter does begin to drift forward during a high bar squat it's because their body is trying to compensate for the tightness in the ankles during the descending portion of the rep.

- Feet should only be slightly more than shoulder width apart

- The bottom 1/3 portion of the movements requires a significant amount of glute recruitment to "get out of the hole". Having weak glutes and tight ankles is what usually leads to the "butt wink" just about everyone has seen at one time or another

- High bar squats should be the weapon of choice for people looking to pack muscle onto their quads. Improving High Bar squat strength will also have a greater carryover to traditional sports training than will Low Bar Squats.

Low Bar Squats

- Do place more stress on the low back than would a High Bar squat

- Involve more of the posterior chain. They pull in the glutes, hips, low back, and hamstrings to a much greater degree than do High Bar Squats

- Low Bar Squats are best for PL or people who like to perform Olympic lifts.

- Low Bar Squats activate the quads to a significantly lesser degree. Theyre suboptimal for bodybuilding purposes

- People with poor ankle mobility may prefer Low Bar. It'll allow them to get greater depth on the lift.

- People with weak glutes may want to include some degree of low bar squats in the programming

- Because of the tremendous load and similarity in the movement pattern to deadlifts, use caution when structuring your program to avoid beating up the lower back too much. However, having them both in a properly structured strength program can lead to awesome strength gains in both lifts.

- A number of Low Bar squatters do their movement duck footed....a word of caution here: Make sure you are getting proper hip and glute involvement by creating a good "pocket" at the bottom of your lift. Failing to do so can result in weak glutes relative to your overall strength. This can lead to some strength imbalances and in some cases lead to irritation of the IT band...that in and of itself isnt bad, but it can be painful and annoying. It only requires rest to fix it. But who wants to stay out of the gym?

Final Verdict

If building muscle is your goal stick with High Bar Squats.

If maximum strength is your goal opt for Low Bar Squats.

People with tight ankles may want to opt for Low Bar Squats.

Anyone prone to lower back issues should avoid Low Bar Squats, and certainly Low Bar Squats and deadlifts within the same training cycle.
    Team GAT Representative

Once I get my kids to bed tonight I'm going to do a quick video about a few exercises I use as part of my dynamic warm up to help improve ankle flexion and to open up the external hip flexors for leg day.

Trust me. This works. And if you're prone to being a giant stiff you may want to do it everyday.

If someone asks I'll try to do my entire dynamic warm up routine on video. It can also serve as a mobility routine as well. It's made a world of difference in my ability to move through the full range of some exercises
    Team GAT Representative

Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Represente is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good looking, Corey. Great read about the high and low bar squat.

I'll definitely take a look at your dynamic warmup video when you get it finished. I'm always looking for new and improved warmups.

Originally Posted by InfiniteRecomp View Post
    Yes, that dog is pretty awesome. Bulldogs are better, but then again it wouldn't be German, huh?

Yeah, I would never own a dog like that, but I still love the hat.. maybe it's just my heritage showing through ?

Bully owner as well, American Bull dog and Pitt... I did have a Rottie that i loved, I miss that pup everyday

You guys have already done great work with the discussion here, but I'm going to weigh in and add a few things.

High Bar

- Much more effective at targeting the quads during the exercise

- When using PROPER FORM...should place LESS stress on the lower back.

- High Bar Squats require good ANKLE mobility. Not hip mobility as some seem to believe. The mobility of the ankle is critical for allowing proper range of motion. If a lifter does begin to drift forward during a high bar squat it's because their body is trying to compensate for the tightness in the ankles during the descending portion of the rep.

- Feet should only be slightly more than shoulder width apart

- The bottom 1/3 portion of the movements requires a significant amount of glute recruitment to "get out of the hole". Having weak glutes and tight ankles is what usually leads to the "butt wink" just about everyone has seen at one time or another

- High bar squats should be the weapon of choice for people looking to pack muscle onto their quads. Improving High Bar squat strength will also have a greater carryover to traditional sports training than will Low Bar Squats.

Low Bar Squats

- Do place more stress on the low back than would a High Bar squat

- Involve more of the posterior chain. They pull in the glutes, hips, low back, and hamstrings to a much greater degree than do High Bar Squats

- Low Bar Squats are best for PL or people who like to perform Olympic lifts.

- Low Bar Squats activate the quads to a significantly lesser degree. Theyre suboptimal for bodybuilding purposes

- People with poor ankle mobility may prefer Low Bar. It'll allow them to get greater depth on the lift.

- People with weak glutes may want to include some degree of low bar squats in the programming

- Because of the tremendous load and similarity in the movement pattern to deadlifts, use caution when structuring your program to avoid beating up the lower back too much. However, having them both in a properly structured strength program can lead to awesome strength gains in both lifts.

- A number of Low Bar squatters do their movement duck footed....a word of caution here: Make sure you are getting proper hip and glute involvement by creating a good "pocket" at the bottom of your lift. Failing to do so can result in weak glutes relative to your overall strength. This can lead to some strength imbalances and in some cases lead to irritation of the IT band...that in and of itself isnt bad, but it can be painful and annoying. It only requires rest to fix it. But who wants to stay out of the gym?

Final Verdict

If building muscle is your goal stick with High Bar Squats.

If maximum strength is your goal opt for Low Bar Squats.

People with tight ankles may want to opt for Low Bar Squats.

Anyone prone to lower back issues should avoid Low Bar Squats, and certainly Low Bar Squats and deadlifts within the same training cycle.
    I have never heard that before and it would explain why I don't like it.. Both ankles are completely torn up, like 2 sever tears in the right and at least 3 in my left.. just plagued with ankle issues...

I knew Corey would have a good response to this

Once I get my kids to bed tonight I'm going to do a quick video about a few exercises I use as part of my dynamic warm up to help improve ankle flexion and to open up the external hip flexors for leg day.

Trust me. This works. And if you're prone to being a giant stiff you may want to do it everyday.

If someone asks I'll try to do my entire dynamic warm up routine on video. It can also serve as a mobility routine as well. It's made a world of difference in my ability to move through the full range of some exercises
    I would love to hear more about the warm up stuff, getting as old as I am, I really need to make sure I get this part of training down or I'm just begging for an injury

I have to edit the video and ill get it up here today. Its not going to be anything crazy. My three year old made it damn near impossible for me to do without crashing the party every 2 seconds.

Other training tip or form related stuff I will try to do here at my home gym.

Keep the questions coming!
    Team GAT Representative

I know the Smith machine gets a little of hate, but what would you say is your favorite Smith machine exercise (if you have any) For anyone to answer.

InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely! Just the few nutrition tips you've given me, mostly dispelling fads has helped tremendously. Thank you.

I will sub, bookmark, and play every day. I need this.

Just made a checklist. Reinforces my preference for High Bar and I didn't even know it. A little off-topic but what about Front Squats? The grip absolutely kills my wrists and is relatively probably one of my weakest movements.

Good question.
    This has quite a few variables that can change from person to person so I'm going to list my own personal favorites:
    Shoulders: Military Press/Barbell Deadstop Pin Press with the pins set to right around chin level
    Triceps: Close Grip Bench
    Biceps: Low Cable Curl
    Chest: Flat Bench/Incline DB Bench
    Back Thickness: Deadlifts
    Back Width: Seated Cable Rows/Assisted Chins
    Quads: Squat
    Hamstrings: Lying Leg Curl
    Calfs: Standing Calf Raise
    **I want to note here that the devil is really in the details for every exercise. From the way you execute it, to using the appropriate weight, sets, reps, tempo, and overall volume. Nothing works in a vacuum. It's all part of a bigger picture
    Evne a vacuum doesn't work in a vacuum I'm going to try those deadstop presses on my next shoulder day; that's where I'm weakest. The rest I've done and are staples.

Yeah, I would never own a dog like that, but I still love the hat.. maybe it's just my heritage showing through ?
    Bully owner as well, American Bull dog and Pitt... I did have a Rottie that i loved, I miss that pup everyday
    You just like cute monsters. Awwwww

Originally Posted by Represente View Post
    I know the Smith machine gets a little of hate, but what would you say is your favorite Smith machine exercise (if you have any) For anyone to answer.
    If you want a more machine feel, then Seated Shoulder Presses would be a good one IMMHO. The only other one of real value I see is a Rack Pull.

Of course, at PF that's all they got, so it's smith bench press or nuttin'.

I have to edit the video and ill get it up here today. Its not going to be anything crazy. My three year old made it damn near impossible for me to do without crashing the party every 2 seconds.
    Family life is the only life!

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just made a checklist. Reinforces my preference for High Bar and I didn't even know it. A little off-topic but what about Front Squats? The grip absolutely kills my wrists and is relatively probably one of my weakest movements.
    My guess is you lack mobility to get the the bar and your body into the correct rack position. The only thing your wrists are supposed to do is keep the barbell in place; they shouldn't be holding any of the weight. Tight lats and triceps could be the issue. If you want, you can always do them with your arms crossed over so you can work on your front squat strength.
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018

My guess is you lack mobility to get the the bar and your body into the correct rack position. The only thing your wrists are supposed to do is keep the barbell in place; they shouldn't be holding any of the weight. Tight lats and triceps could be the issue. If you want, you can always do them with your arms crossed over so you can work on your front squat strength.
    Yeah, I noticed my elbows don't go high enough, and it's really just my left wrist that pains me; the right seems to be ok. I understand that the hand position is just to keep the bar in place, held up really by a 'shelf' made by my shoulders and collarbone. I switched form arms crossed because when I did them that way the bar just wanted to roll down. I figured this other position was more 'correct'. When I made the grip switch I started with straps as shown for this routine that used front squats heavily (6 weeks to superhero - TNation). I reduced the weight and brought up the form a bit, but maybe not enough. The wrist problem is also the same arm that pains me (elbow) on triceps extensions. It's gotta be flexibility.

Thanks for the reply.

I love front squats, EOs Front/back squat super set is a killer..

What I don't like about front squats is the almost choking myself out every time I do them =)

Never gotten to liking front squats. It just feels way too uncomfortable for me. I much prefer hack squats for targeting my quads.

I'm having trouble uploading the video to YouTube. I'll try emailing to to myself and try to get it posted later tonight
    Team GAT Representative

ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ExtremeOne74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do like close grips for tris but a little too much spill over into pecs and front delts. I prefer skulls.

Awesome post on squats corey. I've seen many low bar wide stance Pl squatters who can move a lot of weight but lack leg development. Lots of hip involvement in movement. I do utilize both though.

And actually I like keeping the bar in between the two and will carry foot positions
    iSatori Rep
    iSatori.com

MY JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159728871&p=1196729941#post1196729941