Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NickelArse View Post
    A couple of points

I would use some fat calipers (can buy for about $5) to measure BF% and progress, those impediment analysis scales are just too unreliable.

Secondly I'd like to think I'm pretty experienced with keto and low carb diets and I've come to the following realisation. Whilst cutting carbs and going keto is absolutely the most optimal way to get on a calorie deficit and lose body fat, it is not the best way to perform at your best from a physical point of view (when not trying to lose weight).

Outside of experimentation I'm not 100% sure what your goals are with Keto but for me I'm currently using it to lose weight (and I'm nearing my current goal of body fat%) at which point I'm going to switch to about 120g of carbs per day on workout days but still use keto on rest/cardio days. Like I said for fat loss keto is god, for any type of performance training/exercise (some) carbs are preferable.
    Thanks for the input! I definitely have considered purchasing calipers so I'll try that next.

I also agree about performance. From what I've read, keto will never be 100% optimal in terms of strength training but as you say, it is a great weight-loss tool!
    My goal is to continue to stick with it for the next month or so.. honestly this is the first diet that I have no interest in suddenly cheating on or stopping. I have IBS and before it was quite awful to deal with on a regular basis but since going keto I've literally had ZERO symptoms. It truly is amazing and one of the reasons I have been so pro-keto, haha. But I think carbs is a great idea on training days, maybe one day I'll try adding some in from a food source I know doesn't cause me much issue and I'll see how it goes!

For now, I am happy with the keto life. I am actually going to The Works for my birthday this Friday. (amazing burger place if you haven't tried it, and totally keto-friendly). I will gladly enjoy an 8oz bunless burger with copious amounts of avocado, cheese and bacon on top .

~Sam~
    "You get out of it what you put into it".

Protein dessert recipes, healthy breakfasts, workouts and more: www.mouthwateringmotivation.wordpress.com
    or
    www.mouthwateringmotivation,com

Fan Page: www.********.com/sambriden18

Food/Bulking Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155764743

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJcTmyKjflsT9k-w1jJ7Nw

Instagram: sammysamgirl

IIFYM for life.

NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sammysamgurl View Post
    Thanks for the input! I definitely have considered purchasing calipers so I'll try that next.

I also agree about performance. From what I've read, keto will never be 100% optimal in terms of strength training but as you say, it is a great weight-loss tool!
    My goal is to continue to stick with it for the next month or so.. honestly this is the first diet that I have no interest in suddenly cheating on or stopping. I have IBS and before it was quite awful to deal with on a regular basis but since going keto I've literally had ZERO symptoms. It truly is amazing and one of the reasons I have been so pro-keto, haha. But I think carbs is a great idea on training days, maybe one day I'll try adding some in from a food source I know doesn't cause me much issue and I'll see how it goes!

For now, I am happy with the keto life. I am actually going to The Works for my birthday this Friday. (amazing burger place if you haven't tried it, and totally keto-friendly). I will gladly enjoy an 8oz bunless burger with copious amounts of avocado, cheese and bacon on top .

~Sam~
    That's so awesome you're feeling so much better and honestly if I wasn't looking for my ticket back on the gainz train I could easily eat keto the rest of my life, I'm never hungry and love the food I get to eat. However carbs definitely provide a performance and hypertrophy advantage which I'm gonna want again soon.
    insta www.instagram.com/strongbanter
    lifting log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164163411

sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NickelArse View Post
    That's so awesome you're feeling so much better and honestly if I wasn't looking for my ticket back on the gainz train I could easily eat keto the rest of my life, I'm never hungry and love the food I get to eat. However carbs definitely provide a performance and hypertrophy advantage which I'm gonna want again soon.
    Thank you! & haha, that's totally understandable, I do miss the better performance on carbs!

Protein dessert recipes, healthy breakfasts, workouts and more: www.mouthwateringmotivation.wordpress.com
    or

IIFYM for life.

Day 15-update

Not much to report, same weight today at 122.8.

I experimented with eating a few extra carbs(31g) compared with my normal 20g limit and I am still in ketosis. I won't aim to eat more but it's nice to know I can not worry as much if I go over by a few carbs..(peanut butter and dairy products are my usual culprits, haha).

I also made a strange observation today. I did some HIIT cardio on the treadmill for the first time in a while and noticed I was not nearly as out of breath as I usually am! I stopped at 20 minutes but I felt like I could have done more.

Anyways, that is all for now and I will update you tomorrow!

Calories consumed today: 2048

or

IIFYM for life.

HEY GUYS. SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES. I AM STILL ALIVE AND STILL DOING KETO.

Woah, okay sorry caps got me lookin' like I'm yelling, LOL. Anyways, I made a video update to explain why I've been AWAL.

I'll send some more updates your way soon! Give me a shout if you're still with me because I'd totally understand if you bailed after my absence, haha.

~Sam

or

IIFYM for life.

ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ankit258456 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by sammysamgurl View Post
    HEY GUYS. SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES. I AM STILL ALIVE AND STILL DOING KETO.

Woah, okay sorry caps got me lookin' like I'm yelling, LOL. Anyways, I made a video update to explain why I've been AWAL.

I'll send some more updates your way soon! Give me a shout if you're still with me because I'd totally understand if you bailed after my absence, haha.

~Sam

What about hidden carbs? You eat alot of vegetables, that means even after subtracting the fibres from them you can still get those carbs