Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TWILC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Week 4 Day 6

Day 27. I weighed in at 166 today. My lower abs are starting to be more solid, but aren't to the point of showing yet. I feel pretty good today! I've usually been doing the Saturday workouts later in the day, and I'm usually way tired. Today I did it around 1:15 and had a ton of energy. I was able to lift pretty heavy.

The carb load was a success, the book says that with my weight and height, that I should get around 1,200g of carbs on the carb days, but I do like to stay a little bit lower than that. It was also my birthday yesterday, so the carb load was extra enjoyable. I didn't cheat or anything, it just made for a nice day. I was struggling without coffee all day, but it wasn't too bad. I'm going to include everything, even the food from Thursday as well, just to see the calories for the whole carb load.

2 cups of Cocoa Pebbles
    3 cups of Honey Comb
    4 cups fat free milk
    2 scoops of protein
    2 Philly Cheese Steak Lean Pockets
    30g Mini Marshmallows
    3 Naked Green Machine drinks
    30g Pretzel Sticks
    5 1/2 Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
    13 tbsp of fat free cream cheese
    3 slices of 100% whole wheat bread

Calories: 4,770. Protein: 213g. Carb: 897g. Fat: 34g.
    Attached Images

Week 4 Day 7

Day 28. I'm submitting this on Tuesday (10/18) but I wrote it on Sunday (10/16). I weighed in at 166 today. Again, I look more lean than I did last week, I'd even say leaner that I looked on Thursday. Around my pecs, and abs, you can see that I'm not as round anymore. There are more square angles. My abs are still covered in a layer of fat, but they're definitely starting to become visible.

It was my birthday on Friday, and was able to avoid eating like **** all of Friday, but I was taken out on Saturday to Buffalo Wild Wings. I did get a salad, but still felt super guilty. Other than the salad, I ate what I normally would on Saturdays: tuna, rice, protein shakes.

Today is an off day, but I will run for 60 minutes at 4.5 MPH.

Week 5 Day 1

Day 29. Super crazy that I've made it this far. It's not as hard to stick to as I thought it would be though. I feel like after sticking to this diet pretty strictly, I can stick to any diet. I weighed in at 166 today. I feel wayyyy tired today. Holy cow, this is no good. I look a little less lean than yesterday, could be that damn salad. But I'm not gonna sweat it, I still look pretty good. Today's food will be the same as last Mon-Wed.

It feels nice to go back to drinking as much caffeine as I want. Friday's are rad for the carb load, but not so much with the lack of caffeine. I did drink coffee over the weekend, but I don't notice myself feeling as tired when I'm not at work.

I'm not super siked for today's depletion workout, but I'll power through it.

Breakfast: 1 can of tuna, and 1 scoop of protein powder.
    Lunch: 1 can of tuna, and 1/2 cup of rice w/1tbsp of olive oil
    Dinner: 5 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup of rice w/tbsp of olive oil, 1 scoop of protein powder.
    Cals: 1,220. Protein: 154/157, Carbs: 55/55, Fats: 41/50

FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FxFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, How's the diet going? Keep it up, can see a major change in your appearance.

Week 5 Day 2

Alrighty, sorry I haven't been logging the days lately. I've been pretty busy. I am still going strong though, and I've just been writing these posts, just in my phone notes.

Day 30. I weighed in at 165 this day. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't really have to flex my stomach for it to look good. My V-Taper is coming in pretty strong on the left side. My right side doesn't show without flexing, I think due to a laparoscopic appendectomy that I had a few years ago after my appendix ruptured. My lower abs are still hiding in the fat, but my lower stomach is still looking pretty solid.

Dinner: 5 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup of rice w/tbsp of olive oil, 1 scoop of protein powder.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by FxFreak View Post
    Hey, How's the diet going? Keep it up, can see a major change in your appearance.
    Thanks man! I've been slacking these last few days on posting, but it's good to know someone is actually reading this haha.

Week 5 Day 3

Day 31. I weighed in at 164 today. Same this as yesterday, pretty damn lean and loving it. Last nights depletion workout was kick ass. I shortened my rest periods, since I haven't really felt like puking as much as I did when first starting. I seemed to sweat a ton more than I usually do.

My food for today will be the same (surprise surprise) except that I'll be eating 1/2 cup of steel cut oats instead of one of the half cups of rice that I usually eat. My calories were a little bit lower for this day, but I'm not going to stress it.

Breakfast: 1 can of tuna, and 1/2 cup of steel cut oats w/ 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder.
    Lunch: 1 can of tuna
    Cals: 1,024. Protein: 124/157, Carb: 59/55, Fat: /50

Week 6 Day 1

Day 36. Hey y'all, sorry for not posting. I felt like ****, both physically and mentally on Thursday. I took Thursday-Sunday off, with eating basically at maintenance. Right now, I'm sitting at 164.6. I did cave a bit last night, and ate some ice cream, but it didn't seem to effect anything. In fact, I look super lean today, I'd almost say cut. I'm really excited to see what these remaining weeks will bring. Here we go.

I'll be eating the normal stuff, except with the oatmeal instead of 1 of the half cups of rice. This means that I'll also not be eating 1 of the 2 tbsp of olive oil I usually eat. My calories will be closer to 1000 than 1200, but oh well. Though eating at maintenance was nice, I'm glad to be back. I love this diet.

Breakfast: 1 can of tuna, and 1/2 cup of steel cut oats w/ 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder.
    Lunch: 1 can of tuna
    Cals: 1,024. Protein: 124/157, Carb: 59/55, Fat: /50
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TWILC; 10-24-2016 at 08:22 PM.

MattFreestone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice log mate! I don't think you should believe the bod fat measurement device, just keep looking in the mirror. Positive changes so far but definitely not 10%. Check this out: builtlean.co(m)/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Keep it going, the loss so far is awesome.

Originally Posted by MattFreestone View Post
    Nice log mate! I don't think you should believe the bod fat measurement device, just keep looking in the mirror. Positive changes so far but definitely not 10%. Check this out: builtlean.co(m)/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Keep it going, the loss so far is awesome.
    Thanks man! Haha yeahh, once that thing said 10%, I knew it was way off. I'm just not paying attention to that anymore.

Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Only 1,000 cals a day? Damn.

Week 6 Day 2

Day 37. I weighed in at 163.2 today, and I'm looking pretty good. I didn't think I'd be sore with only taking 4 days off, but I'm pretty sore today. Not my whole body, just weird places like my fingers and obliques haha. I noticed that when I was taking the break for a few days, that I was sleeping like a baby. Now that I'm back to it, my sleep is kind of ****ty. Oh well, superior results are worth the **** sleep haha.

The depletion workout last night was pretty solid. I was going to stick around for 20-30 minutes after to do some cardio (I wanted to make up for the ice cream from Sunday,) but I realized that I look leaner than I did before the ice cream, and I was not about to be in the gym for 2 hours.

I'll be eating my normal food today, back to the rice. I really dig the oatmeal and protein mix, but I have to be in the right mood. I've discovered this tomato basil seasoning, and it really spices up my rice, olive oil, and tuna mix.

Originally Posted by Wlindqu1 View Post
    Only 1,000 cals a day? Damn.
    Yeahhh, I should be getting 1,200, but some days are a little low.

Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TWILC View Post
    Yeahhh, I should be getting 1,200, but some days are a little low.
    Here I thought 2,300 was tough lol. Keep up the good work man.

Originally Posted by Wlindqu1 View Post
    Here I thought 2,300 was tough lol. Keep up the good work man.
    Haha yessir, it's a killer. The weekends make it all worth it though. Well, that and the results!

Week 6 Day 3

Day 38. I weighted in at 162.2 today. My body seems to favor .2, and .6 for some reason haha. Looking good though. The bottom of my upper abs seems to be hollowing out, as well has my cheeks and neck. I'm not sure if it's because of the 4 day break, or what, but I'm struggling with the 1,200 calories. I feel super hungry at night time.

The depletion workout was rough. It felt like I was back in week 1. I kept feeling like I was going to puke, and I was pretty excited to be done. I was especially excited, knowing that today is an off day from the gym though.

My food for today will be the usual, except for the chicken. I'm currently out of chicken, so I'll just be eating 3 cans of tuna. How exciting....

Lunch: 1 can of tuna, and 1/2 cup of rice w/1 tbsp of olive oil
    Dinner: 1 can of tuna, 1/2 cup of rice w/tbsp of olive oil, 1 scoop of protein powder.
    Cals:1,095. Protein: 131, Carbs: 55, Fats: 37

IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100)
    50 grams of carbs a day is still a keto diet dude, id start off at minimum 100 grams of complex carbs split over 6 meals then work from there. Having no carbs is a sure fire way to lose "weight" but not a sure fire way to specifically target fat loss...

Originally Posted by TWILC View Post
    Alright guys, so I'm super excited to be starting this diet. I've been wanting to for years, but just haven't been able to for a number of different reasons. First though, a bit of background about myself.

I'm 23, 5'8" and 170 lbs, and 13-15% BF (174 today, due to some water weight though.) I actually started this cut after a long time of not working out, and basically drinking booze every day. I was 196 lbs, 26% body fat, and generally not super healthy. I lost 26 lbs using a pretty strict Keto diet (and no more booze haha.) I have taken 2 weeks off at maintenance, with carbs added back in to at about 50 grams a day.

My goal is to hopefully be losing around 1 lb a week, and to reach around 10% BF at around 6-8 weeks. I haven't done this before, so I'm not sure how ambitious this is, but we'll see.

I'll be posting a day to day log, along with a weekly pic, and before and after pics to keep you guys up to date on how the diet is going. I'm going to be sticking to the caloric ratios and workouts suggested in the book to a T. I'm at work posting this, so I won't be posting my before pics right this second, but will take/post them tonight before the depletion workout.

If you guys have any questions/comments/hate mail, feel free to post here and I'll respond as soon as I can.

LET'S DO THIS ****!
    Current stats:
    Height 5ft 8"
    Weight 234
    12% body fat
    Best Lifts:
    Bpress 475
    Squat 572
    Dlift 704

Originally Posted by IronElder View Post
    50 grams of carbs a day is still a keto diet dude, id start off at minimum 100 grams of complex carbs split over 6 meals then work from there. Having no carbs is a sure fire way to lose "weight" but not a sure fire way to specifically target fat loss...
    Thanks for the advice, but these ratios are straight from Lyle McDonald's book. He states in the book that though being in ketosis isn't the objective, that it will happen during the process anyway. Being in ketosis, or not being in ketosis doesn't matter. Thanks though.
    Last edited by TWILC; 10-26-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Week 6 Day 4

Day 39. Today I weighed in at 161.4. I'm losing weight pretty fast this week, so I'm going to hold off on the cardio today. I'll be eating the same things as yesterday, but only 900 calories worth. Since I didn't hit the gym last night, I ended up eating pretty early. This was a mistake. I was so hungry! Feeling so hungry definitely makes all of this damn tuna a tad bit more enjoyable. It's weird when you look forward to eating something that you don't really enjoy though haha.

I'm pretty excited about it being Thursday. My coworker was eating something that smelled like Philly cheese steak, and I've been craving one really badly. To start this week's carb load, I'll be eating a Philly cheese steak Lean Pocket.

Breakfast: 1 can of tuna and 1 protein shake
    Lunch: 1 can of tuna, 1/2 cup of rice w/ 1 tbsp of olive oil
    Pre workout: 1 slice of 100% wheat bread w/ 1 tbsp of cream cheese, 1.5 scoops of protein
    Calories: 878. Protein: 114g. Carb: 58g. Fat: 22g.

Week 6 Day 5

Day 40. I weighed in at 164 today. I definitely don't look as lean as I did last night, but I'm not worried. The V-Taper(ish) doesn't seem to be affected. It's mainly in my midsection.

I still never ended up getting that glucose supplement, so I've just been sticking with mainly solid foods on Thursday nights. Instead of posting my Thursday night, then the full carb load later, I'll just be posting the whole carb load when I'm done. No workout for tonight (thank christ.)

Stay tuned for the update on the carb load!

Week 6 Day 6

Day 41. I weighed in at 163.4 today. Looking back at these posts, I've consistently lost around 1-2 lb(s) every week. That's not counting the weight fluctuation throughout the week. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in, thanks to this diet. I definitely look better today. My muscles are full, and it shows.

I'm excited for today's workout. I feel pretty strong today, due to the carb load, so I'm going to try upping all of my lifts by another 5-10 lbs.

The carb load was pretty great this week. I did end up going a bit over on my fat, but I'll just be more careful next week. It was a pretty stressful day, so it was definitely nice to have carb packed foods to help with that. I usually like to end things with a few cups of rice, but ended up eating a cup and a half of cereal instead haha.

2 Philly Cheese Steak Lean Pockets
    2 Pepperoni Pizza Lean Pockets
    9.5 bowls Cocoa Pebbles
    4.5 cups (fat free) milk
    2 Naked Green Machine drinks
    5 cinnamon Raisin Bagels
    11 tbsp (fat free) cream cheese
    1 slice of 100% whole wheat bread
    Calories: 5,170. Protein: 171g. Carb: 981g. Fat: 49g.

Week 6 Day 7

Day 42. I weighed in at 163.4. Yesterday's heavy workout was decent. I've noticed that I start to get heart burn during the second half of the workout. I'm actually writing this on 10/31, and I didn't log my food for yesterday. But I basically just ate what I'd normally eat: Tuna, rice, chicken, except I had 2 cups of rice instead of 1.

I looked pretty good this morning, my stomach is slowly losing the pouch, hopefully it'll be gone within the next few weeks.

Week 7 Day 1

43. I weighed in at 162.8. I feel great, and look super lean this morning. I can really notice a difference in my chest. Instead of being soft and flabby by my arm pits, my pecs are really starting to show their shape.

Though there's a Halloween potluck at work, I'll still be eating my Monday usual. I have zero cravings today. The Halloween food smells carby, and doesn't even sound good. I mean, this tuna still tastes like monkey ass, but I'm okay with it haha.

I'm not super excited for the depletion workout, itself, but my body always looks way good after the workout. I'll be uploading pictures from before the workout later tonight, or tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned, my peeps.

Lunch: 1 can of tuna, and 1/2 cup of rice w/1 tbsp of olive oil

Hello y'all. Sorry it has been a few days. I've been feeling pretty off again. So I've actually decided to take 2 weeks at maintenance, and then start back for another 3-4 weeks. I'll be posting before and after pics for this round. Then I'll just get back on the same thread in a few weeks. Thanks to all of you who have been reading this.

Just a quick update. So when I quit the diet, I was at 163 lbs, but then dropped to 160, and didn't think much of it. But today, I'm at 158! It's kind of freaking me out, I don't want to lose any muscle. Idk if it's just that the momentum from the diet hasn't quite stopped, or what. I'm going to be eating over maintenance for a few days until the weight loss stops though. Anywho, peace out peacers.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm curious what happened in the months after this log ended, op. Were you able to maintain?

Yeah no way that small amount of cals was sustainable.

Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    I'm curious what happened in the months after this log ended, op. Were you able to maintain?
    Definitely! I gained a few pounds back, but I'm still basically just as lean. I'm actually thinking about starting up again, maybe get even leaner.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for responding. It's hard to find updates post UD2.

Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    Thanks for responding. It's hard to find updates post UD2.
    I'll actually be starting up again on Monday (7/24). I'll have pictures and all, and it should be a bit more detailed. Stay tuned!