Thread: Alkaline Diet?

drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Alkaline Diet?

Last night on the UFC broadcast, commentator Joe Rogan made a comment on the one of the fighters being on an "alkaline diet?" I was in the other room at the time, but I heard it had something to do with the ph level of your blood, acidity of your diet, or something to that effect?? Just curious if anybody has heard of this diet.
    The preservation of health is a duty. Few seem conscious that there is such a thing as physical morality.-Herbert Spencer

He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master. -Hunter S. Thompson

RhinoChaser48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read an article a while back on T-Mag about meal planning in regards to PH. Here's the link:

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/269cov2.html

The article is quite verbose in detail and a bit over the top for my tastes. It talks about how making small modifications to meals improves nitrogen retention considerably. The only thing I got out of it is a new reason to eat lots of spinach and maybe distribute your mineral supplements like magnesium, calcium, and potassium throughout the day with meals. I already do this anyways, but it's nice to think what I do is benefitting my goals in more ways than the obvious.

drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Right on. Thanx for the link...
    The preservation of health is a duty. Few seem conscious that there is such a thing as physical morality.-Herbert Spencer

He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master. -Hunter S. Thompson

RolandLarocque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kangen Water

Have you heard of drinking alkaline water? You get the same desired outcome or better(increasing your pH level to a healthy rate so that your blood cells don't need to steal from other cells to balance it's pH, which is at it's optimum at 7.36 pH, thereby increasing the acidity in your other cells that are being stolen from. ie. lactic acid) with a multitude of other benefits, including faster hydration of your cells due to the micro-clustering of the water. This also means vitamins and supplements are carried to your cells more efficiently as well.

Check out www.MyLiquidLife.com to find out more about this amazing water and sign up for my free eBook!
    Last edited by RolandLarocque; 01-25-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldn't bother. Just eat your green veg and cut out all forms of sugar and you should have no problems staying alkaline.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Well, obviously a good diet is a benefit, but how much water do you drink? Where do you get it from? And how much of your body is water? Those are all important things to ask yourself before you put your water bottle to your lips. We worry so much about our diet, but never care what is going into our water. If you do a pH test on your tap water, bottled water and energy drinks, and do the same test for the alkaline water. You'll see why there's a HUGE difference!

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your body contains buffers to keep your pH balanced...there's really no need to try and do things "manually".

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    would baking soda in water have the same effect?

True, the body has buffers to keep your pH in balance. That is when your blood steals the alkaline cells from other parts of your body, thereby increasing the acidity in that cell. And we all agree that acidity is bad, right? Real simple chemistry, actually. Baking soda does not do the same thing as it doesn't micro-cluster the water, which helps you to absorb the water efficiently, which means that it is not attaching itself to the free radicals and removing them from your system. I'm not here to prove that it works. The Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare (Their version of the FDA) has been using this as a medical device for 34 years, with proven results. It's not a new technology and I didn't invent it. I'm just spreading awareness.

Check out Wade McNutt, a writer for this very website, give his testimony to the benefits of Kangen water

http://www.myliquidlife.com/audio/?M...MgKHByb2R1Y3Qp

kiana408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It's called osteoperosis!

Originally Posted by gfundaro View Post
    Your body contains buffers to keep your pH balanced...there's really no need to try and do things "manually".
    The natural buffers is your body depleting your bones of calcium to balance out the pH. This is SERIOUS! You can purchase pH strips for $3 to make sure you are balanced. It is imperative you don't allow yourself to become acidic, this is the basis to almost all disease and illness.

Things to add to your water that will make you more alkaline (keep in mind, something may be acidic but is alkalinizing) the following things all aid in digestion also and can help with heartburn:

*Lemon Juice (from a real lemon, not a plastic bottle)
    *Apple Cider Vinegar
    *Aloe Vera Juice

Other things you can do in addition to incorporating leafy green and other alkaline forming veggies is to mix a green powder (New Chapter has a good one) with your shakes or protein powder. It does not taste good but is very good for you. It will also replenish your minerals and give you energy.

Stay away from caffeine, not only does it make you extremely acidic, longterm overuse will result in the burnout of your adrenal glands.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was taught the body is neither alkaline nor acidic: basically PH neutral and that cannot be manipulated.

Just sayin'......
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    And all I've known is the stomach can change Ph not the body itself
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Isn't this concept a type of "Body Ecology" interpretation? If it is, I find the guidelines to somewhat contradict themselves.....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by johnnyironboard View Post
    would baking soda in water have the same effect?
    It would increase HCO3-.

However it appears that potassium intake is what regulates Na/HCO3- excretion. (A caveat to this is very High K+ intake in the absence of carbs may stimulate aldosterone. This is why K+ foods > Potassium supplements)

titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your body's ph can change, ketoacidosis results in the lowering of ph inside the body, ask anybody working in the medical field about changes in ph

TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100)
    true the body does have buffers. however providing the body with alkaline elements assists the body to maintain the neutral ph of 7.365. without sufficient alkaline minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, and sodium the body leeches them from stored mineral deposits found in bone and tissue. alkaline minerals are found highly and Fruits, vegetables, and also naturally in water. alkalized water in normal water stripped of acidic elements causing the water to more alkaline than acidic. this is how alkalized water can help the body buffer to the neutral ph balance without mineral depletion. I did a google search and found some resourceful videos about it and I learned even more how the technology works from http://kangenmiracle.wordpress.com

I'm actually drinking this water myself and I can vouch for it

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Now, please provide some science and credible evidence of any benefit from a source that is NOT trying to sell us something.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100) TruHealthVision is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Now, please provide some science and credible evidence of any benefit from a source that is NOT trying to sell us something.
    Here's a PDF I googled, translated into English from Japanese doctors in hospitals where the technology is used.

http://kangenmiracle.wordpress.com/c...es-references/

And then click the link after that and you will find a PDF containing the written studies
    Last edited by TruHealthVision; 08-29-2013 at 06:45 PM.

kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not only is there a ton of credible information showing how effective Kangen Water is, but there are tons of testimonials as well. From drinking this water many of my family members and I noticed remarkable improvements in health

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kangenh2o View Post
    Not only is there a ton of credible information showing how effective Kangen Water is, but there are tons of testimonials as well. From drinking this water many of my family members and I noticed remarkable improvements in health
    Kangen Water is a total scam.

I can't believe anybody would fall for such utter nonsense.

kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kangenh2o has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RolandLarocque View Post
    True, the body has buffers to keep your pH in balance. That is when your blood steals the alkaline cells from other parts of your body, thereby increasing the acidity in that cell. And we all agree that acidity is bad, right? Real simple chemistry, actually. Baking soda does not do the same thing as it doesn't micro-cluster the water, which helps you to absorb the water efficiently, which means that it is not attaching itself to the free radicals and removing them from your system. I'm not here to prove that it works. The Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare (Their version of the FDA) has been using this as a medical device for 34 years, with proven results. It's not a new technology and I didn't invent it. I'm just spreading awareness.
    Exactly, baking soda does make water alkaline, but it isn't near the same as alkalized water. Water that is alkalized such as Kangen Water has an alkaline pH because if the surplus of beneficial minerals in the water and the absence of acidic free radicals and toxins.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kangenh2o View Post
    Exactly, baking soda does make water alkaline, but it isn't near the same as alkalized water. Water that is alkalized such as Kangen Water has an alkaline pH because if the surplus of beneficial minerals in the water and the absence of acidic free radicals and toxins.
    Nobody is going to fall for your pathetic spam for a scam product.

JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think the alkaline diet is total bull. As someone previously stated, your body has a ph buffer, so you cant manipulate it that much. However it might not be a bad idea to consume something alkaline after working out to counterbalance all the acid you have created.

benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A well planned keto diet will be pH neutral or even slightly alkaline anyway, due to the amount of vegetables, whey protein and general minerals consumed. The only tangible benefit to the so called "alkaline diet" is that it is NOT acidic, therefore your stomach isn't pulling the most alkaline minerals from the body (calcium, potassium, magnesium) in order to neutralise the acid.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not that much of a credulous person. Alkaline Diets are balderdash.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?