joshaldo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto for health and massive weight loss

Hey I currently weigh 133kg/293 pounds and am 5 11. I have been recently diagnosed with pre diabetes and am looking at changing my lifestyle in a big way to be healthy and lose weight. I go through stages where I will hit the gym for a few weeks then something will come up and I stop. I am looking at a keto diet to help me with my goals but I am after some recipes I can cook up on a weekend and freeze so I can eat throughout the week. Both my wife and I work full time and with four kids its hard to cook healthy and eat every night of the week. When I do try and lose weight I try and keep my calories around the 1800 a day mark and do full body workouts three times a week. Not sure if this is enough calories but I do get quite hungry. Not sure if I should be doing extra cardio on my off days either? Any advice from you guys on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

Under Construction Zvezdobroeca's Avatar
    Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zvezdobroeca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't need to jog or do HIIT but I would recommend a 1h walk few times a week. 3 full body workouts are all you need at this point, I'm doing the same. As for the recipes you can pretty much freeze anything, just bake some meat and throw it in the freezer. You can cut the veggies beforehand and freeze them too then just take them out, defrost and add the dressing. Nuts are a great idea too as they don't need any preparation and are very nutrient dense. 1800 calories are OK but don't be afraid to eat 2500-2800 when you get really hungry.
    .:Black belt in Ketojutsu:.

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Charlie Foundation for Ketogenic Therapies has a nice listing of recipes. You can see a listing here ~

http://www.charliefoundation.org/res...2/find-recipes

Another link that could be helpful, I saw Jimmy Moore has an interview of Dr. Adam Nally. The doctor discusses using the ketogenic diet as one of his health tools when treating diabetic patients.

"The LLVLC Show (Episode 948): Dr. Adam Nally Is A Family Practitioner Who Champions Ketogenic Diets"

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/t...ic-diets/24628
    Last edited by ParsleyTea; 04-15-2015 at 02:01 PM.

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hope this time it works out for you.

Keto is a great way to sort out your insulin resistance problems, and it much better than medication. It is sustainable over a long period of time and over that time your cells will normalise. However, if you have a predisposition for insulin resistance this will never change. This means that if you go back to a high sugar diet, and therefore a high insulin secretory diet, your insulin resistance will come back!

At 130 kg you can up your calories from 1800 (true keto macros) and still loose weight. For you sustainability is the most important factor not rapid weightless.

As for cooking each night and cooking healthy foods, that takes time, but is achievable, make sure your family are onboard with it, and look around for recipes. I have cooked dinners each night, some done a crock pot some on the stove. In general I can make a meal in around 30 minutes. This is with a lot of practice and patience, and with a few failed attempts in-between.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg